Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smitten Kitten

Captain Acacia
iExterminate
User Image

YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

I lost my Nanny to Alzheimer's about a month ago. She was in the last stage of it and it was amazing how rapid her mind deteriorated within the past year after Papaw died. It was really hard to watch and she always had this "just go" motive in her head, even when she was in the hospital after a massive stroke. It's a painful experience and I wished that nobody would ever have to suffer through it like I have and lots of other families in the world have. sad

Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that. //hugs tight

I appreciate your sharing your story- do you mind if I put it on the frontpage in the 'personal stories' section?

/hug
Yeah you can post it on the front page. I have to go to work now but I'll probably log on later tonight when I get off. <3

O.G. Ladykiller

Kirae Tsuki Uchiha

Yep.
And it's the mother load this time.

Hurts so bad, that I'm getting dizzy spells.
That's why I'm layin' in bed!

xd

That's never fun.

Maybe this will cheer you up?

O.G. Ladykiller

iExterminate
Captain Acacia
iExterminate
User Image

I lost my Nanny to Alzheimer's about a month ago. She was in the last stage of it and it was amazing how rapid her mind deteriorated within the past year after Papaw died. It was really hard to watch and she always had this "just go" motive in her head, even when she was in the hospital after a massive stroke. It's a painful experience and I wished that nobody would ever have to suffer through it like I have and lots of other families in the world have. sad

Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that. //hugs tight

I appreciate your sharing your story- do you mind if I put it on the frontpage in the 'personal stories' section?

/hug
Yeah you can post it on the front page. I have to go to work now but I'll probably log on later tonight when I get off. <3

Thank you.

Hope to see you later!

Ace Firestarter

Captain Acacia
That's never fun.

Maybe this will cheer you up?

OMG!!
rofl

That just made my day!!
Soo funny!!

I think the Denmark one is the funniest! xD

Thanks Captain!!
heart

Dapper Conversationalist

8,100 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
iExterminate
User ImageS t a t i c s a y s

Glad to see you joined the thread. <3
W e a r t h e l i l a c d a y- A l z h e i m e r s A w a r e n e s s - C o n t e s t s C h a t - User Image

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I wonder what they'd say in the Discworld? "The Librarian's gone surfing"?

Dapper Conversationalist

8,100 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Wear the Lilac Day

the pdf wont' open for me sad
W e a r t h e l i l a c d a y- A l z h e i m e r s A w a r e n e s s - C o n t e s t s C h a t - User Image

Devout Worshipper

I'm glad to see so many of my friends from different guilds and threads joining us here. smile I too loved the euphemisms Captain. "Granny's stuck in traffic"? LOL

Devout Worshipper

Captain Acacia

You obviously didn't see this post on the last page.

Shanra the Dragon Bard
Captain, would you like me to put together a picture of everyone who is either dressed in purple, or at least wearing the lilac? You would need to put something on the first page, and then for a few days, have something in the title, so people who have already started posting, would know to go read what you posted.

Smitten Kitten

User Image

Hey Shanra~
I saw the announcement in Outpost Gallifrey and since it hit so close to home I just had to post and I'll probably join too since it means a lot to me. o 3o

Devout Worshipper

I'm sorry it hits home dear, but we are glad to have you with us. My story is on the first page as well.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Wear the Lilac Day

Banner added to THE List of Charities and THE Christmas Charity. I don't have any lilacs, but here's all the purple I could find in my inventory. Good luck to everyone who participates!! biggrin

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
ooh, ooh, i made heart vote number 42 for this thread--do i win Life, the Universe & Everything?
4laugh

PS: any idea when new members' names will show up in the first post? sweatdrop

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
& for those who prefer little banners in their sigs,
i updated Deazy's banner from last year to link to this thread (it's in my signature)...

[url=http://bit.ly/lTDqIy] [img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/DZees/WeartheLilac.png[/img] [/url]

Dapper Conversationalist

8,100 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
rabbitinthemoon
ooh, ooh, i made heart vote number 42 for this thread--do i win Life, the Universe & Everything?
4laugh

PS: any idea when new members' names will show up in the first post? sweatdrop

Not a clue but Acacia seemed right on top of it. smile by the way welcome and your avi is fantastical.

THE Santa Claus
Wear the Lilac Day

Banner added to THE List of Charities and THE Christmas Charity. I don't have any lilacs, but here's all the purple I could find in my inventory. Good luck to everyone who participates!! biggrin

I LOVE YOUR THREAD. And thanks. smile

rabbitinthemoon
& for those who prefer little banners in their sigs,
i updated Deazy's banner from last year to link to this thread (it's in my signature)...

[url=http://bit.ly/lTDqIy] [img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/DZees/WeartheLilac.png[/img] [/url]

Pretty pretttty, dankeshön Shanra.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff