Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Lake News, brought to you by: Ariela Steadfast
Last updated: 4/30 @ 3:08 P.M. EST
Top Fishers Guild Community

General: Down to the last 12 hours now, and most positions seem set for trophies. There has been speculation about the new items, and not having any helms released for Gambino while Durem and Bass'ken have. It will be interesting to see what developes there, and if there may be some more items yet, that weren't ready to be released. I think what new items there are, makes competing a little easier, as funds will be more readily available to put back into the contests. It's been a rough month, with all the glitches, but congrats to those who have stuck it out and were able to achieve their goal this month!!

User Image

Silence' will take first in overall. Congratulations!

User Image

Vendrasil has first place with [Kai] in second. [~Vale~] still hasn't moved but Optimusprime shall take third shortly. AnAnnoyinglyLongUserName still may get in to the top ten at the last minute.

User Image

Annie Laurie has the Gold Tuna beyond a shadow of a doubt, with Savanna_Wind will take the Silver Trout. A few more hours should put Caramel at ease as far as the tenth position, if NiKKi_ni_BoBoN doesn't put on some heat here at the last.

User Image

IxianMace has an impressive Gold Boldur coming, with 680k+ in points. Voxule should take the Silver Biter this month. There may still be a tussle at the bottom of the top ten between Chaos_Butterfly, PrettyDragon and Silence' depending on how much higher Silence' intends to take their overall score.
March Scores

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Over Achiever
The Performance Index (PI)

It is simply your total unadjusted score per fish caught (including fish and junk at all locations) for the month divided by the baseline of approximately 20 points per fish. (This baseline has been seen to fluctuate day by day)

For example, you only fished once at Gambino catch bucket of only seedkin. That's an unadjusted score of 18x14 = 252 / 18 fish caught = 14 points per fish for the month. That's a PI of ~70%. Your final score is therefore 252 x 70% = 176

Stats >> Score: 176 Performance Index: 70% Fish/Junk: 18/0

Then you fish at Durem and catch the following bucket:
4 Pebbo Feeders, 4 Biters, 4 Boldurs, 3 Tires
That's 7x22 + 4x32 + 4x42 + 3x6 = 468 / 18 fish caught = 26 points per fish for the bucket. If this was the only bucket you caught for the month, you would have a PI of ~130%

However the PI is calculated for the entire month, so after fishing that bucket at Durem, your average points per fish would be 252+468 = 720 / 36 fish caught = 20 points per fish for the month so your PI would be 100% Your adjusted score is therefore 720 x 100% = 720

Stats >> Score: 720 Performance Index: 100% Fish/Junk 36/3

Examples of ~100% PI:
Bass'ken
11 Bass, 7 Striper
Gambino
10 Seedkin, 5 Trout, 3 Tuna
Durem
16 Pebbo Feeders, 1 Can, 1 Tire
Over Achiever
Bass'ken Score Values
6 - Yellow/Orange/Red Guppy
16 - Green/Brown/Blue Bass
26 - Blue/Gray/Green Striper
2,000 - Mutha Guppa, Big Mouth Bass'terd, Candy Striper
Gambino Score Values
14 - Blue/Green/Pink Seedkin
24 - Cool/Warm/Frozen Rainbow Trout
34 - Icy/Spicy/Dicy Tuna
2,500 - Buckin' Bino, Chargin' Chino, Tootin' Tino
Durem Score Values
22 - White/Brown/Black Pebbo Feeder
32 - Bluestone/Black/Pyrite Rocque Biters
42 - Stone/Sand/Slate Boldurs
3,000 - Diamondback/Rubyback/Emeraldback Lion
Junk Score Values
2 - Old Can
4 - Old Boot
6 - Big Old Tire
Over Achiever
[Junk Score] = [Score]/[P.I.%] - [Fish Score]

[Junk Total] ~ [Junk Score]/4
This is only an approximation of the total junk caught.

January Junk Rankings
Shiletimis is being nice enough to do the Junk Rankings for the fishers. You can find her thread Here .
Gaia has had many great fishers since fishing was released. This is a small shrine to the many great fishers of Gaia, in time I'll have pictures of each fisher here, and maybe some other cool things.
(I've done some switching around here, so thats why things look a little different)

maharitoUser Image
The Overall winner in June, and finishing ahead of chaos_butterfly by a small 13k lead. The fact that he was able to compete against and come out ahead of chaos_butterfly is a great accomplishment indeed, but what makes it more impressive is the lack of time maharito had to prepare for it. Joining Gaia only in May, he learned and mastered fishing, and its techniques extremely fast. He is welcomed by us all, and a great inspiration to new fishers everywhere.

novarrenUser Image
She might not have won a trophy, but she did win our friendship. She's usually there to give helpful advice or a friendly gesture and has been a staple in the Top Fishers threads, even though she claims not to be a top fisher herself.

Snuggle BunniUser Image
The Gold Durem winner in March, she began her fishing adventure to get the trophy for her significant other, so he would be able to get a Devil Tail. As the month progressed she passed Sir_Peter and took gold. When the month ended she had grown rather affectionate of the trophy, and wasn't able to send it to Eyosakura.

ElendilionUser Image
Just as Anjelous defined power fishing. Elendilion took it to a whole new level. Shelling out unbelieavable amounts of fish, he shattered records and took Silver in Durem and a staggering score of 1.2 million for the Gold Overall. It is hard to describe his awesome fishing pace, and he continues to get the gold Durem this month. Truly an incredible fisher.

Chaos_ButterflyUser Image
This list keeps getting better and better. Chaos_Butterfly is the first fisher to win gold in all 3 lakes. She also broke the one million point record for Durem. Even in the first month of fishing she took a Bass'ken silver.
Once she starts not much can stop her fishing pace. Right now she is taking it easy, but may start trying to get a bronze in Gambino. Only time will tell.

GaidinUser Image
If there was a fairy tale for fishing. Gaidin would be the main character.
Trying out to get a Bronze Bass'ken in Feburary. Armed with 15k and a Distance Plus Rod. He set out and started fishing, despite power outages, disconnects, and an assortment of other misfortunes his pushed his way through the Bass'ken ranks. Making it as high as to 8th place. Unfortunately, he lost his place on the last day. Nevertheless, he went back to Bass'ken in March, and continued his pace, but staying much higher to prevent an upset such as Feburary had. Near the end of the month he saw an opportunity to take the Silver trophy, and he took it. Getting the coveted silver bass, instead of his bronze guppy. The tale doesn't end there. In April he sought out for a Bronze in Gambino and Durem. Seeing another opportunity for a silver in Gambino he began fishing rapidly there, while trying not to nelgect Durem. When the month was over, he had a Silver trout and bronze Pebbo in his hand. The fairy tale continues with Gaidin resting in the Gold Bass'ken position, and now a race for yet another Gambino trophy. Only time will tell if the tale ends with a happy ending.

Sapphire Kasserack
User Image
The youngest top fisher is Sapphire Kasserack, and despite her age. She has done some marvelous things. Winning Gold in Feburary being one of them. She attempted for a gold Overall in April but wasn't able to do so. Elendilion attacked the charts and showed us all a thing or two about power. She tried again in May, and was going extremely strong, but due to an unforunate hacking she lost her items and her account has been locked out. She still holds the spot, and the only one in striking distance is Chaos_Butterfly, but she will only fish up to Sapphire's current score. We all want to see Sapphire when the gold Overall. She fished against Alexi_Jameson, and she was just behind her on the overall charts. Only time will tell if she wins or not.

Over Achiever User Image
Over Achiever is just what his name says. Fishing behind Anjelous for most of the month of February, and then taking the Overall trophy in May. He has become an icon in fishing. Even just saying OA will get people looking around. His attitude towards fishing, and his great company make him a truly nice person. Over Achiever went beyond fishing and made friends with everyone in the thread. Over Achiever has done many a great things, and is still doing more, always trying to help out other Gaians. He is the epitome of a top fisher.

Usagi HasanoUser Image The very first Overall winner. She's been around Gaia longer than stink has been around a warthog, but she's earned a place in all her hearts. Because she was the one who fished alot, and didn't expect a reward, she did it because she loved to fish, which is something we could all learn from.
Regulars
If you wish to be added to this list and post here often, please PM tiranaki with the subject title "Regular"
Rules
1. No begging.
2. No spamming.
3. No multiple page quotes.
4. No stretching out the screen.
5. No disrespect please.
6. No quoting the first page.
7. Do use decent spelling and grammar.

Try to keep quoting to a minimum, anything over 5 quotes is excessive.

Snuggle Bunni
The over-quoting will be STRICTLY enforced

Banned
Hall of Shame
You do not want to be here!
You either broke one of the rules and/or pissed people off.

purifacation elemental
Drummer Dustin
Drako27
MMMster
mach kid8
shadzar
a2yh047
gunblade_72
G.1.R.
CALIGATO
rojan_243
blackandwhite90818

Please don''t post here again.

Contests V2.0
Poetry Corner

Due to a brief poetic streak in one of the older threads, the Poetry Corner was born. From time to time one of the regulars will get an artistic inspriration(Or maybe just too many fish swimming in their head) and come up with something. That is what you will see here. If you would like to have poetry here please PM it to Holy_Knight57.

Lake Themed

Bass'ken

Over Achiever

Guppies are red,
The Bass are blue,
Filtering out junk,
Takes forever to do.

whee

Frustrated
Red Guppy Red Guppy you move like Bass,
Red Guppy Red Guppy you smell like a**.

Red Guppy Red Guppy you are so plentyfull,
Red Guppy Red Guppy I have a whole damn bucket full.

Red Guppy Red Guppy I wish you were dead,
Red Guppy Red Guppy I''ll mount you on a hat and wear you on my head.

Red Guppy Red Guppy you must breed like bunnies,
Cause Bass''ken is so full of you ******** it''s not even funny.

maharito
There''s a man of Lake Bass''ken named Floyd.
A simple fishing method he employed.
If the strength of a wiggle was just more than a little,
he''d reel it in, and be overjoyed.

Gambino

chaos_butterfly
Seedkin are pink,
frozen rainbow are cool,
version 105 sucks,
and the admins are cruel.

brezzie
My pretty little Seedkin
if only you had seen him
He was rainbow''rific
it was just terrific
He loved to swim and play
and then one day
my Seedkin'' ran away.

maharito
There''s a man of Gambino named Keith,
who made ''fff fff'' sounds through his teeth.
whenever a fish''s power surpassed the left red tower,
he''d use rhythm to catch the tuna beneath.

BlackPidgeot
Ode to Seedkin

Seedkin suck
Their fins I pluck

Green, Blue, and Pink
I''ll toss them down the sink!

They move rather quick
Like fish I''d rather pick

Stupid little fish
For Tuna is what I wish!

Durem

Heavens Wraith
pebbos are black
pyrites are gold
fishing is fun
until it gets old >.<

wagnas
Bass''ken reeling is slow
Gambino water is deep
But at the ultimate fishing lake
Yes that''s Durem, I always fall asleep

~Magical_Trevor~
Pebbo fish Pebbo fish,
Brown, White Black.
Pebbo Fish Pebb Fish,
I''m putting You Back.

Pebbo fish pebbo fish,
Brown Black White.
Pebbo Fish Pebbo Fish
You don''t put up a fight.

Pebbo fish Pebbo Fish
Black White Brown.
Pebbo Fish Pebbo Fish,
You weigh my bucket down gonk

brezzie
My dear little Pebbo,
I should name you Bebbo
You look like a mouse
you smell like a house
One day you ran away
I wish you could''ve stayed
My Bebbo ran away.

maharito
There''s a lad of ole Durem named Paul,
though ''Paulina'' did his drinking buddies call.
When his cursor pulled over the left side of the shoulder
only boldurs and biters didn''t stall!

Other

wagnas
OA wears socks
but why he wears a BAO, I have no clue
but the Labcoat makes him a man
And that is completely true.

Teh Squish
Junk is lame
filtering is fun
But make a Tin Hat
and you''ll have lots of fame

Over Achiever
Old cans are shiney,
Old boots are big,
Those big old tires,
Belong on my rig.

wagnas
Gaidin wears an OMG
Heaven rates poems
But I think it''s all a plot
That''s why I end this one without rhyhm.

Teh Squish
They can be long.
They can be hard
Mine will be bronze
Some will be gold
Trophies are here
Pass me another beer? *shrugs*

Gaidin
Silver is good,
But Gold takes the cake,
And Chaos has got one,
From every single lake! whee

wagnas
Some fishing trophies are Silver
Others are made of Gold
But for the Shiny Sushi Statuete
That one has to be cold

Piraten
Mysterious Fishermen!
Mysterious fishers, we see them each month
Nobody knows''em, but these are the ones
That appears out of nothing, to flash off some skills
Get their hands on the gold
And then disappears
We''ve seen''em before and we''ll see them again
Mysterious fishers be carefull with them!

Shyla
Okay, here is my poem. Please keep in mind that I am a terrible poet. sweatdrop

I want them to introduce fishing at the Barton Coast.
I caught a Snarlin Marlin and a Whale, we could surely all boast.
Maybe with friends we could fish from a boat,
Or set sail from a castle that has a murky moat.
Our ship would never ever spring a leak,
As we floated along to find the fish that we seek.

Teh Squish
Bass''ken is slow.
I hate this new version
Red guppies are evil
Going for overall really blows.

brezzie
One day I caught a guppy
the guppy smelled like bass
a bass that smelled like a**
Then my mother told me,
"he''s just your little homie"
So I took him for a drive
We passed a Bee hive
George Guppie hated bees
I don''t know what he sees
But on that faithfull day
George Guppy passed away.

brezzie
Squish is always Squishy
Chaos loves her Gold
I hope all fishers are happy
''Cuz sushi''s really cold.

Contra Celsius
As I set, the moon shines bright
Tonight I have a rare in sight
And in my heart there''s just one light
The light I need to get it right
To cast to reel to get that bite
Of the fish that''s worth my life...
Official Bucket Terminology

There's a few types of different fishers out there, each tending to get (or wish for) specific things in their buckets. As there has been some confusion over what a "perfect" or "decent" or "horrible" bucket is, we have taken the information from a former overall winner and expanded the information into 12 main types of buckets that people get or hope to get.

Sushi Platter
- Must contain two of every type of non-rare fish available. (Bonus points for pairing them next to each other.)
- Must contain no junk.

Perfect Bucket
- Must contain nine large fish.
- Must contain no trash, no small fish.
- Must contain one of each variety of medium fish and large fish available.

Lucky Bucket
- Must contain one saved rare fish.

Hat Bucket
- Contains nine or more of the same type and color of fish/junk.

Performance Bucket
- Must contain nine large fish.

Sweet Bucket

Traitor Bucket
- Must contain only one small fish or one piece of junk.

Filtered Bucket
- Must contain no trash.

Speed Bucket
- Must be finished within five minutes.

Dredge Bucket
- Must catch everything hooked.

Trash Bucket
- Must contain mostly junk.
- Must contain just enough fish to pay for the cost of the bait.

Junk Magnet
- Must contain six of every type of junk. (Bonus points for lining them all on the same row.)
- Must contain no fish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces