Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Abductee

Hey y'all~
I just wanna know if y'all think this would ~work~

Basically I want to host a contest in which I would give away 10-20million gold.

However, I want to make it like the show "Survivor.
I've played Survivor on other forum boards, and I wanna see if I can bring it to gaia.

Basically its just a matter of getting 15-20 people in the game, and having them submit votes of the other gaians who they want to eliminate. It would narrow down one-by-one until we have a winner, and I would give them 10-20 million gold.

On the other site I play it on, These last an actual month of IRL time. Even if you dont win, theyre a lot of fun~

As for "Challenges", Ive seen this style of game use PM-based challenge (In which you would answer a quiz or attempt to get a highscore in an online game) or use random.org to assign an immunity winner.

••••••••

I think it would be SO MUCH fun to do in the Chatterbox, and those who arent playing can spectate and it can be much fun! The point is to get Gaians to interact and strategize and swing votes! <3

I just want to know if there was a possibility that it would work.
Keep in mind there are other details mentioned that would prevent cheaters, people going inactive still remaining in the game, etc.

yukai_mara's Husband

Beloved Bloodsucker

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The problem with a PM based system is the general users can't really see the PMs themselves so they won't know with 100% certainty that the quizzes wouldn't be rigged. You would have to screenshot each set of answers along with posting the correct ones so that there is no doubt. Make sure you have everything 100% figured out before you try to post a contest or game like that. people will use every loophole they can to get the rules on their side.

Instead of doing a random immune person, most game shows I watch tend to have one challenge winner and they are given immunity based on how well they've done. I suggest something similar. like if someone gets 100% on your quiz, give it to them. If there's a tie, do a tie breaker challenge etc.

Not really suggestions on my part, but perhaps some stuff to think about ^^;

Popular Abductee

ChihayatheBlackAngel
The problem with a PM based system is the general users can't really see the PMs themselves so they won't know with 100% certainty that the quizzes wouldn't be rigged. You would have to screenshot each set of answers along with posting the correct ones so that there is no doubt. Make sure you have everything 100% figured out before you try to post a contest or game like that. people will use every loophole they can to get the rules on their side.

Instead of doing a random immune person, most game shows I watch tend to have one challenge winner and they are given immunity based on how well they've done. I suggest something similar. like if someone gets 100% on your quiz, give it to them. If there's a tie, do a tie breaker challenge etc.

Not really suggestions on my part, but perhaps some stuff to think about ^^;

Oh I fully understand your concerns, all of those are worked out! Thankfully, heh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff