• Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

They closed them a few years ago... I'm not sure when. I went on hiatus for a while and when I came back, they were gone.

lols i totally called zomg's perma shut down its the same thing that has happened to all of the gaia games they release they give a bs reason why they need to "temporaily " shut it down then no one hears any thing for months and then the next thing that happens is we hear they are "trying to update the game" then we hear nothing for more months and then bam an announcement saying "sorry we closed this game for ever (insert stupid reason why they shut it down and make up bs lies) (insert 1 of the following effects 1. game is replaced with something that costs gaia cash 2. game is replaced with a game that costs large amounts of gold to play 3 game is never replaced and an expensive item goes to a select number of users who were constant game players 4. game is never replaced and no item is given 5 game never replaced and a crap item worth no more than 2-10k is given to all who click the link within a few days or hours of the link being active)

thats what happened to zomg soul crush monster galaxy there are many others this happened to

I wouldn't call major security holes a "BS reason." Knowing when zOMG was created, it's really possible they aren't lying this time. There's always a chance that they are (I mean, there was a whole post where they lied about zOMG a while back and one of the developers posted right after saying it was a lie and line by line disproving it), but this time, if they're lying it's a believable excuse.

I'm a programmer IRL, so I've seen what happens when a code base falls into disrepair. With Gaia neglecting zOMG for so long, it would be really easy to miss the hole for a long time and when you bring in (probably) new people, they look at the messy mass of code and can't make heads or tails of it if it's not organized, commented, or documented well (and with Gaia, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't documented). Even if you bring back the "expert" who made the whole thing under the same conditions... it's a bit like not taking geometry for 5 years and then someone asking you to, without google, prove that two triangles are proportionate: You might be able to figure it out if you stare at it long enough but the likelihood is slim.

So I think I'm going to believe Gaia on this one, if only because the thought of them lying on this is heartbreaking. That, and saying they had a vulnerability like that is just asking for hackers to start searching for more vulnerabilities like it, so lying about it makes no sense unless they're stupid.

i understand completely im also a programer and i hate going back to look at old projects i cant make heads or tails of any thing with out looking at it for a couple weeks trying to decipher why i did this or that but they have had so many games they got rid of for "security reasons" or for other companies dropping gaia or other crap about how they plan on bringing it back then saying that it cant exist any more

every gaia game that ever gets shut down "temporaily" always gets perma shut down with in no more than 3-6 months of not being up and running cause they are no longer making any money off it thats how sad and pathetic gaia admins are they only fix something if it makes them money or if its not going to take a bunch of time im sure if they would have taken the rediculas amount of time to fix zomg the users would have been happier than getting a stupid sdplus doll and no idea if the other resources in the game such as rings and powerups are going to be useful at all or if they will just be wasted code

Good point. It's a shame they closed down zOMG. I think the users would've been happier if they had said, "Hey, we can't salvage the old one, but we're going to make a new one and see if we can't transfer your data over. It might not look or feel exactly the same, but..."

I'm waiting for them to throw out puzzles and word bump too... emo

im surpirsed they havent just made gold gain impossible unless you payed for gold for a direct transfer or payed for items to make gold gain possible
like im seriously waiting for the day when they go all gold gain for every account will no longer be avaible unless you get it from the daily chance or pay a 20 dollar fee after paying a 20 dollar fee all aspects that have the potential to earn gold will work for only one month then you must pay again

its only a matter of time before that happens then they take away every orginal feature of gaia and never replace them with any thing

as far as i can tell i have beta tested every game gaia has put out to the public except for a few in the first couple years as i wasnt a memeber yet but every game gets deleted after no more than a year or so zomg was the only one that went so long cause it was unique and quirky and easy to play or farm and people had fun in the game

if they ever make a zomg game that is playable again it will most definately be avaible for those in club verge or other gaia cash paying people and most of us probally will never hear of the feature

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

They closed them a few years ago... I'm not sure when. I went on hiatus for a while and when I came back, they were gone.

lols i totally called zomg's perma shut down its the same thing that has happened to all of the gaia games they release they give a bs reason why they need to "temporaily " shut it down then no one hears any thing for months and then the next thing that happens is we hear they are "trying to update the game" then we hear nothing for more months and then bam an announcement saying "sorry we closed this game for ever (insert stupid reason why they shut it down and make up bs lies) (insert 1 of the following effects 1. game is replaced with something that costs gaia cash 2. game is replaced with a game that costs large amounts of gold to play 3 game is never replaced and an expensive item goes to a select number of users who were constant game players 4. game is never replaced and no item is given 5 game never replaced and a crap item worth no more than 2-10k is given to all who click the link within a few days or hours of the link being active)

thats what happened to zomg soul crush monster galaxy there are many others this happened to

I wouldn't call major security holes a "BS reason." Knowing when zOMG was created, it's really possible they aren't lying this time. There's always a chance that they are (I mean, there was a whole post where they lied about zOMG a while back and one of the developers posted right after saying it was a lie and line by line disproving it), but this time, if they're lying it's a believable excuse.

I'm a programmer IRL, so I've seen what happens when a code base falls into disrepair. With Gaia neglecting zOMG for so long, it would be really easy to miss the hole for a long time and when you bring in (probably) new people, they look at the messy mass of code and can't make heads or tails of it if it's not organized, commented, or documented well (and with Gaia, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't documented). Even if you bring back the "expert" who made the whole thing under the same conditions... it's a bit like not taking geometry for 5 years and then someone asking you to, without google, prove that two triangles are proportionate: You might be able to figure it out if you stare at it long enough but the likelihood is slim.

So I think I'm going to believe Gaia on this one, if only because the thought of them lying on this is heartbreaking. That, and saying they had a vulnerability like that is just asking for hackers to start searching for more vulnerabilities like it, so lying about it makes no sense unless they're stupid.

i understand completely im also a programer and i hate going back to look at old projects i cant make heads or tails of any thing with out looking at it for a couple weeks trying to decipher why i did this or that but they have had so many games they got rid of for "security reasons" or for other companies dropping gaia or other crap about how they plan on bringing it back then saying that it cant exist any more

every gaia game that ever gets shut down "temporaily" always gets perma shut down with in no more than 3-6 months of not being up and running cause they are no longer making any money off it thats how sad and pathetic gaia admins are they only fix something if it makes them money or if its not going to take a bunch of time im sure if they would have taken the rediculas amount of time to fix zomg the users would have been happier than getting a stupid sdplus doll and no idea if the other resources in the game such as rings and powerups are going to be useful at all or if they will just be wasted code

Good point. It's a shame they closed down zOMG. I think the users would've been happier if they had said, "Hey, we can't salvage the old one, but we're going to make a new one and see if we can't transfer your data over. It might not look or feel exactly the same, but..."

im surpirsed they havent just made gold gain impossible unless you payed for gold for a direct transfer or payed for items to make gold gain possible
like im seriously waiting for the day when they go all gold gain for every account will no longer be avaible unless you get it from the daily chance or pay a 20 dollar fee after paying a 20 dollar fee all aspects that have the potential to earn gold will work for only one month then you must pay again

its only a matter of time before that happens then they take away every orginal feature of gaia and never replace them with any thing

as far as i can tell i have beta tested every game gaia has put out to the public except for a few in the first couple years as i wasnt a memeber yet but every game gets deleted after no more than a year or so zomg was the only one that went so long cause it was unique and quirky and easy to play or farm and people had fun in the game

if they ever make a zomg game that is playable again it will most definately be avaible for those in club verge or other gaia cash paying people and most of us probally will never hear of the feature

It's a shame, but yeah. I think they would just make it a pay to play feature... emo

I know the zOMG developers went off and did they're own game. I don't remember the game. I played it for a while, but like most MMOs, I lost interest and dropped off the face of the planet... sweatdrop

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
sgt.Frosty
Kreiystahl
sgt.Frosty
Kreiystahl
sgt.Frosty
Kreiystahl
confused
Hello guys and dolls. Not certain how long I will have internet use. Missed you All!
familiar people! *hugs* mrgreen
Great to see you, hugs cat_smile .

good to see some people still manage to drop by old threads. anything new with you?

I have only been around the last couple days.

well I don't necessarily mean online. but in a nutshell for me, got a degree in graphic design now, and i'm stuck at a crappy job.

For me,just in and out of hospital. Mostly medical stuff.And living with no internet, giai closed my thread

Brainy Mage

*drifts back in*
Got some more schtuffs off my wishlist lol

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

It's a shame, but yeah. I think they would just make it a pay to play feature... emo

I know the zOMG developers went off and did they're own game. I don't remember the game. I played it for a while, but like most MMOs, I lost interest and dropped off the face of the planet... sweatdrop

dam i kind of want to play that game now wish they would let us know when cool things that gaia devs did when they werent working for gaia

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

dam i kind of want to play that game now wish they would let us know when cool things that gaia devs did when they werent working for gaia

It was spread all over the zOMG forums by word of mouth for a while there. I believe it was called "Crystal Saga."

*looks it up* Wow, it still exists. That's definitely the one. Here's the URL: http://cs.r2games.com/

Brainy Mage

*in a corner, reading a book and sipping my coffee*

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

It was spread all over the zOMG forums by word of mouth for a while there. I believe it was called "Crystal Saga."

*looks it up* Wow, it still exists. That's definitely the one. Here's the URL: http://cs.r2games.com/

sweet im totally going to play the game thanks for the url i may not have been online in zomg as i stopped playing for a while and when i came back they had added the weird blood necklace that required gaia cash to get i played a bit and then eventually they made the extra area in deadmans pass free to all and i thought that was crap for those who got the amulet with gc i quit zomg agian and came back around 2010

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

sweet im totally going to play the game thanks for the url i may not have been online in zomg as i stopped playing for a while and when i came back they had added the weird blood necklace that required gaia cash to get i played a bit and then eventually they made the extra area in deadmans pass free to all and i thought that was crap for those who got the amulet with gc i quit zomg agian and came back around 2010

I was okay with the "firsties" kind of thing with the amulet and Deadmans Pass. It was a bit expensive, though, and I think there was a limited number... I actually got in for free because a friend and I entered a zOMG race a user had put on and won. xd

I didn't go into Deadmans Pass much, though. The crew I would do it with the first few times who were willing to help me quit the site after a while and no one else would take me...

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

I was okay with the "firsties" kind of thing with the amulet and Deadmans Pass. It was a bit expensive, though, and I think there was a limited number... I actually got in for free because a friend and I entered a zOMG race a user had put on and won. xd

I didn't go into Deadmans Pass much, though. The crew I would do it with the first few times who were willing to help me quit the site after a while and no one else would take me...

i fought and farmed the omgwtf monster but i never went into the main part of the dead mans pass due to the fact that i only had a small set of rings that were 10. and that was the only way to get more shadow orbs to go above level 10 i used the following rings in order by hot key from 1-8
mantis defibilator diagnoise band aide hunters bow wish healing halo divinity
it was great cause with that combo i could solo all the bosses except the end game boss in gold beach
i was able to solo on hard for most things it was more profitable to have a full group though

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

HEY ANY ONE KNOW WHEN ELVING STARTS SINCE ITS WINTER
IF SO QUOTE ME WITH A LINK I HAVE BEEN SAVING GOLD FOR DONATING TO YOU ALL

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

i fought and farmed the omgwtf monster but i never went into the main part of the dead mans pass due to the fact that i only had a small set of rings that were 10. and that was the only way to get more shadow orbs to go above level 10 i used the following rings in order by hot key from 1-8
it was great cause with that combo i could solo all the bosses except the end game boss in gold beach
i was able to solo on hard for most things it was more profitable to have a full group though

I loved to smob and smeb. I hated leading, but I loved doing that.

Deadmans Pass was too complicated in comparison. I just couldn't get into it.

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

i could barely run smob/smeb as most computers couldnt handle it and most of the time i had to use a different ring set than the one i wanted i hated changing rings
deadmans pass was super easy all you had to do was enter then used ranged weapons to take out the snakes that are right there targeting one at a time then when close use melee weapons on them then after you kill one you use healing and or wait for the poison then go after the next one till you had taken the four out then go to next area and take out four more with the same method and repeat till you came to an inter section if you went up you could take on some boot snakes then click on the graveyard to get the first omg to appear there was a side section that had 2 boot snakes and a upper section that had advanced version of the boot snakes that dropped better stuff while fighting the advanced boot snakes the omg from touching the graveyard would appear along with a strong purse bat then you would go back the way you came back to that intersection and you would go straight instead of up and you would come to an open area use ranged attacks to draw the basic purse bats to you then use melle to take them down occasionally healing as you go and resting for stamina then take out the snakes that are in that open are and yet again you have a choice go towards the boss of the area or go get more stuff i always wnet and got more stuff this is also where the cow is iat you follow this narrow path but beware purse bats will come at you once you go a small amount in on each section and boot snakes will try to come from behind you kill them move on then decide do you want to do the shadow orb stuff(not recomended for any one who doesnt have a party of 6 with every one at cl 10) or fight the omgwtf monster i always fight the monster and leave there was a box to the right of the vampire twins that had a bunch of ranomd gold/orbs and stuff pretty much the same as the grab bag we have now after grabbing the box of stuff use ranged attacks to bring a super strong purse bat towards you and kill it then go back to the open area and go up the stairs stopping occasionally to kill weak purse bats in pairs and they run after you drop them to half hp then once you are fully up the stairs head to the back area and kill the omgs thn wait as omfg and 2 boot snakes appear kill them then head back pausing at every couple of feet to kill the omgs that show up from behind you then you get to an area with 4 omfgs kill the closest with out moving and then use ranged to bring the others to you one at a time and then kill then rest and re buff before moving on then move up moving up will show 4 purse bats do not approach them use ranged to kill them all then make sure you have max rage on your meelee friendsapproach the gates and wait for the red message of creepy sounds then go to the top corner of the map and use ranged to quickly whittle down the hp of the omgs and the omfgs and kneeling for hp and stamina in between each wave then when the omfgwtf monster appears use ranged then when its about half way to you charge it use your max range on your melee weapon to do massive damage on the omfgwtf monster and then heal at every other attack untill its dead on hard i would have only 2 hp left when soloing the boss monster then exit and repeat for farming abilities becareful wondering snake boots might appear and omfgs might appear as well i never went after shadow orbs as i didnt have a good set of rings at max level and i could only switch one ring per day i was farming so i coulod get max cl on all rings so i could get shadow orbs and find the max level of my character

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

i could barely run smob/smeb as most computers couldnt handle it and most of the time i had to use a different ring set than the one i wanted i hated changing rings
deadmans pass was super easy all you had to do was enter then used ranged weapons to take out the snakes that are right there targeting one at a time then when close use melee weapons on them then after you kill one you use healing and or wait for the poison then go after the next one till you had taken the four out then go to next area and take out four more with the same method and repeat till you came to an inter section if you went up you could take on some boot snakes then click on the graveyard to get the first omg to appear there was a side section that had 2 boot snakes and a upper section that had advanced version of the boot snakes that dropped better stuff while fighting the advanced boot snakes the omg from touching the graveyard would appear along with a strong purse bat then you would go back the way you came back to that intersection and you would go straight instead of up and you would come to an open area use ranged attacks to draw the basic purse bats to you then use melle to take them down occasionally healing as you go and resting for stamina then take out the snakes that are in that open are and yet again you have a choice go towards the boss of the area or go get more stuff i always wnet and got more stuff this is also where the cow is iat you follow this narrow path but beware purse bats will come at you once you go a small amount in on each section and boot snakes will try to come from behind you kill them move on then decide do you want to do the shadow orb stuff(not recomended for any one who doesnt have a party of 6 with every one at cl 10) or fight the omgwtf monster i always fight the monster and leave there was a box to the right of the vampire twins that had a bunch of ranomd gold/orbs and stuff pretty much the same as the grab bag we have now after grabbing the box of stuff use ranged attacks to bring a super strong purse bat towards you and kill it then go back to the open area and go up the stairs stopping occasionally to kill weak purse bats in pairs and they run after you drop them to half hp then once you are fully up the stairs head to the back area and kill the omgs thn wait as omfg and 2 boot snakes appear kill them then head back pausing at every couple of feet to kill the omgs that show up from behind you then you get to an area with 4 omfgs kill the closest with out moving and then use ranged to bring the others to you one at a time and then kill then rest and re buff before moving on then move up moving up will show 4 purse bats do not approach them use ranged to kill them all then make sure you have max rage on your meelee friendsapproach the gates and wait for the red message of creepy sounds then go to the top corner of the map and use ranged to quickly whittle down the hp of the omgs and the omfgs and kneeling for hp and stamina in between each wave then when the omfgwtf monster appears use ranged then when its about half way to you charge it use your max range on your melee weapon to do massive damage on the omfgwtf monster and then heal at every other attack untill its dead on hard i would have only 2 hp left when soloing the boss monster then exit and repeat for farming abilities becareful wondering snake boots might appear and omfgs might appear as well i never went after shadow orbs as i didnt have a good set of rings at max level and i could only switch one ring per day i was farming so i coulod get max cl on all rings so i could get shadow orbs and find the max level of my character

Ah, I meant Deadmans' Shadow. I always get the two mixed up since their names are so similar sweatdrop

I used to do some of the Deadman's Pass, but I didn't like it at much as the Kokeshi, Saws, or smobbing. I loved opening the chests in smobbing ^^

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

]

Ah, I meant Deadmans' Shadow. I always get the two mixed up since their names are so similar sweatdrop

I used to do some of the Deadman's Pass, but I didn't like it at much as the Kokeshi, Saws, or smobbing. I loved opening the chests in smobbing ^^

yeah i couldnt do the deadmans shadow for the shadow orbs i was working on getting rings high enough for dead mans shadow and for smobbing and smebing

my problem is that no one wanted to do those with out every one having a different ring set with no multiples unless it was defib but they all required at least level 7 but preferably level 10 rings and i never got all my rings fully upgraded i have all of them except the one that was a gaia cash only it was the heart ring or something like that

i was farming orbs so i could have them all at cl 10 i liked fighting the sand castle boss that was fun or the wolf queen pretty much i just did mostly boss fights for the fun of it and for orb farming

the best part was playing the hive with every one having maxed out rings and getting great amounts of gold and orbs and items and ring drops was the best ever for gold farming

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff