Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has the guide been helpful to you/were you able to find what you were looking for?

Poll gold 0.25607268681624 25.6% [ 1381 ]
Yes 0.53180048210643 53.2% [ 2868 ]
No (feel free to post what/why) 0.013165214166512 1.3% [ 71 ]
I like turtles 0.13053958835528 13.1% [ 704 ]
Blue Bass 0.05840904876692 5.8% [ 315 ]
I have suggestions! (feel free to post) 0.010012979788615 1.0% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 5393 ]

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

immortal cookies
Hi Gaidin. Just wondering... what time does the leader-board for each month end at?

Midnight California time (which should be GMT -8). So for this month, tomorrow night at midnight pacific time.
Great guide, helped lots, thanks!
ninja

Mega Lunatic

Hey there Gaidin,

Ive always been wondering. Do you think there will ever be an option to trade in 1 medium for 10 small or 1 large for 10 medium anywhere in the future?

Thanks
Ivan

Grumpy Feesh

Ivan Gorbachev
Hey there Gaidin,

Ive always been wondering. Do you think there will ever be an option to trade in 1 medium for 10 small or 1 large for 10 medium anywhere in the future?

Thanks
Ivan

Not likely. The idea has been tossed around randomly pretty much as far back as I can remember (in the forums and stuff, not HQ that I'm aware of). Generally, the idea behind an exchange is that you are trading up, not trading down. As such, it wouldn't make overly much sense. In the case of alchemy it might be useful, given the demand for Bass'ken smalls, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Keep in mind that I'm not privy to any super secret type info, so it could happen. I just don't see it being likely with all that I've seen over the years in regards to Fishing.

Familiar Lunatic

In Aqua Exchange you still say:

" As of February 2nd, 2012, I'm only missing one marketplace listing link for the second set: Aquarium Knight Fish [lite]. When it is listed on the Marketplace I will update the link to work properly. "

Yet you've added the link since :3

Grumpy Feesh

gataka
In Aqua Exchange you still say:

" As of February 2nd, 2012, I'm only missing one marketplace listing link for the second set: Aquarium Knight Fish [lite]. When it is listed on the Marketplace I will update the link to work properly. "

Yet you've added the link since :3

Thanks. For some reason I thought I edited that already. Must have been the first post instead. I'll go fix that now.

Friendly Nerd

11,125 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hey Gaidin ^_^
I've loved your thread, was wondering if you got the pm I sent you awhile back?

Alexilly's Rival

Fluffy Warlord

Hello Gaidin :3

Thank you very much for the information in the first post, I'm a new fisher so it helped me a lot ^w^
and I want to ask about the angelic rod. Is it true that I can only qualify if I joined gaia on 2010 or earlier?

Grumpy Feesh

Candii Nomii
Hey Gaidin ^_^
I've loved your thread, was wondering if you got the pm I sent you awhile back?

Yeah, but I must have deleted it in my inbox cleaning that I recently did. I'll send you one after this post. Sorry about not getting back to you yet.

cluelesscreature
Hello Gaidin :3

Thank you very much for the information in the first post, I'm a new fisher so it helped me a lot ^w^
and I want to ask about the angelic rod. Is it true that I can only qualify if I joined gaia on 2010 or earlier?

You're quite welcome. As for your question, no, it's not true. You can still get the Angelic Rod if you joined today even. You just have to catch 75,000 fish/junk and it should be granted when the script runs next. From what I've most recently seen, the script is running on Saturday at midnight Pacific time.

Alexilly's Rival

Fluffy Warlord

Gaidin
You're quite welcome. As for your question, no, it's not true. You can still get the Angelic Rod if you joined today even. You just have to catch 75,000 fish/junk and it should be granted when the script runs next. From what I've most recently seen, the script is running on Saturday at midnight Pacific time.

That's a huge relief! I was afraid I'd have to pile up more than 10 million gold for it... crying
Thanks again for the info! 4laugh

Mega Lunatic

Hey there gaidin,

I was wondering if there would be a chance to possibly update where to purchase the items that you need to make the fishing items. For some reason when i try and look in the marketplace some of the items do not show up.

Thanks
Ivan~!

EDIT: Also, it seems that there are no server's anymore in any of the lakes, and people are having trouble joining or creating rooms. Any ideas?

Thanks
Ivan~!
thanks, never knew about trading in fish for aquarium fish
hi Gaidin, this might be a silly qeustion;
Does A BAIT ever degrade to lower levels? I happened to experience this. after i used A bait to fish, for about the 15th bucket of the day, i started only getting trash and small fish. should i lay off the fishing for a day or so?

Grumpy Feesh

Ivan Gorbachev
Hey there gaidin,

I was wondering if there would be a chance to possibly update where to purchase the items that you need to make the fishing items. For some reason when i try and look in the marketplace some of the items do not show up.

Thanks
Ivan~!

EDIT: Also, it seems that there are no server's anymore in any of the lakes, and people are having trouble joining or creating rooms. Any ideas?

Thanks
Ivan~!

Oops, sorry. Thought I replied to this, but I didn't it seems.

Unfortunately, it's not very likely. Many exchange items require multiple gold shop items, so listing the location would get messy. Linking all of these things would likely surpass the character limit and severely limit me in any future updates. I know that for some reason the actual names don't always bring up a result, so try to use a couple words instead.

Dsentry
hi Gaidin, this might be a silly qeustion;
Does A BAIT ever degrade to lower levels? I happened to experience this. after i used A bait to fish, for about the 15th bucket of the day, i started only getting trash and small fish. should i lay off the fishing for a day or so?

It doesn't actually degrade any further than what the package says. You can get pretty crappy luck though. I find that I can have such buckets where I have to filter out some 30-40 small fish and pieces of junk just to get 3 or more larges in a bucket.

Aya und Wolf's Husband

Abomination

I don't have a question or anything.
I would just like to say that this is an incredibal guide, and has helped me greatly.

So, thank you, for doing this for the Gaia community.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff