Welcome to Gaia! ::

Merry Traveler

Prodigious_girl

That doesn't make much sense. Why would the price of alchemist cases go down because fish prices go down? Wouldn't it be vice versa? Even if it was the case that alchemist cases went down in price and fish prices went down as a result it doesn't mean there will no longer be a market for fish.

I also don't understand what you mean by "you require twice the amount of philosopher's cache. While the price it sells for is the same". I can only assume you meant that in the market the selling prices of the Caches are similar to the Cases. Before Gaia's update it was fairly true (when the caches were having a good day and the cases a bad one) that this was the case but now that Philosopher's Caches have a fixed price of 50k their selling prices are a world apart. Right now the Philosopher Caches are worth 50k on the market, the Alchemist Cases are worth 950k.

If you meant however, that consumers will demand the price of fish to go down to compensate for the fact that you need more fish to create the Cases than the Caches well...I doubt that'll happen.

yeah, it used to be the same price cases and caches. so cases are less popular.

I see, it's still too early to see the full impact it will do
whether the cases will now rise in price to compensate and it stay there or it will go down.

Merry Traveler

Whiskey Wisdom

When did this happen? o.o

the announcement today,
well, it's still to early to say
but a lot of cache maker has experience massive gold loss, due to this

I will say alchemy's risky right now, since it's being revamped

mxna's Husband

Aged Sex Symbol

amarzyciel
Whiskey Wisdom

the announcement today,

Leave it do Gaia to take out the number one way of making gold >_< I guess we will see.

Merry Traveler

Whiskey Wisdom
amarzyciel
Whiskey Wisdom

the announcement today,

Leave it do Gaia to take out the number one way of making gold >_< I guess we will see.

yeah, but sadly, it has a good reception
mostly from people that isn't affected or benefit from it
the alchemist and backwing maker rejoiced at the news

so I fear that's what gaia will see and ignore the minority

it has become less and less friendly place now

mxna's Husband

Aged Sex Symbol

amarzyciel
Whiskey Wisdom
amarzyciel
Whiskey Wisdom

the announcement today,

yeah, but sadly, it has a good reception
mostly from people that isn't affected or benefit from it
the alchemist and backwing maker rejoiced at the news

so I fear that's what gaia will see and ignore the minority

it has become less and less friendly place now

That's kinda sad really, I've been fishing since 09 and I only really came back to Gaia when a friend said that they made Fishing and overly effective for making money. Hmmp

Merry Traveler

Whiskey Wisdom

That's kinda sad really, I've been fishing since 09 and I only really came back to Gaia when a friend said that they made Fishing and overly effective for making money. Hmmp

you can still get gold through fishing
but it's shaky right now because of the change

the golden era of 2k@ fish's over and I already have my fill of it thankfully.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
amarzyciel
Prodigious_girl

That doesn't make much sense. Why would the price of alchemist cases go down because fish prices go down? Wouldn't it be vice versa? Even if it was the case that alchemist cases went down in price and fish prices went down as a result it doesn't mean there will no longer be a market for fish.

I also don't understand what you mean by "you require twice the amount of philosopher's cache. While the price it sells for is the same". I can only assume you meant that in the market the selling prices of the Caches are similar to the Cases. Before Gaia's update it was fairly true (when the caches were having a good day and the cases a bad one) that this was the case but now that Philosopher's Caches have a fixed price of 50k their selling prices are a world apart. Right now the Philosopher Caches are worth 50k on the market, the Alchemist Cases are worth 950k.

If you meant however, that consumers will demand the price of fish to go down to compensate for the fact that you need more fish to create the Cases than the Caches well...I doubt that'll happen.

yeah, it used to be the same price cases and caches. so cases are less popular.

I see, it's still too early to see the full impact it will do
whether the cases will now rise in price to compensate and it stay there or it will go down.
XD Either they'll become incredibly inflated or the price will come down a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Gaia made them a cash item sometime before the summer.

Wealthy Noob

8,425 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
If this decision by Gaia effected you in any kind of way, then you are pretty much the target and this was intended to do that to you... In many ways this is targeting the people who are making mills to bills from little to no effort at all from this items. But when we look at the flip side many are more happy about this situation ,Alchemist,and Competitive fishers are pretty much not effected by this at all even before alchemy and inflation we was and still are making the correct amount of gold we deserve for all the years of hard work we put in to gathering and achieving the goal we set out for..

I have nothing against people making lots of gold, but there has to be some sort of reasoning behind it.. It took me years of hard work and dedication to reach a Billion status, just to sit there and watch any newbie/regular kid go and make the same amount in the matter of days/months to a very effortless lake... That is insane and crazy!

I have been so mad with Gaia over the past few month... Mistake after mistake has been made from this site and we have been punish for all the mistakes they make... But this... this i have to agree with i am glad Gaia is finally heading to the right direction,

Btw, i am sure many of the people in this whole fishing forum have had a taste of them millions and is rolling on some heavy cash right now... It is pretty much that time to learn how to actually invest that gold and learning how to spend money to make money.. in the end the market is run by the consumer and is only giving that power back to them.

blah blah economics blah blah blah broke ... this does not effect me at all. 3nodding

Good Luck
And
Happy Fishing

FishingKnight.

Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The scenario

Gaians: Oh man fish, towns, zomg item prices will definitely go down, how can i make tons of gold now?

Gaia Admin: It's easy, we will be releasing flynn's booty and flynn's chest thru Gcash from time to time and you just have to buy it and you'll be rich in no time!

blaugh rofl blaugh

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

FishingKnight
If this decision by Gaia effected you in any kind of way, then you are pretty much the target and this was intended to do that to you... In many ways this is targeting the people who are making mills to bills from little to no effort at all from this items. But when we look at the flip side many are more happy about this situation ,Alchemist,and Competitive fishers are pretty much not effected by this at all even before alchemy and inflation we was and still are making the correct amount of gold we deserve for all the years of hard work we put in to gathering and achieving the goal we set out for..
I've bolded your post which I have to completely disagree with.

Gaia has no problems with people making gold, it's how users get items they want. Why would they openly target users who make gold? It would turn away users from even wanting to partake in the free-to-play aspect of the website. neutral

If people who make millions and billions of gold are targets, then why are there many with items worth a billion or more or even just hundreds of millions? Even before Flynn was introduced, this has never been a policy to openly target those who make gold (unless they are caught making profits off breaking the Terms of Service, in which point steps are taken based on the situation of what rule is being broken).

Wealthy Noob

8,425 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Shirlox
FishingKnight
I've bolded your post which I have to completely disagree with.

Gaia has no problems with people making gold, it's how users get items they want. Why would they openly target users who make gold? It would turn away users from even wanting to partake in the free-to-play aspect of the website. neutral

If people who make millions and billions of gold are targets, then why are there many with items worth a billion or more or even just hundreds of millions? Even before Flynn was introduced, this has never been a policy to openly target those who make gold (unless they are caught making profits off breaking the Terms of Service, in which point steps are taken based on the situation of what rule is being broken).

Understood,

My intention was not to make an individual feel like a target by Gaia per-say, This is more like a 'Patch' or 'Nerf' to balance out the situation this is causing or problems it may bring in the future of Alchemy and Fishing... I do not disagree with the decision made and i am behind it a hundred percent. 3nodding [Many will have other opinions on the situation]

Imagine if we let this go on for a few more months possibly years? This is what i was simply trying to say when i said 'Target'

Happy Thanks Giving
And
Best of Luck

FishingKnight.
Nooooooooo no no no no no no, you can make a TON of money fishing. Doesn't matter which of the three holes you fish. What it DOES depend on, is what you WANT.

Be sure to do your homework. For example, look up all the items you can make/get using fish from the various fishing holes - find out their average going price on the market right now. Then, look up what the fish cost to resell (back to Logan) to make the item. AND look up what their average is on the open marketplace. The trick is doing your research, and homework.

For example, sometimes it's cheaper to catch the fish yourself to turn into an item like a cap, fish helmet, etc. than buying it premade on the market.

MY suggestion? Get good at fishing. REALLY good. Catch the fish you need to get the items you want made from them, then KEEP fishing and hoard your catch.

I'd hang on to my guppies, etc. for the next 3-4 weeks before checking out the sale price on the marketplace. The more hoard you have, believe it or not, the more people WILL spend. Plus if needed you can use them in direct trades or if you're not into any of that you can trade them up.

X amount of "this" fish to get X amount of "that" fish.

Again, do your homework and do your math, it REALLY pays off.

My predictions for the next year? This is just me, mind you - but I'd hoard EVERYTHING from Bass'ken lake EXCEPT the bass. Those I'd keep, make items from, resell, etc.

Keep the guppies, catchfish, etc. and see what Gaia does. If they do nothing, direct trade or resell.

Hope this helps! xxx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces