Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Today I noticed there was something new with the captcha on Gaia Fighing. they changed it from screencaps, words, or gibberish, to gibberish, half of it black on white and half white on black. It seems far less clear to read.

I went through at least twenty different tries typing or realizing I couldn't read anything at all, and hey all looked like that

Is this a problem for anyone else? Does anyone know how I can go back to the last version of captcha?

Fisher

It seems Gaia does not want us fishing on Christmas Eve. 3nodding

Bloodsucker

My thoughts exactly.

Like, I get it that you don't want bots reading this, but ******** hell.
People can't read this s**t either.

WTF, is wrong with you, Gaia?

Raider

They need to change it back. I'm sick of trying already and it's only my 1st bucket.

Familiar Streaker

yup having this problem :C so annoying takes like 5 tries for a bucket to save properly..

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
The Blue Captain
They need to change it back. I'm sick of trying already and it's only my 1st bucket.

I think I spent more trying to get the captcha right than I did fishing.

Invisible Citizen

11,865 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Invisibility 100
It took me like 12 tries to save a bucket. gonk And I'm usually pretty good at reading captcha. They really, really need to change it back.

Timid Explorer

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
THIS! I FINALLY caught a freaking Slate Boldur and I can't even save my bucket. I'm pissed!

Feline Strawberry

8,475 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100
  • Gaian 50
I think I tried about 5 or 6 times before I gave up. Honestly. I agree with everyone else here. They seriously need to change it back. I was really looking forward to a bit of fishing today, and I couldn't even get my first bucket saved. Good thing I hadn't caught any large fish, or I'd have been seriously annoyed!

Agile Spirit

Its extremely hard to read. I either refresh like crazy or try multiple times before finally getting it >.> Like everyone else said, really hope they change it back to something more legible.
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't complete gibberish and was actual words. I understand they need to prevent bottling, but when its gets to where no one can fish because it's too frustrating what's the point?

Questionable Streaker

If this sticks around Im not even going to be half as active in fishing. 20 tries for one bucket is absolute bs.

How about the devs actually TEST something before they implement it. The number one rule in development. Not f****ng hard.

/rage.

Fisher

To be honest, I'm actually quite curious to see how different the success and fail rates are on captchas with this change in place.

Merry Misfit

I've managed to get a couple on the first try but on average a lot of these with the white on black black on white stuff you can't tell a c from an o or even a p or an n from an m from a w and it's just a lot of trouble.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff