Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you like best on Valentine's day?

chocolate! 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 2 ]
flowers! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
my hunny to make me candle light dinner 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 3 ]
post your favorite in the thread! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
gimme gold! *grabby* 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 2 ]
i hate valentines day >:( 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
This poll closed on February 14, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
Amaki Mikashi
Well Im by no means a mother but I think this is a splendid idea that needs publicity!
hey thank you Amaki! How have you been? I have tried joining you in threads but never actually see your posts to quote and talk or anything. sad
Do you have any ideas for a name? You may not be a mom but we'd appreciate any help.

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
Angel_Kitten_Sweetheart

http://bmcrministries.org/ this is where I used to work. Actually if you click on "employment" a picture that was taken 2 Christmases ago now is on that page. I'm the one in the front center practically with the long hair and swirly looking shirt. My husband Jake, is standing right behind me in a red shirt.^_^ (I was also ... 3 or 4 months pregnant in this picture.)
……*sigh* oh how I miss that place...... And the people and staff!
The couple in the center of the picture, each holding a child, that's our camp director. They have 7 kids (and another in heaven from miscarriage ) the youngest is 1 1/2 years old and the oldest is 9.... And she had them all at home... No midwife.
They have some Amaizing miracle stories!

Mewling Kitten

14,725 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Amaki Mikashi
Well Im by no means a mother but I think this is a splendid idea that needs publicity!

Awesome, thank you so much for the support!! heart

Friendly Nerd

11,250 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mountain Baby Roses
Amaki Mikashi
hey thank you Amaki! How have you been? I have tried joining you in threads but never actually see your posts to quote and talk o anything. :
Do you have any ideas for a name? You may not be a mom but wed appreciate any help.

Have you by any chance changed your username or am I thinking of someone else?

As for the name, I voted for Mom Outreach, I think it was. You could also try Moms of Gaia or something of Gaia

Mewling Kitten

14,725 Points
Mountain Baby Roses
Yeah, after I posted the 1st one was when I really noticed it, that's why I did the second..
(What is "imo" ?..)
yeah I did get it. I just didn't know how to respond since your inbox is full. I really like the idea of a collage but 5 might be too much ya know? I'd say 3 is a good number. If you can do 1 long one picture on the left, and then 2 square ones next to it with text on right. Or even the 2 square ones on the right Side and text in the middle...multi racial is good, I just don't like the idea of having picture of people's faces we don't know....that's where I was going for the hands and stuff. Like if you ever notice allot of other peoples banners usually don't have people in them. I think unless you took the picture or something it would be fine. Like I wouldn't mind having a picture of anna or some pictures I have from where I used to work. I know I could use them. And hey it was your idea about the plants remember wink I thought it was a good idea. I like the one with all the womens hands holding plants because I thought it could be a symbol of all the mom's getting together on gaia and then the baby plants represented the growing children...and then calling the thread something like "growing mom's" or "flourishing mom's" :/ "mom's care"?... Meh. "moms caring hands"? ... I don't know. "Old hen house" probably won't do lol I also thought about pictures of baby animals with their mom's?... Like bears, elephants and giraffes and call it "momma bear hangout: IT'S A ZOO IN HERE!" HAHA! idk. :/
Do you think I should add Gaia mom hangout to the poll since there is only one vote? Or just wait till we have more people with their ideas?....(it's my vote anyway, ^_^ I thought maybe if we had one someone else would)
And I think "mom's cafe" is already a website or cafe mom's... Maybe it could be "Gaia mom's cafe"?...ooo! Maybe "Gaia mom's tea and biscuits ".... Or something? biggrin ... I don't know. That might be too girl for some mom's?... Haha! Muah Haha! Ooooooh I need to go to bed. Haha! Yup, I just looked up and thought I saw you typed "and I won't order bananas till our name is for certain." ^_^
Anna kind of kept us up all night. Well... I actually accidentally woke her up, so it was my fault but it took forever for her to go back to sleep.

*sigh* oh and I do like the titles, though I have some questions on them, and probably some to add so we might combine like white list and black list into one post. Love the baby of the week photo / video idea. And I like the "dad's corner" what are you thinking of putting there though?

Did you get my profile comment about how are we going to talk if my phone does not let me do instant messaging?... Though it would be easier, and allot easier on my bandwidth.

Sorry about all these questions, this is probably why im's would be faster.

http://bmcrministries.org/ this is where I used to work. Actually if you click on "employment" a picture that was taken 2 Christmases ago now is on that page. I'm the one in the front center practically with the long hair and swirly looking shirt. My husband Jake, is standing right behind me in a red shirt.^_^ (I was also ... 3 or 4 months pregnant in this picture.)
……*sigh* oh how I miss that place...... And the people and staff!
The couple in the center of the picture, each holding a child, that's our camp director. They have 7 kids (and another in heaven from miscarriage ) the youngest is 1 1/2 years old and the oldest is 9.... And she had them all at home... No midwife.
They have some Amaizing miracle stories!

Gaia Moms
Growing Mothers
Growing mom's
Mom Outreach
Mom Cafe/ Cafe Moms
flourishing mom's
mom's care
moms caring hands
Old hen house
Gaia mom's tea and biscuits
momma bear hangout: IT'S A ZOO IN HERE!

Ok, so far..these are all the possible names you gave me. Don't worry about all the questions...I'm more than happy to answer them! imo=in my opinion. lol Abbreviations! brb=be right back bbl=be back later ty=thank you yw=your welcome bbs=be back soon ttyl=talk to you later And I'll give you others when I think of them. LOL

Talking in quotes to this thread is fine, just save the link I gave you. I will add any new pictures to that link. I see your point with the people's faces..that's fine. Yes, one or two pictures could indeed be better. And the multiple hands with plants..those are children, not women actually. LOL But it works to think of it in both respects.

Sure, redo the poll, it should be fine! Yeah we have tom-boy like moms as well as delicate mom's..single mom's, married mom's, divorced, ext. We don't want to leave anyone out. The "Momma Bear" thing is nice, but many people might think it's a furry thread. Mine you, I AM a furry...but not everyone is. lol So though an animal picture in the banner would be cute! I wouldn't really suggest it in the name totally, or at least not as obvious.

Nice picture! Why are you no longer working there?? A shame since you loved it so much.

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
Amaki Mikashi
Mountain Baby Roses
Amaki Mikashi
hey thank you Amaki! How have you been? I have tried joining you in threads but never actually see your posts to quote and talk o anything. :
Do you have any ideas for a name? You may not be a mom but wed appreciate any help.

As for the name, I voted for Mom Outreach, I think it was. You could also try Moms of Gaia or something of Gaia
oh, yeah....sorry I keep forgetting to tell people. This is Jo bear chica. You did the art for me with the link in my siggy...

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
Angel_Kitten_Sweetheart

Gaia Moms
Growing Mothers
Growing mom's
Mom Outreach
Mom Cafe/ Cafe Moms
flourishing mom's
mom's care
moms caring hands
Old hen house
Gaia mom's tea and biscuits
momma bear hangout: IT'S A ZOO IN HERE!

Ok, so far..these are all the possible names you gave me. Don't worry about all the questions...I'm more than happy to answer them! imo=in my opinion. lol Abbreviations! brb=be right back bbl=be back later ty=thank you yw=your welcome bbs=be back soon ttyl=talk to you later And I'll give you others when I think of them. LOL

Talking in quotes to this thread is fine, just save the link I gave you. I will add any new pictures to that link. I see your point with the people's faces..that's fine. Yes, one or two pictures could indeed be better. And the multiple hands with plants..those are children, not women actually. LOL But it works to think of it in both respects.

Sure, redo the poll, it should be fine! Yeah we have tom-boy like moms as well as delicate mom's..single mom's, married mom's, divorced, ext. We don't want to leave anyone out. The "Momma Bear" thing is nice, but many people might think it's a furry thread. Mine you, I AM a furry...but not everyone is. lol So though an animal picture in the banner would be cute! I wouldn't really suggest it in the name totally, or at least not as obvious.

Nice picture! Why are you no longer working there?? A shame since you loved it so much.

Thanks, and do you want the long story or short? Haha! I mean we left on good terms! We still love the camp and are all for them and support them, but... Well, the really REALLY short story is that ever since Jake and I got married we have lived there and without water and electricity. It just got allot harder when Anna came along and after we were told that we still wouldn't be getting it for a few years they posed the question if this was still where God would have us. (It is going to be I think around $50k project. ) plus we were in the middle of building a house( that we were living in) and it was hard on Jake and our relationship for him to come home from work... And work some more. So after over a year and almost a half of living there together,( we went to the college even before that,) having our minds consumed by the building of that house and making a future for us there and a few years worth of friendships made there.... We packed up and left. ...... I am crying even right now as I type this.... I just miss it all so much.
Don't get me wrong, we love having running water, electricity, shower, sink, toilet *the angels begin to sing,) No plywood floors or ceiling, not having to worry about moths and spiders, Anna having floor time, all around cleaner house, better diet since we have a fridge, Jake's current job.....oh the list is never ending of what we are thankful for that some Americans never give a second thought too.... But I still miss the place and the heart of Beartooth Mountain Christian Ranch.
If you are ever this way (I don't know where you live) I suggest stopping by and talking to someone about the ministry ^_^ they give great deals during the off season if you just want to pitch a tent or if you have a motor home or something. (Like $20 maybe a night?)
Otherwise during the summer they are pretty full. They do have a family camp though that is open to anyone that wants to go.

Thanks for answering all my questions ^_^ you missed the one about the dad's corner though wink
and haha! You are right! those are kids hands holding them...well maybe not then haha!

Mewling Kitten

14,725 Points
Mountain Baby Roses
Thanks, and do you want the long story or short? Haha! I mean we left on good terms! We still love the camp and are all for them and support them, but... Well, the really REALLY short story is that ever since Jake and I got married we have lived there and without water and electricity. It just got allot harder when Anna came along and after we were told that we still wouldn't be getting it for a few years they posed the question if this was still where God would have us. (It is going to be I think around $50k project. ) plus we were in the middle of building a house( that we were living in) and it was hard on Jake and our relationship for him to come home from work... And work some more. So after over a year and almost a half of living there together,( we went to the college even before that,) having our minds consumed by the building of that house and making a future for us there and a few years worth of friendships made there.... We packed up and left. ...... I am crying even right now as I type this.... I just miss it all so much.
Don't get me wrong, we love having running water, electricity, shower, sink, toilet *the angels begin to sing,) No plywood floors or ceiling, not having to worry about moths and spiders, Anna having floor time, all around cleaner house, better diet since we have a fridge, Jake's current job.....oh the list is never ending of what we are thankful for that some Americans never give a second thought too.... But I still miss the place and the heart of Beartooth Mountain Christian Ranch.
If you are ever this way (I don't know where you live) I suggest stopping by and talking to someone about the ministry ^_^ they give great deals during the off season if you just want to pitch a tent or if you have a motor home or something. (Like $20 maybe a night?)
Otherwise during the summer they are pretty full. They do have a family camp though that is open to anyone that wants to go.

Thanks for answering all my questions ^_^ you missed the one about the dad's corner though wink
and haha! You are right! those are kids hands holding them...well maybe not then haha!

Mom Outreach
Mom Cafe/ Cafe Moms
moms caring hands
Are the 3 names I like most..just add Gaia to the front of each. <nod nod>
Dad's corner would be filled with links to sites that help with dad information or raising tips. Perhaps a video of a dad with kid or something like that. You know, things of this nature. We support mom's AND dad's after all.

Trust me, I for one FULLY know what you mean appreciating water and electricity. Ours might get cut off tomorrow. x.x You can still keep in touch with the friends you made there though!

As for the pictures, we can use the hands holding picture, and perhaps the picture of the daughter holding mother's hand? Or the baby picture..what you think?

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
Angel_Kitten_Sweetheart
Mom Outreach
Mom Cafe/ Cafe Moms
moms caring hands
Dad's corner would be filled with links to sites that help with dad information or raising tips. Perhaps a video of a dad with kid or something like that. You know, things of this nature. We support mom's AND dad's after all.

Trust me, I for one FULLY know what you mean appreciating water and electricity. Ours might get cut off tomorrow. x.x You can still keep in touch with the friends you made there though!

As for the pictures, we can use the hands holding picture, and perhaps the picture of the daughter holding mother's hand? Or the baby picture..what you think?

What about the "gaia mom's hangout" one?... And I just thought the caring hands would go with the picture with all the plants being held, so I'm not sure I like that one so much anymore...unless, did you like the one with only one plant?...
Yeah, I have a good video already in mind for dad's. It makes me cry every time crying (it is Christ related though... )
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=BPysEqJlXrs

Why is your water and electric going to get shut off? How long does it stay off?
And ours wasn't just shut off, we didn't have water for a year and a half... And with No electricity, we ate allot of hamburger helper and tuna helper, (we just made it with powdered milk) and canned goods. (We had a freezer plugged in a couple of "city blocks" away from our house at the neighbors we'd walk to to get our deer meat.) We had an igloo container that Jake would fill once or twice a week at camp and then since we didn't have a septic or anything, he rigged it up to dump in a 5 gallon bucket sitting under the sink we would have to keep an eye on and go dump it. His grandparents also gave us an old propane apartment size stove we started using after new years last year. So we were able to use that to cook.
And when your pregnant, the last thing you want to go into is an outhouse. Haha!

Mewling Kitten

14,725 Points
Mountain Baby Roses
Angel_Kitten_Sweetheart
Mom Outreach
Mom Cafe/ Cafe Moms
moms caring hands

What about the "gaia mom's hangout" one?... And I just thought the caring hands would go with the picture with all the plants being held, so I'm not sure I like that one so much anymore...unless, did you like the one with only one plant?...
Yeah, I have a good video already in mind for dad's. It makes me cry every time crying (it is Christ related though... )
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=BPysEqJlXrs

Why is your water and electric going to get shut off? How long does it stay off?
And ours wasn't just shut off, we didn't have water for a year and a half... And with No electricity, we ate allot of hamburger helper and tuna helper, (we just made it with powdered milk) and canned goods. (We had a freezer plugged in a couple of "city blocks" away from our house at the neighbors we'd walk to to get our deer meat.) We had an igloo container that Jake would fill once or twice a week at camp and then since we didn't have a septic or anything, he rigged it up to dump in a 5 gallon bucket sitting under the sink we would have to keep an eye on and go dump it. His grandparents also gave us an old propane apartment size stove we started using after new years last year. So we were able to use that to cook.
And when your pregnant, the last thing you want to go into is an outhouse. Haha!

The link didn't go anywhere. x.x Try that again? Don't know how long, better not be long. We are working on trying to get the money together. I like Gaia Mom's Hangout..that does sound nice. The plant picture, is MAN'S hands...not a woman. This is about MOMS after all. I found a better picture of that same picture though. I liked the different skin tones, and even colors in the clothing of all the kids holding the plants. But we could just do the mom/daughter holding hands pic, and the baby's face picture...and leave the rest out.

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
Angel_Kitten_Sweetheart
Mountain Baby Roses
Angel_Kitten_Sweetheart
Mom Outreach
Mom Cafe/ Cafe Moms
moms caring hands

The link didn't go anywhere. x.x Try that again? Don't know how long, better not be long. We are working on trying to get the money together. I like Gaia Mom's Hangout..that does sound nice. The plant picture, is MAN'S hands...not a woman. This is about MOMS after all. I found a better picture of that same picture though. I liked the different skin tones, and even colors in the clothing of all the kids holding the plants. But we could just do the mom/daughter holding hands pic, and the baby's face picture...and leave the rest out.

... I think that might be the same though... :/
Maybe go to you tube, and search "the bridge" and it's done by fallenroses123
Uhg! Why do I keep getting these pictures so wrong!? Haha! blaugh
OK, do you have a link to the other pic?
I personally like odd numbers when it comes to the amount of pics. Though maybe you have something your picturing that I'm just not seeing.
And it's hard to say what pics to use before we pick a name ya know? Like if we do something with "growing" then we use probably a pic of the plant, but if we don't, I wouldn't use it. If we do "cafe mom's" I would honestly put a cup with steam coming out of it or something. If it's "moms caring hands ,".then the pic with the daughter holding mom's hand....

Mewling Kitten

14,725 Points
Mountain Baby Roses
I personally like odd numbers when it comes to the amount of pics. Though maybe you have something your picturing that I'm just not seeing.
And it's hard to say what pics to use before we pick a name ya know? Like if we do something with "growing" then we use probably a pic of the plant, but if we don't, I wouldn't use it. If we do "cafe mom's" I would honestly put a cup with steam coming out of it or something. If it's "moms caring hands ,".then the pic with the daughter holding mom's hand....

Nope..it's not working. x.x Oh well.

<hugs> I will work on getting the other pictures loaded, but I see what you mean. We get name first..and THEN work on getting the banner with the right pictures. <nod nod> I like the teacup with steam idea though!

Quotable Regular

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
Angel_Kitten_Sweetheart
Mountain Baby Roses

Nope..it's not working. x.x Oh well.

<hugs> I will work on getting the other pictures loaded, but I see what you mean. We get name first..and THEN work on getting the banner with the right pictures. <nod nod> I like the teacup with steam idea though!

Oh! I think I know why! I am on my android and it makes an "m" you see in the link before YouTube because it changes it up so to be able to play and look better on my phone then the original website.
But it is well worth watching. *nod nod* I have actually seen grown men tear up to it. Especially those with children.
Yeah that would be great. I think I will start to go ask around about the thread name to some other mom's I know. I'm also trying to get my irl sister to join gaia and come to the thread.

Mewling Kitten

14,725 Points
Mountain Baby Roses
Oh! I think I know why! I am on my android and it makes an "m" you see in the link before YouTube because it changes it up so to be able to play and look better on my phone then the original website.
But it is well worth watching. *nod nod* I have actually seen grown men tear up to it. Especially those with children.
Yeah that would be great. I think I will start to go ask around about the thread name to some other mom's I know. I'm also trying to get my irl sister to join gaia and come to the thread.

I watched it..is that a true story? Or is it just made up? But our thread is supposed to be HAPPY. That's not quite the one I would put up on it. Oh wow, that would be great if she could. <nod nod>

Friendly Nerd

11,250 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mountain Baby Roses
Amaki Mikashi
Mountain Baby Roses
Amaki Mikashi

oh, yeah....sorry I keep forgetting to tell people. This is Jo bear chica. You did the art for me with the link in my siggy...

i thought so! you looked the same but it felt a bit... rude to ask

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces