Welcome to Gaia! ::

When I first started fishing, I was clueless as to what each of the rods did. So I had to try all of them sweatdrop Since that is kind of expensive, I thought these screenshots might help people decide which one to get.

The screenshots are actually two put together, so you can see how the red lines differ for each rod and the farthest it will cast.

Edit (5-28-2005): I imposed the screenshots for the Normal and Plus rods so that you could see the difference easier. (And it takes up less space.)

Edit (6-29-2005): Added some information on the Angelic Rod, since it doesn't appear the Official Angelic Rod Thread will be coming back anytime soon.

Edit (8-15-2005): The prices for rod upgrades are as follows:

Basic Rod: 100g
Upgrade: 10,000g

Strength Rod: 1,850g
Upgrade: 11,075g

Performance Rod: 2,475g
Upgrade: 12,500g

Distance Rod: 3,500g
Upgrade: 13,050g

Edit (9-4-2005): Alright! Privateer_Darth2005's Official Angelic Rod Thread is back in business!

Enjoy!

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

User ImageAnd now, a few facts about the infamous Angelic Rod.
User ImageFor even more information on the Angelic Rod, please see the
Official Angelic Rod Thread.

Freshmeat
A) The Angelic Rod has the lines of a Strength Rod Plus, and a casting distance of 100 feet (aka, max casting distance possible).
B) The Angelic Rod Plus has the same range, but even wider lines.
C) The only reason why we know this, is before Lanzer made his announcement about viewing the game code being against the ToS, several people looked and found stats for this rod.
D) To put an end to the arguement of about if the Angelic Rod exists or not, Jakabo, an admin, confirmed that this rod existed, and has not been released to normal users.
E) Only Kaia9, someone who worked on the game code, and the admins have access to this rod. NOBODY ELSE HAS IT. If someone claims to have it, unless their name is orange or Kaia9, they're either BSing, or a hacker.
F) It is not known when it will be released, if it is ever released.
Thanks! I always wondered how far a basic plus would go... whee
<center>You're welcome smile

Oh, and if anyone has seen a post like this before lemme know. I don't want to be making any repeat posts.
Thanks good info
Thanks. I've been thinking of a new rod.
STill so hard to choose and so little money crying

Strength rod gotta have the highest success rate!
(Damn those fish always escape at the last moment crying )

But maybe Performance rod can do the job too! and longer range, more types of fish.

But maybe there are fish that can only be caught with distance rod. hmm... stressed
<center>I use the Performance Rod for Bassken and Gambino. For Durem I still need to use the Strength Rod or they get away too often.

I think there is a certain range (close to 100 of course) that you have a better chance of catching rare fish.
Merikayla
<center>I use the Performance Rod for Bassken and Gambino. For Durem I still need to use the Strength Rod or they get away too often.

I think there is a certain range (close to 100 of course) that you have a better chance of catching rare fish.

not for rare fish, but for large fish. you're going in my thread subscriptions now.
<center>Ah, my mistake.
Well, that explains why I'm usually surrounded by Pebbo when using the Strength Rod in Durem whee
get distance!
Does what kind of rod you get determine what fish you can catch? I know you can't catch lions with basics, but do the more expensive ones or plus'es get you better fish as well as better range?
Matanago
Does what kind of rod you get determine what fish you can catch? I know you can't catch lions with basics, but do the more expensive ones or plus'es get you better fish as well as better range?

<center>There is an area close to the 100 ft mark that you have a better chance of catching a larger fish.

But you can still catch pretty much any fish with any rod.
basic + is all i ever use now. 3nodding
pillowsfather
get distance!

<center>The Performance Rod is pretty good too, for those who are frustrated because the fish often escapes at the last moment.
shadzar
basic + is all i ever use now. 3nodding

<center>Even in Durem?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out