Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which look do like best for TDM mule? Avatars are in the Contest & Events (4th) post.

Seren Cian 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 12 ]
JoyRose 0.027777777777778 2.8% [ 1 ]
Mary Williame Taranee 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 2 ]
Mortimer Toxicity 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 2 ]
Cheesecake of Doom 0.13888888888889 13.9% [ 5 ]
Evil A 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 4 ]
Azzy-licious 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 2 ]
Rannchan 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 64 65 66 > >>

User Image

The Daffodil Movement has been held every year during the month of April since 2006 (except in '08 when the event was held in May). During the month of April, we try to gather as many Gaians as possible to equip a daffodil bouquet on their avatars for the whole month to promote cancer awareness. This is the time we take out of our regular schedule as Gaians and as people to remember those we have lost, honor those who have fought and won, and encourage those presently fighting cancer.

Continue reading to find out more, or click on the image below to view the guild.
User Image

Welcome◆Rules◆Who We Are◆Contests And Events◆Teams◆FAQs◆Guild Map◆Yellow Wall◆Affiliates◆Banners◆Reserved
User Image

►Follow Gaia's ToS

►Do not quote any large blocks of text, such as any of the posts on the front page of the main thread or a team's thread.

►Please read the FAQs before asking a question. That way we can be sure we have plenty of time to answer any unusual or specific questions instead of answering the same common ones over and over.

►Contacting Crew: We are likely to be very busy around this time. Not only do we have to organize many things here at once, virtually all of TDM's staff is in college or high school. For us, April not only means TDM, it means term papers and exams. Questions and Yellow Wall entries will have priority over any art or banners you send, or Affiliate/Turn TDM requests. Please be patient with us.

►Be supportive of one another! Try to get along.

►And most importantly, strive for positivity. We encourage you to share your stories and feelings concerning cancer, cancer awareness, and the like, but this will not be a pity-party. Many people may be going through cancer themselves or seeing someone they love dealing with it. We’re here to hope for the best. heart

Welcome◆Rules◆Who We Are◆Contests And Events◆Teams◆FAQs◆Guild Map◆Yellow Wall◆Affiliates◆Banners◆Reserved
User Image

Those of you who have been with us for several years are probably wondering what happened to the amazing Blaizekit who has led the event for several years now. Blaize is currently working her way through a very busy college semester and thus passed on the task of running the event to us! And thus, we just wanted to introduce ourselves so you know who to direct questions to.

User Image

Hi! I'm Zaffhi and this is my first year helping with the Daffodil Movement. I'm going to be doing the contests! My main connection with cancer is that my grandma passed away in July of 2010 with Lung cancer and pancreatic cancer.

User Image

Ello my name is Mrs_S_Snape! This is my fifth year being actively involved with The Daffodil Movement. I've captained various teams over the years, most recently Team Lymphoma. This year I'll in charge of everything besides contests. My cancer connect and the reason I've gotten involved with the movement is because my aunt passed away in 2010 from colon cancer.

User Image

►Contests & Events Run By The Guild

User Image

Random Gold & A Nartian Raffle
Keep an eye out for The Daffodil Fairy! She'll be flitting around the thread and guild all during the event spreading joy and cheer to participants. Also check her profile for a fun raffle you can get in on. Click on her avi to get there!

Tektek Contest
Since it’s April and the Daffodil Movement has begun, we decided to revamp the mule! So here’s a simple contest where you can create a new avatar fitting the Daffodil Movement mule! After about two weeks, we will be putting a poll up for the entries so we can see who wins! To enter, simply quote The Daffodil Movement mule here in the thread.

[quote="The Daffodil Movement"][/quote]

Rules:
- Price limit is 50k (1 Nartian Rock is excluded from the price)
- If you are chosen as a finalist, you cannot promote yourself to win. We want this contest to be fair for everyone!
- Be considerate of other people entering. Remember, we strive for optimism in this thread, so be kind to others!
- Do not steal someone’s tektek and claim it as your own. This is plagiarism and that's just wrong!
- Try to make it by the deadline!

Entries:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Submitted by Seren Cian

Submitted by JoyRose

Submitted by Mary Williame Taranee

Submitted by Mortimer Toxicity

Submitted by Cheesecake of Doom

Submitted by Evil A

Submitted by Azzy-licious

Submitted by Rannchan

User Image
Quote & Riddle Contest
Zaffhi has seen this in many different threads, but she is going to change it up! Her idea is to have an image (which is left next to the summary) and a riddle about spring in a random post. The first one to quote the image and correctly answer the riddle will win!

Pictionary with a Twist
This contest idea is usually interesting and funny. The contest revolves around the mule posting a funny picture that isn’t exactly clear, and the first person that gets it right, wins a prize.

Weekly Caption Contest
If none of those contests seem to interest you, then there is still one more! A caption contest! All you have to do is write a caption with the photo presented for that week and PM it to Zaffhi. Every Sunday the winners for the previous week will be announced and a new image will be put up. Simple, right?

Weekly Caption Contest Photo for the week of 4.7.13 to 4.14.13

Previous week image:

4.1.13 to 4.7.13

Spirit Contest
This is The Daffodil Movement's most important contest and where teams really become a factor. Whichever group shows the most enthusiasm throughout the event will win a real life donation to an organization affiliated with that type of cancer. A general donation to the American Cancer Society will be made if one can not be made directly. Of course, you are welcome to make donations of your own. So get out there and show your team spirit!! We will make the decision based on this thread as well as the guild where the team headquarters are.

The Spirit Contest is based on your team's organization and enthusiasm. There are many ways a team shows their spirit. The team takes the initiative to recruit more people, hold their own contests, organize meetings in Towns, and show they genuinely care about bringing awareness to that type of cancer.

Nartian Raffle
The Nartian Raffle is a part of the The Daffodil Movement Farewell Party which will be held at the end of the month. The farewell party is a formal wear event where we all get together, hold the Nartian Raffle, and say our goodbyes. A thread for the party will be made in the guild, but we are going to try to have everyone party in real time in zOMG. In theory, it will be able to handle more people and not crash constantly like we tried to do in Towns in previous years. More information about the time and place will be announced through the guild towards the end of the month.

There will be many prizes being raffled off, including the final grand prize of a Nartian Rock. The other prizes will be whatever people donate for the event. If you would like to donate a prize for the raffle, send a trade to The Daffodil Movement Mule labeled "Raffle Donation". This will keep the items separate from the general donations sent to the mule.

►Contests & Events Run By Captains

Team Support Contest
This is for all teams (including captains), hosted by Team Cervical. For each post you make in this thread you will earn two points for your team. But they can not be bumps, numbers, or emoticons. It will run all month. The second part of this contest is you will also earn one point for each item you're avi is wearing in your team's color(s) each day. At the end of the month the team and the person with the most points will win up to 50k. Please quote Senorita Hope to let her know you are participating.

Posting Prizes
Senorita Hope is also going to give out gold to the sixth and eighth poster on each page of the main thread - six letters in Cancer and eight in Daffodil. Every poster on page fifteen and sixteen will get gold too. Fifteen letters in Cancer Awareness and sixteen letters in Daffodil Movement. This will be done in the main thread and in my team thread. See above for a link to the thread.

Team Breast Cancer Tektek Contest
Arashi Erina is hosting a tektek contest for all. All you have to do is make a pink avi that flows well together! Easy, right? Link to post in team thread.

User Image

Here is the list of the teams for this year. Because we had such a late start, we didn't have a recruitment period for team captains. So if your team is captainless and you feel up for the job, please contact Mrs_S_Snape and let her know you are interested. She'll go over the details of what it means with you and get you set up in the guild to make your team thread. The captain positions will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
Team Brain
Captain: Evil A
Color: Gray
Link to Headquarters

Team Breast
Captain: Arashi Erina
Color: Pink
Link to Headquarters

Team Cervical
Captain: Senorita Hope
Color: Teal and White
Link to Headquarters

Team Childhood
Captain: Zefius
Color: Gold
Link to Headquarters

Team Colon
Captain: AquaticPisces
Color: Blue
Link to Headquarters

Team Kidney
Captain:
Color: Green
Link to Headquarters

Team Lung
Captain:
Color: Clear/White
Link to Headquarters

Team Melanoma
Captain: YamiTyger
Color: Black
Link to Headquarters

Team Pancreatic
Captain:
Color: Purple
Link to Headquarters

Team Prostate
Captain: Mortimer Toxicity
Color: Light Blue
Link to Headquarters

User Image

►I want to help the Movement. Where do I send my gold, items, and daffodils?
Donations should be sent to The Daffodil Movement, our mule. Donations of gold help us give better prizes in the contests, and yellow items give the mule something cool to wear. (Items are sold at the end of the Movement to go toward next year.) Please do not send us daffodils unless they are already made into a bouquet. It is too expensive and time-consuming for us to turn hundreds of daffodils into bouquets by ourselves. We'd rather use our gold pool for prizes, so please only donate bouquets. (: single daffodils will be donated to Old Pete's Dumpster Dive.

►I wanna show my support by wearing a daffodil bouquet during the whole month of April, but can't make or buy one. What's this about free bouquets?
You're in luck! Many generous Gaians have donated daffodil bouquets to us, so that we may pass them along to whoever needs one. To request a bouquet, just send a labeled trade to The Daffodil Movement.

►Do I have to wear a *yellow* daffodil bouquet?
No. You can wear whatever color you want.

►Can I be on more than one team?
You are welcome to post whatever ribbons you want in your signature or around the site to show your support. However, when it comes to official teams, you have to pick just one. This is especially important for the spirit contest. You can only follow your team's events.

►How do I join a team? What do I have to do for my team?
It's not all that scary. All you have to do is post in the HQ of the team you want, saying you want to join. The thread might have a special procedure for joining, so look out for that. Tada! You have a team. Depending on what your team's Captain wants to do, there might be events or contests that your team is doing. None of these are required for membership. They're just for fun! The important thing is just to support your team with a whole heart. Put its ribbon in your signature. Dress up in your team colors. The team that's deemed the most spirited wins a real-life donation for that type of cancer, so shake those pom-poms!

►Do I have to be on a team to be a part of the Movement?
No. You don't even have to post in the thread. The most important thing about the Movement is making the cause visible. All you really need to do to be a participator is to wear the bouquet and point our way if anyone asks about it. (:

►Why can't (insert name of cancer here) be a team?
There are a few teams we have every year, but generally, the teams change from one year to the next. That's because I would like to keep the number of teams to 10-11 each year, but still want to give exposure to all kinds. So, the teams rotate. Please don't try to invent your own team. The team threads you see were made by officially chosen Captains who spent a lot of time and hard work to make their threads. If you want to captain a team, you'll have to wait until next year.

►Can I be a Team Captain?
Usually Team Captains are chosen in March. However, we got a later start this year and the positions are going to be filled in a first come, first serve basis. If your team already has a captain, you'll probably have to wait until next year, unless the captain of your team resigns and decides to pass the torch to you. But, if you're serious enough about it to wait a year, you'll probably be a shoe in. Keep in touch with the guild occasionally throughout the year.

Still confused? Visit the Q&A thread.

User Image

This list explains the functions of different parts of the guild and links to threads of interest.

Main forum
Where we keep basic TDM info
Cancer Awareness Ribbons Thread
Art of TDM Collected Over The Years
Cancer Links and Resources
The Yellow Wall
Ribbon Petition/Affiliates list
Q&A about TDM

Events Board
Where people get the word out about events they're holding.
Events Directory

Team Threads Forum
Where teams have their home base to meet up at. Threads in this forum can only be OP'ed by designated Team Captains.

Articles/Cancer in the Media
Where we share stories of interest to the community.

Memorials
Where users make threads dedicated to honoring people they want to remember.

Chat Forum
Random, off-topic, anything really chat.

Archives
This is where old threads are moved year after year. Kept in this forum in order to pass along ideas to future teams, and to show off everyone's hard work.

User Image

This is where we honor those that survived, those that did not, and those still fighting. To submit a name for the Yellow Wall, send a PM to the event mule with their name. If you want their name to be linked to an entry in TDM’s journal, send a personalized dedication along too. It can be a letter to them, their story, a memory about them, anything you like. (please specify at the beginning of your PM that you would like for the story to be added to the journal.)

Our Wall has become so massive that it now has its own thread. You can visit it in its entirety by clicking the link below.

The Yellow Wall

Click the link below to view the archive of personalized dedications.

The Daffodil Movement's Journal

If you would prefer to tell someone's story yourself, in a way that will always be open for editing or expansion,
you can make a thread for them in the Memorials Forum.

Memorials Forum

User Image

If you would like to affiliate with the Daffodil Movement, send a PM request to Mrs_S_Snape labeled "Affiliation Request". Send your banner and take any of ours that you like below. Your banner will be placed here, in a thread on the home forum of the guild.

Affiliates will be checked occasionally for alive-ness and they will also be posted in by our mule when TDM is coming up.

User Image

You can find even more banners on this page of the guild.

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/TDM2013][img]http://tinyurl.com/cpunj9y[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/TDM2013][img]http://tinyurl.com/bp7eqoc[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/TDM2013][img]http://tinyurl.com/d4ct5uq[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/TDM2013][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Airema/TDM/skinny2.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/TDM2013][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Airema/TDM/template.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/TDM2013][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Airema/TDM/skinny.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff