Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Conversationalist

3,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User ImageThe Daffodil Movement 2007User Image

User Image

First Post: Table of Contents
Second Post: What is this About?
Third Post: How we're going to do it.
Fourth Post: In the Know
Fifth Post: User Quilt
Sixth Post: Link Us
Seventh Post: Link You

"Even though young Gino could never live up to his father, he loved him dearly. As his father fell, Gino followed -- even as his father's body broke against the tower. Gino fell with him all the way to the end."

Dapper Conversationalist

3,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
User ImageWhat is This About?User Image

On April 9th, 2006, Long Vo lost his father, Van Thanh Vo, to cancer. In case you don't know, Long (who goes by the name VO here on Gaia) is the art director of Gaia Online. He helps make all those nifty manga's we get to read and helps with all of Gaia's artists on making new things for the site. Whether they be banners or items.

Last year, there was a daffodil movement in memory of Long's father who died at the age of sixty-three. I wanted to make a new movement in honor and memory of that day, and what Long and his family had to go through. I want to show him that we, the Gaians, still support him.

If you'd like to join in, please continue reading.

I have also included links to Long's Journal entries regarding this situation.

The Dedication to his Father
In Memory of Van Thanh Vo

Dapper Conversationalist

3,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
User ImageHow We're Going to Do ThisUser Image

Starting April first, we will each don a bouquet of yellow daffodils. Whether you have only a single daffodil bouquet, or a deluxe bouquet, any show of support helps!

We will continue wearing these daffodils throughout the month of April.

I could make a big "member-list" and keep a bunch of people here in the post, but if we all posted here, showing Long our support through our words, I feel that it would be better.

If you do post here, include some words of encouragment or even a simple "how do you do". This thread is here to show that we still care, we still remember and we'll still always be a form of support for our administrative team.

Only PM me if you are giving me a picture of your avatar for the user quilt, or if you have a question that is not answered here! Do NOT PM me just telling me you'd like to be part of the movement or anything of that nature. If you PM me with your comments to Long, he won't see them! Post here so he will! Thank you.

Dapper Conversationalist

3,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
User ImageIn The KnowUser Image

Can you relate to this somehow? Have a friend or family member that has suffered from cancer, or is suffering? Feel free to share your stories and get the support of others here while we recognize this time. Also, feel free to provide any information you feel may be useful to others.

greenshamrock
Hello, what an excellent idea. My Mom's brother and sister have both been taken by cancer and my Mom is terminal now with it. Her birthday is April 4th but we don't expect her to make it that long. She will be 67 and my father also had cancer before he passed away from other medical problems. I, myself am currently in remission after I received treatment 13 years ago for this.

Maybe you can change the wording in the first post a bit to include all other Gaians that have lost a loved one or currently have a loved one suffering from this deadly desiese. I know there is a petition thread asking for cancer ribbons to wear on our avatars. Maybe you can add a link here for that petition aswell. Just suggestions.

It seems to be running at an almost epidemic rate now and affects so many lives. I will gladly support this thread and also the cause. I don't know how to made a box for the quilt but would like to be on it please.

Jaded Sunset
Big hugsssssss =(

I'll not only support, I'll send out tons of yellow daffodils through April, too.

Well.. not spam flooding, but gifts I suppose.

My Grandmother survived Breast Cancer, only to be stricken down with lukemia.. She was healing, getting stronger.. Till a nurse broke up a pill that was supposed to be swallowed whole.. She died a few days later.. My Mother had skin cancer for years, but got it removed from her temple a few years ago.. It's still there, but it isn't deadly..

My Aunt, her twin, has lukemia and is slowly dieing from it..

Gosh.. They say things happen for a reason, but it's hard to see those reasons and how to move past it all.. April is also the Month when my beloved Grandmother passed away.. I support more than whole-heartidly, I support with every cell and molecule in my body.

[Mochi]
Coincidentally, me and a friend were talking about Vo's dad's death. She was wondering why he didn't go much to Fanime last year, and I had to explain to her everything that had happened.

My grandmother died over 2-3 years ago, from a terminal brain cancer. Coincidentally, she's also viet. O_o And the doctors already gave up hope on her, since she was around 74 at that time and it was too risky to do much. What is terrible is how she was fine one day, and the next day, she got lost in a neighborhood sh'es been around for over 40 years. SHe lived in Paris, so the long distance relationship was hard.

When I finally came to her a few months later during summer vacation, it was terrible to see how much she had changed. She used to be energetic, and we could barely keep up with her. But now, she needed assistance in everything you could think off. She couldn't talk at all. I stayed there for three weeks. I was watched her deteriorate from her already bad condition, having a hard time talking and barely able to walk, to being completely dependant on others, unable to even feed herself. And she used to be the one feeding me when I was a baby.

I think the worst thing struck on the last day of her life, when I was back at home. My mom got a call that my grandmother was breathing loudly, and raspy.

Sometimes I wished my mom wasn't a dentist. She immediately told the person on teh other side of the line that she was going to die tonight, and they'd better call everyone to say their goodbyes. Its terrible when you know that she's going to die. I had to watch my mom completely break down into tears, which was so new to me.

Everyone says that she died surrounded by family, with everyone in the apartment of hers. Someone told me that her eyes lit up as she died. I'm glad that she's in a better place now, but I can't help feeling left behind.

So yeah! I would like to support VO again like last year. =3
My gradmother's death was the first death I experienced. I'm still young, so I;m quite naive with these things. ^^' I'm not sure whether I can compare it to a parent's death, and I understand you compeltely with your sturggle to live up to your dad, since though I'm a girl, and struggle with it everyday. Its amazing how VO trusted Gaia, and posted all of that news on him.

-[[Yreka!]]-
Although I didn't know her too well, one of my aunts passed away last summer ago due to a combination of liver and brain cancer at the same time. The doctors believe that the liver cancer was what killed her though. The first time I saw her, I vaguely remember her being extremely energetic. The second time I visited, she was a few years older and by then the liver cancer had likely taken hold. She was diagnosed about two weeks later. A couple of months later she was then diagnosed with brain cancer likely caused by the liver cancer travelling through her blood stream. Although chemotherapy did help for a while, her condition progressively worsened. My mom decided that we might as well visit her again at that point. We stayed for a few weeks in which she became weaker and weaker. When we arrived, she was still able to move around decently. By the time we left, she was confined to her bed. In that time I had grown attached to a few of my cousins. One of them had just died due to leukemia and I can't even start to describe what they were going through, losing their mother so soon after their brother (two sisters were left) had died. The doctors were forced to remove my aunt from chemo due to her critically low white blood cell count. Soon after she was told she was going to die in a month or two. Although I was able to see her one more time, she was only able to look at people and speak very softly. I left for home due to solid plans while my mom stayed by her. They weren't siblings, but still extremely close. My aunt died at the young age of 43 after the toxins in her blood forced doctors to put her into intensive care. She passed away in the transfer from her normal room to the intensive care wing of the hospital. Her children were thankfully asleep when the news came in that she had died, but I heard that they weren't able to realize that she was gone for a few more weeks. I still see them sometimes though.

Dapper Conversationalist

3,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
User ImageUser QuiltUser Image

This is an area that will contain the User Quilt. All you have to do is PM me a 50x56 pixel headshot of your avatar with a simple black border around it to be in the quilt. The more users we have, the more support we can show! smile

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Conversationalist

3,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
Link Us

[url=http://tinyurl.com/32c7b5][img]http://tinyurl.com/3c36xg[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/32c7b5][img]http://tinyurl.com/34ao6p[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/32c7b5][img]http://i12.tinypic.com/2eme5gy.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/32c7b5][img]http://i5.tinypic.com/47x6q8w.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/32c7b5][img]http://tinyurl.com/3y3hlb[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/32c7b5][img]http://tinyurl.com/2ebnx6[/img][/url]

Dapper Conversationalist

3,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
Link Them

If you'd like me to provide a link for a project of yours, this will be the place. Just remember to link us in your thread too!

Dapper Conversationalist

3,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
Whew. eek

Now to wait for word to get out. ._.;;

Sign me up.
c:

EDIT:
OH WAIT.
xDDDDDD

TO VOOOOO :
Every Gaian here supports you and wishes you well on the anniversary of a tragic day. o. o
uhm.
not really great with words.
D8

m o d o <3
Ello. Tis Interesting. xD.
moo moo. ninja i'll work on this I will.
Hello, what an excellent idea. My Mom's brother and sister have both been taken by cancer and my Mom is terminal now with it. Her birthday is April 4th but we don't expect her to make it that long. She will be 67 and my father also had cancer before he passed away from other medical problems. I, myself am currently in remission after I received treatment 13 years ago for this.

Maybe you can change the wording in the first post a bit to include all other Gaians that have lost a loved one or currently have a loved one suffering from this deadly desiese. I know there is a petition thread asking for cancer ribbons to wear on our avatars. Maybe you can add a link here for that petition aswell. Just suggestions.

It seems to be running at an almost epidemic rate now and affects so many lives. I will gladly support this thread and also the cause. I don't know how to made a box for the quilt but would like to be on it please.
T-T I'm not really good with words and stuff, but you know I support this <333

You do, right? D{: Well, you should now

WE LOVE YOU VO! T-T <333 + lots of more love

Edit: I'm gonna make you a banner <33 'cuz you're awesome, and deserve a bunch of prettyful banners, to go with such a prettyful thread :}D
You made me cry Cid! crying

I have to wear my Daffodill outfit now.
mpluver
You made me cry Cid! crying

I have to wear my Daffodill outfit now.
I cried too T-T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers