Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hopeful Girl

Minor Arcana has put a stall because they don't want to be "thrown in" with the MASS anons happening in Pie Hard. 3nodding

Partying Smoker

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Partygoer 500
Ahh...I hadn't thought about that.

Hopeful Girl

Yeah. People have been complaining about how it's getting outta hand how people are practically begging now. So, they are sitting out until then.

At least, that's how I see it. 3nodding
teacup mouse
Guess things are at a lull with the 4th of July.

I COULD PROVIDE SCRAPS FROM THE ORIGINAL DESIGNS TO ENTERTAIN YOU WHILE YOU WAIT.

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

That's understandable. :3 How long is this event going, again?

Red Christmas: That sounds interesting. surprised

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

Ooh, update!

"Her desperation cut deep into the side of the wall lodging itself into whatever unfortunate thing lingered on the other side. "

I love that line. The whole thing about Nine... I thought it was funny he always seemed in shadow, but I never actually gave too much thought about it. Well then.

Dapper Gekko

Quote:

Once upon a time there was a beautiful goddess who fell in love with a heroic elf. Betrayed by her fellow goddesses after giving away the Hand of Fate she was killed. When he returned he found her dead and as he lay next to her, was stained by her blood. These are the dark elves.

But there was something else, something else blessed by the goddess of fate and stained by her blood in the final moments. The mermaids gave it to the Two of Swords as she spent her time with them. It was a beautiful gold ornament delicately crafted to look like a butterfly, a hair thing or perhaps a mere trinket.

But it wasn't just a mere trinket. The Two of Swords was warned that without it the Hand of Fate could never truly be used. It had to be used by the right person though, someone blessed by the goddess.

The Two of Swords stood on a building in Durem, high buildings like this gave better sight of the rats of the underworld below. Born and bred in Durem she knew these streets better than most. It was from them she learned to trust no one.

Seven of Wands said not to trust Nine.

She didn't want to think about it, she heard about Nine through reliable sources.

But even reliable sources could be given planted information. That's why she was looking to Kuro, if she could give him a key to making himself immortal maybe Gino could be spared, maybe.....

Movement below, the Two of Swords suddenly hunched down so that she wouldn't cast a shadow. Finally, a Kuro gang member, this alley was their territory so unless this idiot was looking for a fight he was part of their group.

Following on the tops of the buildings would be the easiest way not to attract attention. That is, as long as this wasn't Cordell or some other elf with half a brain.

A twist to the left almost sent her over the edge, she gave it a good jump but the buildings were too far away from each other. It was instincts that made her cry out as she grappled with brick. One hand fell two her side as she quickly drew her sword and slammed it into the building. Her desperation cut deep into the side of the wall lodging itself into whatever unfortunate thing lingered on the other side.

That's the second time I've fallen this month.

She wouldn't think about it, she had a job to do. It was her duty to protect Gino Gambino and if falling off a cliff or a building was part of the job description then she would do it countless times.

The ground wasn't that far away now that she saw what was below her, she could easily swing to the fire escape two stories below. Swinging so that she would pull away her passionate sword she landed with as much noise as possible.

Her quarry was probably gone by now, but if he heard her she wouldn't have to wait long before she was surrounded by dark elves. Element of surprise would be useless now so she dropped down to the first level.

Suddenly she was seized from behind a shadowy arm wrapped around her waist and eyes.

How could I not see them?

But it was a familiar voice that spoke levelly in her ear.

&It puzzles me as why you are here Two.&

The Two of Swords relaxed her white knuckled grip on her hilt. When the Nine of Swords let go of her she straightened up and faced him.

&Seven told me not to trust you.&

The Nine of Pentacles did not have an easy face to read, but she noticed as he pulled away a sign of a crescent moon. The sign on the vampires gloves that gave them the ability to walk in the daylight.

&You're one of them?&

Nine pulled a fist, &No Two of Swords, I am not.&

&Then what are you?&

&That's not important, what are you going to do with that?& The Nine of Pentacles spoke of the butterfly shaped trinket in her hair.

&I'll give it to the dark elves it was theirs in the first place right?&

&That is a foolish thing to do.&

&Why should I trust you?&

The Nine of Pentacles smiled that usual grin, &You're right, I lied to you. I have a higher power working for me as well. He is the King of Pentacles. He controls me and my intentions.&

The Two of Swords took a step back, &What?&

&I am his shadow, why do you think I look like this?& He spread his arms and his white grin grew larger. &But you can't take it to the Dark Elves, I lied about that story as well. The dark elf killed the goddess of fate and was stained by her blood at order of her sister. One half of the Hand of Fate was stolen by the dark elf, while the other stayed with her. That half was useless to all who came after the dark elf, as they didn't have the pure blood of the goddess within them. That trinket you have in your luxurious hair is stained with her blood as well. You would be giving my master and Kuro the means to kill Gino.&

&You were after him the entire time.& The Two of Swords registered the betrayal on her face.

&Ah, finally some emotion from the usual calm Two of Swords.& The Nine of Pentacles sighed, &For now I will tell you, if you kill the King of Pentacles you will succeed in destroying your enemies.&

&Where is he?&

The Nine of Pentacles admired her for her headstrong behavior no asking of who only where, &He is on Dref Dur with his underlings.&

The Two of Swords turned to leave but the Nine of Pentacles shouted after her, &Remember Two, Seven works for him as well. It would be a terrible thing to have to kill her to save your beloved Gino.&

He was treated to a face of frustration, he tasted it perfectly satisfied Nine faded as a new sun began to peek over the horizon.

Sadly I don't have time to read it over right now, but I will in a bit!!

Partying Smoker

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Partygoer 500
Yay, update. Now to sit and read it again smile

Hopeful Girl

I stand corrected. Lol.

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Has anyone else not been getting their updates?

Hopeful Girl

Noxious Weed
What do you mean? eek

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Odd Cinderella
Noxious Weed
What do you mean? eek

Like, I haven't been getting any of these posts. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem...

Hopeful Girl

Noxious Weed
Odd Cinderella
Noxious Weed
What do you mean? eek

Like, I haven't been getting any of these posts. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem...
I got my share of the story. 3nodding I wonder what happened to you? Maybe those who don't keep up with the plotline and fall out get kicked out? We started with a lot and now we've been dwindling down because maybe people have forgotten about this. neutral

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Odd Cinderella
I got my share of the story. 3nodding I wonder what happened to you? Maybe those who don't keep up with the plotline and fall out get kicked out? We started with a lot and now we've been dwindling down because maybe people have forgotten about this. neutral

Ah okay, I'll ask Red what I missed.

Hopeful Girl

Noxious Weed
Odd Cinderella

Ah okay, I'll ask Red what I missed.
You can. You were the one who wanted to go straight to the source instead of playing along, right? sweatdrop

I remember someone wanted to. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces