Welcome to Gaia! ::

Professional Genius

Fishing has lots of small problems, some with workarounds and ways of fixing the problem, some without. As crazy people who fish daily or near daily, we are most likely to find both the problem and the solution before anyone else. I will try to keep this list of current issues and their workarounds up to date. Please post here if you find a glitch/bug I haven't included, or a new workaround to an existing problem.

Last updated: March 4, 2011

Credits: Many of the workarounds here are found by others than me. I will add credits only to workarounds posted after the creation of this thread to avoid remembering wrong.

Problems with saving
Passcode/captcha glitch #1 (no words appear)
"What is the passcode?" "There are no words there!"
The problem: After finishing the bucket, you are prompted to type in the passcode but there are no words.
The solution: Isn't all that easy. Try the following:
    1. The first you should do is to try the passcode refresh button. User Image
    2. If that doesn't work: check if Gaia loads, for example by loading your subscribed threads. If Gaia is loading slow or giving you white pages, then just wait a while. Normally the passcode will load shortly after you manage to load a Gaia page.
    3. Try using the save&exit button on the top right corner. User Image It will probably load behind the existing passcode screen, so you can't access it, but if you click around in the bottom middle of the passcode window, (perhaps the "yes" and "no" buttons?) that sometimes forces the new passcode window to the top.
    4. If the problem persists and it doesn't seem to happen to everybody, try resetting your modem or router, or check so your firewall doesn't block content from the captcha server.

Passcode/captcha glitch #2 (it says wrong passcode all the time)
"It won't accept my passcode. I typed it in right."
The problem: You type in the code, hit submit, and get a new passcode window, saying the passcode was wrong. This may go on for a while.
The solution: Most of the times, the passcode is accepted after a couple of tries. If it doesn't accept it, and you're getting tired of trying, you can try to do a save&exit. User Image If that window won't accept your passcode either, I'm afraid the only solution left is to abandon your fishing game and try again. Shut down the window and load fishing again. Your progress or your fish will not be saved.
Devil Kayo added that his score saved even though it kept saying he had wrong passcode, so if you have any way of checking that, do so. If the score/fish has already saved, you can simply exit the window and start a new game.

Other passcode/captcha glitches
The problem: Since I don't know what kind of glitches and bugs you might run into, I can't describe it. See this as the ultimate last resort if nothing else works.
The solution: If you can't save but it's not because of any other glitches described, or none of the workarounds work, you can try using save&exit User Image before your bucket is full. This prompts a captcha to appear and you can type in the codes using the workaround described in Passcode/captcha problem #1. This particular workaround has worked when there's been all kinds of different glitches. It's not guaranteed though.

Eternal saving
"It keeps saying 'Saving…' forever"
The problem: You finished your bucket, typed in the passcode, and it is stuck on the Saving mode.
The solution: There is nothing you can do. Check if you still are connected to Gaia. If you need to wait 5 minutes or more, it will not save. Exit, and try again. However, all the times this has happened to me recently, my fish and scores have been saved anyway. If you have any way of checking that (for instance, you know exactly how many red guppies you had before you started this bucket), you can see if it did save or not.

Problems with starting a gameGSI Errors
"Oooops! Empty response received from GSI. Please try again at a later time"
The problem: You enter a fishing room OR has just saved a bucket. You get a popup that says: "Oooops! Empty response received from GSI. Please try again at a later time" and an option to quit. When you try to return to the room, you're stuck in loading mode forever.
The solution: Change server. Trying to find other workarounds as well.
No bait
"Logan says I have no bait, but I do!"
The problem: You enter a fishing room, and Old Man Logan pops up and tells you that you have no bait when in fact, you do.
The solution: This problem normally only happens on one or a few servers. Try all of the servers: Grunny, Angelic and Demonic, until you find a working server. If you've tried all and none works, then it's time to give up and try again later.

No rod (with a popup)
"It says I have no rod, but I do!"
The problem: You enter a fishing room, and you get a pop-up that tells you that you need a rod to fish, but you have a rod already. This can sometimes happen after you've picked a bait, but then it usually would have said 'undefined' where your rod normally is prior to picking a bait, so you could have seen it before.
The solution: Try once more on the same server, if it still won't work, try the other servers, see if anyone works alright.

No rod (without a popup)
"My rod doesn’t show up"
The problem: You have selected a bait but your rod won't show. There is no pop-up telling you that you have no rod, neither does it say 'undefined'. It simply won’t load.
The solution: Wait a while, it might load after a few minutes. If it doesn't, exit and load fishing again. You can choose the same server, but if it keeps happening again and again, try another.

Other annoying in-game problems
White screen
"I can't see anything!" "Everything is white."
The problem: You enter a fishing room, and the water is all white. You can see your rod, everyone's avatars, and the red lines when you have hooked a fish. You can't see what you or anyone else catch.
The solution: Delete your temporary internet files right before you load the fishing game. The white screen only happens with Internet Explorer, so you can try changing browser also.

Blue screen
"I can't see anything!" "Everything is blue."
The problem: You enter a fishing room, and the water is all blue. You can see your rod, everyone's avatars, and the red lines when you have hooked a fish. You can't see what you or anyone else catch.
The solution: Delete your temporary internet files right before you load the fishing game. This doesn't always work. If it doesn't, you can try another server, or waiting a while and then try again. This problem only seems to happen with Internet Explorer, so you can also try another browser.

Problems related to fishing but not in-game
I can't upgrade my rod
The problem: You try to upgrade a rod you have in your inventory, but Logan says you need to have the original rod in your inventory before you can upgrade it.
The solution:
    1. Go to your inventory arranger.
    2. Move the rod you are trying to upgrade so it's on top of your inventory.
    3. Check your inventory, the "All" tab, to make sure it transferred correctly.
    4. Try upgrading it again!

Thank you, Hahahagooey, for this solution!
Fixed!

Spread the word?
Devil Kayo made this lovely banner:
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.43569765/]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/sandra_yaaay/Gaia/Avis/fishprobs.png[/IMG][/url]
Nice Job, all you need now is for people to read this before posting an entire new topic about their issue.

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Nice work, Liz heart heart
wow...this really helps. i think i love you blaugh 3nodding xd wink whee
just kidding, but again... it really helps. nice job rofl

12,825 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Good job on this.

Are you going to include your "17 and save" tip from the other thread?

Professional Genius

I was thinking about that, but I'm not sure if that problem is wide-spread enough. Adding problems that don't affect a lot of users might only confuse.
It still doesn't work for my mac =/
Since it doesn't have a right click, when I copy it, it doesn't show the paste option when I put it on the line for the passcode?

Original Citizen

7,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
nicely done Liz! that will surely help everyone

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
Mistaken_1993
It still doesn't work for my mac =/
Since it doesn't have a right click, when I copy it, it doesn't show the paste option when I put it on the line for the passcode?

Copy or cut the text in the same way you normally would (I believe you use the apple key + x or c)
Then use the Apple key when you click in the text box for the captcha, it should bring up a menu with a paste option.

Professional Genius

Thank you for that Bria, I added that info. smile

Professional Genius

Update: as of right now, all servers are affected by the no-bait glitch. I'm expecting it to pass within shortly, and by that I mean within 24 hours or so. Keep trying if you feel inclined to.

Edit 7 minutes later: seems Angelic is working again. That was fast.
THANK YOU SO MUCH BRIA, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TIRED I AM OF FISHING AT GAMBINO. THANK YOU!!!

Truthful Seeker

wow! THANK YOU! heart heart heart
nice work!
i had problem with the save feature and you helped me out!

12,825 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Good thing I came here before fishing. Fishing is still down by the way. I saw half a dozen rooms on each server that I tried and knew something was up. I didn't even bother to try to get in.

@little lizard: hope you don't mind, I'm linking this post in my answers to some of the threads where I try to help out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff