Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has the guide been helpful to you/were you able to find what you were looking for?

Poll gold 0.25607268681624 25.6% [ 1381 ]
Yes 0.53180048210643 53.2% [ 2868 ]
No (feel free to post what/why) 0.013165214166512 1.3% [ 71 ]
I like turtles 0.13053958835528 13.1% [ 704 ]
Blue Bass 0.05840904876692 5.8% [ 315 ]
I have suggestions! (feel free to post) 0.010012979788615 1.0% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 5393 ]

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,900 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
So I've been carefully watching my fish count on my 'monthly activity' board, calculating how many bassken fish I need to be able to have 1/4 catches in bassken (so I can show up on the overall board)
But the 'monthly' board only shows fish, not junk. Does that mean that all the junk I've been catching this month is lurking in the shadows throwing off my fish count?

edit: first post on page 400! do I get a prize emotion_kirakira
(jk)

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,900 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
LloydReed23
Shirlox
LloydReed23
when does each fishing comp end???
i would like to earn my first trophy but i only have like 2 days free for fishing

Competitive fishing is 1 month long. When a new month begins at midnight of the first of that month, the competition restarts, and as soon as it's midnight at the end of the last day of the month, competing is over and wherever you're at on the boards is your final place and your trophy will be determined based upon how you placed there.

omg 1 month?? *crying*
i guess i will try 2 go for bronze then
what time zone is midnight determined by????

California time, PDT (I think that's what it's called) PST (PDT is used during the summer <<;;; )

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

LloydReed23
Shirlox
LloydReed23
when does each fishing comp end???
i would like to earn my first trophy but i only have like 2 days free for fishing

Competitive fishing is 1 month long. When a new month begins at midnight of the first of that month, the competition restarts, and as soon as it's midnight at the end of the last day of the month, competing is over and wherever you're at on the boards is your final place and your trophy will be determined based upon how you placed there.

omg 1 month?? *crying*
i guess i will try 2 go for bronze then
what time zone is midnight determined by????

The West coast where Gaia Headquarters is located, so PDT time. So if you live on the East coast, the contest starts and ends at 3am.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Dr Murdoc Faust Niccals
So I've been carefully watching my fish count on my 'monthly activity' board, calculating how many bassken fish I need to be able to have 1/4 catches in bassken (so I can show up on the overall board)
But the 'monthly' board only shows fish, not junk. Does that mean that all the junk I've been catching this month is lurking in the shadows throwing off my fish count?

edit: first post on page 400! do I get a prize emotion_kirakira
(jk)

Yes it does.

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
Gaidin

Gadin, I just wanted to say thank you for making this guide. I'm starting a huge multi-item quest, and if it wasn't for this guide I wouldn't have been able to start my quest, or have the information I needed pertaining fishing in general.
Thank you~!
I put up the banner to this thread in my quest thread as well :3
(the banner in my sig goes to my thread)

also just as a general note, Dr Murdoc Faust Niccals is my fishing mule
Hi guys and gals,

May I know where can I find out the swimming patterns of the rares of each lake (so that I do not filter them)? Thank you biggrin

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

fireddrone
Hi guys and gals,

May I know where can I find out the swimming patterns of the rares of each lake (so that I do not filter them)? Thank you biggrin

Each lake's rares move the same. So all rares in Bass'ken are the same movements to each other but they don't move the same as the other rares in the other lakes. The rares move at opposite speeds of difficulty to the lakes.

All Bass'ken rares move very fast, they're stronger than any striper or catfish.
All Port rares move around as fast as a trout, so if it feels like a trout but seems a bit off, then you could (very highly unlikely) have a rare.
All Durem rares move slow. They're close to a pebbo. From my own personal experience catching an emeraldback, it's movement reminded me somewhat of a brown pebbo but a bit off.
Shirlox

Each lake's rares move the same. So all rares in Bass'ken are the same movements to each other but they don't move the same as the other rares in the other lakes. The rares move at opposite speeds of difficulty to the lakes.

All Bass'ken rares move very fast, they're stronger than any striper or catfish.
All Port rares move around as fast as a trout, so if it feels like a trout but seems a bit off, then you could (very highly unlikely) have a rare.
All Durem rares move slow. They're close to a pebbo. From my own personal experience catching an emeraldback, it's movement reminded me somewhat of a brown pebbo but a bit off.

Thank you for the tip! =) Haha. So it means catching a rare from bassken would be more difficult than durem. sweatdrop

And does the lionbacks pull like junk just before they change direction?

Salty Fatcat

fireddrone
Shirlox

Thank you for the tip! =) Haha. So it means catching a rare from bassken would be more difficult than durem. sweatdrop

And does the lionbacks pull like junk just before they change direction?

I wouldn't say a rare from Bassken would be harder. In general fish in Durem move faster than any fish in Bassken. While Bassken rares might move faster than some Durem fish, the longer pull and speed of the Durem rares would make them harder. They just move slower in comparison to other Durem fish, crabs not included since those are a later addition to the lake. However if you are comfortable with the lake, you shouldn't have any problems.

When I caught my emmy, I'll be honest I didn't realize anything was off about it till I saw it in my bucket. And of course since I wasn't filtering I wasn't really paying attention to movement so I can't help you on the junk aspect.
Selna Fae

I wouldn't say a rare from Bassken would be harder. In general fish in Durem move faster than any fish in Bassken. While Bassken rares might move faster than some Durem fish, the longer pull and speed of the Durem rares would make them harder. They just move slower in comparison to other Durem fish, crabs not included since those are a later addition to the lake. However if you are comfortable with the lake, you shouldn't have any problems.

When I caught my emmy, I'll be honest I didn't realize anything was off about it till I saw it in my bucket. And of course since I wasn't filtering I wasn't really paying attention to movement so I can't help you on the junk aspect.

Alright, thanks. I guess it was a great surprise for you then smile Congratz.

Friendly Gaian

Shirlox
fireddrone
Hi guys and gals,

I don't agree. Between Candy Striper and Big Mouth Bass'terd, the first rare turned way faster than the second rare. I knew it was a Candy Striper because I never felt a fish moving that fast and strong. As for the Big Mouth Bass'terd, I'm a 100% sure that it wasn't as fast as Candy Striper. I was even surprised when I saw it in my bucket because I though it was a Tigerstripe Catfish.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

Wakatau
Shirlox
fireddrone
Hi guys and gals,

I don't agree. Between Candy Striper and Big Mouth Bass'terd, the first rare turned way faster than the second rare. I knew it was a Candy Striper because I never felt a fish moving that fast and strong. As for the Big Mouth Bass'terd, I'm a 100% sure that it wasn't as fast as Candy Striper. I was even surprised when I saw it in my bucket because I though it was a Tigerstripe Catfish.

The problem there being that the rare movement numbers ARE all the same, just like junk, for a given lake.

Friendly Gaian

Gaidin
Wakatau
Shirlox
fireddrone
Hi guys and gals,

The problem there being that the rare movement numbers ARE all the same, just like junk, for a given lake.

Everytime I catch a rare, I try to describe it. Are you saying that it's useless then?

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

Wakatau
Gaidin
Wakatau
Shirlox
fireddrone
Hi guys and gals,

Everytime I catch a rare, I try to describe it. Are you saying that it's useless then?

It's never useless to try to help others grasp how a rare moves, especially in cases like Gambino's rares where it's extremely similar to a Blue Seedkin/Warm Trout. However, the literal fish stats in terms of speed/aggressiveness are literally the same for each rare in a given lake, just like junk.

So really, at this point, it's more like "rares in [lake] move like this" as opposed to each rare having a distinct movement pattern.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff