Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
i'm having trouble fishing in the port of gambino. in bassken lake, i catch everything i hook. but i struggle so much in the port. any tips??? what rod do you recommend for it? i use the distance rod. help! sad

Tipsy Streaker

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Guildmember 100
  • Millionaire 200
glamourgirl1
i'm having trouble fishing in the port of gambino. in bassken lake, i catch everything i hook. but i struggle so much in the port. any tips??? what rod do you recommend for it? i use the distance rod. help! sad

A lot of it comes down to practice. Once you've finished multiple buckets, you'll have the general feel of Gambino down.
I would say using an upgraded rod is a good place to start; distance tends to be one of the hardest rods to use for beginners, so it might be worth it to try out performance or strength (PLUS) for the first little while.
As you gradually become accustomed to Gambino, you'll be able to work your way toward the distance rod. The mechanics of the game really only change the maneuverability of each rod by a slight margin, but in my opinion the way each rod bends on the screen (visually) seems to almost convince your mind that it has less strength to it, and thus cannot control the fish as easily. Since the strength rod (aptly named) does not bend (visually), it gives the impression that you don't have to move your mouse as much to catch the hooked fish. That, and the lines of each rod impact how you catch the fish. Especially in Gambino, the fish tend to get stronger the closer they get to being caught, so using a strength or performance rod )both have wider lines at the base) will probably be a good idea.

Hope this helps ^_^
-Old Geezer

Feral Pumpkin

21,150 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Partygoer 500
Personally I recommend getting an upgraded rod for Gambino (and Durem.) Which rod depends on your preference as a fisher, and your style of fishing. If you want to reel in everything, Strength Plus is probably the most suitable. If you want to learn to filter, or want more large fish I'd go for a Distance Plus.

6,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
thank you to the both of you! i'll be sure to try them! biggrin

Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
we all went thru that at one time.. having a hard time fishing in Bino then in Durem.. but with Practice everything will be easy.. you should also be Patient.. so the key to reeling everything you hook in Bino and eventually Durem is Practice + Patience = Fishies!! Have Fun!! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff