Got Rare?

yes! 0.15484363081617 15.5% [ 1827 ]
no T_T 0.71658615136876 71.7% [ 8455 ]
o.O 0.12857021781507 12.9% [ 1517 ]
Total Votes:[ 11799 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 363 364 365 > >> >>> »|

nice info. smile
Fun facts about naki:

She's the first to get 3 rares on a single account.

She's the first to get more than 1 rare post-glitch on a single account.

She's the first to catch a rare from each lake.

Fashionable Hoarder

XxHinata_LoverxX: Take your spam somewhere else, thank you very much. talk2hand your post has been reported.

Slanzer: Actually ChiJadey was the first to report a second rare post glitch. Her first was a Mutha Guppa in January, and an Emerald on October 8th. I caught my second rare on October 15th, a few days later 3nodding

I am however, the first and so far only person to report catching 2 rares on the same account in a month's time. From September 21 to October 15th. 2 rares in 25 days :nod:

Dapper Dabbler

tiranaki
XxHinata_LoverxX: Take your spam somewhere else, thank you very much. talk2hand your post has been reported.

Slanzer: Actually ChiJadey was the first to report a second rare post glitch. Her first was a Mutha Guppa in January, and an Emerald on October 8th. I caught my second rare on October 15th, a few days later 3nodding

But wasn't the one you reported on October 15th your third rare? Meaning it was your 2nd rare post glitch? So that would still make you the first person who has caught a rare post-glitch. And I thought you caught your emerald in September and your bass'terd in October? Wahh I'm confusing myself. I'm sure you know your own rares better than I do sweatdrop That's just what I assumed happened.

Fashionable Hoarder

ChiJadey's Emerald was her second rare post glitch, caught a few days before mine. Her first one was in January this year, while my first rare was from November-December 2004. My first post glitch rare (emerald) was after hers, as was my secon post glitch rare.

See the dates:
ChiJadey -Guppa in January 2006 (her first rare ever)
Emerald in October 8th, 2006 (her second rare)
She had no glitch rares.

Me -Bino in Nov/Dec 04 (glitch, doesn't count)
Emerald -September 21st 06 (first non glitch)
Bass'terd -October 15th 2006 (second non glitch)

The difference is that ChiJadey was the first with two regular rares, where one of those was NOT a glitch rare. Her second one was caught before my 3rd (and second non glitch). While I have 3, only the second and third count, and my third one (or second one that was NOT a glitch) was after her second one that was not a glitch.

My first rare was during the glitch. The Bass'sterd on Oct 15th was my third rare, but it was the second rare post-glitch. Post glitch is what is important. To put it this way, while I've caught 3 rares, the first one hardly counts in terms of rare statistics, cause a LOT of people caught rares during that glitch, sometimes even 2 in the same bucket.

My emerald was in Sept and my Bass'terd in Oct, however, like I pointed out, only 25 days had passed between them, so that makes it less than a month. Not within the SAME month, but still inside a ONE month period. The month itself is irrelevant, it's the same as if I had caught the emerald on the first of the month and the bass'terd 25 days later. To put it this way, there were only 3 weeks and a half between them.

Make sense now?
I'm not sure about the glitch factor...I mean Jadey caught an emerald during the dawn/dusk period. *scratching head*
polkaroo79
I'm not sure about the glitch factor...I mean Jadey caught an emerald during the dawn/dusk period. *scratching head*

Bria told me they migh thave taken out the Dawn/Dusk rares to condense the amount that were giving out at the DC glitch

Fashionable Hoarder

Yes, but by glitch we mean the rare glitch of 2004, where rares were as common as larges. It can't count as a rare fish when it's as common as a large fish, now can it? It's like someone that got a DC rare counting it as one they caught.

It looks like dawn/dusk is glitched in general, since many of the fish caught during these periods are actually rares from the previous period, especially if the are caught during dawn. Remembering that dawn starts a half hour before the Gaia Time map says it does, and ends a half hour before Gaia Time says it does on the Gaia Time page, it's possible that for dawn rares, there really is only a half hour period, whereas if it's dusk, it's the normal hours,

Rare caught during dawn might end up being a night/day rare cause the times are borked, but rare caught during dusk probably will be a dawn/dusk rare.

but anyways, what matters is that there was A rare in her bucket, it saved to her inventory and was credited in her stats. The rare itself is not glitched, what's glitched is the time in which rares are caught.

And again, glitched rares refer to the 04 thing, any rare caught after that is valid, no matter if it was caught in the wrong time period, or the display said something else. So long as there is a rare credited in their stats page that was caught AFTER the 04 thing was fixed, it counts.

((why do people want to give me credit for a title that's not mine? gonk I don't get it, it's her, no matter which way you look at it, she caught her second one her first, my first one doesn't count and I caught my third one after she did. Lots of people had caught second rares after glitch, like Shuyin and some others, but it was their first rare after the glitch, second total, so it was the same as if it was just their first, since the glitch rare is null.))
rofl Naki.

Does that glitched rare you caught show up in your stats though?

And that time period might explain it. Or it might be Bria's thing. I just don't like when things don't work the way they're supposed to...if one thing's wrong, might mean others are gonk

Fashionable Hoarder

Yes xp my stats are posted on the first page.

Maybe I'm not being clear, there's 2 types of rare glitches. There's the 04 glitch, and then there's the time glitch. All 04 glitches were credited in the stats (just like all large and medium and small fish). What I want to stress here is that they were so common, it was the same as catching a large fish, instead of a rare fish, think of it as a legendary fish. It was a legendary fish that did not have it's rare factor turned on.

In the way things are supposed to run normally, I can hardly count someone that caught 2 binos in the same bucket as normal because now that that glitch is fixed, that doesn't happen.

While the 04 rares are there, they have no value, no worth, in terms of rare statistics. It wasn't a rare fish then, it was just a common legendary fish. If another glitch happened where people suddenly started catching rare fish every few buckets, those wouldn't count either, cause they are the results of a direct error in the game, and would not happen under normal circumstances.

An error in the time, or a display glitch, is however, a normal circumstance and thus valid.
Ahhh k gotcha 3nodding

But the error in time or display glitch might not be a normal circumstance. Unless Truant has confirmed it? I just worry that something got messed up somewhere by accident. I remember there was a period of time they accidentally disabled rares as well.

So when I heard of Jadey's emerald at dawn/dusk, I was concerned there might be an error or typo somewhere in the game code.
I don't think I've ever sen the word "glitch" used so much in a thread. sweatdrop

Hopefully, I'll be adding some information to this thread soon. smile

Fashionable Hoarder

Val: xp heart

Ah well, but ChiJadey's wasn't the first like that. There was a period earlier this year were ALL the rares caught were off time. I don't think it's a glitch in the game code itself, not one that affects fishing, just one that affects the time. Probably happens in Towns too *shrug* I don't think it's that important, in terms of game play. Though only a half hour window during dawn does kinda suck =/.
**Reads page** gonk

Ok... well Naki's stats are the only ones with a rare from each lake in them. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff