Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you like best on Valentine's day?

chocolate! 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 2 ]
flowers! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
my hunny to make me candle light dinner 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 3 ]
post your favorite in the thread! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
gimme gold! *grabby* 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 2 ]
i hate valentines day >:( 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
This poll closed on February 14, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
WishingTreeCreation
Mountain Baby Roses

Yay! Welcome! emotion_awesome and yeah, I know at least for my Anna, (she is 9 months) this age seems like she is leaping from one "milestone" to the next! And that is kind of funny, I always said I wanted 12 kids, 6 birthed, and 6 adopted. But now that we have Anna Rose, we say 18 is a good number lol
*gasp* you have a malamute!!!!! Super jealous! I used to dream of haveing a half husky, half wolf.... But my husband doesn't think that's such a good idea with kids...(he's probably right) and we hate wolves anymore really. I used to love them until I moved to Montana and found out that they are a huge nuisance. So now I'd like a Newfoundland,or English Sheppards are gorgeous!
Also I'm with ya on the whole twilight junk. Though I only read half the first one and watched the first movie. That was all I needed to read or see to know that it was not for me.

I know, they learn so fast! Today she started 'growling' and making little 'rawr' noises at her toys and at us and the dogs while she chased them around in her walker. So cute! I'm not sure where she learned that...probably from one of her seven uncles. razz
Yeah, lots of people have wolfdogs here in Idaho and they have to be chained up in the yard all the time because they tend to be unpredictable. But Kodi's a good dog. She's really good with Piper and doesn't even flinch when she yanks on her ears or tail or rips her hair out. whee I absolutely love big dogs.
Ugh...don't even get me started on Twilight. My best friend kept telling me they were great and at her urging, because I trusted her, I kept reading. The fourth book was so ridiculously inconsistent and plotless I don't even know how Meyer calls herself a writer.
Then again, she's published and I'm not so I suppose I shouldn't say that. confused

I hear ya, I grew up with Ratwielers. Our first one did bite... But my father....didn't exactly control his anger toward her So she bit a couple of times and got a little grouchy as she got older. But then our next Rat, if she hurt anyone it was from jumping on you wanting to play. She had more of a lab personality.
And as for twilight, all I noticed about the book was how it seemed to like to toy with girls emotions and be this whole really weird fantasy love story. I don't really like to dwell in a "emotional" state of mind. So I don't watch chick flicks or anything like that. It's unrealistic and I think women would be allot more happier with the man that they got right in front of them if they would stop watching and reading that crap then expecting their husband's to be that way.

Tricky Lunatic

Mountain Baby Roses

I hear ya, I grew up with Ratwielers. Our first one did bite... But my father....didn't exactly control his anger toward her So she bit a couple of times and got a little grouchy as she got older. But then our next Rat, if she hurt anyone it was from jumping on you wanting to play. She had more of a lab personality.
And as for twilight, all I noticed about the book was how it seemed to like to toy with girls emotions and be this whole really weird fantasy love story. I don't really like to dwell in a "emotional" state of mind. So I don't watch chick flicks or anything like that. It's unrealistic and I think women would be allot more happier with the man that they got right in front of them if they would stop watching and reading that crap then expecting their husband's to be that way.

That's how I am too. I very rarely watch chick flicks and I don't think it's fair when women expect their man to be Hollywood's version of 'Mr. Perfect.' Guys will be guys, you can't change that and you probably really wouldn't want to if it came down to it. Seriously, if my husband was all romantic and lovey-dovey 24/7 I would be freaked out. whee

Icy Healer

15,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Healer 50
  • Frozen Solid 200

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
PrincessGlacies
heart
Awe! I see her! heart We never did do Anna. Oh, I bet she's going to be gorgeous just like her mommy! emotion_hug

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
WishingTreeCreation
Mountain Baby Roses

That's how I am too. I very rarely watch chick flicks and I don't think it's fair when women expect their man to be Hollywood's version of 'Mr. Perfect.' Guys will be guys, you can't change that and you probably really wouldn't want to if it came down to it. Seriously, if my husband was all romantic and lovey-dovey 24/7 I would be freaked out. whee

Haha! Yeah, Jake(my husband) has his moments which is nice. But he treats me right like a queen sometimes and I'd rather that then "lovey" actually. "Lovey" won't last. But "loving" and taking care of each other, and seeking one another.... That's where it's at. i believe If your husband is still seeking you after the wedding bells... You're going to-be just fine. wink

Tricky Lunatic

Mountain Baby Roses

Haha! Yeah, Jake(my husband) has his moments which is nice. But he treats me right like a queen sometimes and I'd rather that then "lovey" actually. "Lovey" won't last. But "loving" and taking care of each other, and seeking one another.... That's where it's at. i believe If your husband is still seeking you after the wedding bells... You're going to-be just fine. wink

I couldn't agree more.

So, I have a question/need advice if anyone can help me out. Actually, maybe I just need some reassurance...I don't know. I've been feeling really down lately because I've had to work so much to pay all the bills. My husband and I both work night shift and have to sleep durring the day, but as Piper (our baby) has gotten older, that's been harder and harder. We've started leaving her with my husband's mom in the morning for several hours so we can sleep (otherwise it's pretty much impossible to get through work the next day) then go pick her up. But I feel like I'm still not getting to spend much time with her. I'm looking for another job right now so that I can work durring th day and sleep at night with her, but in the meantime, I'm getting kind of depressed and I feel like I'm a 'bad mom' I guess. I'm working so that I can take care of her obviously, but I hate that I don't get to spend as much time with her and it makes me feel awful. Any suggestions or words of advice?

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
WishingTreeCreation
Mountain Baby Roses

I couldn't agree more.

So, I have a question/need advice if anyone can help me out. Actually, maybe I just need some reassurance...I don't know. I've been feeling really down lately because I've had to work so much to pay all the bills. My husband and I both work night shift and have to sleep durring the day, but as Piper (our baby) has gotten older, that's been harder and harder. We've started leaving her with my husband's mom in the morning for several hours so we can sleep (otherwise it's pretty much impossible to get through work the next day) then go pick her up. But I feel like I'm still not getting to spend much time with her. I'm looking for another job right now so that I can work durring th day and sleep at night with her, but in the meantime, I'm getting kind of depressed and I feel like I'm a 'bad mom' I guess. I'm working so that I can take care of her obviously, but I hate that I don't get to spend as much time with her and it makes me feel awful. Any suggestions or words of advice?

Hmmm...
1st off emotion_hug everything is going to be OK. No you are not a bad mom because you work. Bannish this thought from your mind anytime it comes up! If your motives are pure,(which it seems to me it is, otherwise you wouldn't be asking for help,) you are doing great!
2nd) hmmm...Let's put it this way, just because I am a stay at home mom, doesn't mean I spend quality time with Anna Rose...I still have to seek out that time to play with her, to read to her, and so on. And my opinion, honestly... I don't think that you sleeping with her during the nights going to fix much. I mean you're both asleep...your still not really spending time with her, and it also might form an attachment that she needs you in order to sleep So naps during the day will be hard, and an attachment may last till she's older too. And I can't see daddy liking that haha!
3rd. allot of the things that are going through my mind I'm guessing you have already thought about. I know the economy is rough right now, but it doesn't feel that way to us I guess because Montana is kind of ...doing really great actually. Haha! (Ever consider moving to Montana? Haha! )
.....where was I going with that........Oh! Have you looked into jobs that wasn't So demanding of your time and energy? like a part time job? Or maybe somewhere you could bring her to work with you like a daycare?
Also do you and your husband have a budget written out? This will do wonders( if you stick to it) and I know you might be thinking "blah! Budgets are too strict or structured for me" well, that's why YOU get to plan it ^_^ but if you haven't done it yet, you maybe surprised at how much you are spending on something you really don't need and once you cut down on a couple things you can afford to have a part time job.
I highly recommend Dave Ramsey's Financial Institute program thingy.(official title) he is funny, and it is really insightful. my husband and I are not in any kind of debt now, and his "emergency fund" has helped us out allot of times.
....I hope this helped....

Tricky Lunatic

Mountain Baby Roses

Hmmm...
1st off emotion_hug everything is going to be OK. No you are not a bad mom because you work. Bannish this thought from your mind anytime it comes up! If your motives are pure,(which it seems to me it is, otherwise you wouldn't be asking for help,) you are doing great!
2nd) hmmm...Let's put it this way, just because I am a stay at home mom, doesn't mean I spend quality time with Anna Rose...I still have to seek out that time to play with her, to read to her, and so on. And my opinion, honestly... I don't think that you sleeping with her during the nights going to fix much. I mean you're both asleep...your still not really spending time with her, and it also might form an attachment that she needs you in order to sleep So naps during the day will be hard, and an attachment may last till she's older too. And I can't see daddy liking that haha!
3rd. allot of the things that are going through my mind I'm guessing you have already thought about. I know the economy is rough right now, but it doesn't feel that way to us I guess because Montana is kind of ...doing really great actually. Haha! (Ever consider moving to Montana? Haha! )
.....where was I going with that........Oh! Have you looked into jobs that wasn't So demanding of your time and energy? like a part time job? Or maybe somewhere you could bring her to work with you like a daycare?
Also do you and your husband have a budget written out? This will do wonders( if you stick to it) and I know you might be thinking "blah! Budgets are too strict or structured for me" well, that's why YOU get to plan it ^_^ but if you haven't done it yet, you maybe surprised at how much you are spending on something you really don't need and once you cut down on a couple things you can afford to have a part time job.
I highly recommend Dave Ramsey's Financial Institute program thingy.(official title) he is funny, and it is really insightful. my husband and I are not in any kind of debt now, and his "emergency fund" has helped us out allot of times.

Thanks. smile I appreciate your encouragement and advice. And I have actually thought of moving to Montana. razz We drove to Bozeman two years ago to get up Kodi (the malamute) and I was seriously impressed. Everything is so nice there! The buildings are nice and the streets are nice and it doesn't look all run-down and falling apart like here. whee
I am going to start looking for a new job more seriously. After the crap that happened at work tonight I am SO freaking done with that place. My husband is getting a better paying job in April, so I may be able to go to four days a week instead of five, or something. That's something I hadn't considered.
We have a monthly budget and stick to it pretty well. We just have a ridiculous ammount of bills, even though we've cut out all the unnecessary stuff. Medical bills mostly, but also because my husband is in the middle of immigration court/trying to not get deported and let me tell you: lawyers are freaking expensive! gonk But I'm sure there's something else we could cut back on. When we get our taxes back we're going to try and catch up a little and put some away to save for emergencies.

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
WishingTreeCreation
Mountain Baby Roses

Hmmm...

Thanks. smile I appreciate your encouragement and advice. And I have actually thought of moving to Montana. razz We drove to Bozeman two years ago to get up Kodi (the malamute) and I was seriously impressed. Everything is so nice there! The buildings are nice and the streets are nice and it doesn't look all run-down and falling apart like here. whee
I am going to start looking for a new job more seriously. After the crap that happened at work tonight I am SO freaking done with that place. My husband is getting a better paying job in April, so I may be able to go to four days a week instead of five, or something. That's something I hadn't considered.
We have a monthly budget and stick to it pretty well. We just have a ridiculous ammount of bills, even though we've cut out all the unnecessary stuff. Medical bills mostly, but also because my husband is in the middle of immigration court/trying to not get deported and let me tell you: lawyers are freaking expensive! gonk But I'm sure there's something else we could cut back on. When we get our taxes back we're going to try and catch up a little and put some away to save for emergencies.

yeah, Bozeman is a nice town. its a college town. Mountains are close emotion_kirakira
.......(side note: i am on my laptop for the first time in a long time and I just realized all those emotions are animated! ... they are not on my Android. huh, ... i have probably used some wrongly. like i thought Burning was another kind of "shock" or something....oops. )
anyways
where are you from again?
what do you and your husband curently do for work?
I hope the court thing goes well, and i dont know much about lawyers.
but yeah, Dave Ramsey suggests $1000 for emergencies i know. i think that was the #1 step to do before anything else. (he has like 7 steps)

Tricky Lunatic

Mountain Baby Roses

yeah, Bozeman is a nice town. its a college town. Mountains are close emotion_kirakira
.......(side note: i am on my laptop for the first time in a long time and I just realized all those emotions are animated! ... they are not on my Android. huh, ... i have probably used some wrongly. like i thought Burning was another kind of "shock" or something....oops. )
anyways
but yeah, Dave Ramsey suggests $1000 for emergencies i know. i think that was the #1 step to do before anything else. (he has like 7 steps)

Hehe. I'm always on my android too so I didn't even know they were animated. I'll have to check that out on a real computer sometime.
I'm from Burley, Idaho. We have about 10,000 people and a really old walmart....that's about it.
Yeah, lawyers are expensive. The one we have is considered pretty cheap with all his experience and education, but he's still $250 and hour. We just pay him that much every month but the bill is growing and growing.

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
WishingTreeCreation
Mountain Baby Roses

anyways

Hehe. I'm always on my android too so I didn't even know they were animated. I'll have to check that out on a real computer sometime.
I'm from Burley, Idaho. We have about 10,000 people and a really old walmart....that's about it.
Yeah, lawyers are expensive. The one we have is considered pretty cheap with all his experience and education, but he's still $250 and hour. We just pay him that much every month but the bill is growing and growing.
hey, our closest Walmart is 90 miles away, and even then, it only has 1 entrance. ^_^ how often Do you see that? It's also 45 miles to bread,milk, and gas....kind of makes your town look like new York! Haha!

Tricky Lunatic

Mountain Baby Roses

Sorry for the late reply. I somehow missed the notification. razz Anyhow, I don't know if I could handle living that far into the Middle-of-Nowhere. whee I was born and raised in the city all my life until my parents dragged me here in high school. I definitely miss it. Not even because of how convenient it is. I just miss being surrounded by people, as wierd as that sounds. Cities feel more alive to me. Chaotic, but I kind of like the craziness.
Has your daughter learned any fun new tricks lately? Piper learned how to pull herself up to stand a few days ago and has been trying to stand up on everything now! She also thinks she's balanced enough to let go (she's not) and I have to race to catch her before she smacks her head on something. rolleyes crazy little daredevil. I don't think it will be too long before she walks, and I'm starting to doubt that she'll crawl first. A girl at work has a baby about the same age and keeps trying to convince me that if they walk before they crawl, they'll get dyslexia or some other learning disability. razz I looked it up. Not true. And apparently, my husband and both of his siblings just started walking and never crawled.

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
WishingTreeCreation
Mountain Baby Roses

Sorry for the late reply. I somehow missed the notification. razz Anyhow, I don't know if I could handle living that far into the Middle-of-Nowhere. whee I was born and raised in the city all my life until my parents dragged me here in high school. I definitely miss it. Not even because of how convenient it is. I just miss being surrounded by people, as wierd as that sounds. Cities feel more alive to me. Chaotic, but I kind of like the craziness.
Has your daughter learned any fun new tricks lately? Piper learned how to pull herself up to stand a few days ago and has been trying to stand up on everything now! She also thinks she's balanced enough to let go (she's not) and I have to race to catch her before she smacks her head on something. rolleyes crazy little daredevil. I don't think it will be too long before she walks, and I'm starting to doubt that she'll crawl first. A girl at work has a baby about the same age and keeps trying to convince me that if they walk before they crawl, they'll get dyslexia or some other learning disability. razz I looked it up. Not true. And apparently, my husband and both of his siblings just started walking and never crawled.

Oh no worries, I have not been on very much because I was afraid I was going to go over my bandwidth... sweatdrop and I did. crying stupid Verizon.
And I understand liking to be where people are. I used to live in Chicago, but that was way too city for me! Haha! But where we are now,.I don't have too many friends I can just call up and say "hey let's go bowling" or something, since everyone is really spread out around here everything is usually planned a couple weeks in advance...which means we pretty much see each other on Sundays at church and then we all have babies so it's "time to go home and put the kiddies to bed."
So yeah, I don't miss being surrounded by people bit getting to hang out everyone in a while would be nice.

Anna has been mastering sitting up by herself for the past week. She likes to get on her hands and knees and rock back and forth like she wants to crawl, but so far she crawls backwards or just goes in circles ^_^
I have heard crawling helps to develope coordination and reading skills. But i think it is ok for a baby to walk first but i would still encourage her to crawl. I heard it was something to Do with the way they have their neck all the time when they are crawling. I also heard of a university doing a study on it and having students that had learning problems crawling around at home or something like that. I think they said their disabilities got better, but it's all theory I guess.

Question about poo ^_^ and not the bear type. (Tehe) Anna used to poop hardly once a day for a while( 7 and 8 months.) but for the past week she has been pooping 3 or 4 times a day! And it is very different like very green and stringy. I know bananas will kind of Do that and I did give her some baby jar food bananas but that was liked 2 weeks ago.
She also doesnt get diaper rash and all of a sudden she has been getting it. I am wondering though if this has anything to Do with her pooping allot...
Any thoughts???

(I am also Jo bear chica on DA that commented on your art. I love the wolf cub ^_^ so cute!)

Tricky Lunatic

Mountain Baby Roses
WishingTreeCreation
Mountain Baby Roses

Oh no worries, I have not been on very much because I was afraid I was going to go over my bandwidth... sweatdrop and I did. crying stupid Verizon.
And I understand liking to be where people are. I used to live in Chicago, but that was way too city for me! Haha! But where we are now,.I don't have too many friends I can just call up and say "hey let's go bowling" or something, since everyone is really spread out around here everything is usually planned a couple weeks in advance...which means we pretty much see each other on Sundays at church and then we all have babies so it's "time to go home and put the kiddies to bed."
So yeah, I don't miss being surrounded by people bit getting to hang out everyone in a while would be nice.

Anna has been mastering sitting up by herself for the past week. She likes to get on her hands and knees and rock back and forth like she wants to crawl, but so far she crawls backwards or just goes in circles ^_^
I have heard crawling helps to develope coordination and reading skills. But i think it is ok for a baby to walk first but i would still encourage her to crawl. I heard it was something to Do with the way they have their neck all the time when they are crawling. I also heard of a university doing a study on it and having students that had learning problems crawling around at home or something like that. I think they said their disabilities got better, but it's all theory I guess.

Question about poo ^_^ and not the bear type. (Tehe) Anna used to poop hardly once a day for a while( 7 and 8 months.) but for the past week she has been pooping 3 or 4 times a day! And it is very different like very green and stringy. I know bananas will kind of Do that and I did give her some baby jar food bananas but that was liked 2 weeks ago.
She also doesnt get diaper rash and all of a sudden she has been getting it. I am wondering though if this has anything to Do with her pooping allot...
Any thoughts???

(I am also Jo bear chica on DA that commented on your art. I love the wolf cub ^_^ so cute!)

Yeah, it's definitely hard to get together with people when you're all scattered around everywhere. We do encourage her to crawl, she just doesn't seem to get it yet. She gets her legs all tangled under her and falls face forward.
Is she teething? When Piper started teething, she had wierd poops kind of like what you're describing, and then it turned into full-blown awful diarhea. Her butt was SO red and rashed and no matter what we put on it, it wouldn't get better. Finally someone said to try vaseline with the diaper creame and that helped. My mom said that doctors always say teething and diarhea aren't related, but I guess a lot of babies poop changes when they are teething because of all the extra saliva or something. Don't quote me on that because I'm not sure that's actually true, but it seemed to be for my baby.
I'll have to go check out your comment now. smile Thanks.

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
WishingTreeCreation

Yeah, it's definitely hard to get together with people when you're all scattered around everywhere. We do encourage her to crawl, she just doesn't seem to get it yet. She gets her legs all tangled under her and falls face forward.
Is she teething? When Piper started teething, she had wierd poops kind of like what you're describing, and then it turned into full-blown awful diarhea. Her butt was SO red and rashed and no matter what we put on it, it wouldn't get better. Finally someone said to try vaseline with the diaper creame and that helped. My mom said that doctors always say teething and diarhea aren't related, but I guess a lot of babies poop changes when they are teething because of all the extra saliva or something. Don't quote me on that because I'm not sure that's actually true, but it seemed to be for my baby.
I'll have to go check out your comment now. smile Thanks.

Yeah, I have been getting down on the ground with her with like a banana or something and trying to encourage her to come towards me. (I know, sounds like something you would do with a dog but...) We made a little improvement today so it seems to be working ^_^
and you are right, she is teething. Hmmm.... I have tried balmex , which didn't seem to be working so I just switched today to lansinoh which I have had good and quick results from before. We'll see, though next time I'm in town if it hasn't gone away I'll buy some vaseline.
I also have some of that stuff from monkey butt or whatever I was going to try next....

Side note:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/medical/IM01928 wow! Anna's never had it that bad! Not even the left picture!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff