Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mods, if you feel the need to move this, go right ahead. 3nodding

This whole thing was inspired by the "Wow, it's been 10 minutes and I've already annoyed 2 people" thread. 3nodding

Well with the new feature at the bottom of the 'Community' page, telling who is a new member, I decided to try that out and see what I got. Because there were hilarious stories about other people getting stuff from other people. I wanted to try it. 8D Also, this experiment shows how 'friendly' Gaia really is. 3nodding

So BAM! This account was made. :3
Spoon dispenser at bottom of post.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to tell you who we were. I'm Daski-chan (Experimenting with Deruku-kun) and I'll be working with Drake M. Satan. and AstraKiseki on this experiment.

This is going to be a 2 day experiment.

Day 1 - Male Account by Daski-chan

4:39 PM EST - Well I made le account. Fun! I can't wait to run around on this. I better get myself a trading pass. x_x;

4:49 PM EST - Wow~I got a Friendslist request and a PM. So I accepted and responded to the PM - acting like I knew really nothing about the site.

This is what I got back -

Name with-held
Deruku-kun
Name with-held
hey wanna be friends?

Well I guess so, since I really don't know anybody on this website. Thank you for the friendslist request.

, np and whats your a/s/l/and name/ and are you singel?

xDDDD. I deleted the PM and sent the user to my ignored list. I really don't like being asked the question 'a/s/l'. It's like...invading your privacy.

5:27 PM EST - I headed into towns (5 01000), and into the CB. I keep getting ignored in Towns - I tried pathetic pick-ups lines just to see how people would react. The girl just ignored me and ran off.

5:50 PM EST - I'm now talking to a girl and she asked my name. So I'm 'Mark' xDD. She's 12 and been playing Gaia for a year. I'm Mark, and I'm 13. (Not really, just wait until she finds out. xD)

7:27 PM EST - Well I'm heading off now. Alright guys~Checking in tomorrow. Until then, keep on reading! wink

-End Day 1 for Daski-chan's Male Account-

-Day 2 -Last day

1:19 PM EST - Well I just logged in, and I realized something. This experiment would only work for only one day, why? Because you really aren't a newbie at the 2nd day...>>; So this is Daski-chan, signing off for good~

Day 1 - Male Account - by Drake M. Satan.

5:18 PM EST - Got the information - account name Bobby5675.

5:35 PM EST - Update. First PM as a newbie -
[ Winter-Gust ]
Bobby5675
[ Winter-Gust ]
Bobby5675
[ Winter-Gust ]

Hmhm? ^^
Well thank You ^^
People In GAIA loves it when you are literate ^^
Try To avoid using 'l8' -- Just type in -- 'Late' ^^
Thank You For the Compliment ^^
You too Can be Just like me ^^

Can I have ur staff?

Nope ^^ Sorry ^^
You gotta work for it ^^
The Staff Is Worth 90000 ^^
So i only give it to people that really do work hard ^^

Gosh don't be such a pecker. Go away stop harassing me.

Oki Then ^^
Bye 3nodding have Fun! ^^

5:57 PM EST - Bobby is heading into towns.

--------

Spoon Dispenser -

What do you think of the new thingy showing who just joined Gaia?
Have you done something like this?
If so, what did you get from other people? (PMs, friendslists, etc..)
If not, will you consider doing this as well for laughs?
How do you treat new members?

Raider

I've never done that. But when I make a new mule, I get tons of those.

I'd like to post stalk a newbie and see what they do after they join. xd Then come back like a year later and see how much Gaia has grown on them.

Too bad I don't have the patience for that. D:
WhyLiiL
I've never done that. But when I make a new mule, I get tons of those.

I'd like to post stalk a newbie and see what they do after they join. xd Then come back like a year later and see how much Gaia has grown on them.

Too bad I don't have the patience for that. D:

XD Most of my mules just later become main accounts. >>; I think this one will always stay a mule. Dx;
You should make a female mule too and compare the pm's you get.

I think the new user thing is good because it means anyone who's feeling generous can help the new users but bad because generally you can't tell who is new and who's just a mule.
I got welcome pm's when I made a mule which was very sweet but I just told them it was a mule account and then turned off my friendlist requests and pm's.
I Did the same exact thing you did.
I got a PM from a girl saying "hey wanna be friends or maybe BF/GF".
I ignored her after that.
You should make a mule with a clever/funny name and see what kind of PMs you get. 3nodding
~Vampire Louis~

I think the new user thing is good because it means anyone who's feeling generous can help the new users but bad because generally you can't tell who is new and who's just a mule.
I got welcome pm's when I made a mule which was very sweet but I just told them it was a mule account and then turned off my friendlist requests and pm's.

Or I could recruit someone to join me with this! : D
If anybody has the paitence. Dx;;

As for your mule thing, that's nice that people gave you welcome to Gaia Pms and such. :33

Spirit - xDD
Yeah people are scary on Gaia gonk
Princess Tinkle
You should make a mule with a clever/funny name and see what kind of PMs you get. 3nodding

Like what? D; I'm so unoriginal with names. I got out a translator and just took the word for 'Dark' and translated it. Dx;;;
Deruku-kun
~Vampire Louis~

As for your mule thing, that's nice that people gave you welcome to Gaia Pms and such. :33

Spirit - xDD

I'll do it.
I made a mule for the exact same reason, well not because of that thread, It's fun to mess with others :'D heart
I got a few hilarious PMs when I dressed the mule up in expensive items and said that Friendly people gave them to me xD;;
I would like to help too. xd Could be fun, walking around as 'Correct Useage Slut.'
Drake M. Satan.
Deruku-kun
~Vampire Louis~

Spirit - xDD

I'll do it.

Well you're my new partner in crime! Be sure to tell me whatever PMs or anything you get!
Deruku-kun
~Vampire Louis~

Spirit - xDD

Yes it was nice that there were some very Gaians being nice to new users, a lot see newbie clothing and wouldn't give them the time of day. I did feel sort-of guilty though seeing as they had no idea it was a mule account until I told them, and even then I had to explain what that was to some of them. sweatdrop
Deruku-kun
Princess Tinkle

Like what? D; I'm so unoriginal with names. I got out a translator and just took the word for 'Dark' and translated it. Dx;;;

The Male Bride.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces