1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 27 28 > >>

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image

Note: We are ADVENTURE BOUND! GOOD TO GO! biggrin

1 Year Anniversary!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARSHALL!!!!

You know... there is a great big world out there. Even though we see it that way, we also know "It's a small world after all." I for one, want to someday travel the world but I am unable to. But I am glad that I have friends around that world that want to share their world with me and many others.

On the same scale of traveling, I like making plushies. And mail. Old school mail. Who else gets excited to have a postcard from a friend that is hundreds, THOUSANDS of miles away?!

So, let's start off with something a tad simple. Before Marshall is to live at Gaia HQ, let's take him on a very long road trip. biggrin

Part One.
I admit, Marshall isn't made yet, but once he is completed, he is joining me on an adventure to his home, San Jose, California. There will be many pictures and stories. But he won't be staying there forever.

Part Two.
This is the real meat of this project. Marshall the plushie, will be traveling the world via friends and airmail to many locations. He wants to see everything but also wants some hugs too. *marshall loves everyone!!!* I and many others would like Marshall to travel for at least 1 year if possible. To make it around the world. Photos and information of where he has been will be recorded and made into a travel book/diary so his adventures may be shared by all. We also want that for his travels, he will arrive back to Gaia HQ with said book and lots of love included.

Part Three.
Here are the rules before you say "OH YES I WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS!!!"

1. No TOS breaking photography, acts and such are allowed to happen to Marshall or the user. Marshall is a humble plush full of love so please treat him as a loving toy.

2. You will have Marshall plush in your possession for about 1 WEEK. Mail times vary so to try and get him around the world, we want to make sure he is kept track of.

3. All mailing and postage and insurance for Marshall will be paid out of your own pocket to the next person to receive him. Because we want this to be a community effort, we want to try and make postage cheaper, making sure that next person in line is close by when possible. So if you don't think you have the funds to mail him, please do not sign up for this project.

*An alternative to join in on this project: Please go to THIS POST.

4. Through email, we will be collecting photos and blurbs/writings about Marshall's journey. Anyone participating must keep in contact with the project so things will be updated and recorded.

5. If you absolutely entirely will follow the above rules and are fine with sharing information, please go down a few posts.

(more info about the plush is at the end of this page)

*map in art background is created and owned by xkcd.com.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
A handy dandy map graphic and list of where exactly of Marshall's location will be right here.

Beside each location will have listed who Marshall plushie is visiting and with date. biggrin

User Image

4/8/13
Marshall being made. Lexington, KY.

5/20/13
Marshall complete. Lexington, KY.

5/23/13
Lexington, KY/Detroit, MI/Salt Lake City,UT/San Jose, CA

5/26/13
San Francisco, CA/Sausalito, CA

5/27/13
Given Marshall to SweetNiar

6/15/13
Marshall's first day with Ren

7/4/13
Marshall's desert fun with RafiCat

7/23/13
Marshall didn't want to leave Rafi (return to sender)

8/13/13
OBBY. Going to be lots of fun with Jonjon.

8/24/13
sin city with Sakura_Madison.

10/3/13
the rocky mountains with Berryfarmer.

10/19/13
everything is better in texas. roping in the cattle, oil, and cowboys with VKiera.

11/7/13
double M party!!!! (marshall and mero)

12/1/13
dapper frog and marshall bonding time. (with Red Kutai)

3/17/14
unknown to all, ruro will find out what marshall has been up to since december. could it be alien abductions, long strolls in the snow with a certain frog, or maybe he was preoccupied all that time with certain "obbyness".

3/29/14
marshall decided he wanted to see some pretty things. he sneaked out of ruro's house and found himself on the east coast, visiting laru. to much of laru's surprise, she isn't suspicious of him. if there be any action under the cherry blossoms, "will sempai notice me?" anything can happen when flowers bloom.

5/6/14
arrived back to ruro for a pitstop.

6/18/14
spending time with becky.

Currently with:
SweetNiar
Ren Orenji Doragon
RafiCat
jonjon21428
Sakura_Madison
Berryfarmer
VKiera
Meromictic
Red Kutai
rurouniseishi
nebuLARUby
rurouniseishi

beckygrendel

List of known locations TBA.
Kentucky
Northern California
Socal
Florida
Arizona
Illinois
Texas
Ohio
Maryland/DC area
Massachusetts
Virginia
West Virginia
ENGLAND *woohoo!!!*
Canada
Netherlands *yes please!!!*
India
China
Australia

If you have signed up, please look over at this post and let me know if I have you written down.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
There will be random photos and links here so you may be able to see exactly what Marshall has done so far.

User Image

[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/scullylam/marshalladventures/marshalladventurebanner_zpsf6dca14e.png[/IMG]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/detail/85476953/]this thread to not lose link[/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[URL=http://bit.ly/ZwBzGA][IMG]http://bit.ly/11amxXO[/IMG][/URL]

more fun icons of marshall just for you guys. wink (direct image links)

User Image
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/scullylam/marshalladventures/obby1_zpsd4e54717.png[/IMG]

User Image
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/scullylam/marshalladventures/dazzle_zpsc359469b.png[/IMG]

User Image
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/scullylam/marshalladventures/marshallness_zps3cc5c7c6.png[/IMG]

User Image
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/scullylam/marshalladventures/wanted_zps6f0799cb.png[/IMG]

User Image
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/scullylam/marshalladventures/marshall_zps4adbb8f3.png[/IMG]

marshall progress timeline/photos.

4/10/13 happy fun drafting tiemz. biggrin (using spoiler mode to not post stretch)
User Image

4/11/13 pattern pieces cut and ready for some interfacing and obbyness. *iffy on torso* (3am yo)
User Image

4/14/13 pattern pieces pressed, interfacing, sewing. *i have no clue what time it is lol?* and getting ready to embroider details/face.
User Image

embroidery.
User Image

User Image

4/15/13 it was all about his head. off with his head! xd
User Image

4/18/13 everything coming together. almost an entire plushie.
User Image

4/21 and 4/22/13 plushie head and body together. *no spoiler pics sorry*

4/23/13 failed darts to figure helmet shape.
User Image

4/24/13 undies ready to go! pattern made.
User Image

putting those on marshall.
User Image

obby.
User Image

4/24/13 helmet work, but then stopped due to news. wip of the helmet. (going back to work 4/29)
User Image

4/29- 5/1/13 slow progress on helmet. getting the shape down and getting ready to cut out port holes. uh... um... okay i have no clue what they are called. >>
User Image

User Image

5/2/13 helmet coming out nicely, but ran into issues. (after this date, worked on trying to figure out how to get the shapes for the helmet, piping)
User Image

User Image

5/13/13 made piping for helmet.
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

5/14/13 oh helmet how you taunt me.

before:
User Image

after:
User Image

5/18/13 helmet completed.

5/19/13 dive suit work.

5/20/13 COMPLETED!!!!!
User Image

paper marshall!!!!! biggrin

*map in art background is created and owned by xkcd.com.
*icon is made from generator (http://www.icongenerators.net/pixelavatar.html )
*save any images to your own photo account when possible. ;D

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
And here you are! You have made it to the sign up post! *throws confetti in air*

Here is your reminder of the rules.

• No TOS pics or anything happen to Marshall that would make scully cry.

• No keeping Marshall more than one week.

• You will pay to send him on to the next journey.

• You must be comfortable with sending/receiving emails that will have certain data.

To sign up, please email at marshall.worldadventures@gmail.com

Within the email please have subject as "Bon voyage".
In the body of the email please state your:
Gaia name/first/nickname
where you live (state/country)
and the following statement below, with your gaia/name within the space.

"I ________________ gladly will take Marshall on a journey he has never been before. He will stay with me at the alotted time of ONE WEEK and will leave me safe and sound. I will not make Scullylam worry to death about the creation she has made and Marshall will enjoy his time forever and ever and ever and ever."

After you have done this, please copy and paste the code below here, with your gaia name so it is known.

[quote="scullylam"][/quote]

I ________________ gladly will take Marshall on a journey he has never been before. He will stay with me at the alotted time of ONE WEEK and will leave me safe and sound. I will not make Scullylam worry to death about the creation she has made and Marshall will enjoy his time forever and ever and ever and ever.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Yes. The big thing about this project is that we will be conversing here within this thread, email, and other means. I do hope many of you are fine with this and will join.

As for the reason of keeping track of dates and with whom Marshall will be with, we want the book to have down this information. It is proof he isn't photoshopped into a random photograph and it may play out as a travel diary with Marshall. Here, people take pictures of food they eat for special occasions. There is a date attached to that so let's make sure a date is attached to Marshall's time with everyone too. biggrin

As for the photographs of Marshall, he can be at any special places like London Bridge, etc. But he can also be photographed with you, his caretaker. If you want to be in the photo with him, you may do so with or without your Gaia name attached. (paper sign of your gaia name in photo)

While Marshall is in your possession, please make sure to write down where you have taken the photo of Marshall, date, and any little detail you want to mention.

For example:
Marshall at London Bridge photo. Caption: Look Maw!!! It didn't fall down!!!

Also, if you are in the photo with Marshall but do not have a Gaia name sign within the photo, please make sure to note yourself when you upload the photos.

Through the email marshall.worldadventures@gmail.com we will compile all photographs and information on Marshall's trip. So, we want to make sure everyone is credited correcly. biggrin

This one year journey will begin soon.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Additional Information.

About Marshall's design:
Please DO NOT remove the helmet. The helmet was never meant to be taken off the plush. If you do so, you make scully cry and breaking her rules entirely. The helmet is the most delicate thing on the plush and can not be duplicated because it is custom made. The hours spent on the helmet alone has been recorded here in this thread.

If you want to see the face details, please review the photos here on the first page.

The dive suit is the only removable thing on the plush as mentioned here.

Marshall plush measurements:
9 INCHES TALL
6 INCHES WIDE

Package mailing cost is about $6.00
Suggested ship is in a cardboard box, including USPS' insurance option (for up to $100, how much marshall is worth) which is $1.90 the shipper pays. Insurance is used so if the package is lost, there is still a way to be refunded for it.

You may ship him anyway you like, but insurance is a must no matter what.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Because this is a community project and we will be compiling a book of the "Adventures with Marshall", we may consider trying to have more than one copy made.

This will only happen due to supply and demand, and if the project "succeeds". wink

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
OPEN!!!!

If you have any questions, please post away. biggrin

Generous Elder

18,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Champion 300
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
scullylam

I ManateeMan gladly will take Marshall on a journey he has never been before. He will stay with me at the alotted time of ONE WEEK and will leave me safe and sound. I will not make Scullylam worry to death about the creation she has made and Marshall will enjoy his time forever and ever and ever and ever.

Mega Hoarder

scullylam

I, RafiCat, gladly will take Marshall on a journey he has never been before. He will stay with me at the allotted time of ONE WEEK and will leave me safe and sound. I will not make Scullylam worry to death about the creation she has made and Marshall will enjoy his time forever and ever and ever and ever.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
scullylam

I VKiera gladly will take Marshall on a journey he has never been before. He will stay with me at the alotted time of ONE WEEK and will leave me safe and sound. I will not make Scullylam worry to death about the creation she has made and Marshall will enjoy his time forever and ever and ever and ever.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Binary Mess
"2. You will have Marshall plush in your possession for about 1 WEEK. Mail times vary so to try and get him around the world, we want to make sure he is kept track of."

fixed. proves my mind runs faster than my fingers. ^^
scullylam
Binary Mess
"2. You will have Marshall plush in your possession for about 1 WEEK. Mail times vary so to try and get him around the world, we want to make sure he is kept track of."

fixed. proves my mind runs faster than my fingers. ^^

My mind and fingers run fast. razz
But it's the fastest blow that often goes astray.

Rainbow Muse

15,075 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
scullylam

I nebuLARUby gladly will take Marshall on a journey he has never been before. He will stay with me at the alotted time of ONE WEEK and will leave me safe and sound. I will not make Scullylam worry to death about the creation she has made and Marshall will enjoy his time forever and ever and ever and ever.

Militant Humorist

11,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
scullylam

I Mazelle gladly will take Marshall on a journey he has never been before. He will stay with me at the alotted time of ONE WEEK and will leave me safe and sound. I will not make Scullylam worry to death about the creation she has made and Marshall will enjoy his time forever and ever and ever and ever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff