Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you going to compete in the 2nd annual tournament?

Yes, definitely 0.36363636363636 36.4% [ 4 ]
No, not planning on it 0.36363636363636 36.4% [ 4 ]
Maybe, I'm not sure yet 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
This poll closed on April 24, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

4,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
  • Member 100

For anyone who missed it last year, the top sticky in the fishing forum has information about last years tournament: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-fishing/1st-annual-gaia-pro-fishing-tournament-in-june-win-prizes/t.85881623/

There's only a little over 6 weeks until June, and I'm personally looking forward to competing in the 2nd annual tournament. I'm sure I can't be the only one. I'm interested in seeing who else is polishing up their fishing rods and stocking up on bait.

Will you compete if the tournament goes ahead?

Are you going to be competing for honor and glory (and the special trophy), hoping to snag some rare fish as prizes, or both?

Do you have a specific lake/fishing spot in mind or going for overall?

Will the captcha be a problem for you when fishing competitively?

I've started a week long poll, to try and gauge the level of interest. So please click on the poll even if you don't reply to the thread itself. I'll possibly put up a new poll every week, and am taking suggestions for interesting questions.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
This looks like it should be fun and best of all i have nothing planned for June smile

Wealthy Noob

8,425 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100

My fishing days are over,
But it would be fun to cheer on a few friends.. heart

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
Maybe I should get some days off for that month and win something golden! biggrin

Friendly Gaian

Forever Autumn

I probably won't have the time for the competition but I might try to put some pressure : P

Salty Fatcat

Maybe it's the pessimist in me, but I have a feeling that we won't be getting a second tournament.

Not that I'd have time to compete even if they did... I'm pretty sure that it'll probably be a few years before I could even get enough time off work to make a serious go at it. cat_crying

4,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
  • Member 100
Thanks everyone who's posted and voted. heart

Selna Fae
Maybe it's the pessimist in me, but I have a feeling that we won't be getting a second tournament.

Not that I'd have time to compete even if they did... I'm pretty sure that it'll probably be a few years before I could even get enough time off work to make a serious go at it. cat_crying

I'm hoping that Siskataya will bring it back for another year, after all, when she planned the 1st tournament she did call it an 'annual' tournament so it must have been part of the plan to hold it every year.

Part of the reason for making this thread is to (hopefully) demonstrate that a lot of fishers are keen on participating, so it's worth it to continue and make this year even better than the last. smile

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
any word on if this will happen?

4,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
  • Member 100
Kid Jak

I haven't heard anything or seen anything official. I really hope it will go ahead. I imagine it'll be up to Siskataya, she organised it last year and if anyone can get something organised it's her. mrgreen

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Forever Autumn
Kid Jak

I haven't heard anything or seen anything official. I really hope it will go ahead. I imagine it'll be up to Siskataya, she organised it last year and if anyone can get something organised it's her. mrgreen

I hope it does.

I know I have no chance I just want to try smile

2 rare fish would let me finish the ruby back fins

4,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
  • Member 100
Kid Jak
Forever Autumn
Kid Jak

I hope it does.

I know I have no chance I just want to try smile

2 rare fish would let me finish the ruby back fins

If they ran the prizes the same as last year you'd only have to place in the top three at one of the lakes or top three at OA.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Forever Autumn

If they ran the prizes the same as last year you'd only have to place in the top three at one of the lakes or top three at OA.

Saddly I can't even seem to hold on to 10th for durem.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Would be nice if they had an amateur division this year.

for those who are new to competitive fishing.

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
I would have liked to have fished more since the last tournament and improved, but life and work being what they are I haven't fished regularly in a few months. Still this may be a way to get back into the habit (and I may have stalled in my alchemiac progress at that point).

Blessed Millionaire

6,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
Haven't fished competitively in a long time. I may enter this event and make a strong comeback.
wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces