1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 41 42 43 > >>

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
User Image

There are three holidays that coincide the weekend of May 24-28:

Shavout (Jewish celebration of the giving of the Ten Commandments and First Fruits harvest),
Pentecost (Christian celebration of the Holy Spirit starting the church once Christ returned to heaven), &
Memorial Day (American celebration of the lives given in service to their country).
Therefore, our theme is the power of Three. Welcome to

THE Charity Triple Treat!

There is also a bumping contest in the Chatterbox: User Image

Navigation

1. Introduction
2. THE Way to Get a Ticket
3. THE Participating Charities
4. THECharity Game
5. THE Bumping Contests
6. THE Three Guild Tektek Contests
7. THE Collect 9 Fruits of the Spirit Game
8. THE Water Fight Game (only in the guild)
9. THE Writing Contest (sponsored by the Pink Bunny Slippers Club guild)
10. THE Word Association Game (can be played here and in the guild)
11. THE Discover THE Rule Game (only in the guild)
12. How Charities Can Participate
13. Affiliates
14. Banners and Ticket graphics
15. Freebies

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 2 ~ THE Way to Get Your Ticket

• Start a trade with me, THE Santa Claus. Change the title of the trade to include the word "Ticket." (If you have trouble changing the trade title, this thread might help: How to Start a Trade with Santa) Mules may buy tickets and participate, too.

• Add at least 1000g to the trade. Then PM me so I know it's there. My inbox keeps track of far more items than my bank.

• I will confirm it once to let you finish the trade.
    I have to cancel empty trades and you will have to start it again in order to keep my bank working.

• After you confirm it again, I will finish the trade and PM you a ticket.
    I will add your name to THE Ticket Holders list so you are an Official Ticket Holder.
    You MUST be listed in THE Guild Sticky "THE Ticket Holders and Donators are Loved!" to be eligible to win prizes.
    If I haven't confirmed it after a while, please PM me to let me know it's there. If you do not PM me, the bank may lose your trade and you won't get your ticket! Thanks.

TICKETS GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO DONATE TO MANY CHARITIES AT ONCE, AND PARTICIPATE IN ALL KINDS OF FUN ACTIVITIES!
SEE
THE GUILD FOR MORE FUN THREADS!

If you are listed in this Guild Sticky "THE Ticket Holders and Donators are Loved!" but have lost your ticket, feel free to use one of these:

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250

Aged Gaian

6,500 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
~Post 4 ~ THE Charity Triple Treat Detective Game~

* THE Charity Triple Treat Detective Game will run May 24-28, 2012.

* You must have a ticket to win a prize. Tickets are at least 1000g. You can buy a ticket from THE Santa Claus. All ticket holders may play, including mules, but each must PM me their answer. Ticket holders must be listed in "THE Ticket Holders and Donators are Loved!" thread to be eligible to win.

* Each Participating Charity has posted a banner linked to this event on their first page. Near the banner is a text description of what item each charity is "bringing" to THE Charity Triple Treat.

Look for this somewhere on the first page of each charity's thread.
User Image

* Use the "Participating Charities" form in Post 3 of this thread to keep track of which item each charity is "bringing to THE Charity Triple Treat". It will be posted on May 24, 2012. I'm not worried about every word being perfect, but they must be listed with their charities. Please only use up to 4 words for each charity to describe what they are showing so I can see quickly that you have the right answers.

* PM me, THE Little Helper Elf, "THE List of Charities" in a PM, to me, with what they are "bringing" . Do not begin early, as Santa will be adding new charities up until the end of the pre-event. Please do not post the completed form anywhere on this thread.

* I will accept answers until May 29th at 10pm PST.

* ONE winner will get THE Grand Prize of Thank You Letter September 2006, User Image chosen by random number drawing.

Participants:

Here is the list of participants for THE Charity Triple Treat Detective game in order of PM received.

1. Winged Tree Nymph
2. maddyj1995
3. Mighty Chicken Lady
4. FurrySoft

Aged Gaian

6,500 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
~ Post 5: Bumping Contest Guidelines ~

Welcome to the bumping portion of THE Charity Triple Treat event. I hope you will take some time to read over the guidelines, so this can go as smoothly as possible. Thank you.

1. Purchase a ticket from THE Santa Claus (start and complete a trade). Tickets cost 1000g.
2. After you have purchased a ticket (or if you are in the process of purchasing one) you may start bumping.
3. Please send a PM to me, THE Little Helper Elf, with BUMPING CONTEST in the title before you start. Let me know if you are a regular bumper or if you are for a charity.
4. If you're bumping for a charity and yourself, every bump MUST BE SEPARATE. One bump for you can't also be one bump for the charity.
5. Each bump needs to go in a separate post. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
6. Number your bumps. Failure to do so will result in being voided. Meaning: They will not count.
7. If you are bumping for a charity, it MUST state that in every post. You may use their logos, banners or words. If there is no name of a charity, I will count it as a regular bump for you.
8. You must be on THE List by the end of the event to win a prize.
9. Have fun and be nice to everyone!!
10. If you are unclear of the rules, please re-read the rules again before you PM me.

There will be Pre-Event winners and Event winners. Charities will get extra gold depending on their post counts.

Pre-Event Bumping Contest is from 12:01am PST, May 1, 2012, and ends May 23, 2012, 10pm PST.

Regular bumpers MUST start over with their numbering on May 23, 2012, at 10pm. I will post on the thread to let you all know that regular bumpers need to start over.
Charity numbering will continue throughout the pre-event and main event.

THE Charity Triple Treat main event Bumping Contest is from May 24-28, 2012, and ends at 10pm PST on May 28, 2012.

Pre-Event winnings

1st Prize: Thank You Letter April 2008 User Image
2nd Prize: Starmony User Image
3rd Prize: Blue Magical Giftbox User Image

Event winnings

1st Prize: Thank You Letter April 2008 User Image
2nd Prize: Starmony User Image
3rd Prize: Blue Magical Giftbox User Image

Pre-Event Standings:
Updated thru page - 9

1. maddyj1995 - 16
2. Vamantha - 45

Event Standings
Updated to page: 43

1. Winged Tree Nymph - 116
2. maddyj1995 - 14
3. Vamantha - 2
4. bluejmsam17 - 235

Charity Bumps

1. THE Christmas Charity - 6
2. NSTG - 13
3. Aalyve Wyyre's Charity and Quest thread - 46
4. got birthday Charity - 10

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 6 ~ Guild TekTek Contests with Prizes!

User Image
<3Host: Goldine.
<3THREE TekTek Contests!
<3Prize for the winner of each contest:
<3Enchanted Trunk User Image plus 10,000g!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 7 ~ Fruits of the Spirit Game

User Image

The object of this game is to collect all nine Fruits of the Spirit by collecting each number from 1 to 9.

Every person who collects all 9 fruits will get a small prize.

One lucky winner will get an Archangel's Blade!
User Image

AnnElf will award the grand prize by raffle among all the people who collected all 9 fruits.
AnnElf will assign each successful collector a number, and will use the Random Number Generator to pick the winning number in the guild thread linked in the banner above.

User Image

How to Play:

1. You MUST be listed in the
Ticket Holders thread to be eligible to play this game. Please do not post for this game until you see your name there. You can play here or in THE Collect All 9 Fruits Game thread in the guild. Please play your whole game in EITHER one of those places, but not both.

2. Randomly Generate a number from 1 to 9. Post this form to keep track of which fruits you have collected:

[size=14][color=limegreen]I have collected:[/color][/size][color=darkgreen]
1 (Love) ~ still needs to be collected.
2 (Joy) ~ still needs to be collected.
3 (Peace) ~ still needs to be collected.
4 (Patience) ~ still needs to be collected.
5 (Kindness) ~ still needs to be collected.
6 (Goodness) ~ still needs to be collected.
7 (Faithfulness) ~ still needs to be collected.
8 (Gentleness) ~ still needs to be collected.
9 (Self-Control) ~ still needs to be collected.[/color]

3. Edit your form to remove "still needs to be" from the fruit you collected, so that it will say that fruit "~ collected."

4. Quote yourself the next time you post so you have your current form. Edit it if you collect a new fruit. If you collect a duplicate, just ignore that post and try again.

5. The object of the game is to collect all nine Fruits. When you have collected all nine numbers, please quote AnnElf so she doesn't miss it! Here's a code to make that part easier:
[quote="AnnElf"]Congratulations![/quote]
I have collected all NINE Fruits of the Spirit!

Good luck!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 8 ~ Water Fight Game!

User Image

It's a Water Fight!

The object of this game is to score the most drops of water!

How to Play

Step 1. You MUST be listed in the Ticket Holders thread to be eligible to play this game. Please do not post until you see your name there. All posts for this game must be in the guild thread linked to the banner above.

Step 2. Roll a six-sided dice, just one.

1. ~ You dropped the water balloon on your toe! You LOSE one drop.
  2. ~ You missed. Were you even aiming? Score zero.
  3. ~ You almost got 'em. Barely missed. Score zero.
  4. ~ You Got 'em! Just barely. Score ONE drop.
  5. ~ Good one! Dead on! Score THREE drops!
  6. ~ Look who found the hose! Score SIX drops!

Step 3. Keep a running total of your drops scored.
Highest score on May 28th wins Blaze Cluster User Image
Second Place wins Starmony User Image
Third Place wins Enki's Catch User Image

Good luck!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 9 ~ THE Writing Contest
User Image

This contest is open to all ticket holders. All forms of writing are welcome.
Thank you to Shanra the Dragon Bard for providing the Pink Bunny Slippers prize!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 10 ~ THE Word Association Game

User Image

Word Association Game means you post the word or short phrase that the last one posted makes you think of first.

You can play this game in the guild
here or in this thread.

Have fun!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 11 ~ Discover THE Rule Game

This complex game from JoyRose can only be played in the guild thread. Click the banner below.

User Image

Discover THE Rule is based on an Icehouse game called Zendo.

The object of the game is to use logic to Discover the Rule of the Post. Rules can describe colors used or figures (numbers or letters) used in the post. Or the rules can describe what is NOT used. More complex rules can define the order of elements or groups of elements (like must include any odd number).

Currently playing the Fifth Puzzle, which can be found in the FIFTH Post.

Prizes for ALL Winners = 10k from JoyRose!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 12 ~ How Charities Can Participate!

User ImageStep # 1: Please post a banner somewhere on the first page of your charity. Feel free to use the banner to the right with this code:

[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.78837919][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/SantaClausTHE/T3Tic.gif[/IMG][/url]

Step # 2: Next to the banner, post a brief text description of what treat represents your charity at THE Charity Triple Treat. Try to keep the description brief so the match can be quickly verified by those who play THE Charity Game. Thanks.

Step # 3: Please post your charity's name and link in this guild thread and/or PM it to me, THE Santa Claus, so I know you're participating.

Step # 4: Keep actively giving just as you always do throughout the event. All charities that have been giving for at least one month prior to the event are eligible to participate.

Thank you for helping make Gaia the fantastic site it is!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 13 ~ Affiliates!

Please PM me if you would like to affiliate with my event!

User Image

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 14 ~ Banners to THE Event

User Image
Thank you, The Darkened One II, for this sig-friendly banner!
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.78837919][img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/SantaClausTHE/charity2.png[/img][/url]

User Image
Thank you, The Darkened One II!
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.78837919][img]http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr176/leahanneklabbers/Gaia_images/gaiacommishs/charity.png[/img][/url]

User Image
Thank you, JoyRose!
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.78837919][img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/SantaClausTHE/T3Banner.png[/img][/url]

User Image
Thank you, JoyRose!
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.78837919][img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/SantaClausTHE/T3Tic.gif[/img][/url]

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 15 ~ Freebies!

Please PM me if you would like any freebies added to this post. Thank you.

User Image <3 To help foster friendships on Gaia,
<3 JoyRose will make one free patch for each Gaian who asks.
<3 Just fill out the form and post it in her Free Friendship Quilt Patch thread linked to the left!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff