Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Newb

Here is a quick chart of Bass'ken Lakes fish, Showing caught messages, average sell / buy price, types and links to each markeplace listing.
(It's easier to look at one page rather then go through all items in market place)
I hope this comes useful to some people.
(If any url's or image's are broken Gaia most likely changed the path)

#################################################
| Type | Thumb / Name - url | Caught Message | Average Sell Price |
#################################################

| Junk | User ImageAn Old Can! | I don't know if I can deal with this. | 9 gold |
| Junk | User ImageAn Old Boot! | Now if only I had one more I wouldn't have to buy new shoes. | 15 gold |
| Junk | User ImageA Big Old Tire! | Geebus! What am I gonna do with this junk!? | 61 gold |
| Junk | User ImageDrift Wood! | Your hard work has paid off! You've got junk! | 10 gold |

| Small fish | User ImageAn Orange Guppy! | How tiny...poor little guy. | 243 gold |
| Small fish | User ImageA Yellow Guppy! | Looks kinda puny to me. | 206 gold |
| Small fish | User ImageA Red Guppy! | You may be red, but now you're dead. | 224 gold |
| Small fish | User ImageRed Bubble-Eye Goldfish! | That's money in the-- uh-- fish in the bank! | 218 gold |
| Small fish | User ImageGold Bubble-Eye Goldfish! | That's money in the-- uh-- fish in the bank! | 224 gold |
| Small fish | User ImageBlack Bubble-Eye Goldfish! | That's money in the-- uh-- fish in the bank! | 230 gold |

| Medium fish | User ImageA Green Bass! | This kicks serious bass! | 80 gold |
| Medium fish | User ImageA Brown Bass! | This one smells like bass! | 78 gold |
| Medium fish | User ImageA Blue Bass! | No wonder you're blue, cuz I caught you! | 160 gold |
| Medium fish | User ImageKohaku Koi! | Don't be koi about your accomplishment, you're a great fisher! | 21 gold |
| Medium fish | User ImageOchiba Koi! | Don't be koi about your accomplishment, you're a great fisher! | 17 gold |
| Medium fish | User ImageYamabuki Koi! | Don't be koi about your accomplishment, you're a great fisher! | 17 gold |

| Large fish | User ImageA Blue Striper! | The blue stripe keeps it dry and fresh even underwater. | 1,098 gold |
| Large fish | User ImageA Gray Striper! | Whoa...a gray striper! No wonder he moved so fast! | 1,052 gold |
| Large fish | User ImageA Green Striper! | The green stripe is for freshness! | 1,965 gold |
| Large fish | User ImageWitchling Catfish! | Looks like the cat's IN the bag! | 121 gold |
| Large fish | User ImageTigerstripe Catfish! | Looks like the cat's IN the bag! | 118 gold |
| Large fish | User ImageRussian Catfish! | Looks like the cat's IN the bag! | 119 gold |

| Rare fish (Day)| User ImageMutha Guppa!!! | Dang gurl! Baby got back! | 1,176,090 gold |
| Rare fish (Night)| User ImageBig Mouth Bass*terd!!! | OMG! HE's HUGE! | 1,127,730 gold |
| Rare fish (Dawn/Dusk)| User ImageCandy Striper!!! | I don't know why anyone would volunteer to get caught. | 2,365,760 gold |

From this chart we can see that small fish are higher in price then the medium and some large, So if you fish and sell your catch most gold would come from small fish.

Example:
100 Orange Guppys = 24300 gold
100 Russian Catfish = 11900 gold

In this example small fish beat large fish over double in gold, Some people think small fish are a waist of time that's where they're wrong!

Also Striper's are high in demand, I currently have no Stripers because I offer them for the right price example below. . . .

Lowest Item price X Qty - 10% = price
This way both ends get a great deal.

If anyone would like to share some tip's below they're more then welcome.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

With your example you should note that with small fish in Bass'ken, prices are always varying upon what the small fish are selling for at the moment people put them on the market, so that prices is not a for-sure deal.

As well, your example of 100 Orange Guppies and 100 Russian Catfish is true, but Smalls do not always beat larges.

100 Gray/Blue Stripers can go for 100,000 gold in total.
100 Green Stripers can go for 200,000 gold or even more.

It's not a very fair comparison since Orange Guppies don't even make Russian Catfish.

You should probably specify that it's the New large fish, the Catfish, that don't equal up to the smalls.

You should also put though that you're not saying your large fish aren't worth keeping, how I read it was "don't upgrade your smalls and the larges aren't worth it" which is true in some sense. 100 Orange Guppies only make 1 large fish so 1,000 gold for 1 Gray Striper. However, it's worth keeping the larges, pretty much as a "side" deal where you're making more gold on the side other than from the smalls, it's the mediums that kind of are in the middle whether to upgrade or keep them as mediums.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff