Welcome to Gaia! ::

Proxy Raider

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
The Art of Gaia :: Your free Gaia gallery!

An online, interactive & fully customizable gallery designed to work with Gaia. You can use it to display anything from art for art-shops to fav pics and past outfits. Please follow the Gaia TOS.

Security Update: In order to protect the Gaia servers, you will be required to enter a CAPTCHA if you change your avatar more than 10 times in an hour.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Project URL: http://theartofgaia.no-ip.org/

:: Features
+ Viewable without registration. You can use your own avatar just by entering your Gaia username or play with another user's avatar!
+ Easy to use, you just enter the picture links and titles and it generates the rest on the spot!
+ Fully customizable. Design your own gallery environment!

:: Known Issues
- reflections do kill Internet Explorer so they have been disabled for that browser. For full eye-candy use a browser that does a good job at rendering JavaScript.
- the avatar sometimes gets stuck in Google Chrome. You need to reload the link if it happens. Currently looking into it.

REMEMBER: The site will never ask for your Gaia password! Never enter your Gaia password anywhere but on gaiaonline.com!

Proxy Raider

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
[ Featured galleries ]

+ KaylaGalela's Gallery | A very nice, dark theme.

Proxy Raider

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
[ Tutorial & Resources ]

:: Adding images

To create a new gallery go to http://theartofgaia.no-ip.org/new. You can add images by entering the title and link and clicking 'Add a new image'. The title is optional and the link requires the http:// part.

Since full-sized images are used and the thumbnails are generated by the browser, the gallery is currently limited to 25 images.

Once two or more pictures have been added you can use the buttons on the right side of the image description to sort the gallery in any order you like!

Tip: The images don't have to be static. You can use animated GIFs to create video displays!

:: Gallery editing

After you finish setting up your gallery you will be provided with an unique administration link. This is tied to your user and nobody can edit your gallery wihtout knowing this link. So keep it private and safe!

When you access the administration link you will be asked for the password you provided during gallery creation.

:: Gallery customization

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The gallery theme consists of a gallery background (1) and a exhibit background (2).

The gallery background (1) will be repeated both horizontally and vertically, so you can use a tile. If you would prefer a full-sized background you can use any picture with a height of 400px and any width. Do try to keep it reduced in size so it can load quickly!

The exhibit background (2 - the light effect) will have a maximum size of 300 x 400px. It is repeated for each image in the gallery and it supports transparency. Use a transparent PNG isntead of a GIF for a better quality.

Tip: You can use an animated GIF as the exhibit background for special effects.

Customizing the gallery is as easy as uploading the pics on a public image hosting site and pasting the two links is the new or edit gallery page! The site will do the rest.

Proxy Raider

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
[ Contests ]

iJuvia's Buddy

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
This is a truly interesting idea dn I wish to say "Thank You" for making it a realistic oppertunity to share Art.

3nodding

(And I am sorry if this Reply is in the wrong place. sweatdrop )

Proxy Raider

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
Giesta
This is a truly interesting idea dn I wish to say "Thank You" for making it a realistic oppertunity to share Art.

3nodding

Thank you! And you're not in the wrong place. This will be the official page of the project. I'm in the process of setting it up ^_^

Proxy Raider

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
Ok, everything is set up and ready to go! If anyone has questions, please go ahead 3nodding

iJuvia's Buddy

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Deep Dazzle
Giesta

3nodding

Thank you! And you're not in the wrong place. This will be the official page of the project. I'm in the process of setting it up ^_^

Thank You, as well for being considerate, I do have a question or questions as well.

I will make a list, perhaps it maybe easier to keep up with.

1) How do you upload your artwork into the Gallery?

2) Will it be on-site (Gaia) or will it Link from Gaia (In its own Tab, or Link)?

3) Are there any "Requirements" for size of the picture or for it amount of data?

Proxy Raider

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
Giesta
Thank You, as well for being considerate, I do have a question or questions as well.

2) Will it be on-site (Gaia) or will it Link from Gaia (In its own Tab, or Link)?

3) Are there any "Requirements" for size of the picture or for it amount of data?

1) You don't need to upload files. You just add the links to the pictures on your album or public image sharing site. You can also sort them in any order you like.

2) Since it's a fan made tool it won't be on Gaia. It sits on http://theartofgaia.no-ip.org (I chose a free domain name).

When you create a gallery it will give you a public link and the forum code to share your gallery as well as a secret administration link to later edit your gallery.

3) There are no requirements for the size of the images. They are resized by the browser and shown at full size when you click on them in the gallery. Therefore I had to limit the number of images you can add to 25 (for now) to keep it reasonable for people with slower connections.

iJuvia's Buddy

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Deep Dazzle
Giesta

1) You don't need to upload files. You just add the links to the pictures on your album or public image sharing site. You can also sort them in any order you like.

2) Since it's a fan made tool it won't be on Gaia. It sits on http://theartofgaia.no-ip.org (I chose a free domain name).

When you create a gallery it will give you a public link and the forum code to share your gallery as well as a secret administration link to later edit your gallery.

3) There are no requirements for the size of the images. They are resized by the browser and shown at full size when you click on them in the gallery. Therefore I had to limit the number of images you can add to 25 (for now) to keep it reasonable for people with slower connections.

Thank You,

In the near future I may post my pics as well. 3nodding

I believe I shall now if I can get the pic's IMG codes together. 3nodding

Proxy Raider

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
Giesta
Thank You,

Yay 3nodding
Note that you can also customize your gallery. You can choose your own gallery background and backgrounds for exhibits. See the tutorial on this page for more info.

You can also check KaylaGalela's gallery for an example of customization 3nodding

iJuvia's Buddy

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I made mine just now. ^8^

My Art Gallery Link

User Image

I even added an old pic as my Link piccy. ^8^

iJuvia's Buddy

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Deep Dazzle
Giesta
Thank You,

Yay 3nodding
Note that you can also customize your gallery. You can choose your own gallery background and backgrounds for exhibits. See the tutorial on this page for more info.

You can also check KaylaGalela's gallery for an example of customization 3nodding

3nodding I will find a backround and put it in in a moment. ^8^

Proxy Raider

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
Giesta
Deep Dazzle
Giesta
Thank You,

Yay 3nodding

Uh, you posted the secret edit link. You are supposed to keep that private so nobody can get to your gallery admin page.

Use the public link instead: http://theartofgaia.no-ip.org/gallery/Giesta/14e7db5e768caf

iJuvia's Buddy

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Deep Dazzle
Giesta
Deep Dazzle
Giesta
Thank You,

Yay 3nodding

Uh, you posted the secret edit link. You are supposed to keep that private so nobody can get to your gallery admin page.

Use the public link instead: http://theartofgaia.no-ip.org/gallery/Giesta/14e7db5e768caf

I fixed it now. 3nodding

Also a question, I cannot get the picture to be in the border I want.

I would like it to look like the border that is a picture frame on the wall, but it is coming up as the lighted picture on the wall.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff