• Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

Sadly, when I was newer, i was afraid to say "no" to a friend request and ended up with a lot of people on my friends list that I refer to as "friend collectors" (you know, the "Oh! I saw you in the forum once! I didn't talk to you, but I liked your avi! *friends*" kind of people?)

I wouldn't delete the ones I actually know or talked to.

when i was new i refused all friend requests that were from people i knew irl but after a while i found a couple friends and i talked with them through gaia's im thing(idk if that feature is still around but was awesome as time spent chatting granted gold) anyway i talked on the im with one friend but was having trouble getting gold for items(back when mcs were 30-60k) and they sent me to a charity run by a user called hakimsrazor and that was when i found lots of internet friends and learned how to make lots of gold really fast

I remember the IM feature. Yeah, it's not around anymore, sadly. I think they got rid of it when they created things like Towns and Theaters. I remember playing with it a bit, but it was awkwardly named when I first joined up.

gaia im was still around when towns was out but idk about after towns 2 i remeber back when i was active you had to have the link saved as they no longer had it avaible for people through searching on the my gaia page not sure if they stopped the gold gain from it though

I used to have one saved, too, but the link doesn't work anymore. The theaters worked for a surprisingly long time, considering nothing was supposed to link to them.

hmm when did they close the theaters i used to go get crap free items from there i thought they still had that going oh well there goes two more fun features of gaia

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

Sadly, when I was newer, i was afraid to say "no" to a friend request and ended up with a lot of people on my friends list that I refer to as "friend collectors" (you know, the "Oh! I saw you in the forum once! I didn't talk to you, but I liked your avi! *friends*" kind of people?)

I wouldn't delete the ones I actually know or talked to.

when i was new i refused all friend requests that were from people i knew irl but after a while i found a couple friends and i talked with them through gaia's im thing(idk if that feature is still around but was awesome as time spent chatting granted gold) anyway i talked on the im with one friend but was having trouble getting gold for items(back when mcs were 30-60k) and they sent me to a charity run by a user called hakimsrazor and that was when i found lots of internet friends and learned how to make lots of gold really fast

I remember the IM feature. Yeah, it's not around anymore, sadly. I think they got rid of it when they created things like Towns and Theaters. I remember playing with it a bit, but it was awkwardly named when I first joined up.

gaia im was still around when towns was out but idk about after towns 2 i remeber back when i was active you had to have the link saved as they no longer had it avaible for people through searching on the my gaia page not sure if they stopped the gold gain from it though

I used to have one saved, too, but the link doesn't work anymore. The theaters worked for a surprisingly long time, considering nothing was supposed to link to them.

hmm when did they close the theaters i used to go get crap free items from there i thought they still had that going oh well there goes two more fun features of gaia

They closed them a few years ago... I'm not sure when. I went on hiatus for a while and when I came back, they were gone.

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

They closed them a few years ago... I'm not sure when. I went on hiatus for a while and when I came back, they were gone.

lols i totally called zomg's perma shut down its the same thing that has happened to all of the gaia games they release they give a bs reason why they need to "temporaily " shut it down then no one hears any thing for months and then the next thing that happens is we hear they are "trying to update the game" then we hear nothing for more months and then bam an announcement saying "sorry we closed this game for ever (insert stupid reason why they shut it down and make up bs lies) (insert 1 of the following effects 1. game is replaced with something that costs gaia cash 2. game is replaced with a game that costs large amounts of gold to play 3 game is never replaced and an expensive item goes to a select number of users who were constant game players 4. game is never replaced and no item is given 5 game never replaced and a crap item worth no more than 2-10k is given to all who click the link within a few days or hours of the link being active)

thats what happened to zomg soul crush monster galaxy there are many others this happened to

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

lols i totally called zomg's perma shut down its the same thing that has happened to all of the gaia games they release they give a bs reason why they need to "temporaily " shut it down then no one hears any thing for months and then the next thing that happens is we hear they are "trying to update the game" then we hear nothing for more months and then bam an announcement saying "sorry we closed this game for ever (insert stupid reason why they shut it down and make up bs lies) (insert 1 of the following effects 1. game is replaced with something that costs gaia cash 2. game is replaced with a game that costs large amounts of gold to play 3 game is never replaced and an expensive item goes to a select number of users who were constant game players 4. game is never replaced and no item is given 5 game never replaced and a crap item worth no more than 2-10k is given to all who click the link within a few days or hours of the link being active)

thats what happened to zomg soul crush monster galaxy there are many others this happened to

I wouldn't call major security holes a "BS reason." Knowing when zOMG was created, it's really possible they aren't lying this time. There's always a chance that they are (I mean, there was a whole post where they lied about zOMG a while back and one of the developers posted right after saying it was a lie and line by line disproving it), but this time, if they're lying it's a believable excuse.

I'm a programmer IRL, so I've seen what happens when a code base falls into disrepair. With Gaia neglecting zOMG for so long, it would be really easy to miss the hole for a long time and when you bring in (probably) new people, they look at the messy mass of code and can't make heads or tails of it if it's not organized, commented, or documented well (and with Gaia, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't documented). Even if you bring back the "expert" who made the whole thing under the same conditions... it's a bit like not taking geometry for 5 years and then someone asking you to, without google, prove that two triangles are proportionate: You might be able to figure it out if you stare at it long enough but the likelihood is slim.

So I think I'm going to believe Gaia on this one, if only because the thought of them lying on this is heartbreaking. That, and saying they had a vulnerability like that is just asking for hackers to start searching for more vulnerabilities like it, so lying about it makes no sense unless they're stupid.

I_CJ_I's Husband

Aged Regular

9,775 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Hey, just looking for any possible donations! Trying to get a few items off of my wishlist and need a bit of help.
emotion_8c

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
confused
Hello guys and dolls. Not certain how long I will have internet use. Missed you All!
Kreiystahl
confused
Hello guys and dolls. Not certain how long I will have internet use. Missed you All!

familiar people! *hugs* mrgreen

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
sgt.Frosty
Kreiystahl
confused
Great to see you, hugs cat_smile .
Kreiystahl
sgt.Frosty
Kreiystahl
confused

good to see some people still manage to drop by old threads. anything new with you?

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
sgt.Frosty
Kreiystahl
sgt.Frosty
Kreiystahl
confused

good to see some people still manage to drop by old threads. anything new with you?

I have only been around the last couple days.
Kreiystahl
sgt.Frosty
Kreiystahl
sgt.Frosty
Kreiystahl
confused

I have only been around the last couple days.

well I don't necessarily mean online. but in a nutshell for me, got a degree in graphic design now, and i'm stuck at a crappy job.

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

I wouldn't call major security holes a "BS reason." Knowing when zOMG was created, it's really possible they aren't lying this time. There's always a chance that they are (I mean, there was a whole post where they lied about zOMG a while back and one of the developers posted right after saying it was a lie and line by line disproving it), but this time, if they're lying it's a believable excuse.

I'm a programmer IRL, so I've seen what happens when a code base falls into disrepair. With Gaia neglecting zOMG for so long, it would be really easy to miss the hole for a long time and when you bring in (probably) new people, they look at the messy mass of code and can't make heads or tails of it if it's not organized, commented, or documented well (and with Gaia, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't documented). Even if you bring back the "expert" who made the whole thing under the same conditions... it's a bit like not taking geometry for 5 years and then someone asking you to, without google, prove that two triangles are proportionate: You might be able to figure it out if you stare at it long enough but the likelihood is slim.

So I think I'm going to believe Gaia on this one, if only because the thought of them lying on this is heartbreaking. That, and saying they had a vulnerability like that is just asking for hackers to start searching for more vulnerabilities like it, so lying about it makes no sense unless they're stupid.

i understand completely im also a programer and i hate going back to look at old projects i cant make heads or tails of any thing with out looking at it for a couple weeks trying to decipher why i did this or that but they have had so many games they got rid of for "security reasons" or for other companies dropping gaia or other crap about how they plan on bringing it back then saying that it cant exist any more

every gaia game that ever gets shut down "temporaily" always gets perma shut down with in no more than 3-6 months of not being up and running cause they are no longer making any money off it thats how sad and pathetic gaia admins are they only fix something if it makes them money or if its not going to take a bunch of time im sure if they would have taken the rediculas amount of time to fix zomg the users would have been happier than getting a stupid sdplus doll and no idea if the other resources in the game such as rings and powerups are going to be useful at all or if they will just be wasted code

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

so whats with the wird blue and yellowish bars under the gaia online symbol next to my avatar and why does the thing for earning gaia cash have a gelantious ooze next to it with a red helath bar(like it has one hit left till its dead) and next to that is another gelatenous ooze with almost full hp(its missing one hit from its health bar)

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165
techpriest35
sailorstar165

i understand completely im also a programer and i hate going back to look at old projects i cant make heads or tails of any thing with out looking at it for a couple weeks trying to decipher why i did this or that but they have had so many games they got rid of for "security reasons" or for other companies dropping gaia or other crap about how they plan on bringing it back then saying that it cant exist any more

every gaia game that ever gets shut down "temporaily" always gets perma shut down with in no more than 3-6 months of not being up and running cause they are no longer making any money off it thats how sad and pathetic gaia admins are they only fix something if it makes them money or if its not going to take a bunch of time im sure if they would have taken the rediculas amount of time to fix zomg the users would have been happier than getting a stupid sdplus doll and no idea if the other resources in the game such as rings and powerups are going to be useful at all or if they will just be wasted code

Good point. It's a shame they closed down zOMG. I think the users would've been happier if they had said, "Hey, we can't salvage the old one, but we're going to make a new one and see if we can't transfer your data over. It might not look or feel exactly the same, but..."

I'm waiting for them to throw out puzzles and word bump too... emo

Brainy Mage

Hey there everyone. I need to quit poofing in here gonk
Good news and bad news...moved into a bigger apartment...which doesn't have any Internet access. Lovely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff