Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vibes II's Husbando

Shameless Lunatic

Hi there everyone! (^o^)/ I noticed that the passcodes are a lot harder than it is. And also these new passcodes used to be the same passcodes as before until when Gaia decided to change it due to complains. Please hear me out, I would like to ask Gaia to change the passcodes to its former glory. A lot of players, including myself, are already having a hard time reading and also succeeding to enter the right passcodes. Please fix this? sweatdrop

A photo:
User Image

Dapper Consumer

Yes, lets hope it's temporarily and that they discover their stupidity before the weekend really kicks in. People like to fish normally. Not fish with great difficulty. xp

Self-sustaining Simp

I can't find it right now, but one of the fishing regs posted a helpful guide to these captchas last time they were up(maybe someone else will remember it and be able to link it?). They only use particular letters and it's easier to see what you're looking at once you know that.

I think you've got a "c" masquerading as an "e" at the end of the first "word" there, and I'd recommend putting a space between the two "words"(I don't actually know if the space is required, because I've always put it in anyway, but other captchas do require the space).

I'm not sure why it was changed or if it'll be changing back, but if you really dislike them, it's a good idea to post in Site Feedback about your feelings too as the staff are more likely to see them there(there's already an active thread about fishing captchas there, or you could make your own if you wanted to).

Lonely Kitten

idleRAT
I can't find it right now, but one of the fishing regs posted a helpful guide to these captchas last time they were up(maybe someone else will remember it and be able to link it?). They only use particular letters and it's easier to see what you're looking at once you know that.

I think you've got a "c" masquerading as an "e" at the end of the first "word" there, and I'd recommend putting a space between the two "words"(I don't actually know if the space is required, because I've always put it in anyway, but other captchas do require the space).

I'm not sure why it was changed or if it'll be changing back, but if you really dislike them, it's a good idea to post in Site Feedback about your feelings too as the staff are more likely to see them there(there's already an active thread about fishing captchas there, or you could make your own if you wanted to).

gaia mod present, is not worthy 'o'
There's been so many complaints though, I think I remember the captchas changing at one point? I decided to go back to fishing again today and found them the same. Not sure if I really remember it correctly or anything, but have you heard anything at all to changing this soon?

Like the forum post captchas for example would be perfect for fishing (although I don't know anything about coding and I know they changed it because some gaians were cheating *sobs because one ruins it for the bunch*).

Etheziel's Husband

Sparkly Unicorn

idleRAT

I believe you are referring to this?

Also, you should know that Gaia doesn't handle the captchas, a third party (Google) does. Although I do not have the thread on-hand, I do remember Uncle Kenny addressing this issue once before.

Shy Friend

10,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Ally Up 100
I don't know about this but yeah make it happen.

Self-sustaining Simp

K4121X
gaia mod present, is not worthy 'o'
There's been so many complaints though, I think I remember the captchas changing at one point? I decided to go back to fishing again today and found them the same. Not sure if I really remember it correctly or anything, but have you heard anything at all to changing this soon?

Like the forum post captchas for example would be perfect for fishing (although I don't know anything about coding and I know they changed it because some gaians were cheating *sobs because one ruins it for the bunch*).

I have no other info about it, sorry. I mentioned this in another thread, but AtS would probably be the best place to ask about it. heart

Pwny IV
I believe you are referring to this?

Also, you should know that Gaia doesn't handle the captchas, a third party (Google) does. Although I do not have the thread on-hand, I do remember Uncle Kenny addressing this issue once before.

That's the one, yes, thanks for the link.

I'm aware that the captchas are outsourced :]

Vibes II's Husbando

Shameless Lunatic

idleRAT

I see~ Yeah, the letters I typed for that captcha is wrong. Btw, for my experienced using a space, numbers, caps, and punctuation marks are not need to type in the captcha. I did some experiment before (on my first fishing days back in 2011) and I then realize that you only need to type the letters and nothing else. The numbers, spaces, caps, and punctuation did not hold any importance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff