Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has the guide been helpful to you/were you able to find what you were looking for?

Poll gold 0.25612017804154 25.6% [ 1381 ]
Yes 0.53171364985163 53.2% [ 2867 ]
No (feel free to post what/why) 0.01316765578635 1.3% [ 71 ]
I like turtles 0.13056379821958 13.1% [ 704 ]
Blue Bass 0.058419881305638 5.8% [ 315 ]
I have suggestions! (feel free to post) 0.010014836795252 1.0% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 5392 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 431 432 433 > >> >>> »|

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Hello all, and welcome to my not so small scale fishing guide. It has progressed from what it once was, and I'm hoping to build upon it even more so that anyone who reads this will have the necessary info for not only starting out on Gaia Fishing, but to be able to take the extra step and help them get better and form strategies as well.

User Image

4-21-16
Fishing is back up! Rather, you are able to save again. As of May 4th, 2016, the captcha will work with any input, but it works. Fish save, stats seem to be saving, and since you don't have to read a garbled captcha, it isn't so painful. If you encounter any notable bugs, it has been asked that you pose in this thread

Past Announcements:

2/2/12
As of January 27th, the Fishing Exchange was updated with ways to create new Aquarium Fish [lite]'s. Each of these fish look exactly the same as the old ones that came from Phin Phang for cash, but have "[lite]" tacked onto their name. There are a few that straight up make the actual aquarium fish it seems as well. Any with the [lite] tag have a 1 month lifespan that we can see thus far, and drop little or no gold in Booty Grab. The official anouncement for this can be found here.

The info is all on the first page, though some of the exchanges were changed last-minute before they announced this. The guide is already updated to reflect the exchanges that were removed or updated. As of this edit, I am only missing the marketplace link for the Aquarium Knight Fish [lite]. Once I see that it's been listed, I will have that edited into the guide. Otherwise, the information should be accurate and complete. Any other lite Aquarium fish you see on the vend come from another source, such as Daily Chance or Dumpster Dive.

If you encounter any issues with the Fishing Exchange, specifically in regards to these new exchanges, please post here.

12/15/2010
The update is here!

Finally, after years of waiting and asking for Fishing to get attention, we have an update. This update has new fish of every size in every lake (So we have twice the number of fish to catch except rares). It also includes a new piece of junk.

Along with this comes a host of new items whose number totals even higher than our total currently existing set of items!

As per the poll results, I've highlighted both the new fish and items in the guide, but this time both in blue. The new fish and items are both in the guide here on the front page and also taking up a few posts starting here in case you just want to see what the new stuff is.

Just as a heads up, most of the new species of fish are a little more fiesty in some respect than the ones we're used to with the exception of the goldfish, so keep a good grip on your rods out there.

Regarding the exchange, there have also been some changes there, though only to the new items. Many items now require other things for the creation of an item besides fish. I think Logan has been studying up on alchemy or something. Because of this, you'll want to check the guide carefully because currently items only show up when you have everything you need, which means that even if you have a lot of fish chances are that few if any items will show up at first check. Hopefully Gaia can change things a bit to be like the zOMG exchange in that we can see what we need before we already have it, but that's probably an update for another time.

Additionally, exchange items now have sellback! This means both new and old items can now be sold back via your inventory instead of forcing you to sell them on the vend or via trades. This was actually fixed for older items on December 3rd, but I'm including it in this update because it's part of it, just a part that got out early.

Unfortunately, while updating I found that putting all of the existing items as of this update into one post exceeds the allotted character limit. Because of this I've broken the items up into 3 posts, removing the TF Explains post that never came about and the reserved post. This update brings a lot of things to the table that will make for changes in the guide for weeks to come.

For a simpler list of what is part of the update in some way:
- 27 new fish (3 new small, medium, and large fish in each lake)
- 97 new items, including new items for rares (100 if you count aquarium fish)
- Rares can now be made from 1,000 large fish
- The debut of the Angelic Rod (coming with site wide announcement)
- New system of exchanging which includes non-fish items
- Sellback for all items not made with rares (Implemented Dec 3rd)
- New Fishing page (coming with site wide announcement)

User Image

Unfortunately, due to my responsibilities having changed, I've not had time to fish as much as I used to. This keeps me a bit out of the loop to all of the currently changing issues with the game. As such, this section won't cover all of the issues, just a small number of long lasting, significant ones. For a more specific list, with workarounds, check out this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If any errors you are experiencing are not on this list, feel free to reply to let me know so I can add it here ^_^

Post 1: Introduction
>>>You are here<<<
Post 2: Getting Started
Post 3: The Fish
Post 4: Fishing Hats/Junk Items - Bass'ken
Post 5: Fishing Hats/Junk Items - Gambino
Post 6: Fishing Hats/Junk Items - Durem and Junk
Post 7: The Fish Exchange
Post 8: Aquarium Fish Exchange
Post 9: Bait and Rods
Post 10: Bass'ken Lake
Post 11: Port of Gambino
Post 12: Durem Reclamation Facility
Post 13: The Scoreboard Explained
Post 14: FAQs
Post 15: Links & Credits

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 2: Getting Started >>>You are here<<<

So, you are new to Gaia, or maybe just to Gaia Fishing, and you want to know what to do. Normally I would point you to the Fishing Ubersticky, but this is a guide, and I want all of the necessary information to be here, in one place.

The first thing you need to do is head on over to the Ole Fishing Hole and pick up a rod and some bait. If you are on a very small budget, like the one you get upon joining Gaia, I suggest the Basic Fishing Rod. If you have more to throw around, I suggest checking the price(s) of the rod(s) you have your eyes on and then venture over to the Marketplace to see if you can find one cheaper, as likely the case will be. I would recommend a normal Strength Rod if one does not like the Basic, or can afford a bit better if you are starting out.

Next, you need bait. I suggest going with F bait, since it is cheap and you can practice with it without losing much, if any, gold. Just buy 4 or 5 F bait for now, and 3 D bait if possible.

Then, you head to a fishing spot, I would say Bass'ken Lake. It is here that the speed and strength of the fish/junk are at the lowest Gaia has to offer. Here you can just try things out to get a feel for it.

Hover your mouse over the map, and click the fishing icon that will show up in the middle of the water. A window will pop up, load and give you a list of mulitplayer rooms. For now less distraction is best, so click the button labeled "create" at the bottom of the blue box with the listing. You will then be presented with a bubble. Click the button with a lock on it, then give your room a name, and a password. Once you have done so, it will take you to your fishing room, password protected and all.

When that loads, you will be asked to choose a bait, choose F. Since this should be your first time fishing, or at least your first time in well over 12 hours, your bait should be acting like A bait.

Click within the scenery of the fishing window to start your cast. Time the little bar moving below and click again to stop it. If done right, you can cast the max length for that rod. Doing this takes little practice, but you won't be a master at it on your first cast(Or at least the odds of it are low).

Then, wait for your hook. If you don't hook anything, cast again, further if you can.

When you get a bite, you will be warned, and the fish/junk will begin to move. You move your mouse in the opposite direction to keep it within the red lines of your rod(This is where upgraded rods help a lot). The further you move your mouse over, the harder you pull, so adjust yourself accordingly.

And that is basically it, once you haul the fish/junk in. From there it is lather, rinse, repeat. All that you need to know from here in this section is that when you get to your third bait, choose D for that bucket and the two following. That would provide you with a higher quality of bait for your first buckets.

Again, the Fishing Ubersticky has this same information, just a bit more detailed, and with pictures as well. I definetly recommend reading it before you start fishing 3nodding

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 3: The Fish >>>You are here<<<

There are, as of this moment, 63 different "fish", and 4 kinds of junk. Granted most of these are just different colors of their counterparts, but that makes a lot of different little critters that you can hook.

Below is the complete listing of the fish, where they can be caught, their sellback price, the item(s) you can make with enough of them, and what times of day you can catch them. The newest fish are highlighted in blue.

You may notice that there are 4 classifications of fish: Small, Medium, Large, and Rare.

Small: Guppies, Goldfish, Seedkin, Balloonfish, Pebbo Feeders, and Mutant Crabs. These fish are the cannon fodder of the fishing spots. The lakes spew these fish out in hordes, and it can get pretty annoying. Especially if you consider the fact that they can be hooked at 25 ft or further, so everywhere is game. But on the bright side they are easy to haul in, and good to practice with when first starting out. They are the basis for every bucket unless you are very advanced.

Medium: Bass, Koi, Trout, Jellyfish, Biters, and Racerfish. These fish appear less frequently than the small fish, but are not hard to find if you use any rod that can cast a decent distance. These fish are normally a small step up from the small fish, taking a little more effort to pull in. They also require a further cast, only being hooked at 45 ft or further. But they also bring a greater gold reward and higher point count as well.

Large: Striper, Catfish, Tuna, Ironjaws, Boldurs, and Hellfish. These fish are pretty much the cream of the crop. Normally the fastest, and always the strongest fish in the lake, you usually need some skill or a Plus Rod to pull one of these suckers in. It doesn't help that they can only be caught at 65 ft or above, but most consider them worth it. They give even more reward gold and point wise, but make much less appearances even with better bait.

Rare: The Punfish, The 'Inos, and the Gembacks. The most sought after fish in all of Gaia. It is said that the odds of hooking one is 1 in 5,000. Not only that, but they require that you use D or A level bait to hook them. Then reeling them in is another story. They seem to vary in difficulty and speed, which I will cover at some point in the guide.

Junk: Cans, Boots, Tires and Driftwood. No, these are not fish, but you can catch them. Unlike the fish, these are available at any fishing spot, though the movements are different at each place. These can sell for varying prices, with cans being the most profitable, but don't do much for your fishing score.

User Image

Small Fish

User Image
Fish Name: Orange Guppy
Fish Location: Bass'ken Lake
Fish Sellback Price: 3 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Orange Guppy Cap, 3x Orange Guppy Helm, 3x Yellow Guppy Helm, Orange Guppy Heels, Orange Guppy Scarf, Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood
Time of Day Available: All times

User Image
Fish Name: Yellow Guppy
Fish Item(s) Available: Yellow Guppy Cap, 3x Yellow Guppy Helm, 3x Orange Guppy Helm, Yellow Guppy Heels, Yellow Guppy Scarf, Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood, Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood

User Image
Fish Name: Red Guppy
Fish Item(s) Available: Red Guppy Cap, 3x Red Guppy Helm, 3x Orange Guppy Helm, Red Guppy Heels, Red Guppy Scarf, Red Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood, Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood

User Image
Fish Name: Red Bubble-Eye Goldfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Red Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hat, Red Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood

User Image
Fish Name: Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hat, Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood

User Image
Fish Name: Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hat, Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood

Medium Fish
User Image
Fish Name: Green Bass
Fish Sellback Price: 8 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Green Bass Helm, Catfish Whiskers, Food Chain Blue Striper-Bass-Guppy, Green Bass Slippers
Time of Day Available: All Times

User Image
Fish Name: Brown Bass
Fish Item(s) Available: Brown Bass Helm, Catfish Whiskers, Food Chain Silver Striper-Bass-Guppy, Brown Bass Slippers

User Image
Fish Name: Blue Bass
Fish Item(s) Available: Blue Bass Helm, Catfish Whiskers, Food Chain Green Striper-Bass-Guppy, Blue Bass Slippers

User Image
Fish Name: Kohaku Koi
Fish Item(s) Available: Kohaku Koi Cape

User Image
Fish Name: Ochiba Koi
Fish Item(s) Available: Ochiba Koi Cape

User Image
Fish Name: Yamabuki Koi
Fish Item(s) Available: Yamabuki Koi Cape

Large Fish
User Image
Fish Name: Blue Striper
Fish Sellback Price: 13 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Blue Striper Helmet, Blue Fish Eyes, Food Chain Blue Striper-Bass-Guppy, Blue Striper Tie, Blue Striper Vest

User Image
Fish Name: Gray Striper
Fish Item(s) Available: Gray Striper Helmet, Brown Fish Eyes, Food Chain Silver Striper-Bass-Guppy, Gray Striper Tie, Gray Striper Vest

User Image
Fish Name: Green Striper
Fish Item(s) Available: Green Striper Helmet, Green Fish Eyes, Food Chain Green Striper-Bass-Guppy, Green Striper Tie, Green Striper Vest

User Image
Fish Name: Russian Catfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Russian Catfish Ears and Whiskers

User Image
Fish Name: Tigerstripe Catfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Tigerstripe Catfish Ears and Whiskers

User Image
Fish Name: Witchling Catfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Witchling Catfish Ears and Whiskers

Rare Fish
User Image
Fish Name: Mutha Guppa
Fish Sellback Price: 1,000 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Mutha Guppa Mask, Mutha Guppa Armored Arm
Time of Day Available: Day

User Image
Fish Name: Big Mouth Bass'terd
Fish Item(s) Available: Big Mouth Bass'terd Mask, Big Mouth Bass'terd Belt
Time of Day Available: Night

User Image
Fish Name: Candy Striper
Fish Item(s) Available: Candy Striper Mask, Candy Striper Candy Crown
Time of Day Available: Dawn/Dusk

User Image

Small Fish
User Image
Fish Name: Blue Seedkin
Fish Location: Port of Gambino
Fish Sellback Price: 7 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Blue Seedkin Cap, Dark Head Fins, Blue Seedkin Messenger Bag

User Image
Fish Name: Green Seedkin
Fish Item(s) Available: Green Seedkin Cap, Green Head Fins, Green Seedkin Messenger Bag

User Image
Fish Name: Pink Seedkin
Fish Item(s) Available: Pink Seedkin Cap, Pale Head Fins, Pink Seedkin Messenger Bag

User Image
Fish Name: Berry Balloonfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Berry Balloonfish Bubble Bao

User Image
Fish Name: Peach Balloonfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Peach Balloonfish Bubble Bao

User Image
Fish Name: Bubblegum Balloonfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Bubblegum Balloonfish Bubble Bao

Medium Fish
User Image
Fish Name: Cool Rainbow Trout
Fish Sellback Price: 12 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Cool Rainbow Helm, Cool Rainbow Trout Bow, Cool Rainbow Trout Monokini, Cool Rainbow Trout Cape

User Image
Fish Name: Warm Rainbow Trout
Fish Item(s) Available: Warm Rainbow Helm, Warm Rainbow Trout Bow, Warm Rainbow Trout Monokini, Warm Rainbow Trout Cape

User Image
Fish Name: Frozen Rainbow Trout
Fish Item(s) Available: Frozen Rainbow Helm, Frozen Rainbow Trout Bow, Frozen Rainbow Trout Monokini, Frozen Rainbow Trout Cape

User Image
Fish Name: Acidic Jelly
Fish Item(s) Available: Acidic Jelly Swarm

User Image
Fish Name: Electric Jelly
Fish Item(s) Available: Electric Jelly Swarm

User Image
Fish Name: Sulfuric Jelly
Fish Item(s) Available: Sulfuric Jelly Swarm

Large Fish
User Image
Fish Name: Icy Tuna
Fish Sellback Price: 17 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Icy Tuna Helmet, Dorsal Fin, Icy Tuna Nigiri, Icy Tuna Nigiri Hairclip, Icy Tuna Hat

User Image
Fish Name: Spicy Tuna
Fish Item(s) Available: Spicy Tuna Helmet, Dorsal Fin, Spicy Tuna Nigiri, Spicy Tuna Nigiri Hairclip, Spicy Tuna Hat

User Image
Fish Name: Dicy Tuna
Fish Item(s) Available: Dicy Tuna Helmet, Dorsal Fin, Dicy Tuna Nigiri, Dicy Tuna Nigiri Hairclip, Dicy Tuna Hat

User Image
Fish Name: Blood Ironjaw
Fish Item(s) Available: Blood Ironjaws

User Image
Fish Name: Hematite Ironjaw
Fish Item(s) Available: Hematite Ironjaws

User Image
Fish Name: Titanium Ironjaw
Fish Item(s) Available: Titanium Ironjaws

Rare Fish
User Image
Fish Name: Buckin' Bino
Fish Sellback Price: 1,250 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Buckin' Bino Mask, Spear of the Bino

User Image
Fish Name: Tootin' Tino
Fish Item(s) Available: Tootin' Tino Mask, Spear of the Tino

User Image
Fish Name: Chargin' Chino
Fish Item(s) Available: Chargin' Chino Mask, Spear of the Chino

User Image

Small Fish
User Image
Fish Name: White Pebbo Feeder
Fish Location: Durem Reclamation Facility
Fish Sellback Price: 11 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: White Pebbo Cap, Gills, 4x Bluestone Helm, White Pebbo Fishing Vest, White Pebbo Fishbone Sweater

User Image
Fish Name: Brown Pebbo Feeder
Fish Item(s) Available: Brown Pebbo Cap, Gills, 4x Blackrocque Helm, Brown Pebbo Fishing Vest, Brown Pebbo Fishbone Sweater

User Image
Fish Name: Black Pebbo Feeder
Fish Item(s) Available: Black Pebbo Cap, Gills, 4x Pyrite Helm, Black Pebbo Fishing Vest, Black Pebbo Fishbone Sweater

User Image
Fish Name: Moss Mutant Crab
Fish Item(s) Available: Mossy Mutant Crab Arm

User Image
Fish Name: Rusted Mutant Crab
Fish Item(s) Available: Rusted Mutant Crab Arm

User Image
Fish Name: Slate Mutant Crab
Fish Item(s) Available: Slate Mutant Crab Arm

Medium Fish
User Image
Fish Name: Black Rocque Biter
Fish Sellback Price: 16 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Black Rocque Helm, Sharp Fish Teeth, 4x Blackrocque Helm, Black Rocque Biter Gloves, Black Rocque Biter Blade

User Image
Fish Name: Bluestone Biter
Fish Item(s) Available: Blue Stone Helm, Sharp Fish Teeth, 4x Bluestone Helm, Bluestone Biter Gloves, Bluestone Biter Blade

User Image
Fish Name: Pyrite Biter
Fish Item(s) Available: Pyrite Helm, Sharp Fish Teeth, 4x Pyrite Helm, Pyrite Biter Gloves, Pyrite Biter Blade

User Image
Fish Name: By-An-Inch Racerfish
Fish Item(s) Available: By-An-Inch Racer Goggles

User Image
Fish Name: By-A-Mile Racerfish
Fish Item(s) Available: By-A-Mile Racer Goggles

User Image
Fish Name: Ten-Second Racerfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Ten-Second Racer Goggles

Large Fish
User Image
Fish Name: Stone Boldur
Fish Sellback Price: 21 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Stone Boldur Helmet, 4x Bluestone Helm, Stone Boldur Chestplate

User Image
Fish Name: Sand Boldur
Fish Item(s) Available: Sand Boldur Helmet, 4x Blackrocque Helm, Sand Boldur Chestplate

User Image
Fish Name: Slate Boldur
Fish Item(s) Available: Slate Boldur Helmet, 4x Pyrite Helm, Slate Boldur Chestplate

User Image
Fish Name: Firemane Hellfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Firemane Hellfish Helm, Firemane Hellfish Greaves

User Image
Fish Name: Ethermane Hellfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Ethermane Hellfish Helm, Ethermane Hellfish Greaves

User Image
Fish Name: Ectomane Hellfish
Fish Item(s) Available: Ectomane Hellfish Helm, Ectomane Hellfish Greaves

Rare Fish
User Image
Fish Name: Diamondback Lion
Fish Sellback Price: 1,500 gold
Fish Item(s) Available: Diamondback Lion Mask, Diamondback Lion Belt, Diamondback Lion Fins

User Image
Fish Name: Emeraldback Lion
Fish Item(s) Available: Emeraldback Lion Mask, Emeraldback Lion Belt, Emeraldback Lion Fins

User Image
Fish Name: Rubyback Lion
Fish Item(s) Available: Rubyback Lion Mask, Rubyback Lion Belt, Rubyback Lion Fins

User Image

User Image
Junk Name: Old Can
Junk Location(s): All fishing spots
Junk Sellback Price: 1 gold
Junk Item(s) Available: Tin Hat

User Image
Junk Name: Old Boot
Junk Sellback Price: 2 gold
Junk Item(s) Available: Patchwork Boots

User Image
Junk Name: Big Old Tire
Junk Sellback Price: 3 gold
Junk Item(s) Available: Tire on my Head, Tire Tread Boots

User Image
Junk Name: Driftwood
Junk Sellback Price: 4 gold
Junk Item(s) Available: To Be Determined

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 4: Fishing Hats/Junk Items - Bass'ken >>>You are here<<<

Alright, so you want to know what you can do with your fish when you catch them right? Otherwise, what's the point? Well, you can do basically two things. Sell them(In the Marketplace or in your inventory) or exchange them in for fishing hats or junk items.

If you want to go the way of the hats, this post is what you want to read. You may also want to check out this thread: The Fish Exchange: How to Get Nifty Hats and Other Stuff. It has models for all of the hats released prior to December 2010, to show what they actually look like equipped. Alternately, you can try the marketplace preview.

To obtain a hat listed below, you enter the Ole Fishing Hole, and click on the text to the left that says "Exchange Fish". You will then see a list of fish hats or other items that you can create. If the icon for the item you desire to make into a hat is not there, then you do not have the correct amount of fish and/or items.

User Image

User Image
Hat Name: 3x Orange Guppy Helm
Hat Sellback: 150 gold
How many fish to trade: 35 Red Guppies + 15 Yellow Guppies

User Image
Hat Name: 3x Yellow Guppy Helm
How many fish to trade: 35 Yellow Guppies + 15 Orange Guppies

User Image
Hat Name: 3x Red Guppy Helm
How many fish to trade: 35 Orange Guppies + 15 Red Guppies

User Image
Hat Name: Orange Guppy Cap
Hat Sellback: 300 gold
How many fish to trade: 100 Orange Guppies

User Image
Hat Name: Yellow Guppy Cap
How many fish to trade: 100 Yellow Guppies

User Image
Hat Name: Red Guppy Cap
How many fish to trade: 100 Red Guppies

User Image
Item Name: Orange Guppy Heels
Item Sellback: 3,600 gold
How many fish to trade:
200 Orange Guppies + 1 Audrey's White Strap Heels + 1 Spectrum Painter's Palette

User Image
Item Name: Yellow Guppy Heels
How many fish to trade:
200 Yellow Guppies + 1 Audrey's White Strap Heels + 1 Spectrum Painter's Palette

User Image
Item Name: Red Guppy Heels
How many fish to trade:
200 Red Guppies + 1 Audrey's White Strap Heels + 1 Spectrum Painter's Palette

User Image
Item Name: Orange Guppy Scarf
Item Sellback: 2,700 gold
How many fish to trade:
300 Orange Guppies + 10 White Yarn & needles

User Image
Item Name: Yellow Guppy Scarf
How many fish to trade:
300 Yellow Guppies + 10 White Yarn & needles

User Image
Item Name: Red Guppy Scarf
How many fish to trade:
300 Red Guppies + 10 White Yarn & needles

User Image
Item Name: Red Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hat
Item Sellback: 2,100 gold
How many fish to trade:
300 Red Bubble-Eye Goldfish + 10 Calico Goldfish in a Bag

User Image
Item Name: Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hat
How many fish to trade:
300 Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish + 10 Goldfish in a Bag

User Image
Item Name: Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hat
How many fish to trade:
300 Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish + 10 Black Goldfish in a Bag

User Image
Item Name: Red Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood
Item Sellback: 5,220 gold
How many fish to trade:
300 Red Bubble-Eye Goldfish + 100 Red Guppy + 50 Orange Guppy + 50 Yellow Guppy + 1 8D Face Red Hoodie

User Image
Item Name: Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood
How many fish to trade:
300 Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish + 100 Orange Guppy + 50 Yellow Guppy + 50 Red Guppy + 1 8D Face Yellow Hoodie

User Image
Item Name: Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish Hood
How many fish to trade:
300 Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish + 100 Yellow Guppy + 50 Orange Guppy + 50 Red Guppy + 1 8D Face Black Hoodie

User Image
Item Name: Catfish Whiskers
Item Sellback: 200 gold
How many fish to trade: 25 Bass(Any combination of colors will do)

User Image
Hat Name: Green Bass Helm
Hat Sellback: 800 gold
How many fish to trade: 100 Green Bass

User Image
Hat Name: Brown Bass Helm
How many fish to trade: 100 Brown Bass

User Image
Hat Name: Blue Bass Helm
How many fish to trade: 100 Blue Bass

User Image
Item Name: Green Bass Slippers
Item Sellback: 6,917 gold
How many fish to trade:
300 Green Bass + 10 Basic Wood Hammers + 1 Jade Peasant Booties - M

User Image
Item Name: Brown Bass Slippers
How many fish to trade:
300 Brown Bass + 10 Basic Wood Hammers + 1 Tan Peasant Booties - M

User Image
Item Name: Blue Bass Slippers
How many fish to trade:
300 Blue Bass + 10 Basic Wood Hammers + 1 Gray Peasant Booties - M

User Image
Item Name: Kohaku Koi Cape
Item Sellback: 7,800 gold
How many fish to trade:
150 Kohaku Koi + 1 Red Peony Obi + 1 Ribbon Luv Sleeves White

User Image
Item Name: Ochiba Koi Cape
How many fish to trade:
150 Ochiba Koi + 1 Soft Sunshine Obi + 1 Ribbon Luv Sleeves Blue

User Image
Item Name: Yamabuki Koi Cape
How many fish to trade:
150 Yamabuki Koi + 1 Deep Shadow Obi + 1 Ribbon Luv Sleeves Gold

User Image
Item Name: Blue Fish Eyes
Item Sellback: 325 gold
How many fish to trade: 25 Blue Striper

User Image
Item Name: Brown Fish Eyes
How many fish to trade: 25 Gray Striper

User Image
Item Name: Green Fish Eyes
How many fish to trade: 25 Green Striper

User Image
Hat Name: Food Chain Blue Striper-Bass-Guppy
Hat Sellback: 285 gold
How many fish to trade: 25 Yellow Guppies + 10 Green Bass + 10 Blue Striper

User Image
Hat Name: Food Chain Silver Striper-Bass-Guppy
How many fish to trade: 25 Orange Guppies + 10 Brown Bass + 10 Gray Striper

User Image
Hat Name: Food Chain Green Striper-Bass-Guppy
How many fish to trade: 25 Red Guppies + 10 Blue Bass + 10 Green Striper

User Image
Hat Name: Blue Striper Helmet
Hat Sellback: 1,300 gold
How many fish to trade: 100 Blue Striper

User Image
Hat Name: Gray Striper Helmet
How many fish to trade: 100 Gray Striper

User Image
Hat Name: Green Striper Helmet
How many fish to trade: 100 Green Striper

User Image
Item Name: Blue Striper Tie
Item Sellback: 3,507 gold
How many fish to trade:
200 Blue Striper + 1 Baby Blue Soap on a Rope + 1 1 Mini BBQ Grill + 1 Anvil on the Head

User Image
Item Name: Gray Striper Tie
How many fish to trade:
200 Gray Striper + 1 Midnight Black Soap on a Rope + 1 Mini BBQ Grill + 1 Anvil on the Head

User Image
Item Name: Green Striper Tie
How many fish to trade:
200 Green Striper + 1 Spring Green Soap on a Rope + 1 Mini BBQ Grill + 1 Anvil on the Head

User Image
Item Name: Blue Striper Vest
Item Sellback: 9,300 gold
How many fish to trade:
300 Blue Striper + 1 Dutiful Butlers Gray Vest and Shirt

User Image
Item Name: Gray Striper Vest
How many fish to trade:
300 Gray Striper + 1 Dutiful Butlers Gray Vest and Shirt

User Image
Item Name: Green Striper Vest
How many fish to trade:
300 Green Striper + 1 Dutiful Butlers Gray Vest and Shirt

User Image
Item Name: Russian Catfish Ears and Whiskers
Item Sellback: 4,095 gold
How many fish to trade:
200 Russian Catfish + 1 Gray Bakeneko Ears + 1 Bakeneko Whiskers + 1 Water Puddle

User Image
Item Name: Tigerstripe Catfish Ears and Whiskers
How many fish to trade:
200 Tigerstripe Catfish + 1 Orange Tabby Bakeneko Ears + 1 Bakeneko Whiskers + 1 Water Puddle

User Image
Item Name: Witchling Catfish Ears and Whiskers
How many fish to trade:
200 Witchling Catfish + 1 Black Bakeneko Ears + 1 Bakeneko Whiskers + 1 Water Puddle

User Image
Hat Name: Mutha Guppa Mask
Hat Sellback: ---
How many fish to trade: 10 Mutha Guppas

User Image
Item Name: Mutha Guppa Armored Arm
Item Sellback: ---
How many fish to trade:
10 Mutha Guppa + 1 Gold Automaton Arm

User Image
Item Name: Big Mouth Bass'terd Belt
How many fish to trade:
5 Big Mouth Bass'terd + 1 Bullet Belt

User Image
Hat Name: Big Mouth Bass'terd Mask
How many fish to trade: 10 Big Mouth Bass'terds

User Image
Hat Name: Candy Striper Helmet
How many fish to trade: 10 Candy Stripers

User Image
Item Name: Candy Striper Candy Crown
How many fish to trade:
10 Candy Striper + 1 Royal Red Crown

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 5: Fishing Hats/Junk Items - Gambino >>>You are here<<<

Alright, so you want to know what you can do with your fish when you catch them right? Otherwise, what's the point? Well, you can do basically two things. Sell them(In the Marketplace or in your inventory) or exchange them in for fishing hats or junk items.

If you want to go the way of the hats, this post is what you want to read. You may also want to check out this thread: The Fish Exchange: How to Get Nifty Hats and Other Stuff. It has models for all of the hats released prior to December 2010, to show what they actually look like equipped. Alternately, you can try the marketplace preview.

To obtain a hat listed below, you enter the Ole Fishing Hole, and click on the text to the left that says "Exchange Fish". You will then see a list of fish hats or other items that you can create. If the icon for the item you desire to make into a hat is not there, then you do not have the correct amount of fish and/or items.

User Image

User Image
Item Name: Dark Head Fins
Item Sellback: 350 gold
How many fish to trade: 50 Blue Seedkin

User Image
Item Name: Green Head Fins
How many fish to trade: 50 Green Seedkin

User Image
Item Name: Pale Head Fins
How many fish to trade: 50 Pink Seedkin

User Image
Hat Name: Blue Seedkin Cap
Hat Sellback: 700 gold
How many fish to trade: 100 Blue Seedkin

User Image
Hat Name: Green Seedkin Cap
How many fish to trade: 100 Green Seedkin

User Image
Hat Name: Pink Seedkin Cap
How many fish to trade: 100 Pink Seedkin

User Image
Item Name: Blue Seedkin Messenger Bag
Item Sellback: 6,100 gold
How many fish to trade:
500 Blue Seedkin + 1 Blue Leather Strapped Manties

User Image
Item Name: Green Seedkin Messenger Bag
How many fish to trade:
500 Green Seedkin + 1 Black Leather Strapped Manties

User Image
Item Name: Pink Seedkin Messenger Bag
How many fish to trade:
500 Pink Seedkin + 1 Red Leather Strapped Manties

User Image
Item Name: Berry Balloonfish Bubble Bao
Item Sellback: 1,950 gold
How many fish to trade:
100 Berry Balloonfish + 100 Grape Bubblenum Bubble

User Image
Item Name: Peach Balloonfish Bubble Bao
How many fish to trade:
100 Peach Balloonfish + 100 Orange Bubblenum Bubble

User Image
Item Name: Bubblegum Balloonfish Bubble Bao
How many fish to trade:
100 Bubblegum Balloonfish + 100 Strawberry Bubblenum Bubble

User Image
Hat Name: Cool Rainbow Helm
Hat Sellback: 1,200 gold
How many fish to trade: 100 Cool Rainbow Trout

User Image
Hat Name: Warm Rainbow Helm
How many fish to trade: 100 Warm Rainbow Trout

User Image
Hat Name: Frozen Rainbow Helm
How many fish to trade: 100 Frozen Rainbow Trout

User Image
Item Name: Cool Rainbow Trout Bow
Item Sellback: 2,200 gold
How many fish to trade:
100 Cool Rainbow Trout + 20 Aqua and Blue Reversible Hairpins

User Image
Item Name: Warm Rainbow Trout Bow
How many fish to trade:
100 Warm Rainbow Trout + 20 Orange and Yellow Reversible Hairpin

User Image
Item Name: Frozen Rainbow Trout Bow
How many fish to trade:
100 Frozen Rainbow Trout + 20 White and Ice Reversible Hairpin

User Image
Item Name: Cool Rainbow Trout Monokini
Item Sellback: 9,090 gold
How many fish to trade:
250 Cool Rainbow Trout + 1 Ice Champion Blue Glitter Shirt + 1 Ice Champion Blue Glitter Pants

User Image
Item Name: Warm Rainbow Trout Monokini
How many fish to trade:
250 Warm Rainbow Trout + 1 Ice Champion Gold Glitter Shirt + 1 Ice Champion Gold Glitter Pants

User Image
Item Name: Frozen Rainbow Trout Monokini
How many fish to trade:
250 Frozen Rainbow Trout + 1 Ice Champion Silver Glitter Shirt + 1 Ice Champion Silver Glitter Pants

User Image
Item Name: Cool Rainbow Trout Cape
Item Sellback: 13,500 gold
How many fish to trade:
500 Cool Rainbow Trout + 5 White Picnic Blankets

User Image
Item Name: Warm Rainbow Trout Cape
How many fish to trade:
500 Warm Rainbow Trout + 5 White Picnic Blanket

User Image
Item Name: Frozen Rainbow Trout Cape
How many fish to trade:
500 Frozen Rainbow Trout + 5 White Picnic Blanket

User Image
Item Name: Acidic Jelly Swarm
How many fish to trade:
100 Acidic Jelly + 10 Matcha Green Bubble Tea

User Image
Item Name: Electric Jelly Swarm
How many fish to trade:
100 Electric Jelly + 10 Red Bean Bubble Tea

User Image
Item Name: Sulfuric Jelly Swarm
How many fish to trade:
100 Sulfuric Jelly + 10 Mango Bubble Tea

User Image
Item Name: Dorsal Fin
Item Sellback: 425 gold
How many fish to trade: 25 Tuna(Any combination of colors will do)

User Image
Hat Name: Icy Tuna Helmet
Hat Sellback: 1,700 gold
How many fish to trade: 100 Icy Tuna

User Image
Hat Name: Spicy Tuna Helmet
How many fish to trade: 100 Spicy Tuna

User Image
Hat Name: Dicy Tuna Helmet
How many fish to trade: 100 Dicy Tuna

User Image
Item Name: Icy Tuna Nigiri
Item Sellback: 14,300 gold
How many fish to trade:
100 Icy Tuna + 10 Standard issue hunting knife

User Image
Item Name: Spicy Tuna Nigiri
How many fish to trade:
100 Spicy Tuna + 10 Standard issue hunting knife

User Image
Item Name: Dicy Tuna Nigiri
How many fish to trade:
100 Dicy Tuna + 10 Standard issue hunting knife

User Image
Item Name: Icy Tuna Nigiri Hairclip
Item Sellback: 13,250 gold
How many fish to trade:
250 Icy Tuna + 5 Black Lacquer Chopsticks + 5 Standard issue hunting knife

User Image
Item Name: Spicy Tuna Nigiri Hairclip
How many fish to trade:
250 Spicy Tuna + 5 Red Lacquer Chopsticks + 5 Standard issue hunting knife

User Image
Item Name: Dicy Tuna Nigiri Hairclip
How many fish to trade:
250 Dicy Tuna + 5 Gold Ornamental Chopsticks + 5 Standard issue hunting knife

User Image
Item Name: Icy Tuna Hat
Item Sellback: 8,500 gold
How many fish to trade:
400 Icy Tuna + 1 Icy Tuna Helmet

User Image
Item Name: Spicy Tuna Hat
How many fish to trade:
400 Spicy Tuna + 1 Spicy Tuna Helmet

User Image
Item Name: Dicy Tuna Hat
How many fish to trade:
400 Dicy Tuna + 1 Dicy Tuna Helmet

User Image
Item Name: Blood Ironjaws
Item Sellback: 2,625 gold
How many fish to trade:
100 Blood Ironjaw + 10 Empty Aluminum Can + 1 Buckteeth

User Image
Item Name: Hematite Ironjaws
How many fish to trade:
100 Hematite Ironjaw + 10 Empty Aluminum Can + 1 Buckteeth

User Image
Item Name: Titanium Ironjaws
How many fish to trade:
100 Titanium Ironjaw + 10 Empty Aluminum Can + 1 Buckteeth

User Image
Item Name: Spear of the Bino
How many fish to trade:
5 Buckin' Bino + 1 Spartan Spear

User Image
Hat Name: Buckin' Bino Mask
How many fish to trade: 10 Buckin' Binos

User Image
Item Name: Spear of the Tino
How many fish to trade:
5 Tootin' Tino + 1 Spartan Spear

User Image
Hat Name: Tootin' Tino Mask
How many fish to trade: 10 Tootin' Tinos

User Image
Item Name: Spear of the Chino
How many fish to trade:
5 Chargin' Chino + 1 Spartan Spear

User Image
Hat Name: Chargin' Chino Mask
How many fish to trade: 10 Chargin' Chinos

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 6: Fishing Hats/Junk Items - Durem and Junk >>>You are here<<<

User Image

User Image
Item Name: Gills
Item Sellback: 275 gold
How many fish to trade: 25 Pebbo Feeders(Any combination of colors will do)

User Image
Hat Name: White Pebbo Cap
Hat Sellback: 1,100 gold
How many fish to trade: 100 White Pebbo Feeders

User Image
Hat Name: Brown Pebbo Cap
How many fish to trade: 100 Brown Pebbo Feeders

User Image
Hat Name: Black Pebbo Cap
How many fish to trade: 100 Black Pebbo Feeders

User Image
Item Name: White Pebbo Fishing Vest
Item Sellback: 7,420 gold
How many fish to trade:
500 White Pebbo Feeder + 1 White Polar Expedition Down Vest

User Image
Item Name: Brown Pebbo Fishing Vest
How many fish to trade:
500 Brown Pebbo Feeder + 1 White Polar Expedition Down Vest

User Image
Item Name: Black Pebbo Fishing Vest
How many fish to trade:
500 Black Pebbo Feeder + 1 White Polar Expedition Down Vest

User Image
Item Name: White Pebbo Fishbone Sweater
Item Sellback: 14,250 gold
How many fish to trade:
1000 White Pebbo Feeder + 1 Unsightly Body Hair + 1 Stylish White Winter Sweater+ 1 Bone Snowgoggles

User Image
Item Name: Brown Pebbo Fishbone Sweater
How many fish to trade:
1000 Brown Pebbo Feeder + 1 Unsightly Body Hair + 1 Stylish White Winter Sweater+ 1 Bone Snowgoggles

User Image
Item Name: Black Pebbo Fishbone Sweater
How many fish to trade:
1000 Black Pebbo Feeder + 1 Unsightly Body Hair + 1 Stylish White Winter Sweater+ 1 Bone Snowgoggles

User Image
Item Name: Mossy Mutant Crab Arm
Item Sellback: 10,100 gold
How many fish to trade:
200 Moss Mutant Crab + 10 Radioactive Zombie Slime

User Image
Item Name: Rusted Mutant Crab Arm
How many fish to trade:
200 Rusted Mutant Crab + 10 Radioactive Zombie Slime

User Image
Item Name: Slate Mutant Crab Arm
How many fish to trade:
200 Slate Mutant Crab + 10 Radioactive Zombie Slime

User Image
Item Name: Sharp Fish Teeth
Item Sellback: 400 gold
How many fish to trade: 25 Biters(Any combination of colors will do)

User Image
Hat Name: Black Rocque Helm
Hat Sellback: 1,600 gold
How many fish to trade: 100 Black Rocque Biters

User Image
Hat Name: Blue Stone Helm
How many fish to trade: 100 Bluestone Biters

User Image
Hat Name: Pyrite Helm
How many fish to trade: 100 Pyrite Biters

User Image
Item Name: Black Rocque Biter Gloves
Item Sellback: 6,840 gold
How many fish to trade:
300 Black Rocque Biter + 1 Pee Wee Black Hockey Gloves (goalie)

User Image
Item Name: Bluestone Biter Gloves
How many fish to trade:
300 Bluestone Biter + 1 Pee Wee Blue Hockey Gloves (goalie)

User Image
Item Name: Pyrite Biter Gloves
How many fish to trade:
300 Pyrite Biter + 1 Pee Wee Green Hockey Gloves (goalie)

User Image
Item Name: Black Rocque Biter Blade
Item Sellback: 46,200 gold
How many fish to trade:
1200 Black Rocque Biter + 100 Bakeneko Fangs + 5 Metal Pipe + 1 Trashcan Fire

User Image
Item Name: Bluestone Biter Blade
How many fish to trade:
1200 Bluestone Biter + 100 Bakeneko Fangs + 5 Metal Pipe + 1 Trashcan Fire

User Image
Item Name: Pyrite Biter Blade
How many fish to trade:
1200 Pyrite Biter + 100 Bakeneko Fangs + 5 Metal Pipe + 1 Trashcan Fire

User Image
Item Name: By-a-Mile Racer Goggles
Item Sellback: 3,410 gold
How many fish to trade:
150 By-a-Mile Racerfish + 2 Headband + 1 Charcoal-Tinted Glasses

User Image
Item Name: By-an-Inch Racer Goggles
How many fish to trade:
150 By-an-Inch Racerfish + 2 Headband + 1 Charcoal-Tinted Glasses

User Image
Item Name: Ten-Second Racer Goggles
How many fish to trade:
150 Ten-Second Racerfish + 2 Headband + 1 Charcoal-Tinted Glasses

User Image
Hat Name: Stone Boldur Helmet
Hat Sellback: 2,100 gold
How many fish to trade: 100 Stone Boldurs

User Image
Hat Name: Sand Boldur Helmet
How many fish to trade: 100 Sand Boldurs

User Image
Hat Name: Slate Boldur Helmet
How many fish to trade: 100 Slate Boldurs

User Image
Hat Name: 4x Blackrocque Helm
Hat Sellback: 2,060 gold
How many fish to trade: 55 Brown Pebbo Feeders + 45 Black Rocque Biters + 35 Sand Boldurs

User Image
Hat Name: 4x Bluestone Helm
How many fish to trade: 55 White Pebbo Feeders + 45 Blue Stone Biters + 35 Stone Boldurs

User Image
Hat Name: 4x Pyrite Helm
How many fish to trade: 55 Black Pebbo Feeders + 45 Pyrite Biters + 35 Slate Boldurs

User Image
Item Name: Stone Boldur Chestplate
Item Sellback: 13,750 gold
How many fish to trade:
300 Stone Boldur + 2 Red Web Bustier + 1 Bronze Ookami Armor

User Image
Item Name: Sand Boldur Chestplate
How many fish to trade:
300 Sand Boldur + 2 Red Web Bustier + 1 Gold Ookami Armor

User Image
Item Name: Slate Boldur Chestplate
How many fish to trade:
300 Slate Boldur + 2 Red Web Bustier + 1 Ebony Ookami Armor

User Image
Item Name: Firemane Hellfish Greaves
Item Sellback: 7,150 gold
How many fish to trade:
100 Firemane Hellfish + 1 Patchwork Boots + 1 Orange Yellow Flame Spiral Chest Tattoo + 1 Cig + 1 Gold Lighter

User Image
Item Name: Ethermane Hellfish Greaves
How many fish to trade:
100 Ethermane Hellfish + 1 Patchwork Boots + 1 Purple Blue Flame Spiral Chest Tattoo + 1 Cig + 1 Gold Lighter

User Image
Item Name: Ectomane Hellfish Greaves
How many fish to trade:
100 Ectomane Hellfish + 1 Patchwork Boots + 1 Green Yellow Flame Spiral Chest Tattoo + 1 Cig + 1 Gold Lighter

User Image
Item Name: Firemane Hellfish Helm
Item Sellback: 9,450 gold
How many fish to trade:
300 Firemane Hellfish + 2 Skull Biker Helmet Black + 1 Raptor Fire Tail + 1 Blood Knight Helmet

User Image
Item Name: Ethermane Hellfish Helm
How many fish to trade:
300 Ethermane Hellfish + 2 Skull Biker Helmet Black + 1 Raptor Ice Tail + 1 Blood Knight Helmet

User Image
Item Name: Ectomane Hellfish Helm
How many fish to trade:
300 Ectomane Hellfish + 2 Skull Biker Helmet Black + 1 Raptor Wind Tail + 1 Blood Knight Helmet

User Image
Item Name: Diamondback Lion Fins
How many fish to trade:
2 Diamondback Lion + 10 Fairy Wings + 1 Elegant White Satin Coat

User Image
Item Name: Diamondback Lion Belt
How many fish to trade:
4 Diamondback Lion + 2 Elegant Pearl Drop Choker + 1 The Family Jewels onyx

User Image
Hat Name: Diamondback Lion Mask
How many fish to trade: 10 Diamondback Lions

User Image
Item Name: Emeraldback Lion Fins
How many fish to trade:
2 Emeraldback Lion + 10 Fairy Wings + 1 Elegant White Satin Coat

User Image
Item Name: Emeraldback Lion Belt
How many fish to trade:
4 Emeraldback Lion + 2 Elegant Pearl Drop Choker + 1 The Family Jewels silver

User Image
Hat Name: Emeraldback Lion Mask
How many fish to trade: 10 Emeraldback Lions

User Image
Item Name: Rubyback Lion Fins
How many fish to trade:
2 Rubyback Lion + 10 Fairy Wings + 1 Elegant White Satin Coat

User Image
Item Name: Rubyback Lion Belt
How many fish to trade:
4 Rubyback Lion + 2 Elegant Pearl Drop Choker + 1 The Family Jewels gold

User Image
Hat Name: Rubyback Lion Mask
How many fish to trade: 10 Rubyback Lions

User Image

User Image
Item Name: Tin Hat
Item Sellback: 5,000 gold
How many items to trade: 5,000 Old Cans

User Image
Item Name: Patchwork Boots
Item Sellback: 2,000 gold
How many items to trade: 1,000 Old Boots

User Image
Item Name: Tire on my Head
Item Sellback: 1,500 gold
How many items to trade: 500 Big Old Tire(s)

User Image
Item Name: Tire Tread Boots
Item Sellback: 10,570 gold
How many items to trade:
3000 Big Old Tire + 3 Black Sport Cap + 1 Mad Scientist Rubber Boots

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 7: The Fish Exchange >>>You are here<<<

Alright, so you've seen the fish, you've seen what you can make from them hat wise. But this was before Exchange 2.0. Now you can exhange fish for certain other fish. This makes a lot of people wonder how exactly you go about such things. Well, first enter the Ole Fishing Hole, and click on Exchange Fish. Your view will vary depending on who many of each fish you have, but you should see something like the following:

User Image

Now, obviously there are no rare masks on there, but few are going to have one rare, much less 10 for a mask, and it all works the same way anyhow. Notice that the "new" fish are all grouped together after all of the others, this happens with your actual fish in the Ole Fishing Hole as well. Don't be alarmed if you see the different order than what you had in your inventory, it's just the page formatting.

There are two things you can do here, trade for hats, or trade for fish. While the hats are still pretty obvious, there are some basics in it that apply to the fish trading as well, so I will illustrate:

User Image

Upon clicking the gray text for the Red Guppy Cap, that is what you will see. Note that you can make a single cap, or you can trade in all of your Guppies for however many caps you can make with the available fish in your inventory. Assuming you just want to make one, see below. If you want to make them all, just picture the appropriate numbers instead of what is there:

User Image

Look at that, Logan's a pretty nice fellow, asking your if you are sure instead of just swindling you. Of course, if you aren't sure you click no, and try over again. But if you are sure, click yes, and you will see the following:

User Image

This works for any fishing cap, helm, helmet, mask, or junk item, just with the appropriate numbers of fish/items. Yes, the pictures are a little blurry, but this is to keep things under 500px wide, to avoid stretching too many screens 3nodding

But as was previously stated, you can also trade for fish, in steps to the point where enough small fish can become large. Note:

User Image

Again, pretty simple. Except it is 10 fish to the next up, instead of 100 for a hat. Granted, you can only make one or the entire batch into the bigger fish, but the option is still there, and there are ways around having to take half an hour to make a few fish. It works the same with medium to large fish, check it out:

User Image

With a different fish, just so you can see that it works the same. Also note, that at the exchange rate, one large fish is equal to 100 small fish of the corresponding type, listed below. Thus this addition to fishing is more for those fishing for the actual items than trying to make a profit.

User Image

As you may have noticed, there are no rares or junk represented in that chart. This is for a couple of reasons. First, junk cannot be traded up in the same way that fish can. With the latest update however, rares can be exchanged for 1,000 of a given large fish. Because the ratios are different, I did not want to include them in that chart.

The rare exchange works the same way as the normal fish exchange, except that to get a rare, you need 1,000 of the corresponding large fish. After all, 10 would be a little low to get a rare, wouldn't it? See the image below for which larges get which rares.

User Image

Grumpy Feesh

Aquarium Fish Exchange

Post 8: Aquarium Fish Exchange >>>You are here<<<

For a period of years, Fishing was left largely alone and unattended, without any real updates outside of Captcha being inserted into the game. However, In December of 2010 and again in January of 2012, the Fishing exchange got some updates that allowed users to trade in Fishing fish for Aquarium fish. The initial release seemed to be more of an experiment, so those exchanges are less reasonable in some respects. However, the second release allowed for various exchange options of much more popular fish that previously weren't free.

Below you will see two lists. The first section contains the exchanges that were released in December of 2010. The second section is for the January 2012 release. Please note that the fish with the [lite] tag are different than the ones sold in Phin Phang for cash. They have a 1 month lifespan and drop no gold due to being free. These fish are mainly for making a pretty tank as opposed to making Booty Grab profit.

Aquarium Fish

December 2010 Update:

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Goldfish
Life Expectancy: 2 weeks
How many items to trade: 100 Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish + 10 Water Puddle + 5 Goldfish in a Bag

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Cuttlefish
Life Expectancy: 12 weeks
How many items to trade: 10 Electric Jelly + 1 Aquarium Goldfish + 1 Orange Squid Head + 1 Black Spray Paint

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Hermit Cat
Life Expectancy: 13 weeks
How many items to trade: 1 Witchling Catfish + 2 Aquarium Goldfish + 1 Jenny's Youthful Clamshell Purse + 1 Green Doggie Animal Balloon

January 2012 Update:

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Arrow Fish
Life Expectancy: 6 weeks
Exchange Option 1: 30 Green Seedkin
Exchange Option 2: 50 Red Guppy + 50 Yellow Guppy

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Spikey
Life Expectancy: 9 weeks
Exchange Option 1: 30 Bubblegum Balloonfish
Exchange Option 2: 75 Green Bass
Exchange Option 3: 25 Slate Mutant Crab + 10 Bubblegum Balloonfish

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Streamer Fish
Life Expectancy: 12 Weeks
Exchange Option 1: 75 Brown Bass
Exchange Option 2: 5 Yamabuku Koi + 10 Warm Rainbow Trout + 5 Ten-Second Racerfish
Exchange Option 3: 20 Berry Baloonfish + 20 Bubblegum Balloonfish + 5 Ten-Second Racerfish

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Sharktooth Fish
Life Expectancy: 8 Weeks
Exchange Option 1: 75 Blue Bass
Exchange Option 2: 10 Yellow Guppy + 10 Blue Seedkin + 10 Green Seedkin

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Goldfish
Life Expectancy: 2 Weeks
Exchange Option 1: 35 Orange Guppy
Exchange Option 2: 35 Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish
Exchange Option 3: 25 Orange Guppy + 25 Yellow Guppy
Exchange Option 4: 35 Orange Guppy or Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish (Any combination of the two will do, as long as the total is 35)

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Jellyfish
Life Expectancy: 15 Weeks
Exchange Option 1: 50 Warm Rainbow Trout
Exchange Option 2: 45 Acidic Jelly
Exchange Option 3: 45 Sulfuric Jelly
Exchange Option 4: 45 Electric Jelly
Exchange Option 5: 45 Total Jelly (Any combination of the two will do, as long as the total is 45)

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Cuttlefish [lite]
Life Expectancy: 4 weeks
Exchange Option 1: 25 Kohaku Koi
Exchange Option 2: 35 Bluestone Biter
Exchange Option 3: 20 Berry Balloonfish + 5 Kohaku Koi

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Seahorse [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 100 Blue Seedkin
Exchange Option 2: 30 Blue Seedkin + 15 By-An-Inch Racerfish

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Mr. Cooks [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 100 Pink Seedkin
Exchange Option 2: 30 Rusted Mutant Crab + 5 By-A-Mile Racerfish

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Mr. Pinchi [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 30 Berry Balloonfish
Exchange Option 2: 100 Blue Seedkin

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Octopii [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 100 Red Guppy
Exchange Option 2: 20 Peach Balloonfish + 20 Brown Pebbo Feeder + 5 Tigerstripe Catfish

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Lazorfish [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 100 Green Seedkin
Exchange Option 2: 35 Green Seedkin + 25 Acidic Jelly

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Knight Fish [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 100 Black Pebbo Feeder + 25 Black Rocque Biter
Exchange Option 2: 100 Slate Mutant Crab + 10 Pyrite Biter

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Nautilus [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 100 White Pebbo Feeder
Exchange Option 2: 10 Slate Mutant Crab + 15 Rusted Mutant Crab

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Starfish [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 250 Yellow Guppy + 25 Cool Rainbow Trout
Exchange Option 2: 35 Peach Balloonfish + 25 Sulfuric Jelly

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Ninja Fish [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 100 Black Pebbo Feeder + 5 Ethermane Hellfish
Exchange Option 2: 100 Black Pebbo Feeder + 15 Black Rocque Biter

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Dark Knight Fish [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 200 Black Pebbo Feeder + 15 Bluestone Biter
Exchange Option 2: 100 Slate Mutant Crab + 10 Black Rocque Biter

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Watermeat [lite]
Life Expectancy: 10 weeks
Exchange Option 1: 50 Blue Seedkin + 20 Ochiba Koi + 5 Blue Striper
Exchange Option 2: 30 Ochiba Koi + 30 Electric Jelly + 20 Russian Catfish
Exchange Option 3: 200 Blue Seedkin + 50 Blue Striper + 150 White Pebbo Feeder

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Turtle [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 25 Green Striper
Exchange Option 2: 50 Moss Mutant Crab + 5 Green Striper
Exchange Option 3: 50 Moss Mutant Crab + 30 Acidic Jelly + 10 Ectomane Hellfish

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Momo the Monkey [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 30 Brown Bass + 30 Sulfuric Jelly + 20 Spicy Tuna
Exchange Option 2: 15 Icy Tuna + 15 Spicy Tuna + 15 Dicy Tuna

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Kiki Catfish [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 200 Yellow Guppy + 100 White Pebbo Feeder + 200 Green Seedkin
Exchange Option 2: 100 White Pebbo Feeder + 5 Russian Catfish

User Image
Aquarium Fish Name: Aquarium Coco Catfish [lite]
Exchange Option 1: 200 Red Guppy + 100 Black Pebbo Feeder + 200 Blue Seedkin
Exchange Option 2: 100 Black Pebbo Feeder + 5 Witchling Catfish
Exchange Option 3: 100 Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish + 50 Gold Bubble-Eye Goldfish + 50 Red Bubble-Eye Goldfish

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 9: Bait and Rods >>>You are here<<<

Bait and rods, the basis for fishing. Without a rod, one cannot fish. The same goes for bait. While normally it is easier to buy bait from the Ole Fishing Hole, you can purchase them in the Marketplace as well. For rods, I recommend that you use the Marketplace after first checking the particular rod's normal price. You can usually find them at a discount there, leaving you more gold for bait.

Below is the list of bait and rods. The bait has the name, cost, it's use, and some personal advice from me on how to use it. The rods follow, with name, cost, line description, and some personal input as well. Read on for special bait info and pictures demonstrating the rod lines.

User Image

User Image
Bait Rank: Grade F Fishing Bait
Bait Cost: 25 gold
What it does: Allows you to hook any fish excluding rares, unless the bait is undegraded (See Bait Degradation). It has a high volume of junk and small fish, and very little else.
Gaidin's personal advice on this bait: If used together with bait degradation and/or heavy filtering, this bait can be very profitable. However, if you like to do high volumes of fishing, this is then more ideal for junking instead of actual fishing, as over half of the hooks tend to be junk when it is at true F level.
Fish in the water with this quality bait: Junk: 51, Small: 42, Medium: 6, Large: 1, Rare: 0

User Image
Bait Rank: Grade D Fishing Bait
Bait Cost: 100 gold
What it does: Allows you to hook any fish, even rares. It has a higher volume of junk than A bait, but less than F bait, truly making it the middleman.
Gaidin's personal advice on this bait: D bait is the true middle ground of the bait selections. At 100 gold each it's not hard to make a profit, though buckets fished with D level bait do still tend to be a bit small and junk heavy. With a little filtering you can get good results with this bait, but generally speaking, A or F will serve your purposes better outside of using D for resets.
Fish in the water with this quality bait: Junk: 32, Small: 54, Medium: 11, Large: 3, Rare: 1 or 0

User Image
Bait Rank: Grade A Fishing Bait
Bait Cost: 250 gold
What it does: Allows you to hook any fish, even rares. It is the top of the line quality in bait, having a high volume of fish, a decent amount being med and large fish.
Gaidin's personal advice on this bait: A bait is the top of the line. If you are looking for large or medium fish, or even just a lot less junk, this is the bait to go with. Even fishing a bucket without filtering on A bait can net you a large fish or two regularly, provided that you cast far enough. Don't forget to take advantage of Bait Degradation (explained below) to get 5 buckets of A quality bait for only 350 gold in initial bait cost.
Fish in the water with this quality bait: Junk: 18, Small: 54, Medium: 18, Large: 9, Rare: 1 or 0

Bait Degradation

If you hang around the Fishing Forum enough, you are likely to run into this term. Bait Degradation basically describes what happens to bait when you use a lot of it. If you fish a bunch, your bait eventually degrades, or gets worse. You will hook more junk, though it only becomes obvious after a large number of buckets. But this phenomenon works both ways. If you do not fish for 12+ hours, your bait resets. By this I mean that your bait gets better, if only for a limited time. Your first five (5) baits will be a better quality than it normally would. Your first two baits, no matter the type, will act as A bait. The next 3 will act as D bait if you are using F bait, and act as A bait if you are using D bait. After those first 5 buckets, the baits will all become their normal levels again. Allow me to illustrate:

If you use 5 F bait, normally you would catch a ton of junk and small fish. But if you let your bait reset, you will catch better fish. Below is a comparison of what your F bait would act like if degraded vs. reset.

Degraded
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Reset

See the difference? The bait quality is much higher when you let it reset. Notice that after the first two baits however, that your F bait begins to act like D bait. That is what degradation is. The bait loses it's extra quality. If you were to continue to fish with the F bait, any buckets after those initial 5 would be F level.

The same thing happens with D bait, except for one minor difference. Observe:

Degraded

Reset

You see, F bait, being of very poor quality, does not stay at A level as long as D bait does when they are both reset. But, you still do get a couple of A level baits with F bait, assuming it is reset. So, a certain order has been established long before I even started fishing, that will give you the optimum amount of A level bait at the lowest price.

Since your first two F baits act as A bait, you use two of them. Then, since D bait continues to act as A bait for 3 more uses, you use 3 of them. The reason you cannot simply use 5 D bait after the 2 F bait is because the Bait Degradation goes by how many buckets you have fished, not by any particular bait you use.

User Image

User Image
Rod Name:Basic Fishing Rod
Rod Cost: 100 gold
Cast Distance: 70 ft.
Line width and pattern: Minimal distance apart, Straight parallel
Gaidin's personal advice on this Rod: I would only reccommend this rod for the complete beginner, and one with little gold. It can be good for testing and honing one's skills later on, but I wouldn't use this much if you can help it.

User Image
Rod Name: Basic Fishing Rod PLUS
Upgrade Cost: 10,000 gold
Cast Distance: 80 ft.
Line width and shape: Further distance apart, Straight parallel
Gaidin's personal advice on this Rod: Better than the Basic un-upgraded, and actually worth using. A better casting distance means more chances for better fish, and the wider lines make things a bit easier, while still giving you more of a challenge than some of the other rods.

User Image
Rod Name: Strength Rod
Rod Cost: 1,850 gold
Cast Distance: 60 ft.
Line width and shape: Miminal distance apart, parallel, but curve out near the bottom
Gaidin's personal advice on this Rod: The perfect rod for a newbie, assuming you can afford it but cannot afford any upgrades. While this is the only rod that cannot hook large fish, the lines that fan out at the bottom are perfect for those that lose fish at the last second, as many beginners do.

User Image
Rod Name: Strength Rod PLUS
Upgrade Cost: 11,075 gold
Cast Distance: 75 ft.
Line width and shape: Further distance apart, parallel, but curve out near the bottom
Gaidin's personal advice on this Rod: Arguably the best gold shop rod for speed fishing. It has the benefits of a normal Strength rod, but now can hook large fish as well. Being the distance cast isn't that much, you can still get decent hooks and bring them in faster without having to regulate your cast distance. If you are looking for speed, and don't mind not getting that many large fish, this is your dream rod.

User Image
Rod Name: Performance Rod
Rod Cost: 2,475 gold
Cast Distance: 75 ft.
Line width and shape: Curve out both at the top and bottom, but thin in the middle --- > )(
Gaidin's personal advice on this Rod: A good rod all around, though not quite reccommended for a newbie. Though the lines are wide at both the top and the bottom, the middle actually has less width than the other normal rods, making it a tad challenging bringing fish/junk through the middle. But if you can handle that, this rod is good. It has the cast distance of a Strength Plus, but for less price, and has wider lines at the top.

User Image
Rod Name: Performance Rod PLUS
Upgrade Cost: 12,500 gold
Cast Distance: 90 ft.
Line width and shape: Curve out both at the top and bottom, but a bit thin in the middle --- > ) (
Gaidin's personal advice on this Rod: Statistically the overall best rod, at least theoretically. With the casting distance of a normal Distance Rod, you have a pretty good chance for large fish. The lines are wider than the Distance at the top, and the same as the Strength Plus at the bottom, so you have plenty of room to tell what the fish is at the top, and not lose it at the bottom. The only real drawback is that the middle has about as much width as a normal Basic Fishing Rod. But just like the normal Performance, if you can get it past the middle, this rod is great for you.

User Image
Rod Name: Distance Rod
Rod Cost: 3,500 gold
Cast Distance: 90 ft.
Line width and shape: Minimal distance apart, parallel, curve out at the top
Gaidin's personal advice on this Rod: If you have the skill to keep fish within the lines, or are fishing at Bass'ken, this rod is great. The cheapest rod for this kind of casting distance gives you a good chance for hooking large fish. While that stands true, I don't reccommend this rod for newbies until they do decent with a Basic Fishing Rod. Why? Because the lines are similar, but lack the cushion that other rods (Strength, Performance) have at the bottom. Try pulling in a Boldur with this rod and you will see what I mean.

User Image
Rod Name: Distance Rod PLUS
Upgrade Cost: 13,050 gold
Cast Distance: 100 ft. (Max Distance)
Line width and shape: Further distance apart, parallel, curve out at the top
Gaidin's personal advice on this Rod: My personal favorite of the gold shop rods, it has the max casting distance. It also costs the most sweatdrop But if you can afford it, the lines are wide enough to handle anything in the game given enough practice and timing. You hook significantly more large and medium fish with this rod, but buckets do take a tad longer. The best rod for heavy filtering, but not so good for speed.

User Image
Rod Name: Angelic Rod
Rod Cost: Cannot be purchased. Earned when you have caught 75,000 fish/junk.
Line width and shape: Further distance apart, parallel, curve out at the bottom
Gaidin's personal advice on this Rod: It is basically a Strength Plus combined with a Distance Plus, giving you the lines of the Strength Plus, and the casting distance of a Distance Plus. The "Uber Rod" if you will, or at least it's upgraded form is. Yes, it can be upgraded. Became available on February 25th, 2011.

User Image
Rod Name: Angelic Rod PLUS
Upgrade Cost: Cannot be purchased. Earned when you have caught 150,000 fish/junk.
Line width and shape: Max distance apart, parallel, curve out at bottom.
Gaidin's personal advice on this Rod: Best rod available. The lines are even further apart than the Strength Rod Plus, and it still casts 100 ft. Rods just can't get any better than that. Became available on September 11th, 2012

User Image

Choosing a rod is something that should be done carefully. After all, it can vastly affect your performance in fishing depending on your skill. Below are some novice-skill edits to show you the lines of each of the rods. The red lines are for the normal version, and the orange lines are for the upgraded version. The orange lines are normally much smoother, but you will have to excuse me, as I am not the best picture editor. Do not forget that each rod upgrade has more casting length than it's un-upgraded form. See above for exact numbers. Also, there is another thread in the Fishing Forum that has the lines, entitled Need help deciding which fishing rod to get?

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 10: Bass'ken Lake >>>You are here<<<

Bass'ken Lake, the perfect spot for beginners. Here the fish are very slow and very weak compared to the other fishing spots. It is here that you can come to test out your skills for the first time, and also the place I would recommend for such activity. Granted, the fish are not worth very much gold-wise, but the training you can get here is invaluable. I have seen numerous threads of "Why can't I catch a fish? crying ", only to find that they have not started at Bass'ken. If you have a Strength Rod here, things will be very easy, though you will miss out on Stripers. If you have a Basic Rod, you can get experience with small and medium fish, and occasionally a large fish as well. I personally advise one to fish here until they feel they can catch fish with their eyes closed before moving on to Gambino.

What can be caught here:

Small Fish
User Image User Image User Image

Medium Fish

Large Fish

Rare Fish

Junk
User Image User Image User Image User Image

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 11: Port of Gambino >>>You are here<<<

Port of Gambino, the next step up in difficulty, normally called medium. Here fish move a good deal faster than in Bass'ken, with Seedkin easily rivaling Stripers for speed. The good thing here is that the junk is very easy to tell from most every fish in the Port. The junk here moves just like the junk in Bass'ken, while all of the fish(Excluding Green Seedkin) move much faster. Even the Green Seedkin is distinguishable, as it pulls very hard, which the junk does not.

I love this place, because the fish are not only colorful, but they move fairly quickly. This will be a bit of a shock to someone who has only fished at Bass'ken, but if you can handle Stripers and Catfish you can handle Seedkin and probably Trout as well. Here is where you get your real training in controlling your rod. Once you can pull in the Ironjaws here with little or no trouble, I think you are okay to move up to Durem 3nodding

What can be caught here:

Small Fish

Medium Fish

Large Fish

Rare Fish

Junk

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 12: Durem Reclamation Facility >>>You are here<<<

Durem Reclamation Facility, typically the hardest spot to fish at, for multiple reasons. Here, the junk is not too different from the fish, though it is quite possible to learn the differences. Second, and more importantly, the fish are the fastest here, and pull the hardest. Once you master the fish here, any place is in your grasp, especially if you can fish here with a rod that hasn't been upgraded.

Basically everything is a level up from Gambino, whereas Gambino was about 2-3 levels up from Bass'ken. The fish here however are mighty profitable, as it only takes 3 Pebbo Feeders or Mutant Crabs to pay for an F bait with gold left over. Fishing here will quickly get you the funds you need to upgrade your rod or purchase your rod of choice. A word of advice though: A normal Distance Rod here will be a mistake for many fishers. The Distance does not have very wide lines, and that makes getting any fish here somewhat difficult, especially the Hellfish.

What can be caught here:

Small Fish

Medium Fish

Large Fish

Rare Fish

Junk

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 13: The Scoreboard Explained >>>You are here<<<

Alright, the scoreboard, also known as the Fishing Stats Page. For most this doesn't matter, but to some, such as us competition fishers, it is an everyday necessity. But I might as well start with the basics. Some fishers don't even know there is a scoreboard. So first off, what does it look like? See below:

User Image

That's it, right there. The big question marks will have an avatar picture in normal circumstances, with the names and numbers filled in for the other questions marks and number symbols. What you see above is the core of the board, and shows everyone(Except for the junkers) who will win a trophy. At least, if they can be on there come score reset. That is where everyone who competes strives to be. The board, when it was last updated, now shows the Top 15. Only the Top 10 get trophies, but this new way allows you to keep track of yourself without having to use the much larger part of the Stats Page.

For most, the boards are just there off in the distance, something they don't have time or the patience to attempt. But that doesn't mean that the Fishing Stats Page is useless to the rest of you, far from it. I mean, who here likes knowing how much they fished when, looking at your past stats? I know I do, as do many I know. While some things were removed from the page when it was updated, this was added:

User Image

You will see Month and Yr there, then a Final Score column. After that you will notice the Bass'ken Fish/Score, Gambino Fish/Score, and Durem Fish/Score, each with their columns. I'll explain what they are all for.

Month Yr - This isn't exactly what you will see there, i've edited that. Instead, what you will see is something like Jan 07, and then the next one might be Nov 06, and then the third one something like Oct 06. All this really is telling you is what month of what year the scores in the same row are, and it goes back to April of 2005. If you fished before that, you won't be able to see the stats for those months, however it is all recorded in the next part.

Final Score - This is the sum of your scores in the next 3 columns multiplied by your Performance Index (PI). Basically, it gives you a score based on the quality of your catches. Below is a look at PI.

Performance Index - A tricky subject for most. While those competing are the main ones to use it, especially when going for Overall, it can still tell you things otherwise. The Performance Index(PI) is a percentage based on the quality of the fish you catch. Each fish is worth a certain amount of points, and that translates out to a certain percentage. The 100% mark is set at 20 points per fish, so a fish that earns you less than that will get you under 100%, and one that is worth more will get you over. The average score of all of your fish determines your PI, thus it is possible to raise or lower it according to what you catch.

Example: A Guppy is worth 6 points. When stacked against the 20 point 100% average, your PI becomes 30%. A Seedkin, worth 14 points would get you 70%, and a Pebbo Feeder, worth 22 points would get you 110%. If you caught 1 of each, your score would be 42. But that would have to be divided by 3 fish, meaning your average was 14, which comes out to 70% PI.

But why all these numbers? What is the PI for? It is for Final Score in the same bar. Whatever your Total Score is for everything added together is multiplied by the PI percentage to get the score you see in that bar. Again, it's not much to non-competitors, unless you want to challenge yourself to get a certain PI by catching better fish. Unfortunately the PI part of the stats page was removed, so a little more math would need to be done to find what it is.

Bass'ken Fish - Quite simply, how many fish you have caught in Bass'ken for the month indicated at the left. Junk is not counted in the number, only the Guppies, Bass, Striper, and any possible rares.

Bass'ken Score - This is the total amount of points that the fish you caught add up to, using the point values i've listed a little below this section.

Gambino Fish - Quite simply, how many fish you have caught in Gambino for the month indicated at the left. Junk is not counted in the number, only the Seedkin, Trout, Tuna, and any possible rares.

Gambino Score - This is the total amount of points that the fish you caught add up to, using the point values i've listed a little below this section.

Durem Fish - Quite simply, how many fish you have caught in Durem for the month indicated at the left. Junk is not counted in the number, only the Pebbos, Biters, Boldurs, and any possible rares.

Durem Score - This is the total amount of points that the fish you caught add up to, using the point values i've listed a little below this section.

But that is only half of the page right? Below you should have something like this:

User Image

Assuming you have caught every common fish, junk, and no rares, that is what your Fishing Stats Page will look like, with numbers in the spots where there are number signs. This displays all of the fish you have ever caught of these types. Thanks to kaia9 touching up the board late in 2006 after it was broken over a year, everything is up to par and working again.

On the side you might notice the four sections. I will explain them below:

Number Times Fished - This is, quite simply, the number of buckets you have managed to save at this fishing spot. This does not count buckets started but never saved. So none of your glitched buckets that froze will be in this count.

Total Fish - This is the number of fish that you have caught from this spot total. To the left, if you add up all of each type of fish you have caught, you will get this number. Junk isn't counted in the lake sections however, all of the junk has a spot of it's own at the bottom.

Total Score - This is the points those fish were worth, the ones that would be totaled in the above category. Remember the lake score lines in the "Most recent active months" part higher up? This is just like that, but for all of the months you have fished.

Total Time Fishing - This stat logs the time you have spent in fishing games that were saved at this spot. Here you can effectively see how much time of your life you have spent playing pixelated fishing at this particular spot razz

And thus this concludes... Wait, what? Oh, I only went through the bare bones didn't I? Some of you are still wondering about PI, and how it works huh? I suppose I can explain it for you.

A Little More In-depth

So I explained a bit about the scoreboard, and what the Fishing Stats Page is useful for. But maybe some are interested in reaching the scoreboards, or finding how to go after a high PI, or maybe you just want to know how many points each fish is. And what about junk huh? I didn't really talk about it much. Well, here goes.

The scoreboard ranks one simply based on points for 4 of the 5 categories. The categories are: Overall, Bass'ken Lake, Port of Gambino, Durem Reclamation Facility, and Junk. The last four simply require you to catch a lot of stuff from that category.

Bass'ken Lake - Considered the easiest place by some, the hardest by others in competition. The fish are easy to pull in, but slow, and for some fishers that is tiring. Not to mention the scores are harder to make here, because of point values. Take a look:

User Image

See that? Six points for a small fish! Six points! And that is what you will catch most of the time if you don't filter. Even the Bass and Striper aren't that much, considering how much more rare they are. So it does take a lot of work to make the scores even as high as you see on the boards right now.

Port of Gambino - The next step up, the fish here are faster, and thus worth more points and gold. If you look on the boards, you will see the scores are almost, if not more than, double that of Bass'ken. Why? Check this out:

User Image

Whereas Bass'ken has a 6 point value for it's small fish, Gambino has a 14 point value, over twice that of Bass'ken. Granted, the medium and large fish aren't so spread apart, but the core of all scores on that scoreboard is the small fish, in this case seedkin. It still means a lot of work to get onto the boards, but it can be more comforting to know you are getting more points, even if you aren't really climbing any faster.

Durem Reclamation Facility - But there is a place that gains you even more points per fish: Durem. Durem has the hardest of fish to catch, their speeds higher than anything anywhere else. You are rewarded by higher point values which mean higher sellback to Logan as well:

User Image

See that? Over 20 points for a small fish! While sellback to Logan is only half the score value, you see how this can bring a nice chunk of change, and why the scores are so high on the Durem boards.

Junk - Yes, the once hidden board, creeping in the shadows. Thanks to kaia9 there is a scoreboard that didn't used to exist, so we can see the rankings. They too go by simple points. But unlike the fishing spots, Junk from anywhere counts to your junk score, so you can fish wherever you fancy whenever you fancy. The scores per piece are as follows:

User Image

Notice, they make Bass'ken scores look good sweatdrop The Junk scores are almost never as high as some in Bass'ken, since the average score per junk sits around 5 points each, but the scores can get up there. The only way to truly calculate your score is to keep track of exactly how many of each junk you caught during that month. There are various ways, but unless you are going for a Junk Trophy or Overall it doesn't really matter. Oh, and one last point. As the asterisk indicates, since you can fish anywhere for junk, the junk you catch does not count towards that fishing spot's scores on the scoreboard.

Overall - The biggie, and the reason for PI's existence. Here your Total Score(The sum of your Bass'ken, Gambino, Durem, and Junk scores) is multiplied by your PI to get your Overall Score, and that is what appears in your Current Stats bar and on the Overall Scoreboard:

User Image

Here you are ranked by your Final Score. Each of the sections there will show how many fish you have from that spot, and the raw lake score from those fish. Which is why many people fish Durem a lot for Overall, to gain a higher score and PI.

But the tricky part is the requirement of 25% of your fish having to be from Bass'ken, and 25% having to be from Gambino as well. That is also where the point values come in. Look above to the fishing spot's scores. Notice Bass'ken and Gambino give you lower points per fish, meaning a lower PI. Junk is even worse, as the scores not only lower your PI, but also count for you fish total. It takes a bit of strategy and skill to not only keep on the board, but to rise on it, and many fishers use this board as a test for themselves since only the #1 Rank get's a trophy.

All of that said, the Scoreboard is good for many things, and not all for just getting a trophy. Hopefully this has shed some light on what each part of the board means.

Wait, wait just a minute. You tell me all this, but I still don't know what I need to do to get a trophy!

I get statements like this from time to time, since i've won a fair share of trophies myself. While I won't tell you exactly how you go about the "Best" way of getting a trophy, I will explain it a bit more here, so people have just about all they need when trying to get one of these fish on a stick.

The main question I get asked is actually the placings. Recall above that I said 1st-10th get trophies. However, people want to know the spread, so here it is:

• Gold - Get 1st place in Overall, Bass'ken Lake, Port of Gambino, Durem Reclamation Facility, or Junk.
  • Silver - Get 2nd place in Bass'ken Lake, Port of Gambino, Durem Reclamation Facility, or in Junk.
  • Bronze - Get anywhere from 3rd-10th place in Bass'ken Lake, Port of Gambino, Durem Reclamation Facility, or Junk.

Pictures
Here are the thumbnails for the various trophies. Unfortunately, editing the full size versions is a bit of a pain, so it may be some time before they can take the place of these inventory pictures.

Overall
User Image

Bass'ken

Gambino

Durem

Junk

It's really that simple. The time required and all that isn't so simple, but that's where individual style and strategy comes in.

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 14: FAQs >>>You are here<<<

General

Q: How do I fish?
A: Read Post two: Getting started. Or better yet, check out the Fishing Ubersticky.

Q: Oh no! My bucket didn't save! What do I do?
A: Sorry to say, there really isn't much you can do but either stop fishing or keep going and hope they do save. Gaia is still in in the Alpha testing phase, and things like lost buckets will happen sadly.

Q: What's filtering?
A: Filtering is when you learn the patterns of fish and junk, and when you hook something that you don't want, you drag it out of the lines. This basically gets you what you want instead of just everything, but at a cost of time.

Q: Can I go back to a previously unfinished game?
A: Nope sad

Q: What if I can't find the answer to my question in your gude, or even in this FAQ section?
A: Feel free to post your question. I or another well informed fisher will answer you as soon as we can.

Fish

Q: Where can I catch [Insert name here] fish?
A: Read post three: The Fish. It has the complete list of fish you can catch, and where you can catch them.

Q: What fish can I catch at [Insert Fishing Spot Here]
A: Read corresponding post for that fishing spot. It has a list of the fish and junk caught there, in case you don't want to go through the complete list.

Q: What times do what fish come out?
A: Read post three: The Fish. Only rares are actually affected by the time of day, and you can read either Post Three, or the Lake specific post to find out about the rare you have in mind.

Q: Do certain spots on the lake map have better fish, or better chances of better fish?
A: Nope, there has been no evidence to support this, and extensive testing has been done showing that the only thing you get is a change of scenery.

Q: Why can't I sell my fish? I clicked "Exchange Fish" but they didn't show up confused
A: You were going to the place to get hats or other items for your fish, not gold. To sell your fish, you will want to try the Marketplace, Game Item Exchange, or just click on the fish from inside your inventory.

Bait

Q: What is this Bait Degradation I keep hearing about?
A: Read post nine: Bait and Rods. A fairly simple, illustrated example is there for your convenience ^_^

Rods

Q: Which rod is the best?
A: There is no best rod of the ones that you can buy from the Ole Fishing Hole. Each rod has things that it is best at, so the best rod for you depends on your goals. One could argue that the Angelic and Angelic Plus rods are the best, but they only come after lots of fishing otherwise.

Fish Hats/Junk Items

Q: I want to know what [Insert hat here] looks like equipped
A: The best way to see what an item looks like at this point is to check out the preview for it in the Marketplace. Each item thumbnail in the guide should be linked to it's Marketplace listing for your convenience.

Personal Statistics/The Scoreboards

Q: How do I find my score?
A:When Logan was added to the new shopping system, they took out the sign for the Statistics Page. Now it is found in the Ubersticky, users' signatures, or guides. It has also been linked on the Games landing page, in the form of a text link titled "View All" in the Top Fishers section.

Trophies/Competition

Q: If I sell/exchange/trade my fish, will it change my score?
A: Nope. Once you have saved your bucket, the score on the board is not affected by what you do with them. Many sell fish during their trophy runs to buy more bait.

Q: If I buy fish, will it make my score go up?
A: Nope, that would allow for people to win trophies without actually doing anything, just having gold. You have to catch them via the game. Nothing done to your inventory affects your fishing score, for better or worse.

Q: How did you get [Insert Trophy Here]?
A: I worked very hard . Sorry, I am not making a guide on competing. I'll give tips, but part of the accomplishment of earning a trophy is making your own strategy, finding your own style. As such, what would it be worth if I gave everyone cookie cutter ways to get a trophy? A big part of the true value of a trophy would be relinquished. So sorry, i'll give you tips and guidelines privately, but no guide from me, at least not anytime soon.

Misc.

Q: Did you do all of this yourself?
A: Mostly, yes. Though the information of what fish are available from what level of bait are taken from a quote of Mardoll's, and other info from long dead guides, I have compiled it all on my own, and added more to it. Most of the graphics were either made or modified by tiranaki. The Credits section will be updated in time, telling you just who all had a hand in this guide 3nodding

*Note: This section will constantly be updated as new questions roll in.

Grumpy Feesh

User Image

Post 15: Links & Credits >>>You are here<<<

Guide Related

Ole Fishing Hole
Marketplace
Fishing Forum
Fishing Forum Ubersticky: Rules, How to Fish, and more!
The Fish Exchange: How to Get Nifty Hats and Other Stuff
Need help deciding which fishing rod to get?
Bassken Lake
Port of Gambino
Durem Reclamation Facility
Fishing Statistics

Other Useful Places
Transcendent's Filtering Guide - Schedule Suggestion Added
Where's the Fishy Love?
Monthly Fishing Trophy Winners for 2005
Monthly Fishing Trophy Winners for 2006!
Monthly Fishing Trophy Winners for 2007!
Online Fishing Stats history (If you dont want to download anything, courtesy of tiranaki)

Downloads
Fishing Stats Pack ~ Contains through December 2006

Link to me?

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.8650239/][img]http://image.ibb.co/b4q9za/GFG1.png[/img][/url]

User Image

This guide is well over a year old now, and it has grown quite a bit from what it once was. While I am the main compiler of this guide, I had to learn what I know from somewhere, and to be honest, I suck at graphics, and am not always user friendly. As such, i've gotten a bit of help from multiple sources, and i'd like to list them here for recognition.

tiranaki - If the graphic looks good, she did it whee She is responsible for all of my headers, the main sig link image, and pretty much any of the non-blurry pictures that I have for examples in here. Like how the guide looks? This is the woman responsible.

CuBiC, voxxen, Reverend Paqo, & Mardoll - The Founding Fathers and Mothers of Fishing Info, these tech savvy people used their knowledge to create the first guides, and were the first main helpers around the forum. Much of the early knowledge of Fishing comes from them, such as Bait Degradation, for whom even the name's credit belongs to CuBiC.

Top Fishers - Both people from the guild and forum threads at the time of the creation of this guide had looked it over and made suggestions as to how to make it more user friendly. Thank you all for your input that has helped make this easier to read and understand for many.

Fishers - Yes, you guys, the run of the mill readers. Many have pointed out small discrepancies in the guide. A typo here, a FAQ question not listed there. You guys and girls help me keep up on the errors or something I might miss, or point out things that could be in the guide that aren't. This is an ever-growing project, and I thank all of you that post, or even just read.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff