Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Survivor

11,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Party Member 100
User Image

Welcome!
My presence of Gaia has patchy at best, so this may be the most this thread ever comes to, but I've left what is here up! Enjoy, learn, and hit me up if you want to help pick the project up. I still all the images from around 2003-2015ish. I am aware that Photobucket is watermarking the images now but unless there is any particular interest I don't have the time to fix it right. I might upload to all the images to a Google Drive for everyone to access.

Welcome to The Archive: Gaia's newest library, where we aim to provide Gaians of all ages with all the images from Gaia's past and present that they could need, as well as promote discussion of Gaia's history. So please, feel free to browse through our material, take a seat and learn a little about Gaia's marvellous history!

Currently taking memberships and hiring part-time and full-time staff

About The Archive
Updates
Head Hunters - Wanted images
Rules - Rules
Staff & Members
NPCs - Images of the NPCs throughout history
Events - Images of past Gaia Events
Retro Gear - Mixed Material
Layouts - Past Layouts
Silent Reading Area - Reserved
Staff Tea Room - Reserved
Restricted Section - Reserved

Dapper Survivor

11,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Party Member 100
User Image

Gaia has been my home on the Internet on and off for over seven years, and counting. It's had its ups and its downs, and it's grown up with a lot of us. The layouts have changed, the characters have changed, and the people have changed, but Gaia would be nothing without all of it!

On 14th March 2008, while browsing the GCD, I ventured into an NPC fan thread just to have a look. As I scrolled down I came across some memorable pictures of Gino, and smiled as I do when I find images from Gaia's past, and the thought hit me, rather softly, but there was contact. So I scurried off and made a thread entitled: "An Image Archive for Gaia. Is there one? Would you like one?"
The response was outstanding.
A few people said there had been some on Gaia related websites, but no one knew of one within the Gaia forums.
My mission was set.
To create an archive of all the images from Gaia's past and present, that I could possibly get hold of, for reference and use by my fellow Gaians.

The Archive's central focus and goal is to collect together as much of Gaia's history into one place to create a resource for anyone to use.
Secondarily is to form a community of Gaian's with the similar interest of how Gaia is and was, and those who wish to learn about their heritage.

User Image

18 December 2019
Change of Image Host
Hi, long time no see.
I've recently returned to Gaia, for how long? No one knows, its a mystery! My previous image host (Photobucket) has let me down, so I'm shifting to Imgur. Right now I'm just replacing the existing images, but I may be adding more. We'll see what time I have, my life is a busy place.

2 November 2011
2003-2004 Event Images UP!
Though I've not been posting my updates, I've been slowly plodding along with large breaks in between.
I've spent the last two days sorting out all my images in the appropriate folders to make it easier to work with, and combining my collections from my laptop (Orion) to my desktop.
Today has been making new thumbnails for the events on 2003 and 2004 and getting them up and linked. I still need to work on the text for these areas, but this should be most of, if not all of my images so far from these first two years!

23 November 2008
o0o
Kind of came to a grinding hult there didn't it?
Sorry, I had to drop the project for a short time to complete my degree, but don't worry, it's not being discontinued, not by a long shot! I just need time to move, get a job and get a place to live.
Everything should resume in Jan-Feb '09 =w=

16th May 2008
Fanthread Support
We've so far gotten the permission from five six NPC fanthread from the GCD to use their collections of NPC imagery.
These are:
> The TRUTH About TIMMY
> Edmund's Sexy Party - The Official Edmund Fan Thread
> Gino's Harem!
> =The Ruby & Agatha Fanthread=
> The New Marie Fanclub.
> Official Louie Von Helson Media Thread

14 May 2008
Construction Begins!
The construction on The Archive has begin!
We've created the threads Mule, Cam, Resourse Librarian, and we're steadily working our way through the posts and content.
Applications are open for staff members, as well as submissions of images to add to the collection. Send all images to either Smeagi or this account (thread mule)

Once things are set up and we get enough traffic through, we'll be holding a naming contest for the theads mule (currently called TheResourceLibrarian) with either pure or an item prize. Be sure to enter once that's announced!

User Image

The Archive can't function without the support and image donations from you, its visitors. The success of our mission to compile a collection of images for all of Gaia depends on the contribution of all Gaians!

So hunt through your PCs, Macs, laptops, hardrives, CDs and drag out all those images from Gaia's past and send them in, it doesn't matter what it is! It's our job to sort through your junk to find the gems so throw everything and anything at us!

Hunt 'em Down!
Below is a list of specific items we're looking for:
> Old NPC images
> Old store fronts
> Past Layouts
> Banners from any of the old item guides like GEN, SIN, NEXT etc...
> Screencaps or saves from any events
> Memorabilia from events such as 'polaroids' (user made)
> NPC information and missing avatars/profiles

Hiring!
We also need some Gaia Historians for our Event History and general accuracy!
So if you have a good memory of an or all events we'de love to have you!
I've been through most of them myself, but my memory is quite shocking =w=''''
If you're interested let us know!
For more information see the Front Counter [Post 6]

To submit, either post in the thread, or if you wish PM them to either Smeagi or TheResourceLibrarian.
Not everyones images will be used, and any double ups, the first or best quality submission will be used
Everyone who contributes will be listed in the thread.

If you are able to host your submitted images on your own (Imgur, etc) then that would be greatly appreciated. Don't worry if you cannot, the thread has a dedicated Imgur account we use, but any hosting you can provide would be great!

To make things easier we've made three forms for you to use when submitting images.
You don't have to use them, but this is basically the info we'd like to see with all submissions

Official Images
(saves and screencaps)

[color=teal][b]Your image (either image or URL)[/b]:
[b]When is it from (specific date if possible)[/b]:
[b]Is the image yours or from somewhere else (specify)[/b]:
[b]Can you host it for us or would you like us to[/b]:
[b]Any other information you'd like to provide[/b]: [/color]

Edits (Edits on Official images such as NPCs etc)

[b]Is the Edit yours or someone else's (specify)[/b]:

Fanart (any fanart)

[b]Is the art yours or someone else's (specify)[/b]:

Retro Gears (anything else from the past, user made or official whatever you like. if you don't know where it goes, it goes here.)

[b]Is it yours or someone else's (specify)[/b]:

As a final note, large files will be exported into smaller quality jpgs by the staff to allow quicker loading, please don't do this yourself! Please send the highest quality you can.
User Image

Please respect your other visitors and keep the library an enjoyable place

Keep on topic!

Can't stress it enough, we (the staff) have to keep to the sub-forums rules, and so do you. So keep discussions on topic to conversation about Gaia's history, past events, old glitches, current changes, imagery discussion, Gaia styles etc...
We love conversation and a social environment, just as long as it's an on topic one <3

When submitting images, please include the source
Just so we can keep track of where images come from, please tell us if the image was saves/screencapped by you, or if not, where you got it from. If you don't know thats fine, no biggie, but if you can tell us thats great.

Be Respectful
Generally be a pleasant person to be around. We don't mind swearing to a degree, I'm pron to it myself, but avoid being downright abusive to people.

No sechxy time in the library!
Goes without saying but don't cyber xD

Not a Roleplaying thread
A bit of role play is fun, it keeps things lively, but we are not a roleplaying thread. So keep this to a minimum. Unless of course you can discuss on topic while roleplaying, that would be interesting to see.

Leave Quietly
We hope we will never have to ask anyone to leave for disrupting the thread or breaking rules, but if we do, please take it gracefully.

No Begging
We are not a charity.
If you ask for gold or items we'll punch you in the ovaries...regardless of gender.

Don't Directly link Images!
Please don't directly link the images in this archive!
We have a dedicated Photobucket account for all the images, but if people direct link our images it may fail and then the entire archive will fail, so please save the images and host them yourself!

Rules Pending

We'll add to these rules as we see fitting.

We like to be relaxed and have a welcoming environment.

Staff & Members

Staff
These are the staff members here. They will happily help you with any questions you may have regarding The Archive, history, or most anything else...they will however punch you if you ask for items or gold <3
Please only PM them if you don't get a reply in the thread.

Head Librarian & Archiver

Smeagi (Founder)

Library Staff
Supervisor
Job Description:
> A relative level of authority in the thread
> Supervision of Conversation (make sure people are keeping to the rules and topic)
> Junior librarians may not ask people to leave unless they are being out right rude and disruptive. Otherwise please contact Smeagi about minor disruptions.
Official Collector
> Collectors are official image hunters. Their job is to scour Gaia for images for the collection.
Gaia Historian
> Provide historical accounts and summaries of past events in Gaia history, either official or just notable and memorable.
> Assist in the writing of thread information.

If you would like to apply for a librarian position quite simply fill in the form below.
I (Smeagi) will consider all applications personally
As of this time we are only accepting Junior Librarians. Seniors positions are assigned by Smeag.

[color=teal][size=18]Librarian Position Application[/size]
[b]What position are you applying for[/b] (Supervisor/Collector):
[b]Name (Gaia)[/b]:
[b]Gaian Birthday (Joining date)[/b]:
[b]How often are you on Gaia[/b]:
[b]Other obligations (Gaia and rl)[/b]:
[b]Image of the Avatar you wish to appear on your Staff Card[/b]:
[b]Why would you like to become a librarian?[/b]:
[b]Any other information[/b]:[/color]

Library Members
Even though you don't need to be a member of The Archive or have a Library Card to use any of the images supplied here, who doesn't love Library cards?

The Library Membership is an optional membership to The Archive that provides you with a personalized Archive Library Card (new designs for each year).
It costs 200 gold to become a member ( "Wait you have to pay??!!!?" ) and that gold goes towards contests and other funds for The Archive.

So what do I get for being a member?
> A nifty personalized membership card
> Your name on the membership list
> Access to contests in The Archive
> Being part of a friendly family

So how do I apply?
Just fill in the form below, post it in the thread and send a trade of 200g to either Smeag or TheResourceLibrarian with the number of the page your application is on in the trade title.

[color=teal][size=18]Library Membership Application[/size]
[b]Name (Gaia)[/b]:
[b]Gaia Birthday (Joining date)[/b]:
[b]Image of the Avatar you wish to appear on your Library Card[/b]:
[b]How you heard about / found The Archive[/b]:[/color]

User Image

The NPCs (Non-Player Characters) are arguably Gaia's life blood, we can't help but follow their ridiculous lives and dramas, it's like a bad soap-opera...and we love it!

But they weren't always the characters we know and love now, they came from humble beginnings as simple shop attendants (which really they still are now, but with more pajshajsh (pizazz...but better)!
So here is a collection of images of the NPCs throughout Gaia's history.

[NPC] Ian > NPC Profile <
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

[NPC] Rufus the Cat
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

NPC Profile

[NPC] Ruby
User Image User Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image

NPC Profile

[NPC] Peyo
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

NPC Profile

[NPC] Leon
User ImageUser Image

NPC Profile

[NPC] Johnny K. Gambino
User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image User Image

NPC Profile

[NPC] Gino Gambino
User ImageUser Image User Image

NPC Profile

[NPC] Sasha
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Current Avatar

NPC Profile

[NPC] Agatha
NPC Profile

[NPC] Old Man Logan
User Image

NPC Profile

[NPC] Edmund
User ImageUser Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

NPC Profile

[NPC] Louie
User ImageUser Image

[NPC] Moira

NPC Profile

[NPC] Venessa
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

NPC Profile

[NPC] Rina

NPC Profile

[NPC] Liam

NPC Profile

[NPC] Mirai

[NPC] Natasha
User ImageUser Image

[NPC] Nicolae

[NPC] Carl
User Image

[NPC] Radio Jack
User Image

[NPC] Cresento
User Image

[NPC] Julie

[NPC] Flynn Profile Page

User Image

[NPC] Lance
User Image

[NPC] GRS Accountant Ivan
User ImageUser Image

Mintaka / [NPC] Rigel
User Image

[NPC] Dr.Singh and [NPC] Timmy (and [NPC] Gene)
User Image
User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image User Image User ImageUser Image User Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image

[NPC] Prakash Singh
User Image

[NPC] Bucho
User Image

[NPC] Blaze
User ImageUser Image

[NPC] Nova
User Image

[NPC] Jack
User ImageUser Image

NPC Profile

[NPC] Ron Bruise{ Profile Page }
User ImageUser Image

[NPC] Vladimir Von Helson { Profile Page }

User Image
Current Avatar

Unidentified / Unsorted
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sponsorship NPCs
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Gaia has as long history of events. Each year the staff and Gaians alike come together to celebrate Easter, Halloween, Christmas, and many in between.
This section is a collection of memorabilia from these events, both official and user made, such as plotline edits and screencaps.

So lets start at the beginning shall we.

The first year or two don't have any images, why? Because it was sooooooooo long ago that they are hard to find, but if you have any, contribute them and I, Cam, will love you forever.

Ah, 2003, the start of the start, the creation of Gaia!
Thank you to Gaia's First Year Memory Timeline for allowing us to use their information for 2003 <3

First Annual Ball
The first notable event was the First Annual Ball.
A Gaian-run event hosted by Misao. As an unplanned surprise at the end of event, the Gaia staff gave out gifts to everyone..
The items the staff surprised the users with were:
User Image Black Bow Tie (For Guys)
User Image Red Rose Corsage (For The Ladies)

Easter!
This was the first staff run event on Gaia.
And this was the Easter Bunny >w<
User Image
The items released were:
User Image Bunny Slippers
User Image Chicky Slippers

Halloween
The staff really went all out for Halloween this year, so much so the servers crashed under the pressure, but it seems everyone enjoyed themselves none the less.
This was the first candy (or anything) gathering event activity. Gaians went from store to store on the map and recieved candy from NPCs (which were only Sasha, Ian and Ruby/Peyo at this time). Candy was then taken to 'Jack' who exchanged them for a black bag containing an item depending on the combination of flavors.
And here are the items...sooooo many oxO:
User Image Brown Paper Bag | User Image Monster Brown Paper Bag | User Image -_- Brown Paper Bag | User Image :] Brown Paper Bag |
User Image :B Brown Paper Bag | User Image >.< Brown Paper Bag | User Image O_O Brown Paper Bag | User Image ^_^ Brown Paper Bag |
User Image : ) Brown Paper Bag | User Image : P Brown Paper Bag | User Image :3 Brown Paper Bag | User Image XD Brown Paper Bag |
User Image Brown Paper Bag With Holes

User Image Jack's Grab Bag | User Image Jacked-up Shirt - Grab Bag 1 | User Image Jacked-up Shoes - Grab Bag 2 | User Image Jacked-up Pants - Grab Bag 3 |
User Image Jacked-up - Grab Bag 4| User Image Jack's Anger - Grab Bag 5 | User Image Jack's Despair - Grab Bag 6 | User Image Pumpkin Stump - grab Bag 7 |
User Image Kandy Korn Hat - Grab Bag 8

As well as this the staff created a special layout especially for the event.
The homepage was decked in black and orange, and the towns were decorated in ornaments and ghosts! Not to mention our favorite shopkeepers, who all decided to dress up with the members. The layout was removed after Halloween, but it was awesome while it was around!
- Mizuiro in the Gaia's First Year Memory Timeline thread

The third addition to the 03 Halloween event was a dedicated forum.
Sadly this, along with many, if not all, older thread were lost during the server/forum change in later years.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Christmas
Ah, Gaia's first Christmas. How I wish I'd been there to see it, alas, two and a half months late on my part.
Jolly Slippers Attack..
For Christmas the Donation Tree was added in the center of Barton town. The point of it was to give a giftwrapped item to the needy, and in return you'd recieve a box of jolly slippers. The slippers were indeed cute, until some lucky users recieved fairy wings and other wonderful items from the tree.. and all hell broke loose. Users began to get greedy and continuously give items to the tree in order to recieve a lovely gift like those other lucky users, but instead were given many boxes of jolly slippers. Many users had continued to give and give until they realized, at last, that they were not going to get anything fabulous.. and wound up having tons of those slippers instead. Since there were so many members that had continued to donate in order to find some fairy wings (or something else almost as good) there ended up being thousands of jolly slippers flooding Gaia. The selfishness of many users brought pain to many others.. and we are still left drowning in those slippers.

- Mizuiro in the Gaia's First Year Memory Timeline thread

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Here are the items from Christmas 03:
User Image Santa's Gift = User Image Jolly Hat
User Image Christmas Charity Gift = User Image Jolly Slippers

The Gaians also made their own Secret Santa event for the occasion.

Oh 03...
So that was 2003, the beginnings of Gaia as we know it.
So many more things happened that year, more than I could comment on having not seen it all myself, however if you are interested in learning more about 03, I suggest having a read of Gaia's First Year Memory Timeline in the Memorable Posts forum. The link is also in the Silent Reading Section two posts down.

Halloween

User Image User Image User Image User Image
User ImageUser Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User ImageUser Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Christmas
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image

Retro Gears
User Image

What is this?
Well this section is my dedication to what makes Gaia Gaia. It's a collection of useful thread links, Smeagi's Top 5 loses to The Gamem, and quotes.
More or less its a sneak peak into the Gaia culture and what makes us who we are.

User Image

There are literally millions of threads on Gaia, but these are a few I think are worth rerferancing.

Memorable Threads
These are high profile threads that are considered part of Gaia's heritage. Most currently reside in the Memorable Threads Forum.
There are only a few so go have a browse through the forum yourself sometime, it's well worth it!
> how do you get giftrape? - How could we not? One of Gaia's oldest and most famous lols.
> Gaia's First Year Memory Timeline - A Timeline of Gaia's first year. The have kindly allowed us to use their material here. Cheers Guys. Anyone who wasn't around then or wants a good blast from the past should have a read.
> 1ST ANNUAL GAIA FORMAL BALL - Gaia's 1st Annual Ball, run by the users. Gawd I wish I could have taken part.

Resource Threads
These may not be popular threads, but I think they are worth a read.
> [FAQ] Gaia Plot: What's Been Going On - A great resourse for most things you'd want to know about past storyline updates. It hasn't been updates to include some of the latest storyline additions, but it's got the rest.
> DON'T PANIC:HHGGaia. [Old] [New] [Guild] - A lovely resourse for most all you need to know about Gaia and all Gaia related.

The rest...
> -[The G CORP FanThread]-
> Official Jacked-up Jack Fanthread ~ Jackin' yer Webspace
> The TRUTH About TIMMY
> Edmund's Sexy Party - The Official Edmund Fan Thread
> Gino's Harem!
> =The Ruby & Agatha Fanthread=
> The New Marie Fanclub.
> Official Louie Von Helson Media Thread
> Prom Storyline Edits - Edits from the 08 Prom Storyline. It's a good giggle.
> Gaia's Inside Joke? - "Thats like asking how many stars there are in the sky..." Have a better version? Send us the link!
> What the hell is a Bape Cow? - THIS is why I love Gaia.
> Ode to Cigarette - Links to a video OUTSIDE Gaia, just so you're warned.

User Image

Smeagi's Top 5 loses to The Game
I'm man enough to admit when I'm beaten. Here are my Top 5 (and then some) signatures I've lost the Game to.

User Image
"Free Cat"
VermiciousKnid

I haven't laughed this hard and for so long for a long time. Thank you oMo

User Image
"Brix have been Shat"
L0X

I saw the original of this in the Prom edits thread, but that additional like just prefects it.

User Image
"DINOSAUR"
I can't remember =n= I didn't take note of the signature holder.

"Open the Door, Get in the floor, Everyone walk the DINOSAUR"

User Image
"Caution: This is Sparta!"
Don't know =n= Again, didn't take note <3

>w> I can't look at wet floor signs the same.

User Image
"Set Phasers to Stunning"
Another I didn't take note of >.<

Stunning.

User Image
"tryin to woo youse wif mah n00b winks"
DC-Chan

It may be a LOLcat, but it got me.

User Image
"wheeepink"
SinTheStalker

>w<