Welcome to Gaia! ::

do you practice any other religion whilst practicing as a buddhist?

yes 0.16793893129771 16.8% [ 22 ]
no 0.31297709923664 31.3% [ 41 ]
no i actually dont practice buddhism 0.36641221374046 36.6% [ 48 ]
Jus Count'n Da G's Dawg, Fo Sho!!!!! 0.15267175572519 15.3% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 131 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
lakshanas
dragontamer363
true. i'd say to combat thsi we need a weekend. Like if it's 12:00 in britain as a startpoint then we have enough hours eitehr way. unless it's australia of course

Kigeko
dragontamer363
well tehre's thousands of Harry potter ones, so I woulnd't worry about that-lol XD

lakshanas
dragontamer363
cool ^^

Have you thought of making a guild? There's only ONE buddhist guild in the whole of Gaia form what I've found.
actually there are two that i have found, loving kindness, and another smaller one that hardly gets any activity, im not sure if gaia needs another buddhist guild but yes i have thought of it.

I don't know if we need another guild...the only one that we have barely gets any activity as it is, though it pains me to admit it. It would be nice if we could do something though as a group get together for the guild or the monastery...like an arranged time we could all meet and chat in the garden or the temple or something? But that would be hard as I'm sure we're all on VERY different time zones....

*sits down and ponders*

well if we are all interested in doing that then we need ot figure out if its 12:00pm Zulu, (london time) then what is it localy for each of us.
if its 12 zulu then its 7am for me. i live in michigan USA, or the midwest time zone.

here is a link to a timezones map
its a little confusing... and the text is uber small. london is time zone -Z- the midwest timezone (mine) is -R- just figure out your zone and use thier -1/+1 system.

time zone map

hopefully that will work, let us know if the times are insane.

Well I'm about an hour behind lakshanas (IL, USA) Unless he's in the Upper Peninsula...
The weekend would probably be best for me as well.

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
lakshanas
oh oh oh!!!!!! the houses are ready to be voted on in the arena... all you have to do is type in the keyword search "buddhist" and both will show up in the line up

if the houses do well there is a chance we will get a place on the top homes and gain more exposure to the gaian public. any votes will be greatly appreceated ^_^.

Oh! *rushes to do so now*
Kigeko
lakshanas
dragontamer363
true. i'd say to combat thsi we need a weekend. Like if it's 12:00 in britain as a startpoint then we have enough hours eitehr way. unless it's australia of course

Kigeko
dragontamer363
well tehre's thousands of Harry potter ones, so I woulnd't worry about that-lol XD

I don't know if we need another guild...the only one that we have barely gets any activity as it is, though it pains me to admit it. It would be nice if we could do something though as a group get together for the guild or the monastery...like an arranged time we could all meet and chat in the garden or the temple or something? But that would be hard as I'm sure we're all on VERY different time zones....

*sits down and ponders*

well if we are all interested in doing that then we need ot figure out if its 12:00pm Zulu, (london time) then what is it localy for each of us.
if its 12 zulu then its 7am for me. i live in michigan USA, or the midwest time zone.

its a little confusing... and the text is uber small. london is time zone -Z- the midwest timezone (mine) is -R- just figure out your zone and use thier -1/+1 system.

time zone map

Well I'm about an hour behind lakshanas (IL, USA) Unless he's in the Upper Peninsula...
nope im in the mitten (the LP)... down in detroit.

but cool, so you and i arent too different, i just hope the majority of other people in the guild arent to different.
Kigeko
lakshanas
oh oh oh!!!!!! the houses are ready to be voted on in the arena... all you have to do is type in the keyword search "buddhist" and both will show up in the line up

if the houses do well there is a chance we will get a place on the top homes and gain more exposure to the gaian public. any votes will be greatly appreceated ^_^.

Oh! *rushes to do so now*
weeeee ^_^!!!

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
lakshanas
Kigeko
lakshanas
dragontamer363

Kigeko
dragontamer363

*sits down and ponders*

time zone map

but cool, so you and i arent too different, i just hope the majority of other people in the guild arent to different.

Nope! You're nearly in my neck of the woods. biggrin

I think Dragontamer lives in the UK though (I just read her description on the first page) and I haven't seen much of anyone else... sad

Also, I voted for the Garden and the Monastery...I saw them when the links were finally posted but I have to admit that they are quite beautiful!
Kigeko
lakshanas
Kigeko
lakshanas
dragontamer363

time zone map

I think Dragontamer lives in the UK though (I just read her description on the first page) and I haven't seen much of anyone else... sad

Also, I voted for the Garden and the Monastery...I saw them when the links were finally posted but I have to admit that they are quite beautiful!
^_^ i am rather excited about the gardens, it is by far my favorite, ^_^. but the people & voters also seem to enjoy them too so maybe they will do well. heres hoping

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
lakshanas
Kigeko
lakshanas
Kigeko
lakshanas
dragontamer363

time zone map

^_^ i am rather excited about the gardens, it is by far my favorite, ^_^. but the people & voters also seem to enjoy them too so maybe they will do well. heres hoping

Yes they do, actually! It's nice to see. biggrin Hopefully this will make some more people aware of the Buddhist community here on Gaia.
k so every friday we meet in the tea room/ sounds good becasue i would love to take part in your ceremonies. it seems realy fun. i became buddhist in the begining of the year so i am somewhat new to it.

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
5620600887temari
k so every friday we meet in the tea room/ sounds good becasue i would love to take part in your ceremonies. it seems realy fun. i became buddhist in the begining of the year so i am somewhat new to it.

No worries. You are in good company. *hug*

But what time? Or to make it easier perhaps it should just be an all day thing?
hmmm we should find out what time in gst it is at 2.00 pm in florida anmd then see what times it will be for others and if thats good
5620600887temari
hmmm we should find out what time in gst it is at 2.00 pm in florida anmd then see what times it will be for others and if thats good
well im good for anytime on the week end, unless it gets past 12:00 am or later.

here is another post of the time zone map for those who didnt see it the first time ^_^

time zone map

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
I should be all right anytime, but I don't want to make promises.

lakshanas has been posting and reposting a link that allows for you to know your time zone in contrast to various others around the globe. Everyone should check on that in case there are time complications for anyone.

I'm sure we want to try and meet everyone's needs to the best of our abilities. smile
I'm good for any time at the weekends.

On a friday I have to come home from school at like 5-5.30pm (london time/ Grenich mean time)
And I'm usually around at 9pm.

all day events are better. of course if everyone is online around the same time it's best.
dragontamer363
I'm good for any time at the weekends.

On a friday I have to come home from school at like 5-5.30pm (london time/ Grenich mean time)
And I'm usually around at 9pm.

all day events are better. of course if everyone is online around the same time it's best.
ok well if you can be here around 9:00 pm then those in the midwest can show up at around 4:00pm, eastern at 5:00pm, central 3:00, and western 2. and those that are in any time zone other than those please take a look at the time zone in my previous posts.

9:00 pm London/grenich time is where we will meet in the tea room next friday and every following friday. ^_^ please contact me if there are any conflicts it is still flexible.
that sounds very godo to me smile
(although i'll be out fo action internet wise for a couple of fridays- i'm off on holiday - minus internet *sniffle*)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff