Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has the guide been helpful to you/were you able to find what you were looking for?

Poll gold 0.25602521319985 25.6% [ 1381 ]
Yes 0.53188728216537 53.2% [ 2869 ]
No (feel free to post what/why) 0.013162773451984 1.3% [ 71 ]
I like turtles 0.13051538746756 13.1% [ 704 ]
Blue Bass 0.058398220244716 5.8% [ 315 ]
I have suggestions! (feel free to post) 0.010011123470523 1.0% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 5394 ]

Gambino Cultist

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
Cookiez999
I have a question. Is it better to save up fish and make a hat, and then sell it? Or would it be better just to sell huge amounts of fish that I catch?

It depends on the type of fish that you have. Sometimes the hat item is worth less than the fish it takes to make it and other times it can be the exact opposite. Just do your research before makIng any items.
Cookiez999
I have a question. Is it better to save up fish and make a hat, and then sell it? Or would it be better just to sell huge amounts of fish that I catch?

I'd say most of the time, just sell the fishes straight away instead of making it into a hat.
chances are, the hat would probably cost way lesser.

Feral Pumpkin

21,150 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Partygoer 500
Hi Gaidin,

I just noticed something in the fishing rod descriptions that makes me want to revisit a discussion in a thread a few months ago:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-fishing/fishing-tips-for-bass-ken-lake-please-tip-in-return/t.74565285_36/#36

I thought I should post here since I don't want to necro a dead thread. The discussion that took place was basically the assertion that there is no strength stat for fishing rods at all, the only stats that any rod possesses is casting distance and lines, and that anything that indicated that that fishing rods have any other stats was misleading and incorrect.

I went to sell a couple of rods today (not my own of course, just a couple I had spare) and noticed the description in the marketplace which is:

Basic Rod Plus Description
A basic wooden fishing rod upgraded for better strength, resistance and throw distance.

Performance Rod Plus Description
An all around performing rod. This rod has been upgraded for better strength, resistance and throw distance.

Strength Rod Plus Description
A heavy weight, inflexible rod designed for up close pulling battles. This rod has been upgraded for better strength, resistance and throw distance.

Distance Rod Plus Description
A slender, flexible rod built for distance casting. This rod has been upgraded for better strength, resistance and throw distance.

and last but most definitely not least:

Angelic Rod Plus Description
The god of all rods. This rod has been upgraded for better strength, resistance and throw distance.

The description for the Angelic Plus may well have been copypasted from the other descriptions, but as far as I remember I don't think the descriptions for the other four rods have been changed since fishing was first introduced. And when I think about it, from memory I recall there being 3 different stats that rods were purported to have. (Although I can't recall any particular place that this information came from, since it is a long, long time ago that I read such information.)

After the discussion (linked above) I know you changed the information in your guide to remove any suggestion that there was any such thing as a strength stat. You seem convinced that these other stats don't exist and never have, so I'm just wondering, now that I've read the descriptions, why it is you are convinced that they don't?

I'm hoping you can shed some further light on this issue, and if necessary bring to the attention of TPTB the misleading nature of these descriptions if you still think that this is not correct. (Since what is written on the plus rods is a lot more confusing and misleading than anything that was in your guide originally.)

Pro Fisher

11,975 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Lovers Fish 200
i have suggestion! i think it would mighty awesome if fishers could wear more than three trophies on their avvis! it would be so epic if ppl could wear up to 12 trophies! heheh an entire set! heheheh xd

**edited: oh and forgot to ask, is it possible to make the trophies much bigger in gaia houses, cuz they are reallly tiny! DX

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

chaos butterfly
Hi Gaidin,

I just noticed something in the fishing rod descriptions that makes me want to revisit a discussion in a thread a few months ago:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-fishing/fishing-tips-for-bass-ken-lake-please-tip-in-return/t.74565285_36/#36

I thought I should post here since I don't want to necro a dead thread. The discussion that took place was basically the assertion that there is no strength stat for fishing rods at all, the only stats that any rod possesses is casting distance and lines, and that anything that indicated that that fishing rods have any other stats was misleading and incorrect.

I went to sell a couple of rods today (not my own of course, just a couple I had spare) and noticed the description in the marketplace which is:

Basic Rod Plus Description
A basic wooden fishing rod upgraded for better strength, resistance and throw distance.

Performance Rod Plus Description
An all around performing rod. This rod has been upgraded for better strength, resistance and throw distance.

Strength Rod Plus Description
A heavy weight, inflexible rod designed for up close pulling battles. This rod has been upgraded for better strength, resistance and throw distance.

Distance Rod Plus Description
A slender, flexible rod built for distance casting. This rod has been upgraded for better strength, resistance and throw distance.

and last but most definitely not least:

Angelic Rod Plus Description
The god of all rods. This rod has been upgraded for better strength, resistance and throw distance.

The description for the Angelic Plus may well have been copypasted from the other descriptions, but as far as I remember I don't think the descriptions for the other four rods have been changed since fishing was first introduced. And when I think about it, from memory I recall there being 3 different stats that rods were purported to have. (Although I can't recall any particular place that this information came from, since it is a long, long time ago that I read such information.)

After the discussion (linked above) I know you changed the information in your guide to remove any suggestion that there was any such thing as a strength stat. You seem convinced that these other stats don't exist and never have, so I'm just wondering, now that I've read the descriptions, why it is you are convinced that they don't?

I'm hoping you can shed some further light on this issue, and if necessary bring to the attention of TPTB the misleading nature of these descriptions if you still think that this is not correct. (Since what is written on the plus rods is a lot more confusing and misleading than anything that was in your guide originally.)

You know, I completely forgot to reply to this. Sorry about that. I haven't worked under 50 hours a week in over a month (did 61 hours Halloween week), so I've been a bit lacking on time for here.

Frankly, I'm not sure why the descriptions are like they are. The only thing I could come up with is that generally, the artists do the item descriptions, and they rarely know the mechanics of things like the game's items. My assertion that there is no strength stat for rods, so to speak, comes from talking with people who have decompiled the game and looked at the mechanics for everything. From what I have on it, the "strength" of your pull is determined by how far your mouse is to one side or the other, and is not modified at all by any of the rods.

Realistically, it would take someone like Sigma to come in and truly confirm it, but I base my assertions on information that was posted regarding the game code and later removed. I saved it before it was removed. The basic idea was that all the elements of catching were set by roughly three things: The speed of the fish, the strength/aggressiveness of the fish, and how far to the side your mouse was. And really, that's about it in terms of why.

Gambino Cultist

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
Vathilia
i have suggestion! i think it would mighty awesome if fishers could wear more than three trophies on their avvis! it would be so epic if ppl could wear up to 12 trophies! heheh an entire set! heheheh xd

**edited: oh and forgot to ask, is it possible to make the trophies much bigger in gaia houses, cuz they are reallly tiny! DX

How about a trophy case item that can be made using driftwood? Allow it to hold an additional four or five without completely blocking your avitar.

Business Dabbler

10,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
zoidberger7
Vathilia

How about a trophy case item that can be made using driftwood? Allow it to hold an additional four or five without completely blocking your avitar.
That sounds good, but it would probably be fairly difficult to program.

Gambino Cultist

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
Multimorph
zoidberger7

I bet it would. I don't think it's even possible with Gaia's coding. It would be the first item on Gaia which would have poses based on other items that you own as far as I know.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

zoidberger7
Multimorph
zoidberger7

I bet it would. I don't think it's even possible with Gaia's coding. It would be the first item on Gaia which would have poses based on other items that you own as far as I know.

Long haired items can get new looks from using Sainte Ciel: Agape using the scissors pose.
Wild Armor was made to put on over the item Wild Beasts.

Witty Lunatic

Thank you so much for your extensive guide!

Gambino Cultist

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
Shirlox
zoidberger7
Multimorph
zoidberger7

Long haired items can get new looks from using Sainte Ciel: Agape using the scissors pose.
Wild Armor was made to put on over the item Wild Beasts.

Maybe it wouldn't be as difficult as I thought. It's just a matter of an artist and a code wrIter with the time to set it up.

Anxious Trash

17,025 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
is there going to be an update anytime in the future for rares on the new fish?

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

pooopsooop

None that we know off. emo

Anxious Trash

17,025 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Shirlox
pooopsooop

then emo is completely right

Lonely Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Millionaire 200
pooopsooop
Shirlox
pooopsooop

then emo is completely right

During Ask The Admin this week, I inquired about new rares.

II Lilium II
Uncle Kenny
II Lilium II
gaia_diamond

Good Evening Admins!

Are there any plans to add new Rare Fish to adjoin the "new" fish series? Thank you!

gaia_diamond

Currently, we don't plan on adding any new fish to the lakes. Who knows what could happen in the future though.

gaia_diamond

Okay and thank you for responding.

gaia_diamond

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out