Let's Do This!!! 0.069230769230769 6.9% [ 9 ]
BAWLZ. 0.16153846153846 16.2% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 130 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26 27 28 > >>

Mega Hoarder

Silk Kanishk
RafiCat
Silk Kanishk
This sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to see all the places Marshall goes. Marshall should carry along a mini suitcase too so people can stamp the name of the places on it. xd

Instead of a suitcase, maybe a passport, or something? Don't want to make shipping more than necessary.

I figure on sending scully a souvenir of his visit here, but I'm just gong to send it to her directly rather than have him carry it around.

Yeah, like Scully also suggested. A passport would also be great. People could stamp their country's insignia or something inside. 4laugh

Most of his travels will likely be in the usa, but we could stamp our states - or maybe find a state flag sticker?

Mega Hoarder

scullylam
RafiCat
scullylam

but I want to! And you deserve something for doing all this. It won't be anything expensive, just something small, depending on finances... maybe a postcard from a local attraction? Something local at any rate!

:O how'd you know i love postcards??????!?!!??!?!!?!?!??!!

i really like postcards and snail mail. redface

in that case, I think Marshall should send you a postcard from each place he visits!

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
RafiCat
scullylam
RafiCat
scullylam

but I want to! And you deserve something for doing all this. It won't be anything expensive, just something small, depending on finances... maybe a postcard from a local attraction? Something local at any rate!

:O how'd you know i love postcards??????!?!!??!?!!?!?!??!!

i really like postcards and snail mail. redface

in that case, I think Marshall should send you a postcard from each place he visits!

redface

sticker stamp thingy- originally i was thinking we try to get marshall to all 50 states in america, but knowing there are others around the world i changed it to that. i rather see marshall sent to as many places as possible and if it happens he goes around the world in less than 1 year, it's cool. either way, this will be an epic community project that will connect us all together. biggrin

note: i am going to stop sewing for the day and possibly use tomorrow as my break day. arms are finished. torso is ready for the arms. and one leg is complete. i ran out of thread so.... that is a hint of how obby marshall is. redface but, this means next time you see a pic, marshall will be in one piece or even a helmet. how fun will that be? wink

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I do not envy whoever has to send Marshall to Silk in India if he signs up. lol, the postage alone, haha, I bet Lune will end up having to do that, since she's the only one out of U.S. so far. xD

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
VKiera
I do not envy whoever has to send Marshall to Silk in India if he signs up. lol, the postage alone, haha, I bet Lune will end up having to do that, since she's the only one out of U.S. so far. xD

That's one of the reasons I haven't signed up yet. lol Plus I'd have to send it back which would be a whole lot of trouble. xp

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Silk Kanishk
VKiera

That's one of the reasons I haven't signed up yet. lol Plus I'd have to send it back which would be a whole lot of trouble. xp

How is the airmail service in India? XD

Yep shipping around the U.S you can use groundmail, or like UPS or FedEx. Though it would be cool to send something to England. o_o but a tad expensive, guess this means Marshall needs to go on a diet so he wont cost too much to ship.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
VKiera
Silk Kanishk
VKiera

Yep shipping around the U.S you can use groundmail, or like UPS or FedEx. Though it would be cool to send something to England. o_o but a tad expensive, guess this means Marshall needs to go on a diet so he wont cost too much to ship.

I'd imagine it's as good as in any other country. I've never sent anything abroad before though.

Marshall will have to undergo a full body scan and frisking at every airport cause he'll always appear suspicious what with that diving helmet he's always wearing. lol

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Silk Kanishk
VKiera
Silk Kanishk
VKiera

I'd imagine it's as good as in any other country. I've never sent anything abroad before though.

Marshall will have to undergo a full body scan and frisking at every airport cause he'll always appear suspicious what with that diving helmet he's always wearing. lol

He'll set off all the metal detectors for sure. rofl Have to walk though in his underwear, but I'm sure he wont mind. emotion_eyebrow Sounds about right for him.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
VKiera
Silk Kanishk
VKiera
Silk Kanishk
VKiera

He'll set off all the metal detectors for sure. rofl Have to walk though in his underwear, but I'm sure he wont mind. emotion_eyebrow Sounds about right for him.

I can see it now. He'll strike an obby pose in his leopard printed thong for the cameras. lol

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
lol u guys. btw 3 ppl in the uk signed up. i think... and typing from the gaia app.

anyway, small customs form in usa is what you use for overseas but it is a pain when the cheapest route has no tracking so insurance is needed. like i ordered something small from france and tracking said it was here but it was never delivered and "lost" in the sorting system. but that was like an envelope so surely marshall wont get lost.

and i am going to try sleep now because when i couldnt sleep, i went ahead and put together the plush. he has hair and arms. still lacking a leg but yay being a tad ahead of schedule? smile oh and i have a bandaid on my thumb. woot to stabbing a finger. maybe i should have made a bet on how many times i'd stab myself while making the plush. XD. (answer is A LOT)

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
things coming together...
User Image

Mega Hoarder

scullylam
oh and i have a bandaid on my thumb. woot to stabbing a finger. maybe i should have made a bet on how many times i'd stab myself while making the plush. XD. (answer is A LOT)

I don't think I've ever sewn anything by hand without stabbing myself at least once!

Mega Hoarder

I hope Marshall can be shipped to other countries, I mean how awesome would that be?!

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
scullylam
4/18/13 everything coming together. almost an entire plushie.
User Image

...Is that chest hair?? Marshall, you manly man, you! whee

This project is making me want to take up making fabric dolls again. I only made one (of Sadako from the Ring) and started another, which I still haven't completed. whee

Thanks scullylam! Because of this thread, I looked up Dotee dolls and felt inspired again! emotion_bigheart

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
n o i r i s t
scullylam
4/18/13 everything coming together. almost an entire plushie.
User Image

...Is that chest hair?? Marshall, you manly man, you! whee

This project is making me want to take up making fabric dolls again. I only made one (of Sadako from the Ring) and started another, which I still haven't completed. whee

Thanks scullylam! Because of this thread, I looked up Dotee dolls and felt inspired again! emotion_bigheart

awesome and you're welcome. biggrin

i admit this is my 9th plush i ever made. not counting what was little scrap powerpuff girl dolls which probably were thrown away in the past, but yep not too bad right? xd and well, doing hand sewing is really calming. not a bad hobby to have. biggrin

i'm working on the leg. planning to have it completed today. then draft out the helmet and i probably will have to think about if the interfacing i have right now is stiff enough.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff