Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
Shiletimis
Bria_Teragram
True enough. As much as I love to see involvement from the admin side in our beloved fishing, it also pains me to see it cater to a select group of people (students... in the USA, Canada is still in school in June). I just hope all fairness will allow this contest in July as well. Although seeing as how it's being titled the 'First' it's safe to assume this will be a regular thing. Imagine if they gave more notice next time. The scores will be ridiculous!

Nevertheless, I love this idea. I highly doubt I stand even the slightest chance, but I will definitely be trying... maybe... June 1st and 2nd are pretty much completely booked for me, lol.

The only problem is that based on the "Annual" I'm guessing it'll just happen every June. But I guess that gives me a year to see if I can work up enough vacation time to take a week off next June. rofl

But I think I might also try this out... This June starts and ends on the weekend which means I can try and at least pull off a huge start. rofl
Bria_Teragram

The only problem is that based on the "Annual" I'm guessing it'll just happen every June. But I guess that gives me a year to see if I can work up enough vacation time to take a week off next June. rofl

But I think I might also try this out... This June starts and ends on the weekend which means I can try and at least pull off a huge start. rofl
I would surely hope June isn't the month they pick. As far as I know the USA is the only major country that has a general summer break for school that begins in June. That being the case it's quite unfair. Granted I can't really complain on that end seeing as how a huge number of the major fishers in this community are now grown up and have full time jobs (I wish I was one of them /sadface, lol) so that doesn't really impact much. I can't even imagine what the scores will be like next year now that we can expect it to be annual.

In all honesty my biggest obstacle is that I may have to tell my boyfriend that I'm going to be neglecting him for an entire month, lol!

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
Shiletimis
Bria_Teragram

I would surely hope June isn't the month they pick. As far as I know the USA is the only major country that has a general summer break for school that begins in June. That being the case it's quite unfair. Granted I can't really complain on that end seeing as how a huge number of the major fishers in this community are now grown up and have full time jobs (I wish I was one of them /sadface, lol) so that doesn't really impact much. I can't even imagine what the scores will be like next year now that we can expect it to be annual.

In all honesty my biggest obstacle is that I may have to tell my boyfriend that I'm going to be neglecting him for an entire month, lol!

I get to tell my board gaming group that I'll be MIA for June. But I may end up just not fishing... since one of the couples the group is moving in June so I'm sure we'll probably be having lots of parties and stuff before they leave. sad
On a side note!

Thank you, Siskataya, and every one involved in this event for thinking about the fishing community. For a long time a small group of us have grown close hoping that something will happen to bring life back into what was once a massive breakthrough int he development of this website, being a game that we can play here. Ever since more recent games have been introduced fishing has felt a bit neglected. Although we could always see that it was never abandoned, nor ignored, it is very refreshing to see it get some involved attention. First we get the release of the Angelic rod, then the Angelic rod PLUS and a whole new stats page layout. Now we get (what is assumingly and hopefully) an annual event? I would be lying if I said I was expecting anything like this withing even the distant future. This is truly very exciting for all of us who love fishing here on Gaia!
Bria_Teragram

I get to tell my board gaming group that I'll be MIA for June. But I may end up just not fishing... since one of the couples the group is moving in June so I'm sure we'll probably be having lots of parties and stuff before they leave. sad
You know you're an extreme introvert when you are disappointed you can't spend a month in near solitude because other people want to spend time with you. LOL!

Generous Trader

12,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Bria_Teragram
Why couldn't Gaia do things like this when I was working less than 40 hours a week? (and still questing rares) u_u

And in the summer no less... no chance of getting anywhere close to top 3 with all the kids being out of school then. cat_crying

On the other side of things I think it would make more sense for the OA category to be just like regular OA... Cause then people in the top 3 at the lakes just have to pop off a bucket at each lake and then they will probably snag two spots if there isn't some sort of balance needed to win one of the OA spots.

I mean I know that if I had the time and thought I could pull it off, I'd probably just hack it out at Durem all month and then toss a bucket in Bassken and Gambino at the end to get all three lakes in. Cause then you could get a lot more out of it...

I mean half the fun of winning OA is getting that balance in there... So I'd hope they'd want to do something along those lines especially if they are going to give away 5 rare fish...

I guess if we get some more clarification about some of the things mentioned I might just dust off my bait and see what I can do... those 3000 F baits aren't going to fish themselves. cat_ninja

Yay brias back! Temporary xD, was wondering where you flew off to xD

High-functioning Abomination

24,900 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Winged 100
Too bad a suck at fishing. lol

Ruthless Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
The Dardy Sing
to be honest, I wish this event was happening this month! xD

But all the same, I'll give it another go I guess haha..
lol, go for it, which lake you thinking of?

Fashionable Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Dark Genissis
The Dardy Sing

not sure yet. im already sick of all the lakes xD

Ruthless Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
The Dardy Sing
Dark Genissis
The Dardy Sing

not sure yet. im already sick of all the lakes xD
hm.. if its for fish caught, id go for durem, specially cause of all the fish youd have left to sell, rares, and mask.

Durem Otaku

11,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
i just learned about this twisted
*waves to Bria*
this makes me nervous.. ninja
yall hope i get a job soon hehehe User Image

Green Fairy

27,450 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Shiletimis
On a side note!

Thank you, Siskataya, and every one involved in this event for thinking about the fishing community. For a long time a small group of us have grown close hoping that something will happen to bring life back into what was once a massive breakthrough int he development of this website, being a game that we can play here. Ever since more recent games have been introduced fishing has felt a bit neglected. Although we could always see that it was never abandoned, nor ignored, it is very refreshing to see it get some involved attention. First we get the release of the Angelic rod, then the Angelic rod PLUS and a whole new stats page layout. Now we get (what is assumingly and hopefully) an annual event? I would be lying if I said I was expecting anything like this withing even the distant future. This is truly very exciting for all of us who love fishing here on Gaia!

I second this! I was actually at the Gaia panel at ACen this last weekend, and when I filled out my survey, one of the questions was about what could be done to make the Gaia experience more enjoyable on a day-to-day basis for me personally, and without hesitation, in light of the recent issue with trophy delays (and the explanations behind those delays), as well as the fact it hasn't had an update for awhile, and little fiddly issues that have been mildly bugging me for ages and still haven't been fixed (such as the quote when you pull in a frozen rainbow trout being "Frozen Rainbow Trout" XD) I said "more attention to fishing". It is, after all, one of the things I keep coming back to the site for.

Then I got home and saw this, and was like "Well, that was fast!" XD

Having said that, if staff are interested in expanding on and updating fishing, I'm sure this community could provide plenty of suggestions... like one of Logan's remarks is wondering if there are other lakes out there, and in zOMG there's already conveniently a Gold Beach area and the Buccaneer Boardwalk... wink The "rare junk" discussion proves we've got some creative minds already invested in this game for further brainstorming new fish, items, and so on.

But I'm just glad that people got their trophies at last (hopefully the issues were all corrected? I didn't have a problem with my one trophy grant) and that they're trying something new with this contest, so that's just an "if". =)
Maybe I'll poke my head in fishing a bit next month so.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Shiletimis
On a side note!

Oh, you are welcome! Glad you are excited about it! I'd like to have it annually, if it turns out to be a fun thing for everyone. Perhaps if it goes really well, then maybe we can have a couple tournaments a year? Just mulling things over! Also, so everyone is aware, I know there will be some things to tweak with this contest - this usually happens the first time a detailed community event like this rolls out. Live and learn though, right? We can collectively think of ways to improve the tournament for the next time! I just hope everyone has fun biggrin

Hoarding Hoarder

siskataya
Shiletimis
On a side note!

Oh, you are welcome! Glad you are excited about it! I'd like to have it annually, if it turns out to be a fun thing for everyone. Perhaps if it goes really well, then maybe we can have a couple tournaments a year? Just mulling things over! Also, so everyone is aware, I know there will be some things to tweak with this contest - this usually happens the first time a detailed community event like this rolls out. Live and learn though, right? We can collectively think of ways to improve the tournament for the next time! I just hope everyone has fun biggrin

A second thanks from me too! I'm actually probably more pumped for this than the summer event and I'd love to see it more than once a year, maybe every few months or biannually. As for suggestions like everyone else said a junk contest would be nice too, perhaps maybe achievements for participating, although those would be nice for even just regular fishing. But like I said I can't wait and it's great to see fishing get more attention!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff