Welcome to Gaia! ::

do you practice any other religion whilst practicing as a buddhist?

yes 0.16793893129771 16.8% [ 22 ]
no 0.31297709923664 31.3% [ 41 ]
no i actually dont practice buddhism 0.36641221374046 36.6% [ 48 ]
Jus Count'n Da G's Dawg, Fo Sho!!!!! 0.15267175572519 15.3% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 131 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Although I do not think I could have said it better than lakshanas...

To me...although my walk in Buddhism is new...

Buddhism is...a path of liberation from myself and the world. It is a new way in which to see the world, after for the first time feeling that I have truly opened my eyes and my heart. Buddhism is the center within myself that I have always known was there, but did not know how to access until coming to understand that all things are one, one is all, and no one is a person onto himself. The sense of interconnectedness with the world around me makes me aware of both my importance and insignificance, and allows me to appreciate and accept both happily.

Buddhism is a soft breeze on a warm day, and the taste of clean air. It is a mental and spiritual cleansing that can be replaced by no other experiences. Buddhism is a calm ocean after a great storm, and a sun filled sky after a lifetime of fog and rain.
It is a precious system of belief and action that has truly made an impression on me and my behavior, and how I see myself and what surrounds me.
bumpā™„
Kigeko

Buddhism is...a path of liberation from myself and the world. It is a new way in which to see the world, after for the first time feeling that I have truly opened my eyes and my heart. Buddhism is the center within myself that I have always known was there, but did not know how to access until coming to understand that all things are one, one is all, and no one is a person onto himself. The sense of interconnectedness with the world around me makes me aware of both my importance and insignificance, and allows me to appreciate and accept both happily.

Buddhism is a soft breeze on a warm day, and the taste of clean air. It is a mental and spiritual cleansing that can be replaced by no other experiences. Buddhism is a calm ocean after a great storm, and a sun filled sky after a lifetime of fog and rain.
It is a precious system of belief and action that has truly made an impression on me and my behavior, and how I see myself and what surrounds me.

very very well said, I think you feel very well. and i could reccomend a book for you it is called Darma Bums by jack Karouac, its about two friends, two buddhists in the san francisco beatnick scene (1950's) and they just have a great deal of experienes and lessons togather. its a beautiful book both humorus and sad, and i little bit weird, but thats jack.

^_^ well said though.

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
lakshanas
Kigeko

very very well said, I think you feel very well. and i could reccomend a book for you it is called Darma Bums by jack Karouac, its about two friends, two buddhists in the san francisco beatnick scene (1950's) and they just have a great deal of experienes and lessons togather. its a beautiful book both humorus and sad, and i little bit weird, but thats jack.

^_^ well said though.

*blush*
Thank you very much. *humble bow*
Oh I will have to check that out! I remember you talking about it in the guild and it sounded interesting, but I have had so much school work to do that I've barely been able to read my book by Thich Nhat Hanh. sweatdrop I shall definitely take a look around for it though. Thank you so very much! biggrin
Kigeko
lakshanas
Kigeko

^_^ well said though.

*blush*
Oh I will have to check that out! I remember you talking about it in the guild and it sounded interesting, but I have had so much school work to do that I've barely been able to read my book by Thich Nhat Hanh. sweatdrop I shall definitely take a look around for it though. Thank you so very much! biggrin
lol thats cool ^_^ i would be delighted if you could tell me about Thich Nhat Hanh's book too im not familiar with him.

but yeah... im far too excited about Dharma Bums, i preech its fun light heartedness to everyone.

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
lakshanas
Kigeko
lakshanas
Kigeko

^_^ well said though.

*blush*
lol thats cool ^_^ i would be delighted if you could tell me about Thich Nhat Hanh's book too im not familiar with him.

but yeah... im far too excited about Dharma Bums, i preech its fun light heartedness to everyone.

Hey, that's awesome! It's always wonderful to have a book your excited about...there are so few good ones these days.

But as far as Thich Nhat Hanh is concerned, he is quite a wonderful writer. His books aren't really stories such as Dharma Bums, but are more insightful and informational. His words ooze kindness and understanding, and his writing mannerisms are gentle but very forward and to the point. I don't feel like I'm reading so much as I'm speaking to someone when I open up and start pouring through this book of his...and it's a wonderful experience from beginning to end.
"The Heart of the Buddha's Teachings" was really what inspired me to begin following Buddhism (sorry, I think I've sung this song before. If I have feel free to verbally smack me. ^.^ ) Because as I read through it I finally had a deeper understanding of a faith that had always fascinated me, and I realized with much surprise though Hanh's words that Buddhism actually incorporates a lot of things I myself had already come to believe on my own...
So I suppose I'm a poster child, but I think everyone, even non-Buddhists, can benefit from reading his words.

biggrin
Hey, Im buddhist! have any one ever been to Magnolia Village Monastary? If u have yes, uve seen me before! wat about Deer Park Monastary? I luv that place its so prety!
Miss`Cuh`Wen`E
Hey, Im buddhist! have any one ever been to Magnolia Village Monastary? If u have yes, uve seen me before! wat about Deer Park Monastary? I luv that place its so prety!
i actually havent heard of either of them, if you could explain what they are and wher little bit more it would be awesome.

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
lakshanas
Miss`Cuh`Wen`E
i actually havent heard of either of them, if you could explain what they are and wher little bit more it would be awesome.

Indeed!
I am actually trying to find Monasteries or temples in my area...so far I haven't found anything that won't use up half a tank of gas getting there and back... crying
Kigeko
lakshanas
Miss`Cuh`Wen`E

Indeed!
I am actually trying to find Monasteries or temples in my area...so far I haven't found anything that won't use up half a tank of gas getting there and back... crying
i suggest a search on the internet, just go to yahoo or google and type buddhist monastery/temple then your city and state. like Detroit, MI

there isprobably atleast one in every major city of everystate.
brilliant idea. i'd like to join up and help out where i can smile

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
lakshanas
Kigeko
lakshanas
Miss`Cuh`Wen`E

Indeed!
i suggest a search on the internet, just go to yahoo or google and type buddhist monastery/temple then your city and state. like Detroit, MI

there isprobably atleast one in every major city of everystate.

Hmm...I never tried google or yahoo before...maybe I will. Thanks!

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
dragontamer363
brilliant idea. i'd like to join up and help out where i can smile

*hug* Welcome! biggrin
Thanks biggrin
Hey everyone... the dinning hall is finished... finaly, and I also need a current list of members and anyone who wishes to has a piece about themselves posted, make sure to pm me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff