Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veset Seminary
Taking obsession to the next level.

Congratulations, you found the Seminary. ^^ This post is going to be used by me and Uvrej Darkheart to spread the more arcane lore and knowledge of the Veseti.

The Veseti are most commonly referenced with the Holy Pantheon. I have compiled a short description of the meanings and philosophies behind this depiction of the gods, and the meanings of the various divisions and groupings that the gods split into. Unfortunately, the images contained within require me to only offer it in PDF format. Acrobat Reader is a free and useful tool for reading PDF files, available here.

Although most align themselves with one god, we are influenced by our alignments on all three Farai. This document details the differences of alignment in the three dimensions and what they mean. (Alignment icons here.)

The Veseti all have different tastes in how their worshippers should act, and so the Monastery is pleased to provide a basic guide to common practices which the followers of certain gods have been known to use in worship.

The most interesting story in the history of the Veseti is the tale of how Phrigustus and Vulcagni came to the pantheon. You've probably heard part of this history before, but few retell it accurately. I've done my best to compile a good and accurate story for you, and I hope it expands your knowledge of the Ovrui. ^^

The most holy of documents in the church is the Peuepialle, composed of Six Books of incredible value and wisdom. As we discover where they are in our as-yet-unorganized archive, we will post the transcribed contents here.

True knowledge of the Veseti cannot be accomplished by trying to understand them in our native tongue. We must learn THEIR tongue to be one with the Veseti. As I hope to allow all Gaians to one day become more in tune with Their wishes, I've started to compile a pair of documents that will allow you to learn the fundamentals of the Veseti tongue. Any questions regarding linguistics may be directed to me - Uvreji Darkheart is often busy, and as the language was gifted into our heads I still know not the extent of my own knowledge of it. If you need me to recall a word for you, I will happily write it down as the Veseti have told me it is written.

Fefet-si uvreastea. ^^
Finally.

Does this mean I have to give up my heathen religion of Triskism?
`dan
Finally.

Does this mean I have to give up my heathen religion of Triskism?
Nope. Veseta is an accepting and open-minded religion. XD

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
*Points to the discussion.* ninja
The urangutans, yaks, llamas, and other animals of sillyname (which are the standard sacrificialstuffs of Triskism) will be most displeased.
Ooh!

This will convert some of those noobish heathens out there.
XD

I kind of like all these threads that are popping up. Yeah Gaia will never be the real world, but it does give us some ground to stand on.
:/
Wow, this is beautiful. blaugh Well done!

I've always been facinated by the so-called mythology of Gaia. In a Gaia fanfic of mine I had one of the characters mention Apollus...which makes me wonder, are any of the NPCs followers of the Veset Monestary? Or have they forgotten the old ways? Hmm...

Soyeah, I dunno if I'll actually subscribe to any of these...uh..."denominations"...but you have my support! ^_^
I'm glad someone finally compiled all the data. 3nodding Nicely done, Seth.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Robyn Red
Wow, this is beautiful. blaugh Well done!

I've always been facinated by the so-called mythology of Gaia. In a Gaia fanfic of mine I had one of the characters mention Apollus...which makes me wonder, are any of the NPCs followers of the Veset Monestary? Or have they forgotten the old ways? Hmm...

Soyeah, I dunno if I'll actually subscribe to any of these...uh..."denominations"...but you have my support! ^_^

I think that many of the NPCs have the startings of being followers of the Veset and could easily be affiliated with them, but that they don't actually worship any of the Gods actively.

One could argue that Sasha, who always wears bright colours, would be a follower of Apollus, whilst Moira and Edmund were followers of Lunaris, for example. Gambino's bulky appearance might give the impression that he's a member of Phri Gustus League, but he's far too violent, pushing him more towards the Vulcagns. 3nodding
Televangelist needed to spread The Word? ^_^
=O How cool?

Extremely cool
Muhahaha.I worship Phrigustus. ninja
And the first.BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!
Sounds good. I worship... there's no god of sexiness ... Apollus, I guess. In fact, how about I just be one of those guys who worships all the gods when it suits him, but is really not particularly genuine and will probably get himself smited someday soon.
Mr. Compatible
Sounds good. I worship... there's no god of sexiness ... Apollus, I guess. In fact, how about I just be one of those guys who worships all the gods when it suits him, but is really not particularly genuine and will probably get himself smited someday soon.
Lunaris would be the god of sexiness. ^^ Goddess, rather. Goddess of night, of love, of emotion.
TriskDaemon
Mr. Compatible
Lunaris would be the god of sexiness. ^^ Goddess, rather. Goddess of night, of love, of emotion.

Of course. And she's female, which suits my tastes quite nicely. And I'm about as pale as they come. Lunaris it is!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff