Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has the guide been helpful to you/were you able to find what you were looking for?

Poll gold 0.25607268681624 25.6% [ 1381 ]
Yes 0.53180048210643 53.2% [ 2868 ]
No (feel free to post what/why) 0.013165214166512 1.3% [ 71 ]
I like turtles 0.13053958835528 13.1% [ 704 ]
Blue Bass 0.05840904876692 5.8% [ 315 ]
I have suggestions! (feel free to post) 0.010012979788615 1.0% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 5393 ]

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Your Neglected Sex Toy
Shirlox
Your Neglected Sex Toy
Hey guys, I've got another question(s ^^)! :3

Does anybody know what is the actual price of each Rare Fish? I'm mostly interested in Bassken's rares. The prices really seem to vary in the marketplace and I'm not sure what I should take as 'actual price' for a rare fish.
Not that I caught one, but I'm planning on going on a fish quest soon.
I mean, I'll buy 1000 A-Grade Baits and will fish until my baits run dry to see how much fish I caught after all.
I'm also planning on keeping all bass and stripers and then, if there is enough, maybe exchange them @ Logan's shop for the rares. (Cause I'm going to fish at Bassken Lake, will head to next areas when I get Angelic Rod [and I'm at 7k fish caught only...]).

Also, I know this may be somehow "off-topic" and not related to the guide, but am I allowed to post my fish quest thread in this forum? Or should I keep it in Charity/Quests forum? It's going to be strictly about the fish, no gold involved (well, I will sell all goldfish and guppies I'll catch, but that's when the 1000 baits are used XD).

Prices vary among buyers. Depends which bassken rare you're going to quest.

And if you're buying or trading fish in your thread and state you're going for a certain fish, you can post in the Game Item Exchange.

What if I'm going to achieve all three of them? Are you able to tell me how do the prices may vary? Let's say the Candy rare fish. Is it somewhere like 1m-1.5m? I know it depends on demand and such, but I'd like to know how much to sell it for if I ever get it in future, so no one rips me off, and so I'll be happy with the income. XD
Oh no, not buying or trading fish. Just a "quest" thread which will state how much fish I got and I would update it, it would be more of an information I'd like to keep somewhere. ^^
edit: And yes, I already do use Game Items Exchange forum to sell fish. pirate

General prices for bassken rares are:
Guppa: 1m - 1.2m
Bassterd: 1m - 1.2m
Candy: 2m - 2.5m

Prices vary.

And pretty much exactly what Cris said. If it's questing only then it's Charity/Quest subforum.

But a hint to help you quest, people like to sell to questers. If I were you, I'd make a buying thread and add that you're questing in the Game item exchange. You'll probably finish faster.

Thield's Boyfriend

Shameless Helper

31,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
Shirlox
General prices for bassken rares are:
Guppa: 1m - 1.2m
Bassterd: 1m - 1.2m
Candy: 2m - 2.5m

Prices vary.

And pretty much exactly what Cris said. If it's questing only then it's Charity/Quest subforum.

But a hint to help you quest, people like to sell to questers. If I were you, I'd make a buying thread and add that you're questing in the Game item exchange. You'll probably finish faster.
Shir, you're amazing, thanks for all the replies up til now! I'll certainly write down the prices somewhere in case not to lose the post. ♥
Well, I was thinking more of a totally non-buying quest, meaning that I'd try to fish as much fish as is needed to obtain the rares. After all, I think it wouldn't take that long to achieve a rare, if I find time for like 10 baits a day. ^^ I'm quite lucky with stripers and bass, I can say.

Marie-Cris
Charities / Quests would be the best place - aside from your journal - to keep that information, as you're questing fish. I'm doing much the same thing in my own quest thread ((though I haven't updated my stats in a while)).

As for the other questions ... I won't be able to help sweatdrop
You're amazing too, thanks for replying! :3 I will take your advice guys and open up a brand new, only fishing-related thread in Charity/Quests forum, once I'm done with the Laurels quests. cool
Let the fun begin... soon...
xd

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Your Neglected Sex Toy
Shir, you're amazing, thanks for all the replies up til now! I'll certainly write down the prices somewhere in case not to lose the post. ♥
Well, I was thinking more of a totally non-buying quest, meaning that I'd try to fish as much fish as is needed to obtain the rares. After all, I think it wouldn't take that long to achieve a rare, if I find time for like 10 baits a day. ^^ I'm quite lucky with stripers and bass, I can say.

Good luck then, 10,000 of each striper is quite the feat. I've only known one person who did what you're planning. Took him roughly around a year to do it and he was buying stripers too.

Thield's Boyfriend

Shameless Helper

31,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
Shirlox
Your Neglected Sex Toy

Good luck then, 10,000 of each striper is quite the feat. I've only known one person who did what you're planning. Took him roughly around a year to do it and he was buying stripers too.
Um, it's 1,000 only to get a rare. I'm not aiming for 10k of stripers, haha. Though that would be nice - 10 rares. biggrin I'm only aiming for one rare of each type, so I can feel like one of these people that ever had the chance to have them in their's inventory. ^^ So it's easier than 10k. [Well, I'm going to quest bass and stripers and then exchange bass for stripers and then -> rare, this way.]
But WOW, you know such a person that quested 10k of stripers? Holy moly. *bows*
Would take me years, cause year wouldn't be enough, since I have a lot of real life stuff to do. xd

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,900 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
random question, not sure if anyone has the answer really. Say you hook a rare fish, but you aren't able to catch it. Are the odds that you have another rare fish come up in another bucket higher than they were before, or do you still have the same odds of having a rare in your bucket that you did before.
example: say it took 2k buckets before I was able to hook a rare, but I wasn't able to catch the rare fish (there's no real way to be able to tell if I hooked a rare fish except the fact that it was harder to catch). Am I most likely going to have to wait another 2k buckets before hooking another rare, or do I have a higher chance of getting a rare bucket sooner than 2k buckets later?

I also wish there was some way to be able to track what fish you weren't able to catch. I'd love to know if I happened to hook a rare by chance and just didn't catch it, just for the knowledge that I had a chance (kinda like encouragement that I had a chance and will have one again and I'll work harder so I don't miss my chance next time! lol idk sweatdrop )

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Dr Murdoc Faust Niccals
random question, not sure if anyone has the answer really. Say you hook a rare fish, but you aren't able to catch it. Are the odds that you have another rare fish come up in another bucket higher than they were before, or do you still have the same odds of having a rare in your bucket that you did before.
example: say it took 2k buckets before I was able to hook a rare, but I wasn't able to catch the rare fish (there's no real way to be able to tell if I hooked a rare fish except the fact that it was harder to catch). Am I most likely going to have to wait another 2k buckets before hooking another rare, or do I have a higher chance of getting a rare bucket sooner than 2k buckets later?

I also wish there was some way to be able to track what fish you weren't able to catch. I'd love to know if I happened to hook a rare by chance and just didn't catch it, just for the knowledge that I had a chance (kinda like encouragement that I had a chance and will have one again and I'll work harder so I don't miss my chance next time! lol idk sweatdrop )

Rares will keep coming back in a "lucky" bucket. Once the bucket has been saved though, that lucky bucket is over and the rare is gone if you didnt catch it. It's a 1/5000 chance to get a lucky bucket but (I was told this but could be wrong) a rare only has a 25% chance of appearing in the lucky bucket .

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,900 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Shirlox
Dr Murdoc Faust Niccals

Rares will keep coming back in a "lucky" bucket. Once the bucket has been saved though, that lucky bucket is over and the rare is gone if you didnt catch it. It's a 1/5000 chance to get a lucky bucket but (I was told this but could be wrong) a rare only has a 25% chance of appearing in the lucky bucket .

Lucky Bucket. I knew there was a term for it, I had forgetten what it was called. Seems I need to reacquaint myself with fishing terms xD Well, hopefully I'll get one of those 'lucky buckets' one day. Thanks for the info~ ^^

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
Shirlox
Dr Murdoc Faust Niccals

You have a 25% chance of HOOKING it each cast. Not in it appearing in the bucket. ninja

Which is why most rares are caught in one of the first four slots. wink

Golden Demon

Gaidin
Alright, all done, welcome everyone smile
i dont know if this is anywhere near the right area to post this but i think they should make the fish in durem easyer to catch then they are cause its just rediculous Dx and they should have a auto save for the fishes so you dont have to put int he code at the end atleast make them more readable i cant read them half the time and mistake a r n for a m
casue they are so clusters plus if your browzer crashes or you lose power you lose all the fish you got and i think that is a shame that shouldnt happen it happened to me twice today it was quite sad

Counselor

23,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Thank you for this guide!

Wow, the Angelic Rod is available now? I didn't know! I remember when it leaked! I've had it in my wishlist since.

Party Partier

Do the points for each winner of every month count for the number of points and fish caught for THAT month only?

edit*

Also does the top winner of each month only have to fish once in Gambino and Bass'ken and get their point values from Durem for the remaining? how does the "overall" add up Is there a certain percentage they have to get their points from each fishing space to make it as "overall"??

And what are the likelihoods of ever catching a rare out of Bass'ken with Grade A bait?? For example: your chances of catching a shiny Pokemon are always 1 in 8192 steps at all times.

Lonely Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Millionaire 200
Zelirium
Do the points for each winner of every month count for the number of points and fish caught for THAT month only?

edit*

Also does the top winner of each month only have to fish once in Gambino and Bass'ken and get their point values from Durem for the remaining? how does the "overall" add up Is there a certain percentage they have to get their points from each fishing space to make it as "overall"??

And what are the likelihoods of ever catching a rare out of Bass'ken with Grade A bait?? For example: your chances of catching a shiny Pokemon are always 1 in 8192 steps at all times.

1) Yes, at the end of each month, your score is reset and the scoreboard is cleared.

2) At the top of the Scoreboard, you'll find this formula for placing in Overall:

"Your Performance Index is calculated by the consistency & quality of fish caught.
In order to qualify, at least 1/4 of your catches must be from Bass'ken Lake & 1/4 from Port of Gambino."

3) There is a 1/5000 chance that your bucket will be a "Lucky" bucket. With a lucky bucket, for each slot, you have a 25% of hooking a rare. Whether you reel it in is dependent upon your skill level.
when does each fishing comp end???
i would like to earn my first trophy but i only have like 2 days free for fishing

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

LloydReed23
i would like to earn my first trophy but i only have like 2 days free for fishing

Competitive fishing is 1 month long. When a new month begins at midnight of the first of that month, the competition restarts, and as soon as it's midnight at the end of the last day of the month, competing is over and wherever you're at on the boards is your final place and your trophy will be determined based upon how you placed there.
Shirlox
LloydReed23

Competitive fishing is 1 month long. When a new month begins at midnight of the first of that month, the competition restarts, and as soon as it's midnight at the end of the last day of the month, competing is over and wherever you're at on the boards is your final place and your trophy will be determined based upon how you placed there.

omg 1 month?? *crying*
i guess i will try 2 go for bronze then
what time zone is midnight determined by????

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff