Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
Angelic Rod
Catch 75,000 fish and/or junk! No time limit, any number of lakes. You don't need to keep the fish or junk. Rods are granted once a week on Sunday at around 5 am PST.

Angelic Rod Plus
Catch 150,000 fish and/or junk and you must have a regular Angelic Rod in your inventory! No time limit, any number of lakes. You don't need to keep the fish or junk. Rods are granted once a week on Sunday at around 5am PST.

If you don't have a rod at the time of the weekly granting Logan will check your inventory every week until you have a rod in your account on the grant day and then he'll replace your regular Angelic with a Plus.

Special Note:
When the script to grant the rods is run, it only checks for those who have fished during the current month. If you reach the required amount and stopped fishing at the end of the month fish at least one bucket during the next month to get your rod to grant on the following Sunday.

-----------------------------------

Math Time!

75,000 fish/junk is equivalent to 4167 buckets.

If you fish 5 buckets a day every day it will take 834 days or about 28 months.
If you fish 10 buckets a day every day it will take 417 days or about 14 months.
If you fish 20 buckets a day every day it will take 209 days or about 7 months.
If you fish 30 buckets a day every day it will take 139 days or about 4.7 months.
If you fish 40 buckets a day every day it will take 105 days or about 3.5 months.
If you fish 50 buckets a day every day it will take 84 days or about 3 months.
If you fish 100 buckets a day every day it will take 42 days or about 1.4 months.

Also... fishing 20+ buckets a day is a good way to earn a trophy (though not always guaranteed depending on the competition) which can help keep you motivated!

Fishing 5 buckets a day can take as little as 25 minutes (if you don't spend much time chatting, catch everything you hook and don't take pauses between casts). Although with captchas and other factors it is more likely to take around 30 minutes of focused fishing time. All in all, it means that you'll finish a bucket about every 5-6 minutes if you catch everything.

10 buckets would be about an hour.
20 buckets would be about 2 hours.
30 buckets would be about 3 hours... etc etc...

Plan to add extra time to that if you are going to spend time multitasking and/or filtering.

So, if you've got two hours most days (and maybe a bit more on some days) not only can you make good headway into your Angelic Rod quest, but you might get yourself a trophy each month in the process.

-----------------------------------

Old info relating to Angelic Rod

So what do we know for sure?
You need to fish to earn the rod. And you will need to fish to earn the upgrade.

It is not based on the number of trophies you have or haven't won. The quality of your bait is not a factor either, as people who almost always junk have gotten the rod. There is nothing you can do or post to get the rod. You simply have to FISH. And fish a fair amount at that.

And, the rod will continue to be handed out on a weekly basis.

And a dev update:
Panagrammic
Angelic Rods Granted
All angelic rods have now been granted to everyone that should have received them.

Lots of information and caveats below:
- only users that had logged in since 2010 were on the grant list
- rods for newly qualifying fishers will be granted on a weekly basis
- if you're coming back to the site after over a year, you'll need to fish again to show up and be checked for the weekly angelic rod grant.

There were some questions about the exact qualifications. For reasons of gameplay we would prefer not to divulge exact numbers, but we will say this:
- the rod does not require particular fish to be caught, nor does it depend on winning a trophy, nor does it depend on random events. It's fair from the standpoint that if you land enough fish, you'll get it.
- that said, the Gaia Fishing forum is converging pretty quickly on a fairly accurate guess, so if you're really interested there are some pretty canny guesses as to the requirements.

What do we speculate?
That when you catch somewhere around 75k fish and junk (which is equivalent to about 4167 full buckets) you'll earn the rod. Though, we can't get an official response on this, thats pretty much where it stands...

Do note that if your trading pass is disabled or you don't have one... chances are pretty good you won't get your angelic rod till you have a working pass. D;

What do we need from you?
Nothing as of right now! It seems we've nailed down the 75k fish/junk requirement for the angelic rod. Once the plus rod gets enabled, we will be collecting data again!

You can feel free to share your stats if you want to, but at this point it is unnecessary until the upgraded version comes out.

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
question~ how do you know your bucket cont? i am looking at my stats page and i dont see that

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
pig_girl
question~ how do you know your bucket cont? i am looking at my stats page and i dont see that

On the bottom half, each lake lists a number of times fished. Add them up to get your total buckets.

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
Bria_Teragram
pig_girl

On the bottom half, each lake lists a number of times fished. Add them up to get your total buckets.
ok, i thought that just meant the number of times you had entered fishing. thanks so much bria

i love your guides

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
A question for someone who is not normally fish-inclined: how does one find the stats page? Is it in MyGaia or is it at another page?

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
It is linked in the first post. But you can find it here. Or by going to the games page and clicking the view all button below the top fishers.

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

Thank you for this guide! I don't have nearly enough to hit those numbers in my stats, but it's good to know what kind of numbers I should be aiming for.
Good job Bria 3nodding

Inquisitive Bookworm

I heart the idea of a databank. Wish I could contribute useful info, but I haven't fished nearly enough! crying

Original Citizen

7,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
Nice work on the stat spreadsheet

I find the first sentence of that announcement in error because apparently not everyone that has a high bucket count or fished a lot since 2010 did not get the rod.

Wealthy Noob

7,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
Good idea. 3nodding I hope everything clears up on how exactly to ear the rod.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Thankyou for making this Guide! I was wondering, how do you find your over all score? I seem to only find the individual score for each lake.

Lonely Prophet

Fuuuu, I am way off to get the rod..... By these requirements at least.

Interstellar Seeker

I was granted the Angelic Rod four minutes before this thread was made.

Here are my statistics.

Note:
- I didn't get the rod in the initial grant despite fishing one bucket at the Port of Gambino some time last month.
- I've fished eight buckets within the last week. Five at Bass'ken Lake and three at the Port of Gambino.

Smitten Businessman

Thank you for the summary. I have a long way to go before I can even dream of getting the Angelic rod, but I'm interested to learn what the requirements are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff