Sure, okay. 0.60416666666667 60.4% [ 29 ]
No thanks. 0.0625 6.2% [ 3 ]
[poll whore option] 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 48 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Scamp

User Image

heavy_axewoman_kane
Hey, people! mrgreen I just found this thread, just signed up yesterday, note the cheap outfit sweatdrop but I just wanted to say, I think this is a TOTALLY cool idea! 3nodding FREE avie art? eek Man, I wish CLOTHES were free, this is awesome! crying Well good luck to all of my fellow newbies in getting cool stuff at great prices! mrgreen Go to Walmart! 3nodding hehehe! blaugh jk, hate that place! scream

biggrin 4laugh mrgreen Anyway, BUMPNESS!!! mrgreen 4laugh biggrin

heavy_axewoman_kane
eek from the looks of it... Posting in these forums gets you G???? eek Well then, now I have a REAL GOOD reason to post here! crying Finally, an easy way to get gold! Now I don't have to sit in the Art Arena rating pictures all day!! crying So then! Hi, I'm Kane, and I'm gonna be here a while! 4laugh mrgreen 4laugh

It's embarrassing, but those are my first two posts on Gaia, ever. While I look back and cringe, realizing that I would avoid my younger self like the plague these days, I can't help but feel proud. Look at where I started, compared to where I am now.

I'm sure we've all had such feelings, and I think that needs to be celebrated. It's time to

Return To Our Roots.

| intro | mission | firsts | participants | links in | links out |

Scamp

Here's what we hope to accomplish...

Believe it or not, we were all newbies once. Everything was new and different and we had to learn. We had to grow into our forum-selves, discover our little niches, and explore the site through fresh eyes.
Through this project, I hope we can all remember those days, and what it felt like as a newbie. I hope that, even as we cringe at our past mistakes and behaviors, we can laugh at our past selves through the rose-colored lens of nostalgia.
I hope we can learn tolerance toward the newbies of today through the realization that, yeah, we've been there, too.

Here's how we hope to accomplish it...

For one week [dates to be determined], all participants will wear the first outfit they remember making on Gaia. Participants will go about their regular business on the site, unless they happen to frequent the Avatar Talk forum, in which case, I'm sorry.
It is my hope that during this week, participants will occasionally scan the Welcome to Gaia forum, helping any newbies that need it and making them feel welcome, but this is not a requirement.

Scamp

I remember...

Do you remember your first avatar? Your first post? Post them in the thread [links for the posts if you have them, please] and I'll showcase them in this post. c:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

iTessen | Dr Doctor M Dee MD | Axerth

Scamp

Participants

Do you like what you've seen? Do you want to help this little project along? Then post the following in the thread, if you would:
          [align=center][b][size=20]I, [your username here], remember when...[/size][/b][/align]

[size=16][one memory from your early days on Gaia][/size]

The Participants:
  1. Mistress Gambino
  2. Dr Doctor M Dee MD
  3. Jali_Kuai
  4. Jasette
  5. Father Alucard
  6. iTessen
  7. arat269
  8. Shagami
  9. Bella Soldier Hyacinth
  10. Axerth
  11. Pimped out Dress
  12. Quint-kun
  13. TheMumbleQueen
  14. Angelic Acid
  15. Pistol Bunny
  16. Beautiful in Death
  17. Suivien
  18. Pyro_Warrior
  19. iiJoke
  20. Caramelized
  21. Kestin Sha
  22. The Insane Toaster
  23. emmmahy
  24. trendy_love23

Scamp

Banners

Put these in your signature, or put them in your shop! I'd be happy to do a link exchange!
The top code is the full code if you keep a simple signature. The bottom is shortened using bit.ly if, like me, you like to cram as much as you possibly can into your signature.

User Image
          [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.61044813/][img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc92/gaia_items1/5f6a017c.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://bit.ly/aYp7ri][img]http://bit.ly/b2RVhT[/img][/url]

Scamp

Affiliates

PM me to affiliate! I like tiny banners.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Scamp

Scamp

Scamp

Scamp

We are now open for business!
I, Jali_Kuai , remember when...

I would be intimidated by the better known and wealthier users, even going so far as to not post but lurk. Everyone intimidated me. Yes, even other n00bs.

Scamp

Han Solo! 8D

Ahaha, everyone seemed to just have it together but us back then, didn't they? I remember a certain few CBers I really looked up to... they won all the avatar contests and had such gorgeous signature art... I believe one was a Lynnember but that might be a GCDer with a similar name I'm thinking of. rofl
They really did. There were some AFers that I remember being jealous of because they were so outgoing, and just had that unf. And Towns, oh man. I used to visit there. SO MUCH "WANNA CYBER". ; u ; That cured me of going in there. I caught the afraid.

Scamp

I take partial credit for the humping epidemic that took over Towns...
I was in one of the busiest squares, and since I was such an excitable little thing, I wanted to jump. I asked, somebody suggested sitting down and standing up rapidly, and then, well, the rest is history. xD;

How does it feel to be what you once looked up to? c:

Gino Enthusiast

36,625 Points
  • The Bowe 500
  • Gino Enthusiast 500
  • Gambino Supporter 500
I, Jasette, remember when...

one of the first things I did on Gaia was stalk my guy friend who invited me, only to find out he was cybering with some noob. True story. It ruined our friendship forever. 8D I think I might have stalked him through personals, actually...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff