Professional Noob

Username: SirTooky
Fishing Spot: Bass'ken Lake
Time of Day: Day
Rare Fish Caught: Mutha Guppa
Bait Used: A bait
Bait Level: A
Date Caught(Approx.): October 13, 2006. At 8:47 a.m. EST
Fishing Version Caught In: I think the latest one...
Rod Used/Fish Movement: Performance Plus/frozen trout-ish
Fishing Mode (Casual/Competition)*: Competition
Row and Slot:* First row. First slot

User Image

It was also my 3rd or 4th bucket of the day.
SWEET. A better version of the thread I was going to make. Now I dun hafta make one! blaugh

Awesome thread, naki. 3nodding

Professional Noob

Green stripers aren't rare. rolleyes

Fashionable Hoarder

sweatdrop Thanks for the report

However, if it was this fish User Image then it's not a rare. The only rare fish are the ones on the list. Also, I can't really count the report as official, in terms of collected data, without at least the screenshot of the stats as the others have done, as proof.

Thanks for posting though 3nodding
There are some days where stripers do feel rare though blaugh
Np I Removed - I did not notice the quantity in the report either. . .
Now I undersatand more clearly.

idea
Hopefully I'll be able to report my own rare as the days go by.. I have fished a crap load of buckets after all.. just been unlucky

as for the prices.. those are well said. Everyone obviously wants a million for a rare

Fashionable Hoarder

I've added a few more questions to the report form, those that already filled it out, I would appreciate it if you could answer those additional questions.

Also, if anyone has any theory, please suggest questions to be added so that we may prove or disprove said theories 3nodding

Right now, something I noticed, even though it's not recorded here, is that some of these rares were caught by people that were either dredging or powerfishing and had done an extensive amount of games that day. I am now proposing a new theory:

There are two possible ways to get a lucky bucket.
1. Fish and wait to get a lucky bucket randomly the usual way
2. Fish as many games as possible, frequently per day, and after you've accumulated a certain amount of games, it triggers a sort of "bonus" which results in a lucky bucket, as a reward for fishing so much.

However, I need to know (how many games were played before the lucky bucket in order to either prove or disprove of this.

sweatdrop like me though, I'm sure most people don't remember by now how many games they had played when they caught theirs. All I remember is that I was dredging, which means I was putting in more games than I usually do when I filter. At least double the amount.

If there are two possible ways, it would explain why some people get rares in just their 3rd or first game of the day, and while others that are competing haven't gotten any yet. If they are filtering, perhaps they aren't doing enough games to receive the "bonus" (whatever many games that may be, no idea xp ), or they aren't using A level bait constantly (or something *shrug, switching from A to D, for example). Could be any number of reasons, which is why I need to gather data and compare. 3nodding

So, thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Agree, disagree?
It's possible that there are additional ways of getting a rare. I'm interested in seeing what the old reports will say with the new questions.

Does the Daily Chance still grant rare fish?

Fashionable Hoarder

I'm anxious to gather everything I have so far and present it in a nice table whee but Gaidin keeps reminding me that takes time away from my fishing sweatdrop not that I've been fishing as hard as I could be confused

DC rares, no idea. I read someone somewhere saying that they still were, but I don't really know. If there's a thread in the GCD somewhere where people post what they've gotten from DC, it might mention if rares are still being given out.
polkaroo79
It's possible that there are additional ways of getting a rare. I'm interested in seeing what the old reports will say with the new questions.

No. They realised it wasn't fair to give out rares game items through DC and removed that option altogether when they fixed the glitch. Apart rare items like giftboxes, etc, the rarest items in DC, BY FAR, are donation items. Even then, I hear rumors that as the months go by the chances become half as likely (so if you had a 1/1 million chance of getting an October 2006 item now, next month would be a 1/2 million chance, the month after 1/4 million chance, etc).
Slanzer
polkaroo79

No. They realised it wasn't fair to give out rares game items through DC and removed that option altogether when they fixed the glitch. Apart rare items like giftboxes, etc, the rarest items in DC, BY FAR, are donation items. Even then, I hear rumors that as the months go by the chances become half as likely (so if you had a 1/1 million chance of getting an October 2006 item now, next month would be a 1/2 million chance, the month after 1/4 million chance, etc).

Ahhh k. That's good. I mean, you'd think it'd be obvious that giving out 300 to 750K items by clicking a link probably wouldn't be a good idea, but hey, better late than pregnant, right? wink
nice article...thanks

7,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Clambake 200

According to the 'official thread' in the GCD, people have gotten rare bugs and fish from the daily chance. But I'm not sure if this is before or after the glitch. confused

Also, I'm pretty sure they've removed donation items COMPLETELY. It's not just a really improbable... thing.

I should fish more. Then maybe I'd get 3 rares too. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces