Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anir of Frize
I leave for a second and you all explode into a mayhem of speculation! D:

I'm not sure if Yemaya is actually an entity into Gaia itself since she is based off a real life goddess. Same as Apollo, Artemis, Hera and other Greek Gods not being actual gods of Gaia. The pantheon of the Veseti is very set, and unless the Gaian staff alludes to some more Gaian gods, the pantheon seems exclusive and containing only that of the present ones. Then again, Gaia is a very large world, and it was evidenced by the Otami Gods that there is more than one set of religions and deities in Gaia. And like someone mentioned before, leaves much room for crusades. Harharhar.

As for Yemaya, the same could be said of the Otami gods then, considering they actually belong to the Aztec/Mayan mythology veins ._. Or did I misunderstand you?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Anir of Frize
@Platonix:
D:< Don't apologize to that huffed and puffed up God of Summer, it is right to support Phrigustus~!
By the way, what god did you ever affiliate yourself to? You always seemed like an Eirmehz guy to me.
I've posted this before...during our discussions about the nature of the Veseti Tongue, Gaiata:

E Peais, E Nune, E Aette, E Fejo, Pejo, Tavac...Ej alte so-aisse fou aisa-aste a ete he-eco vacerua.
The Sun, The Moon, The Land, The Air, Fire, Ice...I am a man who cares about the balance of all of the elements of nature.

I make a conscious choice not to devote myself solely to any one of the individual Veseti. I do have some preferences, but they are my own business, as it would be against my philosophy to permit myself to act on them.
Salvaged Dusk

As for Yemaya, the same could be said of the Otami gods then, considering they actually belong to the Aztec/Mayan mythology veins ._. Or did I misunderstand you?

I was under the impression that the Otami Gods were an original creation on gaia's part albeit being based off the aztec god style. But Yemaya is based off a 'real' goddess.

@Platonix:
o_o
I see. I see.

Ej saite Peue Phrigustus. Ej setalle ne sivute, ej tare alse a ue-ej. Fepevue-eji!

So, what does the Veset Monastery have to say about this new event between B.O.O and S.I.N? Two demigods unleashed by the King of Halloween, one hellbent on releasing demons into Gaia and the other amassing an army to stop her.
Im surprised no one in here has started speculating about how the Veset ties into this tome of Gaia's past. Godlike beings and such~

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Veset hasn't said a lot about demi-gods and such yet, it's true, but bear in mind that only a third of our holy texts have been translated so far. Untranslated texts might have more to say about these beings who are less than gods but more than mortals. For example, if this savage time period ended with a cataclysmic event that greatly reduced the number of demigods, it might be described in the Book of Deicides. Then, too, the Book of Avatars is said to be heavier on legends and lore than on Veseti teachings, so there might be plenty about wars between demigods in there.

4,300 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Beta Consumer 0
is it to late to join? oh and you may want to update the links on the seconed page or tell one where to find a copy that works...

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
We're kind of in the process of renovating the Monastery. We're nearly done, but one last crucial step is proving difficult to complete.

4,300 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Beta Consumer 0
what is that?? i don't mind helping this is interesting to me i read all 400 something posts in one day...bleh...
Platonix
Veset hasn't said a lot about demi-gods and such yet, it's true, but bear in mind that only a third of our holy texts have been translated so far. Untranslated texts might have more to say about these beings who are less than gods but more than mortals. For example, if this savage time period ended with a cataclysmic event that greatly reduced the number of demigods, it might be described in the Book of Deicides. Then, too, the Book of Avatars is said to be heavier on legends and lore than on Veseti teachings, so there might be plenty about wars between demigods in there.

And our dear Seth Darkheart, is the one in possession of those holy texts and maintains one of the most intelligence on translation? We haven't seen him in quite some while, will the rest of the holy texts never be translated?
'ELLO MY OLD COCKERS!

Where's Seth 'den?

Ace Wolfman's Husband

Perfect Member

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
The Lunar Sash assures us that Veset isn't forgotten by Gaia.

"Wrap yourself in the night sky with the Lunar Sash. The mantle, scarf, and sash show twinkling stars against a dark blue background, while the pendant and Mark of Lunaris glow bright."

Hope for a Solar counterpart MC, and not a RIG item?

Timely Advisor

As soon as I saw the description I came here to confirm. =p
Aye. It may further be a sign that the gods will be making their appearances in the Gaian comics
I don't know if appearances would be right but the presence of them in another way would be fairly interesting.

On a side note, I'm suprised this topic is still alive, well semi

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces