Welcome to Gaia! ::

do you practice any other religion whilst practicing as a buddhist?

yes 0.16793893129771 16.8% [ 22 ]
no 0.31297709923664 31.3% [ 41 ]
no i actually dont practice buddhism 0.36641221374046 36.6% [ 48 ]
Jus Count'n Da G's Dawg, Fo Sho!!!!! 0.15267175572519 15.3% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 131 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

hey dont forget if there is anything you guys arre curoious about or want to talk about just go ahead and ask. im sure everyone here would love to join into a good conversation.
Well, I wa swonderingw hat people's 'tips' are on meditating. I've tried concentrating on breathing, but while it's relaxing I can't keep it up for long and i don't seem to get anywhere sweatdrop

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
dragontamer363
Well, I wa swonderingw hat people's 'tips' are on meditating. I've tried concentrating on breathing, but while it's relaxing I can't keep it up for long and i don't seem to get anywhere sweatdrop

Well there's a number of different possibilities as to why that could be. Where are you meditating at?
Sometimes focusing just on breathing may not be enough. Even with that it is too easy to be distracted. Perhaps counting your breathing?

A book I'm reading now says that to help you focus on your breathing, to count the breathes.
When you inhale, count "1" and when you exhale, count "1"....do this all the way up to 10, and then back down again. Keep trying until you make it all the way.
I found that helps me. XD And I'm somewhat easily distracted. sweatdrop
dragontamer363

Well I don't know of any tips but I'll tell you how I go about meditating and maybe it'll give you a couple of ideas. First thing I do before anything is I get all conflicts out of my mind, such as if I had an argument that day with someone, I'll clear if from my mind. As for a setting, I lock myself in my bedroom, turn the lights out and turn on my lava lamp because candles make it too smokey in my room. I've got a reiki soundtrack that I play and I just repeat one song that has the bamboo flute in it. I find that repetitive things you to slip into that meditative state.

At first I find it hard to keep my mind clear, but after I focus on the repetitive music, breath, and the dimming of the lamp, it take no time at all. Once I'm in such a state I find that I no longer keep track of the time around me and all thoughts that attach me the world just float away. The feeling is so hard to describe, but if I had to I would say it’s like not being a part of this world.

Once I "awake" I feel completely relaxed and in an extremely happy mood. Its well worth it every time!
well what i have been doing is just sitting in my bedroom straight-backed silently with my eyes closed and just listening to my building or concentrating on the movement of my diaphram (liek it pulling to open lungs, pushing to breath out).
Maybe i do nee dot count or use music- i'll have to try that

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
dragontamer363
well what i have been doing is just sitting in my bedroom straight-backed silently with my eyes closed and just listening to my building or concentrating on the movement of my diaphram (liek it pulling to open lungs, pushing to breath out).
Maybe i do nee dot count or use music- i'll have to try that

It all depends on the practitioner. biggrin
I had littel meditate in the shower funnily enough today. don't think it worked- but the sensation of the rain-like water was thereputic if anything to concentrate upon-lol

i never know what i 'comtemplate' when meditating. I wouldn't wnat to just 'zone out'
oh hey so i just entered the lotus temple and gardens into the housing arena. under the key words Gaian, Buddhist, monastary, garden/lotus temple.

good stuff... hopefully it will do well and attract more visiters ^_^ the link to the forum is in their description
cool ^^

Have you thought of making a guild? There's only ONE buddhist guild in the whole of Gaia form what I've found.
dragontamer363
cool ^^

Have you thought of making a guild? There's only ONE buddhist guild in the whole of Gaia form what I've found.
actually there are two that i have found, loving kindness, and another smaller one that hardly gets any activity, im not sure if gaia needs another buddhist guild but yes i have thought of it.
well tehre's thousands of Harry potter ones, so I woulnd't worry about that-lol XD

lakshanas
dragontamer363
cool ^^

actually there are two that i have found, loving kindness, and another smaller one that hardly gets any activity, im not sure if gaia needs another buddhist guild but yes i have thought of it.

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
dragontamer363
well tehre's thousands of Harry potter ones, so I woulnd't worry about that-lol XD

lakshanas
dragontamer363
cool ^^

I don't know if we need another guild...the only one that we have barely gets any activity as it is, though it pains me to admit it. It would be nice if we could do something though as a group get together for the guild or the monastery...like an arranged time we could all meet and chat in the garden or the temple or something? But that would be hard as I'm sure we're all on VERY different time zones....

*sits down and ponders*
true. i'd say to combat thsi we need a weekend. Like if it's 12:00 in britain as a startpoint then we have enough hours eitehr way. unless it's australia of course

Kigeko
dragontamer363

lakshanas
dragontamer363
cool ^^

I don't know if we need another guild...the only one that we have barely gets any activity as it is, though it pains me to admit it. It would be nice if we could do something though as a group get together for the guild or the monastery...like an arranged time we could all meet and chat in the garden or the temple or something? But that would be hard as I'm sure we're all on VERY different time zones....

*sits down and ponders*
dragontamer363
true. i'd say to combat thsi we need a weekend. Like if it's 12:00 in britain as a startpoint then we have enough hours eitehr way. unless it's australia of course

Kigeko
dragontamer363

lakshanas
dragontamer363
cool ^^

*sits down and ponders*

well if we are all interested in doing that then we need ot figure out if its 12:00pm Zulu, (london time) then what is it localy for each of us.
if its 12 zulu then its 7am for me. i live in michigan USA, or the midwest time zone.

here is a link to a timezones map
its a little confusing... and the text is uber small. london is time zone -Z- the midwest timezone (mine) is -R- just figure out your zone and use thier -1/+1 system.

time zone map

hopefully that will work, let us know if the times are insane.
oh oh oh!!!!!! the houses are ready to be voted on in the arena... all you have to do is type in the keyword search "buddhist" and both will show up in the line up

if the houses do well there is a chance we will get a place on the top homes and gain more exposure to the gaian public. any votes will be greatly appreceated ^_^.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff