Congrats guys ^-^ heart

Skilled Poster

9,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
So who won ?
the Winners' List is Empty..

Congratz to the legit.. not to the captcha of that time though!

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Hi all. Sorry this has taken some time. We had to get the official numbers straight from HQ to make sure 100% who won. Apologies for taking a bit to get them, but now we have winners to announce! ヽ(´▽`)/

Category 1: Most Fish Caught Overall (All Lakes).
1st place: Zubatt with 51,000 Fish.
2nd place: Leandra Solus with 40,890 Fish.
3rd place: Elena Gwyneth with 22,567 Fish.
4th place: Veil_Infinity with 13,787 Fish.
5th place: Starlit_Murder123 with 4,681 Fish.

Zubatt

Leandra Solus

Elena Gwyneth

Veil_Infinity

Starlit_Murder123

Category 2: Most Fish Caught in Bass'ken Lake
1st place: Xx-Sage Criss 13-xX with 24,009 Fish.
2nd place: Leandra Solus with 16,490 Fish.
3rd place: Christian_Grey-Sama with 16,093 Fish.
4th place: pritong_sushi with 12,331 Fish.
5th place: its a curse with 11,616 Fish.*

*Zubatt has given up their prize for this category as they placed in more than the allowed 2 categories per Fisher, thus everyone below moves up a position.

Xx-Sage Criss 13-xX

Leandra Solus

Christian_Grey-Sama

pritong_sushi

its a curse

Category 3: Most Fish Caught in Port of Gambino
1st place: Raining Miroku with 21,752 Fish.
2nd place: Fallen Angel XII with 13,454 Fish.
3rd place: MoonlightKo with 10,982 Fish.
4th place: yukiruazu with 10,462 Fish.
5th place: Remedy Forgotten with 9,457 Fish.*

*Zubatt and Leandra Solus have given up their prizes for this category as they placed in more than the allowed 2 categories per Fisher, thus everyone below moves up a position.

Raining Miroku

Fallen Angel XII

MoonlightKo

yukiruazu

Remedy Forgotten

Category 4: Most Fish Caught in Durem Reclamation Facility
1st place: InuMantha with 27,866 Fish.
2nd place: rupuzzled2 with 24,762 Fish.
3rd place: Zubatt with 17,000 Fish.
4th place: Pwny Slaystation with 13,977 Fish.
5th place: Yuzuhara with 10,056 Fish.*

*Leandra Solus has given up their prizes for this category as they placed in more than the allowed 2 categories per Fisher, thus everyone below moves up a position.

InuMantha

rupuzzled2

Zubatt

Pwny Slaystation

Yuzuhara

Congrats to all of you. Prizes can be found here for what you can choose from for winning. If you haven't told me already what you want, please quote or PM me with the prizes you would like so they can be granted ASAP.

Tasty Strawberry

10,425 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
Shirlox
Wooohoooo!!! I'm sleepy just waiting for this!! Thanks Shirlox, and I want a Candy Striper!! emotion_yatta

Taken Unicorn

20,450 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
Shirlox

WOOHOO!!! Thanks! I would like to have two Chargin' Chinos, please <3 * w* teehee!

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Shirlox

wow i actually won something? I thought Zubatt was trying to make me feel better about myself, lol.

I really don't know what fish to pick, so um Blue bass please? c:

Etheziel's Husband

Sparkly Unicorn

Shirlox

OK not to sound butthurt here--okay maybe I'm a little butthurt, but I think it's retarded to let someone win more than one TROPHY. Sure one could argue, "hey I fished for it and I won it, so I should get it", but I mean you already won one, save some for other people. talk2hand

Winning the other prizes however is fine, but I mean the whole reason I competed was for the trophy, I could care less about the 500 fish. And come on, 25,000,000? Gee, I better not spend it all in one place stare
Pwny Slaystation
Shirlox

OK not to sound butthurt here--okay maybe I'm a little butthurt, but I think it's retarded to let someone win more than one TROPHY. Sure one could argue, "hey I fished for it and I won it, so I should get it", but I mean you already won one, save some for other people. talk2hand

Winning the other prizes however is fine, but I mean the whole reason I competed was for the trophy, I could care less about the 500 fish. And come on, 25,000,000? Gee, I better not spend it all in one place stare
The rules were established before the competition started; I don't see the point on complaining about that now that it's over.

Moving on from something irrelevant, congrats to everyone who made it to the top 5.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Pwny Slaystation
Shirlox

Technically Zubatt could have won 4 Special Trophies had we not instigated the rule of 2 as a max per account.

It was completely up to them which 2 categories they chose to choose from their prizes, which in this case was Durem for 3rd place.

The gold amount for prizes were decided and agreed upon during when gold amounts were still going up. At the time, the gold amounts for the winners were very nice, however inflation has changed since this since the agreed upon prizes. Seeing as how everyone was winning something else besides the gold, it didn't come up in conversation to change the amounts (as far as I know).

EDIT: I'd like to ask then though if we'd limited 1 trophy to each person, why wouldn't do the same thing to every fisher in every competitive month? Would that be fair to all fishers who work so hard? Zubatt fished 51,000 fish in a single month to earn their prizes. Every fisher fishes extensively every month for the trophies they want to win. Would it be fair to prevent this in the regular monthly competitions?

AirTheFallen's Princess

Generous Friend

29,325 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Shirlox

Oh wow! thought I wouldn't make it to the list… but YAAY~ third!!!
Umm… i don't have a preference on what i want, but i guess for my prize, i'd like the Buckin' Bino fish ^ ^

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Dude, those captchas at the time weren't even funny.
I feel bad because I think that might be the only reason, I got any trophies/prizes at all. (I saw so many people give up after just one or two buckets, and I wanted to as well.)
I can't fish anymore, like that was just way too repetitive for me.
SOME DAY I WILL GET THAT ANGELIC ROD, but now is not the time... I'm still needing a break from July, like for real.
I know the captchas have been fixed; I hope it had something to do with this...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(this message i sent him like a day after he posted somewhere, GCD or SF? IIFC; to contact him if we need anything...as if i thought I'd get a reply!) BUT I DID. eek
Still in fan girl mode, sorry. But seriously, regardless of if my message had jack s**t to do with them changing. I cannot thank Lanzer and Codemonkey enough!

I think every person who got more than one trophy deserved it. Sorry to anyone who feels like that's unfair. Fish harder? Don't give up? With those passcodes and how much time and takes to fish in any of those lakes, they deserved it, IMO.
Even though they changed, if you still have the energy to fish after that...You deserve a metal, dude.
Seriously, congrats to everyONE of you who had put in the effort to get even one damn trophy, then. (and even now.) Staring at those same 3 lakes all ******** day, while entering some foreign satanic language was not my idea of a fun summer.

So, in conclusion to my mindless AD(H? i cant even remember which one i have.)D babbling...
Don't get jelly, get proactive. aka go fish. ahahahah get it? *cricket*

Shadowy Shade

Oh hey O: I wasn't expecting anything from this, but thanks!
"5th place: 500 medium OR small Port of Gambino fish of his or her choice, and 25,000,000 gold"

Can you just send roughly an equal amount for all the trout? 165ish of each?

Congratz everyone on their hard work! I havent been around much, but I miss everyone!

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Remedy Forgotten
Oh hey O: I wasn't expecting anything from this, but thanks!
"5th place: 500 medium OR small Port of Gambino fish of his or her choice, and 25,000,000 gold"

Can you just send roughly an equal amount for all the trout? 165ish of each?

Congratz everyone on their hard work! I havent been around much, but I miss everyone!
You can have 167 of 2 types of trout and 166 of 1 type of trout, any specific choice?

Etheziel's Husband

Sparkly Unicorn

Shirlox
Technically Zubatt could have won 4 Special Trophies had we not instigated the rule of 2 as a max per account.

It was completely up to them which 2 categories they chose to choose from their prizes, which in this case was Durem for 3rd place.

The gold amount for prizes were decided and agreed upon during when gold amounts were still going up. At the time, the gold amounts for the winners were very nice, however inflation has changed since this since the agreed upon prizes. Seeing as how everyone was winning something else besides the gold, it didn't come up in conversation to change the amounts (as far as I know).

EDIT: I'd like to ask then though if we'd limited 1 trophy to each person, why wouldn't do the same thing to every fisher in every competitive month? Would that be fair to all fishers who work so hard? Zubatt fished 51,000 fish in a single month to earn their prizes. Every fisher fishes extensively every month for the trophies they want to win. Would it be fair to prevent this in the regular monthly competitions?

My problem with Zubatt, is he's greedy just like those peacocking vendors, who have to have 10 angelic halos; he has to have as many trophies as he can get. Which is fine and all, I get that he needs to get a bunch of pixelated trophies to make himself feel good. The thing is, it really kills the want to compete when he seems to get a trophy every month. (But enough about him, I've already ignored him, and will not be talking about him further.)

If you're trying to say that 25,000,000 was a lot back in July, then I would beg to differ. I mean, it's a nice little bonus, but why wasn't it at least updated to match today's (or July's gold rate)? It almost seems like the tournament wasn't planned at all, and more likely just thrown out there.

To answer your final question:
This isn't the monthly tournaments though, this is the annual. The big, bad annual tournament that everyone looks forward to during the year. This is the tournament where a special trophy is given out once a year. Why would it make sense to allow fishers to win more than one? What to satisfy their ego? Sure I guess.

Let me ask you a question as well. Why would you only give them out to the top 3, why not the 5? It almost seems a bit unfair, as I highly doubt anyone is fishing for 500 of whatever fish or that laughable gold payout, the real prize is the trophy. Isn't that the real prize in fishing anyway?

In any case, gaia isn't what it used to be, nothing is worth anything anymore, it's overrun by vendors who wear artifacts of days gone by as a form of status, and things that used to be quested for are unobtainable because of those greedy individuals. The fact of the matter is, gaia isn't fun anymore, it's all too corporate and the magic of it all is gone.

And yet, I still log in because I believe in Gaia, I always will, until it all burns to the ground. It's all so sad, as the only thing I ever really did around here was fish, and though I am unable to fish due to a recent surgery, I still hang around the lakes and faithfully check the fishing forums for new fishers to help out.

And that is all I will be saying on this matter, as I have a lot of feels inside me right now, and would rather not do or say anything that could get me into trouble.

Regards,
Pwny Slaystation

Tiny Chum

35,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Shirlox

3 Candy Stripers for me emotion_yatta
and congratz to all emotion_hug

Quick Reply

Submit