Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phantom

User Image

There's a chill in the air, multicolored lights twinkle from evergreen branches, and holiday cheer seems to radiate from countless pink-cheeked faces. It's wintertime on Gaia once again! While most Gaians occupy themselves with wrapping presents and trimming trees around this time of year, the supposedly abandoned Durem Theatre has been bustling with activity of another sort. The theatre staff are hard at work gearing up for the most glorious event of the season: a fantastic week of winter-themed festivities followed by a grand masquerade!

The building has been cleaned up quite nicely since it was last used, and everything looks pristine and perfect from the outside... but after the tragic events that haunted the Durem Theatre last Halloween, nothing can be certain. Rumors of a prospective buyer have been circulating around the theatre, along with the usual stories of restless ghosts and spirits. But, the staff are determined to put these unsettling matters behind them and throw a masquerade that will be talked about for many Christmases to come. Your presence would be greatly appreciated!

Phantom

User Image

Credit goes to J Lone Wolf for the beautiful manga!
Make sure to visit the guild for more pages, they'll be released throughout the week.

User Image

Phantom

User Image

Who: You, of course! All of the GCD is invited.

What: The GCD Winter Event 2009, to be followed by a grand masquerade over the weekend.

When: The main event will run all week, beginning on Monday the 21st and wrapping up on Friday the 25th. The masquerade will begin immediately after the event and run though the weekend, ending on the 27th.

Where: In the refurbished Durem Theatre, which you can reach by clicking here. Join requests will not be accepted until the event begins on the 21st. However, if you're interested in becoming a staff member, continue reading and fill out a staff application.

Phantom

User Image

What is there to do at this event, you ask? A better question would be what isn't there to do! Aside from the interactive main plot, multiple sub-plots, and masquerade (which will feature its own miniature plot), there will be plenty of contests, games, and casual role-plays for you to participate in. Socialize, dance, make new friends and reconnect with old ones. Below is a tentative list of activities that will be taking place over the course of the week. More will be added as they are planned.

Snowball Fight
Mistletoe Game
Art Freebies
Advent Calendar

Phantom

User Image

This event is no small undertaking, and we're going to need lots of dedicated and hard-working staff members to pull it off. If you are interested in helping out, we'd love to have you! Simply fill out the form below and PM it to Captain Wickit. If you complete it satisfactorily, expect an invitation to the event guild.

[b]Username:[/b] (your username)
[b]Past Experience:[/b] (list any past experience or skills you have that would be relevant to the event)
[b]Availability:[/b] (how often will you be available from now until the end of the event)
[b]Willingness to Work:[/b] (how willing are you to tackle jobs that are given to you)
[b]Other:[/b] (anything else you'd like us to know)

Phantom

User Image

We need your help in promoting this event to make it the best it can possibly be.
Tell your friends, snag one of these flashy images to put in your signature, and spread the word!
If you'd like to make a signature, feel free to do so and post it here in this thread. We can always use more!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Image by Miss Conception

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.57044843/][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/11vsh1y.jpg[/img][/url]

Phantom

User Image

Q: I don't want to come to the event, but I want to come to the masquerade (or vice versa). Can I do that?
A: Of course! You are free to arrive whenever you'd like. The main event begins on Monday the 21st and ends the 25th. The masquerade begins on the evening of the 25th and ends on the 27th.

Q: It seems like the plot for the event is done just like Gaia's official plots. Are any of you Gaia staff?
A: No, none of us are Gaia staff. We are just users like you who enjoy throwing parties.

Q: I'm so confused! Who can I contact to get my question answered?
A: You are free to post your question in this thread and one of us will get back to you as quickly as possible. If you'd like, you can also PM either of us with your questions: Captain Wickit or Miss Conception.

Phantom

You may post now!

Cursed Hunter

39,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Woo! hope it all goes well.

Man-Hungry Lunatic

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm so excited.

heart

Sincerely,
Xemnas
heart
I was hoping this would pop up
Can't wait!
3nodding

Blessed Soldier

14,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Looking forward too it since the GCD will be plagued with short threads with no discussion, just small facts people already know by finding out themselves about the event. gonk

I feel safe here. heart

Feline Enchantress

Dudes, get into your X-mas dresses!

Sparkly Conversationalist

Alexander Faust
Looking forward too it since the GCD will be plagued with short threads with no discussion, just small facts people already know by finding out themselves about the event. gonk

I feel safe here. heart

Haha, that was my exact thoughts as well.

So excited 3nodding

Man-Hungry Lunatic

To Whom It May Concern,

Woot.

people are excited!

:'D

Sincerely,
Xemnas

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff