Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
T4NGO
Here's a question:

What good is the Angelic Rod? Is it mainly just for show?

Or is there less work required when fishing no matter the catch?
A regular angelic rod is the ultimate rod for casual fishing. It doesn't really make it any easier to catch fish, but you are more likely to hook large fish because of the longer cast. But it will likely slow you down if you are fishing for the monthly competition.

If they ever release the plus version... that will definitely make fishing much easier because it'll have the widest lines.

Bashful Cutie-Pie

10,375 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100
II Sona II
Karr-ika
QUESTION!!!

Can you trade/sell the fish and still get the angelic rod?

mhm, you just have to pull in the fish, you can sell em all you want. you just have to save the buckets 3nodding

Thanks!

Original Tycoon

9,075 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
TYVM for the info. I haven't logged in for (about) a year and some of my statistics were gone. For example, I had some fish caught on Durem, and it was reseted on the stats page. sad

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

nunyx
TYVM for the info. I haven't logged in for (about) a year and some of my statistics were gone. For example, I had some fish caught on Durem, and it was reseted on the stats page. sad

The only stats that reset are the monthly ones from your personal monthly scores. The grand total of fish and junk that you've caught ever doesn't reset.

Go here and look BELOW the scoreboards. Then go even below the section labeled "My Three Most Recent Active Months". That's what you want, where it says Number Times Fished, Total Fish, Total Score, and Total Time Fishing. You just add up the numbers from each section of Total Fish, and that's what you've caught. That never resets.

Original Tycoon

9,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
Gaidin

The only stats that reset are the monthly ones from your personal monthly scores. The grand total of fish and junk that you've caught ever doesn't reset.

Go here and look BELOW the scoreboards. Then go even below the section labeled "My Three Most Recent Active Months". That's what you want, where it says Number Times Fished, Total Fish, Total Score, and Total Time Fishing. You just add up the numbers from each section of Total Fish, and that's what you've caught. That never resets.

Hi Gaidin.

Thank you for your answer, but I'll have to disagree with you. Or it resets or it started to count after the last time I've fished on Durem. Here's a perfect example:

- I never bought any Boldur;
- I've sold some Boldur this month;
- I have 9 Slate Boldur on my inventory;
- I have only 2 Slate Boldur on my Stats for the total fish caught (ever, not the monthly ones).

Grumpy Feesh

nunyx
Gaidin

Hi Gaidin.

Thank you for your answer, but I'll have to disagree with you. Or it resets or it started to count after the last time I've fished on Durem. Here's a perfect example:

- I never bought any Boldur;
- I've sold some Boldur this month;
- I have 9 Slate Boldur on my inventory;
- I have only 2 Slate Boldur on my Stats for the total fish caught (ever, not the monthly ones).

I can respect that you disagree with my statements. However, it's not just a statement; it's a fact. I have never heard of anyone's stats changing or resetting since the game was released about 7 years ago (in a week or so, it was released late November 2004). They are made to be a chronicle of your fishing progress over the course of your account's life. My account, for example, is a couple of months older than the game itself, and my stats have never reset. I've also done a lot more fishing than the vast majority of Gaians (Over 16,000 full buckets worth). Nor have the stats of others that have fished even more than I have, and have taken long breaks, or never stoped, etc.

As for your inventory issue, there are multiple things that could explain that:

- You did buy slate boldurs, but do not recall since it's been awhile. Probably not overly likely, but possible.
- You exchanged for some slate boldurs via Logan's Fish Exhange.
- You received some slate boldurs via trade at some point, maybe in part of a trade.

And so on. I'm not saying that you're lying, or that you're explicitly wrong about obtaining more boldurs. All I am saying is that there's never been a proven case of the stats page resetting any of the permanent stats that I've seen, and I've kept up with Fishing since it was released. There's a good reason why the Angelic Rod is based off of the stats page.

Original Tycoon

9,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
Gaidin

I can respect that you disagree with my statements. However, it's not just a statement; it's a fact. I have never heard of anyone's stats changing or resetting since the game was released about 7 years ago (in a week or so, it was released late November 2004). They are made to be a chronicle of your fishing progress over the course of your account's life. My account, for example, is a couple of months older than the game itself, and my stats have never reset. I've also done a lot more fishing than the vast majority of Gaians (Over 16,000 full buckets worth). Nor have the stats of others that have fished even more than I have, and have taken long breaks, or never stoped, etc.

- You did buy slate boldurs, but do not recall since it's been awhile. Probably not overly likely, but possible.
- You received some slate boldurs via trade at some point, maybe in part of a trade.

And so on. I'm not saying that you're lying, or that you're explicitly wrong about obtaining more boldurs. All I am saying is that there's never been a proven case of the stats page resetting any of the permanent stats that I've seen, and I've kept up with Fishing since it was released. There's a good reason why the Angelic Rod is based off of the stats page.

Or maybe it's a bug. It's simply impossible that I have such a small amount of fish from Durem if I started to fish since my registration date (April 2007). I never fished on Durem as much as on Port of Gambino, but I remember to have fished a lot more than I have right now on my stats. The stats for Port of Gambino seem to be ok. The reset seems to be on Durem only.

Edit:

User Image

I was active 'till late 2009. Mutant Crab and Racerfish are new to me. smile

Grumpy Feesh

nunyx
Gaidin

Or maybe it's a bug. It's simply impossible that I have such a small amount of fish from Durem if I started to fish since my registration date (April 2007). I never fished on Durem as much as on Port of Gambino, but I remember to have fished a lot more than I have right now on my stats. The stats for Port of Gambino seem to be ok. The reset seems to be on Durem only.

Edit:

User Image

I was active 'till late 2009. Mutant Crab and Racerfish are new to me. smile

Bug is possible, but highly unlikely, even more so because you feel that your Gambino numbers are okay. That part of the stats page is really about the only thing that's never broken, and for you to claim bug so fervently when it's been 2 years since you last fished seems a little off. Boldurs were the hardest fish in the area to catch, so it's not surprising that you had few. It's also worth noting that your numbers are pretty even throughout all sizes of fish, which suggests you did little to no fishing in Durem prior to the update last December that added the new fish.

Original Tycoon

9,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
I'm probably mistaken. sweatdrop But it's all very strange, how many years and bait you need to fish only (exactly) 50 fish on Durem as my stats claim? And Boldur are so hard to get that this month I caught a few. Seems that a 2 years hyatus is a good thing for fishing. It has been two years since I left Gaiaonline without getting access to my house at Barton, and only two days ago (after trying for about two months with all the tips from every topic) I was able to enter and change everything without any bug, so yeah, I was quick to say it was a bug in my stats. But it's not important, like I said, I'm probably mistaken. I'm gonna stop the off-topic, sorry people. neutral
can we recieve a second angelic rod once we have caught a total of 150,000+ fish/junk?

Newbie Noob

Red HOOD Warrior
can we recieve a second angelic rod once we have caught a total of 150,000+ fish/junk?

nope
teh_friendly_ghost
Red HOOD Warrior

nope

f u gaia. f u.
say i buy a a angelic rod from the mp... would i still be able to receive an angelic rod after ive caught 75k?

Sex Symbol

M.dot

Yeah, you would still be able to get it if you catch 75k of fishes/junks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff