Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Sentai

Ok, i'm considering to make a kind of 2D Platformer with the aid of something called GM8.
If i manages to make it, it will be for free, with noted credits to Gaia, and i will at least try to make it available to Gaians .....
It will probably also be quite simple in both looks and performance.
Now, since i am unsure about however it is ok to use NPC's, i won't use any NPC's except as bystanders one may talk with .... for now(i'll do what i can to keep them in character).

The reason for this Thread, is this:
The Game is supposed to have some selections, both Type(Race, Gender, Species), and Outfit.
Mainly the Outfit(including Weapons) will determine what Attack and Defence the player may have.
So, since you here on GCD(i do hope & wish this thread won't be moved .... EDIT: It did get moved, obviously .... * Sigh * )know a lot about Gaia's history, different items in general, and such, i ask You:

* What Types(Races/Species) do you think is of utmost importance to be playable in a Game based on/inspired by Gaia?
And
* What Items & Clothes do you consider the most important to include in such a game?
* What Powers/Abilities should be there?

Here are some pixes on how some NPC's would look in the game:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
(To any concerned Artists: The above Pixes should show that i cannot rip your works, i have to make much simpler versions of them.)

... It's not certan i will make it, but i'm curious about the answers anyway.
^_^

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
I'm sorry I can't help you with any of the things you asked but just wanted to say that this sounds really cool and interesting. Nice little sprites too! Hope someone else can help you.

Stellar Succubus

This is a really funky idea... I was thinking if it were more RPG style you could incorporate the whole 'forum wars' element... GCD uses "Grammar Sting", ED uses "Citation, Please", GD uses "Pic Drop" etc...

Sparkly Gaian

* What Types(Races/Species) do you think is of utmost importance to be playable in a Game based on/inspired by Gaia?

I think you could do human, demon and angel since those are the main themes the site was based on, perhaps?

* What Items & Clothes do you consider the most important to include in such a game?

Angelic and Demonic items! Not to mention Coco and Kiki, the mascots.

I'm not so sure about this, perhaps you should look towards zOMG and some of the things they do in there for some inspiration smile

Friendly Sentai

VVhip
This is a really funky idea... I was thinking if it were more RPG style you could incorporate the whole 'forum wars' element... GCD uses "Grammar Sting", ED uses "Citation, Please", GD uses "Pic Drop" etc...

Interesting idea, but i think ..... hm, it is a bit "meta", but really, Gaia do have occasional "meta" jokes occasionally, so ... perhaps.

J1star

I think you could do human, demon and angel since those are the main themes the site was based on, perhaps?

Angelic and Demonic items! Not to mention Coco and Kiki, the mascots.

I'm not so sure about this, perhaps you should look towards zOMG and some of the things they do in there for some inspiration smile

Important comments, .....
But i thought Gaia was more on cosplay, even originally(as it is a manga-based site, originally)?

Sparkly Gaian

I think people have different views on what Gaia -is- for people. For instance I'm certain I read that the Gaia creators originally created this place for anime lovers to get together and have fun. I'm not even a big fan of anime but I still love this site for it's games and avatars and stuff. So it really depends on how you interpret it, just go with what you like :]

Friendly Sentai

Which makes me think ....
How important is really the vampires, centaurs, gimpis & elves?
I mean, for me, furries, tech armors, and some cosplay is really important, but what is important for others?

Salty Firestarter

You could base races on possible potions.

Dark elf.
Some sort of alienish.
Imp.

Friendly Sentai

Dizziesed
You could base races on possible potions.

Dark elf.
Some sort of alienish.
Imp.

This topic is more "What do you consider most important/fitting", and not "What should i do", so .....
If You were to make something like that, would you use the potions as Types/variants, or what would You use?

Mysterious Trickster

This thread seems familiar... I think I saw it before...
If you decide to make a game, it should be based around what YOU want in it that is based around Gaia. Asking for the opinions of the GCD populous will make things difficult. Take a moment, with a piece of paper and pen, and jot down ideas about the site and past events.

Friendly Sentai

Kain-Senpai
This thread seems familiar... I think I saw it before...
If you decide to make a game, it should be based around what YOU want in it that is based around Gaia. Asking for the opinions of the GCD populous will make things difficult. Take a moment, with a piece of paper and pen, and jot down ideas about the site and past events.

I have made similar threads before, but this is more specific.
It is probably those you are thinking of.
... Before making this, i made a slightly different one in the "Gaming" forum as well, though.
The problem with making this topic, is that if it becomes too focused on the game that i might make, instead of what you think is important existances and items in the world of Gaia, then this thread will suffer the same fate as my last, and get moved to the CB, without me finding out what i needed to know.

Don't worry, once i have gotten enough info, if i do decide to start on the game, i will definitly consider what i want(if i don't i will not be able to start it). biggrin

But right now, please keep to the Topic, and tell me what You think is important, or this thread might get moved anyway .....
Ok?
at the end of some special event or something, add a disco ball and funk music playing for exactly 20 seconds. it will be the best s**t ever

Friendly Sentai

Murkay
at the end of some special event or something, add a disco ball and funk music playing for exactly 20 seconds. it will be the best s**t ever

Am i gonna have to start reporting people for being off-topic?!
Tiina Brown
Murkay

I NEVER GOT OFFTOPIC >:C

Friendly Sentai

Murkay
Tiina Brown
Murkay

I NEVER GOT OFFTOPIC >:C

You have answered none of the 3 questions in the first post, and any possible overall question, which is:
What is the most important Gaia-esque feature, as you see it?
... You didn't answer that, or discuss it either.
Essentially, you, and a few (too many already), was not on Topic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff