Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 >

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
User Image

THE Festival itself was December 22 - 26, 2012! Thank you for your participation!
Winners will be announced and prizes awarded soon!

See below for fun games and other ways to support our fantastic Gaian charities!

Navigation

1. Introduction
2. THE Way to Get a Ticket
3. THE Participating Charities
4. THECharity Game
5. THE Bumping Contest (only in this thread)
6. THE Guild Tektek Contests
7. THE Charity Team Spirit of Christmas Game (in the Chatterbox)
8. THE Logic Puzzles (please PM answers to AnnElf)
9. THE Word Association Game (can be played here AND in the guild)
10. THE Discover the Rule Game (only available in the guild)
11. Dear Santa Contest
12. Reserved for details of the Party coming sometime in late December!
13. How Charities Can Participate
14. Other Christmas Events
15. Banners to this event
15. Banners and Ticket graphics

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 2 ~ THE Way to Get Your Ticket

• Start a trade with me, THE Santa Claus. Change the title of the trade to include the word "Ticket." (If you have trouble changing the trade title, this thread might help: How to Start a Trade with Santa) Mules may buy tickets and participate, too.

• Add at least 1000g to the trade. Then PM me so I know it's there. My inbox keeps track of far more items than my bank.

• I will confirm it once to let you finish the trade.
    I have to cancel empty trades and you will have to start it again in order to keep my bank working.

• After you confirm it again, I will finish the trade and PM you a ticket.
    I will add your name to THE Ticket Holders list so you are an Official Ticket Holder.
    You MUST be listed in THE Guild Sticky "THE Ticket Holders and Donators are Loved!" to be eligible to win prizes.
    If I haven't confirmed it after a while, please PM me to let me know it's there. If you do not PM me, the bank may lose your trade and you won't get your ticket! Thanks.

TICKETS GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO DONATE TO MANY CHARITIES AT ONCE, AND PARTICIPATE IN ALL KINDS OF FUN ACTIVITIES!
SEE
THE GUILD FOR MORE FUN THREADS!

If you are listed in this Guild Sticky "THE Ticket Holders and Donators are Loved!" but have lost your ticket, feel free to use one of these:

User Image
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.83218905][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/SantaClausTHE/FestTic3.gif[/IMG][/url]

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250

Aged Gaian

6,500 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Post 4 ~ THE Charity Game

* THE Charity Christmas Jubilee Detective Game will run December 22-26, 2012. DO NOT START EARLY.

* You must have a ticket to win a prize. Tickets are at least 1000g. You can buy a ticket from THE Santa Claus. All ticket holders may play, including mules, but each must PM me their answer. Ticket holders must be listed in "THE Ticket Holders and Donators are Loved!" thread to be eligible to win.

* Each Participating Charity has posted a banner linked to this event on their first page. Near the banner is a text description of what item each charity is "bringing" to THE Christmas Charity Festival. Look for the banner somewhere on the first page of each charity's thread.

* Use the "Participating Charities" form in Post 3 of this thread to keep track of which item each charity is "bringing to THE Christmas Charity Festival". It will be posted on December 22, 2012. I'm not worried about every word being perfect, but they must be listed with their charities. Please only use up to 4 words for each charity to describe what they are showing so I can see quickly that you have the right answers.

* PM me, THE Little Helper Elf, "THE List of Charities" in a PM, to me, with what they are "bringing" . Do not begin early, as Santa will be adding new charities up until the end of the pre-event. Please do not post the completed form anywhere on this thread.

* ONE winner will get THE Grand Prize of Thank You Letter for February 2005, chosen by random number drawing.

Participants:

Here is the list of participants for THE Christmas Charity Festival Detective game in order of PM received.

1. maddyj1995
2. yaminakathy the 2nd
3. FurrySoft
4. OtherWorldShukumei

Aged Gaian

6,500 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Post 5 ~ THE Bumping Contest

Welcome to the bumping portion of THE Christmas Charity Festival event. I hope you will take some time to read over the guidelines, so this can go as smoothly as possible. Thank you.

1. Purchase a ticket from THE Santa Claus (start and complete a trade). Tickets cost 1000g.
2. After you have purchased a ticket (or if you are in the process of purchasing one) you may start bumping in this thread.
3. Please send a PM to me, THE Little Helper Elf, with BUMPING CONTEST in the title before you start. Let me know if you are a regular bumper or if you are for a charity.
4. If you're bumping for a charity and yourself, every bump MUST BE SEPARATE. One bump for you can't also be one bump for the charity.
5. Each bump needs to go in a separate post. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
6. Number your bumps. Failure to do so will result in being voided. Meaning: They will not count.
7. If you are bumping for a charity, it MUST state that in every post. You may use their logos, banners or words. If there is no name of a charity, I will count it as a regular bump for you.
8. You must be on THE List by the end of the event to win a prize.
9. Have fun and be nice to everyone!!
10. If you are unclear of the rules, please re-read the rules again before you PM me.

There will be Pre-Event winners and Event winners. Charities will get extra gold depending on their post counts.

Pre-Event Contest is from 12:01am PST, November 22, 2012 - December 22, 2012, ends 10pm PST.
Regular bumpers MUST start over with their numbering on December 22, 2011, at 10pm. I will post on the thread to let you all know that regular bumpers need to start over.
Charity numbering will continue throughout the pre-event and event.
THE Christmas Charity Festival main event Bumping Contest is from 10pm PST December 22, 2012, and ends at 10pm PST on December 26, 2012.

1st Prize Pre-Event and Event winner will get a Santa's Giftbox 2k5 (1 of 8 ) and 5k
2nd Prize Pre-Event and Event winner will get a Polar Bear Hat and 3k
3rd Prize Pre-Event and Event winner will get a Blue Magical Giftbox and 1k

Pre-Event winnings
Bumping
1st Prize: OtherWorldShukumei
2nd Prize: maddyj1995
3rd Prize: none

Event winnings
Bumping
1st Prize: maddyj1995 - 10
2nd Prize: OtherWorldShukumei - 4
3rd Prize: none

Pre-Event Standings:
Updated to page - 6

1. maddyj1995 - 8
2. OtherWorldShukumei - 11

Event Standings
Updated to page: 16

1. maddyj1995 - 10
2. OtherWorldShukumei - 4

Charity Bumps
updated to page 16

1. got birthday Charity - 5
2. THE Christmas Charity - 9
3. YDA Charity - 15
4. The Ninja Charity - 110

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 6 ~ Guild Daily Tektek Contests!

User Image

There will be FIVE Tektek Contests this event! Each day will have it's own theme. You may post your tektek for each theme day listed below at any time; just identify which theme it is. While you may only post one tektek per theme, you may post one for every theme! You are encouraged to post a short explanation of why you chose the items you did. Please ONLY POST in the TekTek contest thread in the guild (click banner above to get there).

Prizes to be announced!

Good luck!

December 22: Winter Solstice - the shortest, darkest day of the year
December 23: Elf Day - dress like an elf!
December 24: Reindeer Day - dress like a reindeer!
December 25: Christ's Birthday
- dress to represent the Reason for the Season (your reason may differ from others)
December 26: Toys/Gifts Day - dress up with your favorite "gifts" of the season

~ Thank you, Goldine, for hosting this event contest! ~

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 7~ THE Charity Team Spirit of Christmas Game
(in the Chatterbox)!

This game is played in THE Charity Team Spirit of Christmas Game Chatterbox Thread.

This game supports Gaian Charities at Christmas time. In the thread you will see all the participating charities in THE Christmas Charity Festival. You can help support them in one of two ways
IN
THE Charity Team Spirit of Christmas Game Chatterbox Thread:

* Post the name of the charity you wish to support. *

or

* Randomly Generate a Number as instructed while quoting the second post. *
Whichever charity's number you roll gets the support.

Charities will be awarded extra gold from THE Event based on the support they get
in
THE Charity Team Spirit of Christmas Game Chatterbox Thread, so post often there!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 8 ~ Logic Puzzles

User Image

To be eligible to win prizes, you must buy a ticket to THE Christmas Charity Festival (only 1000g) and solve at least one of the Puzzles below.

Clever Elves who solve at least one of Puzzles will be entered in a raffle to win a
User Image Thank You Letter for April 2007 containing
User ImageLunar Scythe, User ImageAquatica or User ImageOculus Magica!

AnnElf will choose a random Clever Elf by counting all correct puzzle solutions and then using Gaia's Random Number generator to pick a number to win. So the more puzzles you solve, the more chances you have to win!

Each logic puzzle will get progressively harder. You may PM
AnnElf about them as often as you like. This is not "first answer = only answer" situation. We definitely believe in second (and third and so on) chances! Please do NOT Post your answers anywhere.

Please keep your answers in the order given in the introduction.

Thanks to Everett Kaser who designed the game Sherlock, upon which all these puzzles were based.

Please PM
AnnElf your solutions. Good luck and enjoy!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 9 ~ THE Word Association Games!

User Image

You know this game. Just post the word that the last poster's word makes you think of first.

Word-association game can be played both in the guild (click the banner above) or here in this thread.

No prizes, just have fun!

Merry Christmas!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 10 ~ THE Discover the Rule Game

User Image

The object of the game is to use logic to Discover the Rule of the Post. Rules can describe colors used or figures (numbers or letters) used in the post. Or the rules can describe what is NOT used. More complex rules can define the order of elements or groups of elements (like must include any odd number).

Thanks to JoyRose for hosting this game and providing the prize:

10,000g to every winner!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 11 ~ Dear Santa Contest

User Image'

To be eligible to win a prize, you must buy a ticket to THE Christmas Charity Festival (only 1,000g).

What You Might Win:
*You may only ask for a Gaia item. We can't send you a bike in the mail.
*The Gaian item you ask for cannot be worth more than 250k. Santa has a lot of gifts to give out, and his elves can only fork out so much to help. This isn't to say to find an item worth exactly 250k and expect it. Items worth less than 100k are more likely to be given.
*In order to qualify for a prize, the item you ask for must be in your PUBLIC Wishlist. If your profile is hidden, we can't see it. If the item you ask for is not in your wishlist, you won't be able to win.
*You can only ask for one item. You won't be disqualified for listing two items (you'd only get one if you won), but you will be disqualified if there are three or more items in your letter.
*There will be at least one winner. Depending on funds, we may be able to grant a few more wishes. The more variety of things people ask for, the more likely we will be able to help more than one or two Gaians.
*I, OtherWorldShukumei, will be reading all the letters and choosing a few that I like the most to win. Other Elves might help out in choosing or contribute to prizes (see second post if you're an Elf interested in being involved).

How to Write your Letter:
*You can write your letter in multiple ways. Either way, all letters must be posted in this thread only. Don't PM or post it in the main Charity Event thread.
*You can simply type out and post your letter. You may add colors and other coding to pretty it up if you wish.
*You can write your letter on a Christmas-themed image using an image manipulator program like Paint or Photoshop. If the image is large and will stretch the page, please "link" the image rather than embedding it into the post.
*You can hand-write a letter and scan the image to show us. Again, if the image is large, please "link" it.
*The more interesting the letter, the more likely you are to win a prize. Posts that are just the item you want will not count. Think about a letter and what it includes. Structure and grammar will be looked upon highly. Imaginative and creative letters will take the top.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 12 ~ Reserved

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 13 ~ How To Be a Participating Charity!

User Image
Step # 1: Please post a banner somewhere on the first page of your charity. Feel free to use the banner to the right with this code:

[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.83218905][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/SantaClausTHE/FestBan1.png[/IMG][/url]

Step # 2: Next to the banner, post a brief text description of what festival attraction represents your charity at THE Christmas Charity Festival. Try to keep the description brief so the match can be quickly verified by those who play THE Charity Game. Thanks.

Step # 3: Please post your charity's name and link in this thread and/or PM it to me, THE Santa Claus, so I know you're participating.

Step # 4: Keep actively giving just as you always do throughout the event. All charities that have been giving for at least one month prior to the event are eligible to participate.

Thank you for helping make Gaia the fantastic site it is!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 14 ~ Other Christmas Events
Please PM me, THE Santa Claus, to have your event added to this post.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 15 ~ Banners

User Image Thank you, JoyRose!
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.83218905][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/SantaClausTHE/FestBan3.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image Thank you, smgirl825!
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.83218905][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/SantaClausTHE/FestBan1.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image Thank you, JoyRose!
(Not signature-friendly - too big)
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.83218905][img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/SantaClausTHE/FestBan.png[/img][/url]

User Image Thank you, p3Blossom! (Not sig-friendly)
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.83218905][img]http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab112/ePinayCutieOnSite/ePinaysGifs/135257359935479.gif[/img][/url]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff