Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moved

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User ImageINTROUser ImageRULESUser ImageFAQUser ImageGUILDUser ImageCONTESTSUser ImageLISTSUser ImageLINK OUTUser ImageFRIENDSUser Image

Welcome to the new and improved
Random Gifting Thread
because random gifts are randomly awesome

sponsored by The Greatest Gift of All Guild

We are a group of friends who love to spread joy, tackle various projects together, and have fun! Please join us by reading the information on the first page, and participating. You may be surprised to discover that gifting, whilst addicting, isn't actually be best gift you'll get in here!

This thread is a continuation of our old, Random Gifting Thread. There are two main reasons for the creation of this new thread. The original thread owner is no longer very active, so we can't update the opening posts with current news and information. This thread is being put up with the guild mule, which will always be under control of the guild Captain, who is currently LNK1001. The second reason is location. All of our events tend to be here in the Gaia Community Projects, so it seemed odd that this thread was not. We also hope there will be less trolls and beggars here.

~ TL;DR ~

If you read nothing else... in a nutshell:
Gifts are Anonymous
Do not beg or only talk about your quests.
Take any dramas to PM, ask a guild crew for help if need be. include page number.
Chatting friendlily, sticking around,
having a viewable profile with a wishlist with items of various values will help!
User ImageINTROUser ImageRULESUser ImageFAQUser ImageGUILDUser ImageCONTESTSUser ImageLISTSUser ImageLINK OUTUser ImageFRIENDSUser Image

Rules

TOS is, as always, in effect

Respect others
Treat everyone as though they were important. Because they are. The person who sets the event up isn’t the only important person. We are based from a guild that has many people who all worked together to make this happen time and again. And we want to maintain a celebratory happy atmosphere.

If you want to talk romantically, rp, discuss issues people typically find uncomfortable... please take it to PMs.
If you have a problem with someone, please PM a crew member with a summery of the situation and page numbers to reference.
Please note that the crew will be on as we can, sometimes lurking, to moderate things to the best of our ability. This is for everyone's protection and enjoyment.
As crew, our goal is to work together equally to try to be fair as well as we can. Problems are discussed and voted on privately and anonymously as to how we can best solve thing. So please feel free to contact any available crew if you need to. We are all equally willing and able to help you to the best of our ability.
Current crew members are:
LNK1001, PurpleLovr, Sgt. Frosty, TheBlackCatLentheritia, Mistypaw

No Begging
No complaining, whining, bragging, advertising, or STAT POSTING!

Stat posting is saying how many gifts you’ve given and/or how many you’ve received. It often comes off as begging and showing off. If you like to keep track (and many people do) please do so in a private area. Perhaps a word file on your own computer, or a private locked journal. Feel free to share your dream avatars! Just please don’t ask for donations or specific items.

Use proper posting etiquette
This means no page stretching, or excessive image posting.
This particularly comes into play when quoting, and when you use post styles. Please try to keep the quote rivers from getting to be too long, and delete the images and post styles from the quotes. I love post styles and they’re great for giving your posts a theme. Just keep in mind their size please.

Also, please don’t quote this first page. Or, if you really need to; erase all the irrelevant information. If you need to share most of any of these posts, just direct them here to read it.

Keep it PG
We want this place to be as accessible and friendly for as many people as possible. So though it should be obvious, no cybering - or overly suggestive cuddling. No roleplaying and careful with the jokes. Though I know it's all in fun and jest - sometimes people come into the middle of a scene that sounds bad and it looks bad for all of us then. And any resulting misunderstandings brings down the mood. So just take those to another thread, PMs, or even a private locked chat room.

Anonymous gifts = ON, Recent Visitors = OFF
These settings are vital to make this system work! They must be able to view your wishlist without being seen, and they must be able to send the gift anonymously.

Keep a well stocked and maintained wishlist
Your wishlist should have items ranging from very cheap store items to the very expensive. Have a good variety of items for gifters to choose from. And remember to keep it updated! If there is nothing you specifically want, please choose things anyway!

Stay Anonymous.
Keep who gifts whom secret. If you figure someone out, please keep it to yourself!

Choose your budget.
You may gift as much or as little as you wish. You may spend as much or as little as you wish. Please don't feel pressured or required to do anything you'll regret!

Be Thankful.
Even though you don't know who to thank specifically, feel free to thank the gifter here in the thread.

FAQ

How do I join the thread?
It's easy! Just chat to let us know you’re in here and get to gifting!

How do I join the guild?
If you adhere to the rules, hang out and make friends - then after an event, ASK A CREW MEMBER OR CAPTAIN OR VICE-CAPTAIN! Please DO NOT reveal your gifting alias! Also keep in mind, the events are always open to all of Gaia - so you don't have to join to come to participate!

Why do you only send anonymous gifts?
We do it this way so that no one feels indebted to anyone in particular. And since we don't post stats on how much anyone has gifted either, the only motivator here is to have fun spreading joy.

How do I pick who to gift?
You can gift anyone you like. They don’t even have to be here in this thread. It helps a lot if the person has a viewable profile; and a wishlist that has items of a wide variety of values. Everything from under 1k and up. Being friendly, active, and playing by the event rules is also a factor to some people.

How do I gift anonymously?
Buy the item.
Go to your inventory and click on the item's icon.
Click on the purple button that says "GIVE AS GIFT"
Choose your giftbox
Type in the name of the person you want to gift
Check the "Give this gift anonymously?" button
Enter your password
DONE

I forgot to check anonymous!
Everyone makes that mistake sometimes. Don't worry, you can still keep playing. If you were using a gifting alias, either ask them not to share it, or make up a new one.

What is a Gifting Alias?
In recent event’s, several participants started using an alias in their message. They’d include a line that says “From Glompie” or “from the Mewing Gifter”. If you would like to do that, it’s fine. Just keep your identity secret, even after the event is over! If you plan on becoming one of our regulars, perhaps you might consider keeping your alias for the next event too!

It's not letting me send gifts, can I send a trade?
We highly encourage you be remain ANONYMOUS. That’s the whole point here. So please try to keep that theme using gifting. However, sometimes glitches happen. If trading is really your only way – use a mule that has no connection to your main account. Make sure you don’t say who you really are in the profile, or your posts in other threads. Use different pictures in your signature and profile.

How can I gift art?
The easiest way it to add the URL of the art in the message of a small item. Alternativly, you can use a mule who has not connection to your main account. Or you can even entrust someone to keep the secret and anonymously pass it on. You may sign your work, and if they ask if you gifted it - you can always claim someone else ordered it for them.

Do I have to add more to my wishlist?
It is highly recommended that you have a good selection of items available on your wishlist. While there are some very generous gifters out there, it isn't reasonable to expect to receive all MCs and EIs. So try to have some items under 1k, some 5-10K, and onward and upward!

Why haven't I gotten a gift yet?
Please remember the point of this is to give. If you stay and chat, play by the rules, and make sure your profile is visible and your wishlist is appropriately stocked; then I’m sure you will get some gifts eventually. Also, not everyone is gifting all the time. Sometimes we just chat and make friends. Be patient and just try to have fun. If your fun is dependent on getting gifts, this might not be the place for you.

I have been gifting nice items and have only gotten items of low value!
Some gifters, in an attempt to keep gifting despite being new or poor, will sometimes gift cheaper items. Sometimes it’s in an effort to keep gifting through the whole event. But they thought of you, and were kind enough to share what they do have. Also, sometimes those types of cheaper items are sent so they can send you a message requesting you to add more to your wishlist that they can afford – or something along those lines.

At the same time, please try to make your gifts thoughtful. Unless a person is questing a certain type of loot, or several of one cheap item – please try to make it an item they can enjoy.

I still have a question!
Post it up here in the thread. As a result of all these events, we have many lovely helpful people, who if they know the answer would be thrilled to help! They might even have something in their signature to show they are regular Guild members and can help out!
If not, please PM one of the crew and if we don’t know, we'll do our best to help you find the answer.

The Greatest Gift of All Guild

The current crew members are:
LNK1001, Mistypaw, Sgt. Frosty, PurpleLovr, and TheBlackCatLentheritia

This guild of Gaian generosity has been holding holiday-themed gifting events since October of 2OO7. We are a group of friends who met through a series of anonymous gifting events, and many of us realized the greatest gift of all that we received was was the friendship and camaraderie that grew from it. This guild was made to stay in touch and keep the love going.

Contests

Sometimes members run contests in here. If you would like to host a contest or mini-game, PM LNK1001 (my main, will get me the message faster. XD )

Okay, I hate even having to have this section, much less the thought of using it. The rules are simple enough that there should be no need to even have anyone listed. If you have a problem with someone, take the issue to PMs so it doesn't ruin the mood for everyone and so everyone is still comfortable chatting in thread. If things happen on thread, please report it to a guild crew member with a summery of the issue at hand, and the page number.

This guild/thread is a democracy. Many decisions are made with discussion amongst the crew and sometimes anonymous crew only poll. So please don't feel there is only one person you can approach, or that any one crew member is better than another. We are all happy to help you, listen, and try to find a resolution.

The Black List

If you get on here, that will mean you have done something truly cruel.

Image Links Out

If you want to promote us in your signature, profile, thread... here are some images you can use!

[url=http://tinyurl.com/7g2jum6][IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/23k8cow.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/82hbyhu][img]http://tinyurl.com/7pkvws7[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/7g2jum6][img]http://tinyurl.com/nvvgloz[/img][/url]

Friends

So, have a shop or business of some sort? If you want, you can get listed here (just PM LNK1001 or GGoAguild or TheBlackCatLentheritia with your request). And if it's not too much trouble, we'd love a link back!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.~ User Image~ User Image
Just thinking.....
Previous Contests:

ONE WEEK OF DRESS UP!
The rules are simple, dress up and send a pic of your avi to LNK1001 or ggoaguild. All people will recieve a participation prize (yes they'll be cheap... but this is more for fun). But this game is in hopes that it will be lots of fun!!
Monday: Wizards and Witches Galore
Tuesday: Pirates vs. Ninjas
Wednesday: Real Life (what do you really look like?)
Thursday: Sexy
Friday: Monochrome (Just one color for your avi)
Saturday: Musicians!
Sunday: Animals (Either wear one or be one)

Entries:
Wizards and Witches:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Pirates vs. Ninjas:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Real Life:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Sexy:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

Monochrome:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Musicians:
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Animals:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

RAFFLE!
Simply, tickets costs 500g and you are welcome to buy as many as you want. Please send trade titled "Raffle Tickets x#" to the "ggoaguild" avi to buy some. The winner at the end will recieve all money raised and a special prize!
Special Prize: Your choice off of the GGoA Prize list (has AMAZING STUFF!)
Money raised: 40,000g
Tickets:
1-10: PurpleLovr
11-20: DJ Twissta
21-30: TheBlackCatLentheritia
31-50: PurpleLovr
51-70: puppylove713
71-80: Evelin333

Winner: PurpleLovr

AVI CONTEST!:
This week we'll run an avatar contest with voting to be complete next week! I've seen what you can do with your avatars, now lets see what you can do with someone else's! Our lovely front of the thread, ggoaguild, is a little sad looking... I've denuded her in hopes that you all can help to come up with a nice front to our guild! The rules are simple, one entry per person, and there IS and limit on gold! No more than 200K TOTAL for her (Because ggoaguild is a poor mule, and I don't have terribly much to donate cash-wise at the moment either)! PM entries to ggoaguild and the entries will close next Sunday (6/3/12)
Prize: Your choice off of the GGoA Prize list (has AMAZING STUFF all around 30K!)
Base:
Winners:

1st: sailorstar165: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
2nd: PurpleLovr: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
3rd: puppylove713: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff