Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Gaian

9,175 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200
MESSAGE FROM Elite3000E3K/Gaia FROM THE ELITE 3000 GAIA UNIT FROM THE ELITE 3000 GAIA CENTRE
//BEGIN MESSAGE

Hey Gaians! I decided to compile a mock newscast (in which it's in the style of ELITE 3000 Today, the multi-virtual-world newscast hosted by me with reporters from other virtual worlds) based on the latest events on the Gaia Manga on pages 13-26 of the manga "Beast" in which there has been a battle with Zhivago and Meini (who became a tiger)

Here is the video.

Comments are welcome.
//END MESSAGE

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Heh... pretty cool. However, it would be awesomer if you made an avatar that looked like it was sitting behind a news desk, and zoom in on it, and animate the mouth or something.... or add a voice? You also mispelled his name. :V Anyway, good work.

*watches the rest of it* I only saw the first part.

Hm... Also, I would only use that music in the opening, it's annoying all the way through.

Pierced Werewolf

45,925 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Devin 200

I don't want to be the barer of bad news but his name is Meili non Meini.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Ohhh the sound is very very annoying, and it's very difficult to see what is being 'said' there in the word bubbles since it's so far away. I couldn't get through maybe 30 seconds of that, it's a cute idea but possibly a better exicution would be better. Closer, less annoying sound, maybe record a voice along with it, double check spelling such as the name.

Dapper Flip-Flopper

I don't think hes dead is he?O.o
being a demigod and all.

Conservative Gaian

9,175 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200
MESSAGE FROM Elite3000E3K/Gaia FROM THE ELITE 3000 GAIA UNIT FROM THE ELITE 3000 GAIA CENTRE
//BEGIN MESSAGE

I know that embedding videos on Gaia Online result in a small video player in 4:3 ratio wheras the video I made is in 16:9 480p. So, for you Gaians, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsrJJf2_Wwg and under the video player that says 240p or 360p, click on it and click on 480p and extend the video player.
//END MESSAGE

Pumpkin

Thanks for spoiling that part for me, bro.

I was waiting until all of the pages came out since I don't like cliffhangers when I can avoid it.

I'm sure you've ruined it for a lot of other people who were waiting too.

Good job.

Edit;;
And like someone else said, his name is Meili, not Meini.

10,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Hygienic 200
what the ******** wrong with YOU!?!? meili (not meini) CAN'T DIE mad

Shirtless Fatcat

8DStance

I was waiting until all of the pages came out since I don't like cliffhangers when I can avoid it.

Good job.

Edit;;

at the time of your post it had been available to see for a while...

the is the GCD what are we to do? just NOT discuss the plot?

p.s.- i don't think he's dead...

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I didn't think for one second that the tiger fellow was dead. :

Pumpkin

Mio_Mikata
8DStance

Good job.

Edit;;

By "a while" you mean for like, two days?
(You know, since they decided to release a bunch of pages by the hour, and since it just happened in the last few pages it definitely falls in that timeframe)

Again, I said I was waiting to read it until all of the pages were released, and I'm pretty sure that there are more than a few people who were doing just that thing.
And two days really isn't that long of a time, what about people who don't visit Gaia every day?
If they happen upon this thread title in the forum then it might very well be ruined for them, too.

I'm not saying that the topic shouldn't exist. Just that it shouldn't say "MEINI'S [sic] DEATH" in big capital letters in the title.
He could have put "SPOILERS" in the title before the rest, so that people would know not to read the rest of the title.
Or maybe he could have worded the title differently, put "SPOILERS" in the title, and put more information in the first post?

It's not that hard a thing to do, and by not doing it the OP has spoiled a large plot point of the manga for at least one person, and probably more.

Shirtless Fatcat

8DStance
Mio_Mikata
8DStance

Good job.

Edit;;

(You know, since they decided to release a bunch of pages by the hour, and since it just happened in the last few pages it definitely falls in that timeframe)

i thought all 27 pages had been available since 2 or so pst.
i don't see the point of spoilers when the information is readily available.

Pumpkin

Mio_Mikata
8DStance
Mio_Mikata
8DStance

Good job.

Edit;;

i thought all 27 pages had been available since 2 or so pst.
i don't see the point of spoilers when the information is readily available.

No, the manga is still being updated.
Quote:
Next page coming in about 36 hours 29 minutes 31 seconds

Go check for yourself.

But on the topic of spoilers:

So say if someone who hadn't read them previously was going to read the Harry Potter books, and had bought them all of them, you would just tell them "You know Dumbledore dies in book six, right?"
And you wouldn't feel that you were ruining the story at all for them?

The point is that most of the time people want to find out about the exiting bits of a story or movie as they are reading or watching it. They don't want to know what's going to happen before it happens. It ruins the story or movie, because the whole point of reading or watching it is to find out what happens.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff