Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has the guide been helpful to you/were you able to find what you were looking for?

Poll gold 0.25602521319985 25.6% [ 1381 ]
Yes 0.53188728216537 53.2% [ 2869 ]
No (feel free to post what/why) 0.013162773451984 1.3% [ 71 ]
I like turtles 0.13051538746756 13.1% [ 704 ]
Blue Bass 0.058398220244716 5.8% [ 315 ]
I have suggestions! (feel free to post) 0.010011123470523 1.0% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 5394 ]

Beloved Lunatic

14,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
I know you covered this somewhat with Sefyrion but I'm wondering what it would look like if you listed the fish in the order of "Difficulty to Catch".
It seems like some of the Gambino fish are easier to catch then the Larges of Baskin and so on.

Also, is it your advice to not jump to the next lake until you can consistently bring in the larges of the previous lake? I'm asking because I've been playing around at Gambino a bit after getting bored of bringing in almost everything in Baskin.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

GoatboyJ
I know you covered this somewhat with Sefyrion but I'm wondering what it would look like if you listed the fish in the order of "Difficulty to Catch".
It seems like some of the Gambino fish are easier to catch then the Larges of Baskin and so on.

Also, is it your advice to not jump to the next lake until you can consistently bring in the larges of the previous lake? I'm asking because I've been playing around at Gambino a bit after getting bored of bringing in almost everything in Baskin.

Junk move differently in all 3 lakes so it depends.

Difficulty would be (in my view):

Guppies/Goldfish
Seedkin/Balloonfish
Bass/Koi
Trout/Jellyfish
Striper/Catfish*
Tuna/Ironjaw*
Biters/Racer
Boldur/Hellfish*

Catfish/Ironjaw/Hellfish: These "new" large fish are harder than the "old" fish larges.

Your 2nd question is a great one. Yes, once you get bored/great at one lake, move on up. You won't be used to the new lake but you won't be failing completely at it, and then you'll get used to it eventually to move on again. Obviously this will only happen 2 times, the last place being Durem, the toughest place.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

GoatboyJ

It partially depends on what you find to be difficult, though an objective "difficulty" list could be arranged based on the movement numbers. For example, I wouldn't agree with Shirlox's list, as Gambino Mediums (Trout/Jelly) have "harder" movement numbers than all Striper and all but one Catfish, among other things. Outside of that though, different people struggle with different things. Some may think the Ironjaw/Boldur pull is the hardest thing to deal with. Some may thing the Racer speed is worse. Realistically I think most could agree that Hellfish are the hardest overall, but that's probably one of very few points you'd have everyone agreeing on (another being that Goldfish are the easiest).

It depends. If the idea is to "perfect your skill", then yes, that statement would be fairly true. However, if you're bored, then there's no reason not to jump up. No point in playing a game if it isn't fun, right? If you can manage to bring in Trout/Jellies at Gambino, then Bass'ken fish won't really be an issue for you anymore. In fact, most fishers find that after spending time in Gambino or Durem, Bass'ken gets boring because of how slow it feels. It often takes a handful of buckets exclusively back in Bass'ken to stop feeling like everything is moving in slow motion.

Beloved Lunatic

14,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Yeah I was starting to feel the same way about a lot of the fish. The larges are the hardest to catch but after a few buckets in Gambino and pulling in a few Med. I went back and the larges in Baskin are now feeling catch-able.

Well it wasn't that Baskin was feeling too easy, but more about catching a variety of fish.
I still have a lot of fun pulling in just about anything I hook in Baskin but the challenge of Gambino is fun sometimes too.
[quote-"Gaidin"]Can you exchange 1000 new large fish to rare fish? Like for example, 1000 catfish can be exchanged to a rare fish? or theres a different rare fish for the new ones?

Grumpy Feesh

Gerald Roy
Can you exchange 1000 new large fish to rare fish? Like for example, 1000 catfish can be exchanged to a rare fish? or theres a different rare fish for the new ones?

There are no new rares currently. The new large fish can only be exchanged for the items indicated on the first page of the guide. They cannot be exchanged for rares either.
Gaidin
Gerald Roy
Can you exchange 1000 new large fish to rare fish? Like for example, 1000 catfish can be exchanged to a rare fish? or theres a different rare fish for the new ones?

There are no new rares currently. The new large fish can only be exchanged for the items indicated on the first page of the guide. They cannot be exchanged for rares either.
ok... thanks a lot

Adorable Fairy

thx that's very helpful heart

Wench

Is there a timetable on updates? I'm aware that the new fish are relatively recent and thus there will be no large updates in the near future, but is there some sort of projected date in the future regarding a big update?

Grumpy Feesh

theluckyduckie
Is there a timetable on updates? I'm aware that the new fish are relatively recent and thus there will be no large updates in the near future, but is there some sort of projected date in the future regarding a big update?

Unfortunately not. Fishing came out at the end of 2004, at the end of November if memory serves. It got an update in terms of getting the 3rd color of the old fish in April of 2005. Then, a year later I believe, we got items for the 3rd color of the old fish. There wasn't another item update for the Fishing Exchange until December of 2010. So realistically, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any notable updates. We do keep asking for items for Driftwood (it is currently only used in Alchemy), but no word on that that I'm aware of. Plus, there is the whole needing to fix Alchemy thing going on, so they are probably more focused on that.

Romantic Humorist

13,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Can we do anything with Driftwood yet other than sell it?

Grumpy Feesh

T4NGO

Not in the Fishing Exchange. It is used in at least one Alchemy formula, but that's it's only use as of yet.

Romantic Humorist

13,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gaidin
T4NGO

Not in the Fishing Exchange. It is used in at least one Alchemy formula, but that's it's only use as of yet.

I'm only level 3 in alchemy I think. gonk
Just an idea I had rattling around in my head - the junk items (driftwood included) could be used to upgrade our fishing poles to a 3rd level.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff