Welcome to Gaia! ::

What does this thread make people think about me?

That I'm a total nerd 0.17519466073415 17.5% [ 315 ]
That I'm a helpful contributor to the Gaia Community 0.57452725250278 57.5% [ 1033 ]
That I need a new hobby 0.25027808676307 25.0% [ 450 ]
Total Votes:[ 1798 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

fl4m3ch4mp
i dont get it? what is filtering again you didnt reaaly explain it properly question

Filtering is when you feel that you have junk on the hook and just throw it back in the water.
plz get a new hobby
this is great!
WOW....you have way to much time on your hands....but good information none the less...lol I am going to make a go of it....wish me luck...lol gonna be a long day...lol

Big Genius

I don't think this thread is getting enough attention for the valuable information it provides, really. So back up you go, just for a little bit. ^_^
Thank you so much smile I am new to gaia and this is really helpful. Keep it up as long as you can so I can reference it in the future.
I would appreciate it if you could go into detail about what degradation is exclaim
This = amazing. xD

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
I am also a new player, After looking and reading what you have said on here. I think you are a helpful contributor, not nerd at all smile The times you used on getting those data does help out to clear things up a lot.

Of course, it's an old thread (the starting date is back in 2006 june) but I very thankful for you taking your time giving us (mostly, newbies) all these important information smile

I heart this thread, well done, kudos

Noob

Hurt my head, but thanks!

whee heart
sweatdrop dont call me dumb or anything but i didnt get the images. hehehe...
i agree with the conclusion
excellent post.

Thanks
Filtering:
This is probably the most complex aspect of profit analysis. Do you catch everything that comes your way, including trash? Do you hold off and only catch the big fish? Do you do something in between? Nonetheless, people can be very good at filtering and even filter all but one fish if they want to. Which yields the highest profit rate, though? These answers vary greatly on the type of bait used and the level of degradation. Sometimes, junk is so common that waiting around long enough for bigger fish is not profitable. Sometimes, big fish come around often enough that junk just wastes a spot in your bucket. I have defined 4 levels of filtering: 0, J, S and M. 0 (zero) is no filtering; just catch everything that bites your hook. J level filtering is just filtering out every piece of junk you hook. S filters out small fish (pebbos) and junk, and M filters out all but the large fish (boulders). There are levels in between, which imply that you throw away only half the trash that you hook. NOTE: The faster you filter, the higher your profit rate. Basically, if you can recognize a bite to be junk after a jump or two and throw it away, you increase the amount of time available to catch better fish, thus increasing your profit rate above the listed numbers. I do this in order to achieve about 1000 gold in 52 minutes.

IDONT GET FILTERING AT DUREM I THINK ITS A FISH AND ITS JUNK ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO STOP THIS? AND ALSO HOW DO BOULDURS PULL AND HOW FAST?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff