Welcome to Gaia! ::

Uncle Kenny

That will depend on what you have your browser set to do when it clicks the link. It will either open in a new window or it will open in a new tab in your current window. You can change that setting within your browser itself and there's not really a way for me to be able to force it to do one or the other.

I think what she meant was that the game no longer opens in a popup window, the way Towns 1 & 2 , Blackjack, Jigsaw, etc. do.

With the Trophy lookup, we can sneak peeks at how everyone else is doing in the ranks!

User Image

Lanzer, Y U no ever fish Gambino? xd

Scurvy Pirate

OV8ION
Uncle Kenny

That will depend on what you have your browser set to do when it clicks the link. It will either open in a new window or it will open in a new tab in your current window. You can change that setting within your browser itself and there's not really a way for me to be able to force it to do one or the other.

I think what she meant was that the game no longer opens in a popup window, the way Towns 1 & 2 , Blackjack, Jigsaw, etc. do.

With the Trophy lookup, we can sneak peeks at how everyone else is doing in the ranks!

User Image

Lanzer, Y U no ever fish Gambino? xd

Yeah, I realized that later. I've made a fix for that too which will probably go out next week.

And yes, yes you can wink Lanzer doesn't settle for the middle, he's hardcore like that.

Exploratory Fisher

Uncle Kenny

new fishing page is awesome!!! i love it!!! though, what would make it even more epic, is instead of linking ppl's profile, link ppl's trophy cabinets. then winners could show off their past achievements as well. xd
I see two smallish bugs.

One, the old glitch where you cannot save your bucket because you have to fill out the CAPTCHA over and over again, and it's always wrong. This bug occurs when you log out of Gaia on another window and log back in. Sometimes it occurs when you don't. I was hoping this might be addressed, but evidently not.

Two, the text cursor seems to be grabbed by Fishing when you are on another tab, attempting to type. Oddly enough, in the new window, you can still click links and work the scrollbar. The only thing you cannot do is type. I was trying to look up an item in the marketplace, and when I returned to the Fishing tab, it held the text I had typed.
Areweeffingserious
I hate it.. I'm used to just selecting Bassken or Durem from the PowerUser Menus, but not anymore... It's completely over-done, and it's limiting my fishing abilities. I have little to zero desire to click the Games tab every time I want to fish..

I second this. Although i do like the new layout and the searching past winners and trophy records and infact I like it all. I don't want to have to open 'games' and then click into the 'fishing' area then click my 'lake', Everytime I want to come fishing. Bring back the power menu again. If i want to see all the fishing details, Im happy to go into all the sections but when Im fishing daily having to load 2 pages extra from what i used to, its just annoying.
iPodgy
Bring back the power menu again.

TBH I miss the power menu links too..my Games page looks a bit neutered without them.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I think it's brilliant!
I find it to be extremely functional and informative, and while I hear those who are pining for the old power link, for me at least, the new page is worth the couple of additional mouse clicks. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff