Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
XinYunMei
Hassli
Ok, ok. I have an idea.

We all dress like Diedrich until the plot is saved. NO EXCEPTIONS. Everyone in a Diedrich mascot suit.

This will annoy everyone so much that they will have to give us what we want!

AND! It will bring me great happiness.

That's your answer to everything. That and copious amounts of liquor.
emotion_awesome

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Hassli
XinYunMei
Hassli
Ok, ok. I have an idea.

We all dress like Diedrich until the plot is saved. NO EXCEPTIONS. Everyone in a Diedrich mascot suit.

This will annoy everyone so much that they will have to give us what we want!

AND! It will bring me great happiness.

That's your answer to everything. That and copious amounts of liquor.
emotion_awesome

Darnit, now I want more midori sours. emotion_drool

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Slick Southpaw
XinYunMei
That and copious amounts of liquor.
that is a solution I definitely ascribe to heart

Unfortunately this one cannot due to medical issues, so more for you it would seem.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Pie
Yeata Zi
If we did Plotoberfest, some contest ideas could include

Original Manga Mashups

As hosted by Kid Jak?
Kid Jak

You enter your own original manga mash up from any time during gaia's plot!

Some kind of Gaia Plot Fan Fiction Contest perhaps? I miss my NPC story contest!

Gaia Plot Art Contest? Draw any original gaian character!~

The Miss Mary Sue Pageant: If you can convince the most other users that your OC is totally the canon girlfriend of an NPC, you win!

... okay, maybe not under that name. People might take offense at the joke. But I actually do love user OCs who are headcanoned into the plot. 3nodding
like me?

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Pie

The Miss Mary Sue Pageant: If you can convince the most other users that your OC is totally the canon girlfriend of an NPC, you win!

... okay, maybe not under that name. People might take offense at the joke. But I actually do love user OCs who are headcanoned into the plot. 3nodding

LOOOOL
I want this to be a thing so I can do my Nyx x Slick bromance for shits n' giggles.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Yeata Zi

Thanks for letting me know this was open I saw Slick working on it earlier.

Mash ups are great I remember in the old days we had threads for ever bit of new manga we got ad some of the most loved Gaia Meme's came from mash up threads as well as Meme's totally being mashed

5 Dollar... well you know the rest

I would gladly host a mash up contest as well as a make your own comic contest!

Have 4 panels added together from any manga you write the plot for it. Could be serious or dramatic.

I know I have done tones of the mini comic edits heck I made an entire series based on Rina's quest for god mode in halloween 2013.

make them as a Behind the scenes comics let us show gaia what we want in comics and how far we are willing to go to get what we want.

ok I am on strong medicine and rambling. but Zi can you translate for me or you Hassli?

Slick go ahead and insert a d**k joke here for translation

Time-traveling Senshi

Yeata Zi
Chibi Halo
          Here's the thing though, back when I kind of miffed off E-Corp with something I asked in an AtA session regarding Easter they had both the numbers and the proper public outlet to express their displeasure over the Easter Bunny not being included in Easter. They flooded AtA sessions to get the staff to understand their side of the situation. We don't have that type of discussion with the staff anymore to get them to see how we feel about this nor do we have the numbers in one individual group because so many people left the site. I know the GCA only has about twenty to twenty-five active members right now and even then they're all busy with school and work.

This does need to be a united front in a civilized and mature manner so they understand just how much we care for the plot and how much we don't want to see it die. I honestly don't know what we can do outside of getting the word out that our plot is in trouble again. It makes me wonder how many people outside of the plot groups actually care for the plot and would be upset if it did drastically change.

E-Corp only had like 8 people at that time.
Yes, we have to have different outlets for this than E-Corp did because Gaia is such a different site. But, I also think E-Corp made a lot of mistakes. We pissed off a lot of people. We don't want to piss people off.We want to make something positive that proves to Gai that there are people out there who care for these events.

ALSO

Slick Southpaw

Make a guild announcement about this in Nyx Guild. Those 25ish active people need to come in on this too.

You know what though that negative light people saw you in back then was still recognition for E-Corp and what you guys were doing. Even if they were mad at how things were being done they were still talking about what you were doing. The only way what you were doing back then wouldn't have worked was if nobody talked about it eventually getting Gaia HQ to see how much the Easter Bunny means to people.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Hassli
like me?

Heck yeah, like you!

Slick Southpaw
LOOOOL
I want this to be a thing so I can do my Nyx x Slick bromance for shits n' giggles.

Yessss do it do it do it.

You guys write your self-insert fanfics, and I'll write my X/Pie bad romance story. cool

Manly Lunatic

This is the most important thing ever.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

emotion_kirakira I'm legit excited, you guys!

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Chibi Halo
          You know what though that negative light people saw you in back then was still recognition for E-Corp and what you guys were doing. Even if they were mad at how things were being done they were still talking about what you were doing. The only way what you were doing back then wouldn't have worked was if nobody talked about it eventually getting Gaia HQ to see how much the Easter Bunny means to people.

There is some truth to the old saying, "There is no such thing as bad publicity". However, I think it's important to remember that there are a lot of Gaians who have grown frustrated and disillusioned just in the past year. And I guess that would count supporters of the manga, now that it's being threatened. And Gaia's... well... it would seem like they're tuning out all the 'noise'.

So I think our best approach is to try to keep it positive. Turn the other cheek, encourage and celebrate our fellow Gaians... and most importantly, keep ourselves from coming across as an "OCCUPY GAIA" group, lest we get tuned out as well.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I suppose this is a battle we'll have to fight over and over again.

....yet I cannot I will not let my support waver.

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
One thing I'd like to point out is a lot of newer users don't understand the original plot. Maybe we should do something to kind of help users remember the older stuff to get them interested in it? We wouldn't have what we have now without Johnny K, for example.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Pie
So I think our best approach is to try to keep it positive. Turn the other cheek, encourage and celebrate our fellow Gaians... and most importantly, keep ourselves from coming across as an "OCCUPY GAIA" group, lest we get tuned out as well.
This is absolutely essential. Occupy Gaia had some good intentions but it had largely devolved into a rancid mess that vociferously attacked GC users in the guild, and one of the reasons why I left it

I want this to be fun, I want it to be enjoyable, I want it to be silly but united without patronizing people.

It's super easy to get jaded, and I know jaded users will post and there will be debbie downers but I want to have us be better than that, and to just share the enjoyment & nostalgia we get from the plot.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Arlette Mori
One thing I'd like to point out is a lot of newer users don't understand the original plot. Maybe we should do something to kind of help users remember the older stuff to get them interested in it? We wouldn't have what we have now without Johnny K, for example.

This is a great idea! Maybe someone could create a 10 Year Recap thread?

... or we could do dramatic reenactments.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff